Home
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12

At one time, this was a prequel to Alien. I think they changed the script since then, but still might be interesting.... eek

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1byZkbNB3Jw[/video]
Posted By: eh76 Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
Looks like a good movie.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
I saw the original when it came out in our local theater. It was scary and Sigourney Weaver was hot. It was weird because about all the known, albeit journeymen actors, got killed pretty early, starting with Tom Skerrit, who was probably the best known.
Posted By: amax155 Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
It is still a Prequel. Watch the original Alien and you will see the same alien ship and the fossilized pilot in the Trailer.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
I saw Alien when I was 9. Still is to me the standard to which all other Sci-Fi horror flicks are judged.

I see it is directed by the same guy who did Blade Runner, which is also one of my top 20 all time favorite movies.

I don't really do the movies in the theater, but that looks like a good one.

Posted By: Claybirds Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
This looks awesome, the original Aliens was a great sci-fi flick.
Posted By: amax155 Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
I was 11 years old when Alien first came out. The previews scared me to death. I never saw the movie till I was about 15 and I still watch it about once a year. Right now this is about the only movie I am looking forward to this summer. It looks to be a must see on the big screen.
I've only been hearing it's a prequel. I've been looking forward to seeing it for months.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I saw the original when it came out in our local theater. It was scary and Sigourney Weaver was hot. It was weird because about all the known, albeit journeymen actors, got killed pretty early, starting with Tom Skerrit, who was probably the best known.
I saw Alien with my sister and brother in law, who was at that time her boyfriend, I think. The scariest movie I had ever seen till that point, by far.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
I saw the original with my best Partner-in-Crime. Great flick!! Of course me being the Evil Bastard I am, I just HAD to do something. I bought a can(little garbage can) of "Slime". This one had its own worms sticking out of it. I waited for an opportune looking moment and poured it over the shoulder of the chick in the seat in front of my buddy[Linked Image] The reaction nearly caused the entire theater to go on panic mode[Linked Image] grin
Posted By: k3yston3 Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
That looks like it might be a pretty good movie. Ridley Scott usually does pretty solid work.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I saw the original with my best Partner-in-Crime. Great flick!! Of course me being the Evil Bastard I am, I just HAD to do something. I bought a can(little garbage can) of "Slime". This one had its own worms sticking out of it. I waited for an opportune looking moment and poured it over the shoulder of the chick in the seat in front of my buddy[Linked Image] The reaction nearly caused the entire theater to go on panic mode[Linked Image] grin

You evil bastid. I like it.

wink

Posted By: 340boy Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
I will be seeing that one(in the theatre).
cool
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
I'll be seeing this one alone, the wife doesn't care for scary flicks, unless the guys in them have abs like King Leonitis in 300!!

Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I'll be seeing this one alone, the wife doesn't care for scary flicks, unless the guys in them have abs like King Leonitis in 300!!

Leonitis's abs were largely painted on, as were most of the characters.
Posted By: 340boy Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
This one will be a "boy's night out" movie for certain.
laugh
Posted By: Willto Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
Always been a fan of Ridley Scott as a director. Alien, Bladerunner, Blackhawk Down, and Gladiator are all some of my favorite movies. This looks good fom the trailers. I'm there opening day.
Yes Hawk, we know this already. You completely miss my point.
Yes Hawk, we know this already. You completely miss my point.
Oh, you mean your wife likes the painted on abs. grin
Posted By: atvalaska Re: movie Prometheus... - 04/30/12
myself...i'm still waiting for the 2nd....."the thing (1982)"...thaw out the 2 guys..and see what happens!
You mean the 3rd "Thing". The first one was made in the 50's and this newest one is actually a prequel to the Thing that was made in the 80's starring Kurt Russel. The new one has some good special effects but the 2nd "Thing" was the best of them all imo.
The new one has some good special effects but the 2nd "Thing" was the best of them all imo.
Agreed. One on a very short list of the most scary movies I've ever seen.
I sill get goosebumps whenever I watch Jaws. I'm surprised they haven't tried to remake that movie, hard to duplicate a classic like that one though.
I sill get goosebumps whenever I watch Jaws. I'm surprised they haven't tried to remake that movie, hard to duplicate a classic like that one though.
That's on the list. Another one on my list is Predator. It was only scary the first time, though. The scary factor dropped of radically after that, unlike Jaws or Alien, for example.
© 24hourcampfire