Home
All right guys, Bart made a good point. Let's talk fishing. Not much to update folks on from where I live. Sounds like a few salmon are hanging out. My dad (who lives about 100 miles south) picked up two kings in the 25 lb. range a couple weeks back. Another buddy of mine picked up some small ones last weekend. But I don't have to boat nor the gear to fish winter kings around here.

What's moving for fish in your areas?

One of the two my dad caught. The tape reads 39" right around 25 lbs.
[Linked Image]

two smaller ones my buddy caught. Both were right about 29"
[Linked Image]
Nice, some good looking fillets on them.
The winning fish in the Discovery Bay Salmon Derby this last weekend.

[Linked Image]

Link to Story

Port Townsend Misleader
You guys make me sick. I'm 2000 miles south of you and our water is still dry matter (frozen).
Nice... I have no fresh fish pictures. But I do have this picture to share, sort of fishing related.

[Linked Image]

Pair of yami 4 strokes

[Linked Image]

I'm going to bring it home on monday, unless I find something really long with it.

It looks like exactly what I want, my fingers are crossed.
Nice boat Dave!

Travis
nice!
Dave,

What type of fishing do you guys have that requires downriggers?
Here, our lakes have a pretty defined thermocline, starting around June, and not turning over until fall. We use downriggers to get into the therm for trout and landlocked salmon (depending on the lake, 25-75 feet, usually). For Mackinaw, like up at Tahoe, or Donner, because the waters so clear, guys will run downriggers to 150 feet.
Some guys on the bigger MN lakes run em for walleye.

That's what I would use them for anyways.

Only at around 30' for lake of the woods MN walleye fishing though, pulling plugs.

A little further east in MN there are some lake trout opportunities where a person could probably make use of downriggers too.

I'll have to report back on Tuesday on the boat.

Money in hand, fingers crossed that it is what the seller says it is.

I'd second the "nice boat." comment. The shop I go to is a Lund dealer, and I drool every time I'm in there. But I've got a good little boat, and that makes me a lucky guy. Have a blast, and good luck.
We had an 02 model just like it but with w single merc EFI 115 four stroke. we bought it new in 02. Sold in 04 when our youngest child was born.

It's been 8 years since we sold it and we really want to get back into that type of boat again.

Here's a few pics of the one we sold in 04.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Are those resident Black Mouths?
Originally Posted by northern_dave
We had an 02 model just like it but with w single merc EFI 115 four stroke. we bought it new in 02. Sold in 04 when our youngest child was born.

It's been 8 years since we sold it and we really want to get back into that type of boat again.

[Linked Image] pull out them seats and replace with coolers of barley pop...or even as good ....fill with 15gal blue fuel drums and take at trip. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by okok
Are those resident Black Mouths?

they come from a mixed bag. Some are Stikine River fish, Taku River fish, some are BC fish, some belong to the local hatcheries, and some are Columbia River fish. I know out on the ocean they get more of a mixed run, I believe most of the fish on the inside waters belong to the local rivers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice! I'm from California, though. Why's your grass and everything all white? laugh
your gonna love the kicker!
Where is bart?
Where is bart?
Where is Tom?
Bart budy, if you check this I hope all is well.
Where's Issac ?
Originally Posted by AKBoater
All right guys, Bart made a good point. Let's talk fishing. Not much to update folks on from where I live. Sounds like a few salmon are hanging out. My dad (who lives about 100 miles south) picked up two kings in the 25 lb. range a couple weeks back. Another buddy of mine picked up some small ones last weekend. But I don't have to boat nor the gear to fish winter kings around here.

What's moving for fish in your areas?

One of the two my dad caught. The tape reads 39" right around 25 lbs.
[Linked Image]

two smaller ones my buddy caught. Both were right about 29"
[Linked Image]

On most rivers they call kings like that Dinks.

Right now it is Whitefish and Pike that are getting in the traps.
[Linked Image]

Big improvement at least their no Mercuries.....
ya'll are reminding me I miss my boat:

[Linked Image]
How can anyone get along without a boat? I think I have at least 5 that float and 6 more that won't.
no fishing going on in my household yet but ill play......a landlocked salmon out of Fort Peck Reservoir just west of me taken last summer by my oldest girl

[Linked Image]

my new state record smallmouth bass taken of the same lake as the salmon......least i think it should qualify as some sort of hook and line record crazy
[Linked Image]
Tough to beat a Yami. wink
Originally Posted by W7ACT
[Linked Image]

Big improvement at least their no Mercuries.....

yabut...

In the 4 stroke world yami's and mercs are same-same.

yami uses merc design for the lower, merc uses yami powerhead design.

Originally Posted by rattler
no fishing going on in my household yet but ill play......a landlocked salmon out of Fort Peck Reservoir just west of me taken last summer by my oldest girl

[Linked Image]

my new state record smallmouth bass taken of the same lake as the salmon......least i think it should qualify as some sort of hook and line record crazy
[Linked Image]

Aww Fort Peck! I used to date a gal from Glendive and her family vacationed there every summer in a little old shack overlooking one of the bays. It was a great time!
The fishing is always good here. Now is the time to catch a 15# largemouth or a boat load of crappie.
Originally Posted by Rooster7

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Aww Fort Peck! I used to date a gal from Glendive and her family vacationed there every summer in a little old shack overlooking one of the bays. It was a great time!

my inlaws have such a shack complete with boat in the garage which is handy since i dont have one yet laugh
I bought that black lund boat yesterday.

18.5', nice pair of yami 4 strokes.

Just waiting for the ice to melt now. grin

You did good on that boat Dave. That is a dang nice setup!
still haven't checked it over thoroughly. I will put it in the shop when I get home from work today, then I might take a couple of pics to put up too.

Originally Posted by Rooster7

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

my inlaws have such a shack complete with boat in the garage which is handy since i dont have one yet laugh

This one was on the SE side if I remember right. Her Dad had a buddy that let them use it for week every summer.

*Edit* To add that I have yet to see a sunrise as pretty as the one I seen and captured photos of on Fort Peck.
sounds like Rock Creek......my inlaws' is at The Pines....
sounds like Rock Creek......my inlaws' is at The Pines....

This wasn't at a resort or anything. It was all by itself and you had to drive a windy 2 track road for what seemed like a couple of miles to get to it.
there isnt a resort.....shacks on the southeast end would be Rock Creek more than likely which is down the Dry Arm, then there are several different spots around the dam, Pines is aways west on the northside.....on the southside of the main lake is Hell Creek.....none of them are really resorts though you can rent a cabin at all but the Pines....all but the main dam area is driving down dirt and gravel roads....
still haven't checked it over thoroughly. I will put it in the shop when I get home from work today, then I might take a couple of pics to put up too.

Fill it with water and see if any runs out the bottom.

grin
Ok that makes sense. I do recall going to a marina or something for ice and gas one day with her brother.
sounds like you were prolly at Rock Creek.....nice spot, fished a walleye tournament out of there a few years ago and rented one of the cabins.....do most of our fishing out of the main dam area or the Pines though from the Pines we often run across and west to over by Hell Creek....
Bart budy, if you check this I hope all is well.

I'm just gett'n off of work and sitting in my hotel room.
I think everyone should have to work in a border town for at least a month.
Another month or so and things should be warm enough to get her out again!

[Linked Image]

Nice!
© 24hourcampfire