Home
Posted By: Plinker "Wheel Of Death" mouse trap - 05/03/12
Saw this on a guitar forum. I know you guys will appreciate it.

[Linked Image]
Guys use a similar setup at their deer-hunting cabins.. works like a charm.. I think they use anti-freeze instead of water, for obvious reasons.. smile
"Build a bettr mouse trap....."

Pretty cool concept
Originally Posted by Redneck
Guys use a similar setup at their deer-hunting cabins.. works like a charm.. I think they use anti-freeze instead of water, for obvious reasons.. smile

To keep the mice from freezing....? grin

Any of you guys with barns put a five gallon can inside a haystack and then come back later to pull out a bucket-o-mice?
Yep. If you leave the water out the mice will stack up pretty high. Then you can put a lid on the bucket, take it to the house of the neighborhood a$$hole and dump it under his house. At least that is what I have been told. I would NEVER do anything that bad. whistle
Posted By: JOG Re: "Wheel Of Death" mouse trap - 05/03/12
My Grandpa used to set out a 50/50 mix of flour and cement - fatal constipation.
I built one just like that except I used a steel rod instead of wire and a plastic bottle. I put about 3" of lime in the bottem instead of water. The lime drys out the mice and they don't stink up my deer lease trailer. The mice that fall into the bucket turn into petrified mice pretty quick. Everybody else uses poison and they're always trying to find the dead mice in their trailers.
Yeah, the one I saw was made out of plastic pepsi bottle rather than a tuna can, but the result was the same. Dead mice. Cool idea!
You guys have wimpy mice. A fellow I know put one of those water traps in his cabin up by the Payette forest and came back two weeks later to find a diving board on the edge of the bucket and little tiny cabanas and lounge chairs all around it.
laugh
I've tried a similar set up by just cutting the top off of a two liter coke bottle and filling with 4 inches of water.

after a few days, they start using their dead buddies as rafts

laugh
Originally Posted by victoro
I built one just like that except I used a steel rod instead of wire and a plastic bottle. I put about 3" of lime in the bottem instead of water. The lime drys out the mice and they don't stink up my deer lease trailer. The mice that fall into the bucket turn into petrified mice pretty quick. Everybody else uses poison and they're always trying to find the dead mice in their trailers.

yep, thats the major problem with poison.....unreal how much a mouse weighting a couple of ounces can smell when rotting....
Originally Posted by fyshbum

Not the mice - the liquid under it.. Otherwise, in our northern WI temps, any water would freeze and they'd escape.. With anti-freeze, they're toast.. smile

Not the mice - the liquid under it.. Otherwise, in our northern WI temps, any water would freeze and they'd escape.. With anti-freeze, they're toast.. smile
BTDT. Anti-freeze too.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Then you can put a lid on the bucket, take it to the house of the neighborhood a$$hole and dump it under his house. At least that is what I have been told. I would NEVER do anything that bad. whistle

And he would never trap the very same mice and bring them right back to your house. grin

If you have pets around, us RV antifreeze, not automotive.
I've used paper towel tubes on a dowel.

Pretty much anything that they can't hang on to especially rotating 'machinery' will work.
Posted By: norm99 Re: "Wheel Of Death" mouse trap - 05/03/12
goood stuff works on chipmunks as well,,,,ALVINNNN

norm
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Scott F
Then you can put a lid on the bucket, take it to the house of the neighborhood a$$hole and dump it under his house. At least that is what I have been told. I would NEVER do anything that bad. whistle

And he would never trap the very same mice and bring them right back to your house. grin

Wait a minute! I thought some of those mice looked familiar. eek

That dirty rat! He is getting two buckets full this week!!!! mad

wink
Oh, yah, the little SOB's stink. Took me two months to find one, under the office couch cushion.
I'm gonna try that lime.
© 24hourcampfire