Home
Serious hunters around the globe who demand better than clumsy, breakable flip-up style scope covers have embraced ScopeShield(tm) scope covers for some years now. They are the favorites of 24hourcampfire contributors such as John Barsness.

I would like to see comments from campfire members who have used them, and welcome any sort of questions members may have regarding these ingeniously simple solutions for hunters in the field.
I use the bikini cover, which is very similar and easy to find....another option.
After having tried the bikini cover and the rubber band covers, I much prefer the Butler Creek flip caps. They are so easy to use and are much quicker when it's crunch time.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
After having tried the bikini cover and the rubber band covers, I much prefer the Butler Creek flip caps. They are so easy to use and are much quicker when it's crunch time.

Nothing is easier or faster than the ScopeShield. Here is an offer. The next ten members who reply here and e-mail me their mailing address and scope make and model, will receive a ScopeShield my compliments. Incidentally, ScopeShield Alaska is a sponsor of the 24hourcampfire.com.
OK, i'll bite, e-mail sent.
Me2!

e mail sent.

Looks like a good product.

Wish you well in your business adventure.

Take Care
Email sent
Originally Posted by gwindrider1
Me2!

You are in the game gwinder, but e-mail your scope make and model and mailing address.
I'll play.
Me too.

I checked out your video. "on how to use" Cover comes off the scope real nice and fast. Does not fall to the ground. Easily re-installs back on scope.
Me too.
Me too!
Reminder: to receive the freebie, don't forget to email your scope make and model and your mailing address! I am shipping from the emails in the order they are received. At this moment, we have 5 still available.
Me too.
Me too...
Just missed it!!

I will check these out anyway. My butler creek just broke this morning.
Originally Posted by drahthaar
Just missed it!!

I will check these out anyway. My butler creek just broke this morning.

Just the guy we are looking for! Email your info and I will send one!
Thank you everyone! That was fun, and for those of you who were quick on the draw, just another unexpected benefit of the campfire. After you have received and used these, be sure to post comments on the campfire.

In my three years of ScopeShield Alaska, no one, NOT ONE has been returned because the hunter did not think it to be the best, simplest, fastest and most effective cover available for use in the field today. The only return for any reason was by a world-renowned outfitter in Butte Montana, who, of all people got one that had been defectively stitched...and he merely had to have a replacement!
Will they keep out dust? I mean REALLY bad dust?
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Will they keep out dust? I mean REALLY bad dust?

On an antelope trip in Southern Idaho, we took off with the back hatch of the Jeep inadvertantly open. The high desert dust boiled in and covered everything. The ScopeShield not only covers the entire scope body, it seals around the lenses. Our scopes were the only thing left pristine.
They are hugely popular with those transitting on ATVs for that reason, as well as snow and mud too.
Bookmarked site for future. Have couple rifles with bolt clearance issues using butler caps. Thanks for the info.
looks like I am going to have to buy mine.
Just talked to a fellow out of Idaho and put my order in.
Keep an eye on the ScopeShield Alaska Riflescope Covers thread, as there will occasionally be more offers from the idiot owner (me) for the benefit of campfire members!
For our old and new ScopeShield fans alike, just a note for those of you who are RMEF members, or banquet committee members. ScopeShields with RMEF logo, including the local chapter logo, are again available in the 2012 RMEF Events Merchandise catalog which may be selected by all 550 chapters.

Ask your local RMEF folks to bring some in for the banquet!
Hello to all, I received my Scope Shield scope cover today. I really like this item, works great.

I put this on my Kimber 84M, 308 Win. It has a Leupold 2.5-8x36 on it. This cover comes flying off out of the way with ease. Goes back on just as easy. With the keeper on the end of your scope cover, it will not fall to the ground or get lost in the heat of the moment.

I have tried the similar type of covers as well, the flip-up covers and the Aluma. I find this cover works the best so far. I have messed with this thing on and off today. It has always come off the scope when I wanted it to, with no hick-ups.

The fit on the scope is nice, looks to keep the harsh weather out and unwanted dust.

This will not be my last scope cover from this company.
Got back from the last day of my deer season yesterday evening to find mine had arrived. Thanks!

Wish you had made the offer last week. Dust was so bad this year that I had to put the flip up covers that I reserve for bad weather in Colorado back on my rifle last Sunday. Looking forward to giving your product a workout over in Texas in December.
I've been using 2 for a couple years now. I'll be buying another next week at the RMEF banquet.

I received mine today as well. It appears to be well made and it functions just as advertised. When deer season begins here in Mississippi, it will get put to use.
I use them and like them also prevents gun safe rash.
I received the ScopeShield Alaska Riflescope Cover yesterday...just 3 days after I sent my address and scope info to
IdahoElkHunter in a reply to his generous offer. The cover appears to be well made and fits my scope like the proverbial "glove". I will have more comments after an upcoming predator hunt.
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
I've been using 2 for a couple years now. I'll be buying another next week at the RMEF banquet.

358Norma, and all others attending the Cook Inlet Chapter banquet on Nov 19th, look up Jon Stram, the ScopeShield inventor, who will be in attendance.
I will invest in a ScopeShield Cover.. Best design I've seen yet.

Butler Creek scope caps suck. Leupold's Luma Flips are tougher and will lay open flat and anchored unlike BC's.. Pard just busted another BC yesterday.

ScopeShield looks like a winner!
ScopeShield Alaska Riflescope covers, in addition to black and camo patterns, now come in Digital Gray pattern as well. They are absolutely elegant on stainless/synthetic rifle and scope combos

[Linked Image]
I received mine last Thursday and looked it over real good. Appears to be well made and when I put it on my scope I found that it also covers a the upper portion of the action on my M70. Haven't had a chance to use it yet and probably won't until next spring but so far I do like what i've seen so far. My wife wants one for her rig so i'll be ordering one before Christmas.

My thanks to Terry for offering these up here on the 'Fire!
I have used mine the past couple days. One word.

Awesome!

Haven't laid eyes on a deer but we are getting our first snow squalls, everything is covered in that drippy wet snow, but my scope is clean and dry. So, if or when I actually see a deer or a wolf(the only two tags I have left), I should be golden!!
© 24hourcampfire