Home
http://nation.foxnews.com/president...mpaign-plans-abandon-white-working-class

The Future of the Obama Coalition

By THOMAS B. EDSALL, The New York Times

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment � professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists � and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/president...bandon-white-working-class#ixzz1f2YpWiQT
Who would have guessed?
Teachers??

Who would have guessed...
If all the members of the teachers unions didn't vote, do you think that maybe things would be a little different?

These are the people who fill the minds of your children with ideas that go against the reality of common sense and logic..

Not saying all of them are screwballs..
the democrats abandoned the white working class decades ago...it's just taken this long for some of its members to wise up to the fact.
The hell you say?!?!?!?
Steve

It will make for an interesting election.

The gloves will be off.

Snake
Nope.
That's FoxNews' interpretation and headline - the NY Time's headline is something much different.
Furthermore, regurgitating FoxNews' misleading headline is akin to lying and doesn't reflect well on the OP.

This is why FoxNews viewers are more misinformed (I'll be nice and not use the word "stupid") than even those who watch no news at all.
Horseshit to your horseshit.

First Paragraph, second sentence of the NYT article:

"But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class."

So what part of the headline is incorrect?
Looks like we have another Obama ballwasher on the forum.
Here's the actual NYT piece for you to read and judge for yourself.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Looks like we have another Obama ballwasher on the forum.

Nope - just one who has grown weary of liars and those who aid and abet their lies.
Originally Posted by oruacat2
Here's the actual NYT piece for you to read and judge for yourself.

Originally Posted by Steve
Horseshit to your horseshit.

First Paragraph, second sentence of the NYT article:

"But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class."

So what part of the headline is incorrect?

Again what part of the headline is incorrect.
The 2012 approach treats white voters without college degrees as an unattainable cohort. The Democratic goal with these voters is to keep Republican winning margins to manageable levels, in the 12 to 15 percent range, as opposed to the 30-point margin of 2010

Have we redefined the word "abandon" now?
No, I ain't no cat too.Quit askin' and go away.
Originally Posted by Nrut
Teachers??

If all the members of the teachers unions didn't vote, do you think that maybe things would be a little different?

These are the people who fill the minds of your children with ideas that go against the reality of common sense and logic..

I hope you aren't saying all of us are screwballs...believe it or not, there are some teachers who hang out here and find ways to teach things like wildlife management and the role hunting plays in society today to students in biology classes. I am trying to do my part to help teach common sense and logic and, yes, I do take it a bit personal when teachers as a whole are put down.
The 2012 approach treats white voters without college degrees as an unattainable cohort. The Democratic goal with these voters is to keep Republican winning margins to manageable levels, in the 12 to 15 percent range, as opposed to the 30-point margin of 2010

Have we redefined the word "abandon" now?

Do I have to put the word in the middle of the freaking sentence from the article in bold for you? Edsall used the word in his opener. Not like FN pulled it out of thin air.

Jesus....
never fails these guys show up every election year to stir chit up.

Profile for oruacat2

Member #: 37275 Online content
Title: Member
Total Posts: 152
Registered on: 09/05/11 09:45 PM

About Me
Hobbies: backpacking, paddling, fighting conservative lies
If they'd only get creative while they have their faces buried in the Dem's crotches. Maybe try doing the alphabet with their tongues.
That paddling reference goes right back to Piddler.
They've no use any longer for useful idiots.
fighting conservative lies

...while ignoring incessant liberal prevarication?

Just curious.
Majority of the UAW is white...
Don't worry; he still need the UAW idiots. Y'all are bought and paid for.
Originally Posted by Proud_Dad
Teachers??

NOT SAYING ALL OF THEM ARE SCREWBALLS

I hope you aren't saying all of us are screwballs...believe it or not, there are some teachers who hang out here and find ways to teach things like wildlife management and the role hunting plays in society today to students in biology classes. I am trying to do my part to help teach common sense and logic and, yes, I do take it a bit personal when teachers as a whole are put down.

Great!
We need more like you..
Do you disagree with this?

"If all the members of the teachers unions didn't vote, do you think that maybe things would be a little different?"

To be honest with you Proud_Dad in my mind it doesn't matter what I think anyway..
What is going to happen is going to happen..
And yes I had a few very good teachers myself back in the 50's and 60's..
OP-why not, he did abandon them.
Originally Posted by Proud_Dad
Teachers??

NOT SAYING ALL OF THEM ARE SCREWBALLS

Great!
We need more like you..
Do you disagree with this?

"If all the members of the teachers unions didn't vote, do you think that maybe things would be a little different?"

To be honest with you Proud_Dad in my mind it doesn't matter what I think anyway..
What is going to happen is going to happen..
And yes I had a few very good teachers myself back in the 50's and 60's..

Thank you, Nrut. I may not change the world, but I'm trying to make a difference one student at a time. I guess in my mind that is why I believe it matters what I think.

As far as the teachers unions, I don't belong to one and, as such, don't pay a lot of attention to them, at least from a political standpoint. I know I am lucky because I am in a small, rural district, so that is where I keep most of my focus. My belief is students will do better in the big world if they remember the life lessons that can be learned in our smaller setting. I, too, hope things will improve on a larger scale in the years ahead. I'm 27 years in and wouldn't still be trying if I didn't believe it mattered. I've probably rambled on long enough...thanks again. Appreciate you replying back.
hunting season is way more preferable to political season.

mayhaps I'll live long enough to see the two combined.

we were sold down the river by politicians many years ago, middle class working folks that is.

Everybody knows that Kansas teachers are the same as New Jersey teachers, right?
Just to clear things up a bit...

Originally Posted by NYT
Campaign Stops - Strong Opinions on the 2012 Election
November 27, 2011, 11:34 pm
The Future of the Obama Coalition
By THOMAS B. EDSALL

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/the-future-of-the-obama-coalition/
Well I abonded them myself almost 40 years ago when I turned 18 and could make my own decisions.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Everybody knows that Kansas teachers are the same as New Jersey teachers, right?

Something like that...except most of the ones there probably won't stop to deer hunt on the way home like I will starting Wednesday. Pretty good way to relax after a day in the classroom!
Originally Posted by temmi
Who would have guessed?
Yeah, I'm SO surprised..

Is this not a predictable outcome of diversity?

That and the Immigration & Naturalization Act of 1965.
Nope.
That's FoxNews' interpretation and headline - the NY Time's headline is something much different.
Furthermore, regurgitating FoxNews' misleading headline is akin to lying and doesn't reflect well on the OP.

This is why FoxNews viewers are more misinformed (I'll be nice and not use the word "stupid") than even those who watch no news at all.

You Se�or are the [bleep] LIAR here. I've read the goddam NYT "Opinion Page" and it's as the OP posted.

WTF PAYS you to disseminate your BS,....anyway ?

Bugger off.

GTC
Originally Posted by stxhunter
never fails these guys show up every election year to stir chit up.

Profile for oruacat2

Member #: 37275 Online content
Title: Member
Total Posts: 152
Registered on: 09/05/11 09:45 PM

About Me
Hobbies: backpacking, paddling, fighting conservative lies

Yep Obama'sBall Washer sounds about right.
© 24hourcampfire