Home
Posted By: MWC Hearing Protection - 11/09/11
Looking into electronic hearing protection and hearing aid. Do they work as stated? Can someone recommend brands? I've lost most of my hearing in one ear and when I use ear plugs I can't hear anything...game or hunting partners. Thanks.
Posted By: 68injunhed Re: Hearing Protection - 11/09/11
I've got a pair of the Walker muffs, they work pretty well actually, directional hearing and the whole bit. Mute out the blast of my .44 mag pretty well, too.
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Hearing Protection - 11/09/11
I use a pair of the camo Howard Leight's that I bought at Cabela's.

Electronic Muffs

They work fine for everything I do.

Ed
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Hearing Protection - 11/10/11
i need some for working around diesel motors.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Hearing Protection - 11/10/11
STX, when shooting I tear off a patch of really thin plastic bag and roll it in a ball and stuff it in. it expands nicely and let's me hear a little without causing inner ear pain after hours of use. The bags in the veggie center of a grocery store are good.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Hearing Protection - 11/10/11
I use Walker muffs now. Prior to that I used Action Ears for at least twenty years.

Guns are loud; even .22 rimfires.
Posted By: Tip926 Re: Hearing Protection - 11/10/11
What?
Posted By: ikesdad Re: Hearing Protection - 11/10/11
Originally Posted by eyeball
STX, when shooting I tear off a patch of really thin plastic bag and roll it in a ball and stuff it in. it expands nicely and let's me hear a little without causing inner ear pain after hours of use. The bags in the veggie center of a grocery store are good.

Say what ?
You put it in your ears or in muffs?
Posted By: AKHntr Re: Hearing Protection - 11/10/11
A few people I know have made their own. Put some Jergens Lotion in your ears and then fill them with siilcone sealer. When the silicone dries, you can pop them out and they are a perfect fit. Supposedly the Black Silcone will not sting while it dries.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Hearing Protection - 11/10/11
Originally Posted by ikesdad
Originally Posted by eyeball

Say what ?
You put it in your ears or in muffs?
my azz of course, that's why it doesn't hurt my ear canals. laugh
© 24hourcampfire