Home
Posted By: VAnimrod Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
This, is just fantastic.

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...omas-gives-life-changing-gift-super-bowl
See, that is what Pro Athletes shoudl be doing, not the thug bullschit, somewhere growin up he had someone teach him what it means to be a Man!
Posted By: Sako Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
Awesome... thanks for sharing
Posted By: Scott F Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
It is really refreshing to see someone like this really giving back.

If he never plays in one game he is still a bigger man and a bigger hero in my book.
Posted By: rong Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
Doesn't get much better than that,wish it happened more,thanks for sharing that
Posted By: .280Rem Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
Fact is, NFL players do much more good than thuggery. It's just the thuggery that usually makes the news. The NFL as a whole, is very philanthropic.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-named-americas-most-charitable-athlete/

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh isn�t only the dirtiest player in the NFL. He�s also the most charitable player in the NFL.

The Giving Back Fund, which advises people in the sports and entertainment industries on philanthropy, has released its annual list of the 30 celebrities who gave the largest charitable gifts, according to public records. Suh�s donation of $2.6 million to his alma mater, the University of Nebraska, made him the most generous athlete in America, and the sixth-most generous celebrity of any kind.

Suh was one of two NFL players in the Giving Back 30, joined by Giants quarterback Eli Manning and his wife Abby, who donated $1 million to their alma mater, the University of Mississippi. Also on the list was model Gisele Bundchen, wife of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who gave $1.5 million to the Red Cross for Haiti relief.
Posted By: g5m Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
That's a fine story.
You have to cheer that football player.
Posted By: safariman Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
Great story about a good guy. Refreshing to say the least.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
Mark;

Check the other "SuperBowl wives" thread.
Posted By: safariman Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/07/12
Just did, and posted there. Thanks
Very nice! I hope he starts for the Bears this coming season!
Posted By: Longbob Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
JT Thomas truly is a class act. I remember the story about him taking that girl to the prom that had a spinal issue and none of the other boys would invite her. The story was pretty moving and I got a kick out of how jealous all the boys were of her.

Then he TAKES this kid to the Super Bowl with him. He didn't just give him tickets. He took the time to go with him and spend a tremendous amount of quality time with the kid. That was far more valuable than the price of the tickets, IMHO.

Thanks for posting this and reminding me of my favorite pro football player. These types of stories are very inspiring.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
Made my evening reading that, that my friends is class defined!
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
Originally Posted by Longbob
JT Thomas truly is a class act. I remember the story about him taking that girl to the prom that had a spinal issue and none of the other boys would invite her. The story was pretty moving and I got a kick out of how jealous all the boys were of her.

Then he TAKES this kid to the Super Bowl with him. He didn't just give him tickets. He took the time to go with him and spend a tremendous amount of quality time with the kid. That was far more valuable than the price of the tickets, IMHO.

Thanks for posting this and reminding me of my favorite pro football player. These types of stories are very inspiring.

I thought I recognized his name.

Yeah, that man is a CLASS act.

THIS is the type of athlete that should be put out there as a role model.
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4670527/bears-thomas-making-fans-dream-come-true
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
I agree. Class act.

Athletes are not role models IMO. And should not be confused with such.........
Posted By: shreck Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
Absolutly.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I agree. Class act.

Maybe not in general, but JT Thomas appears to be a good role model. He happens to have a high profile job that garners the kids attention.

He takes it from there.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
I agree. Class act.

Maybe not in general, but JT Thomas appears to be a good role model. He happens to have a high profile job that garners the kids attention.

He takes it from there.

I think you hit the nail on the head longbob. This guy has made himself a role model by his actions. I will be following his career now.
Posted By: Mako25 Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
Good thread.

J.T. Thomas
Posted By: 44henry Re: Bears LB is a CLASS ACT! - 02/08/12
He is a class act!
I agree. Class act.

He takes it from there.

And that's what deserves respect - doing something good with what life/God gave us.
© 24hourcampfire