Home
I am very depressed today, bot even the trade for Steelheads' Huskie has given me a smile! many of you have read here that my Mom has been diagnosed with Cancer. She is 76. It is Stage 4, in the lungs, and in the blood too. I left a few minutes before 5 yesterday, and all of us (iI-laws, Wifey & Step-son) met for a belated Mothers Day dinner. Overall, Mom is doing very well, but you can tell that she is more 'frail'. She totters more when she walks, and her voice sounds a bit more hoarse. She tires out alot faster than she ever did before. she goes to the doc on Monday to see where she stands, cancer wise, and to see if she could take chemo, if the option is there. Between y'all & Me? I hope she chooses to simply be made comfortable, and get Hospice over to the house for the initial visits, but that is not what has me in a very somber mood today.

She had us come by, and handed us some items that she wants us to have before she is too weak to give them out. She handed K some jewelry. They were wedding/engagement rings from my Aunt, who passed away last year (she had no children). She handed me a little cedar box, and I opened it to find some old coins from when I was a boy. One was a tube of 1964 kennedy half-dollars. my uncle bought them for me on my fist B-Day. We went home and cried our eyes out.

This was a very somber mothers day, knowing that it would likely be the last, and I am in no good mood, I will tell you. Mom is saved and Jesus lives in her heart, I know it thru & thru. The pain of letting go is really for the living and I do take solace in that, I don't want her to suffer here. But it is a painful solace indeed.
Your Mom is very keen in perception. VERY classy Lady. I'm sorry it has come to this point, but take your direction from your Mom. She seems to be at Peace with herself. Classy Lady indeed!
I will say a prayer for your mother and your family.
Man, that is TOUGHT to take. Prayers sent, even though you did not ask.
My prayers for you, your Mom, and your family,

Enjoy every minute you can, for they are more precious than any other gifts.

Ed
"Even so, Lord Jesus COME!"
I will offer you prayers of strength and comfort Sir and peace & comfort for your Mom.
Prayers from WV
I understand the inner battle between knowing that all will be well with your mom and wishing that things didn't have to be the way that they are. As you are aware, there are things beyond our control, but at the same time the helplessness is painful. Talk with those close to you, find things to do to stay busy, and take the time to notice the beauty around you. Those things all help. Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Your mom sounds like an amazing woman! Prayers sent
Sorry to hear of this.
No words, just prayers of strength for all of you.
Prayer from Me and the Wife.
It is all very sad. You blessed to have a Mother that you love so much. Hang in there. Ken
With Jesus in her heart, there is nothing to worry about. My grandmother died of lung cancer about 4 years ago. She never was a godly woman until the last time Dad talked to her while she was layin on her death bed, and she told Dad that she had accepted the Lord as her savior. Just knowing that we will see her again one day made things SOOOOO much easier when the time came. Hug your Momma for me. Ill be prayin.
Hug your Momma for me. Ill be prayin.

Same for me too, and spend as much time as you can with her, you will not regret it. miles
I can relate a bit to this one. Watched ALS take my mother after she beat cancer twice. So, I understand a bit about what you are facing. The best I can say of do for you and your family it pray and that is what I have done.
The strongest among us can still feel weak, at best, under circumstances like yours. Even when we know well the blessed assurance held by those close to us, the more we have loved them here, the harder it can be to simply let go. When our precious relationships are about to end, it can be difficult to remember how much more precious they will be when we join them again. You have my prayers for peace and strength of spirit in each passing day.
Sorry to hear the news Hang in and give her the support she needs.
Sorry, to hear this, We never know what is going to happand, out of the blue, 11 days ago I got a blood clot, 53, good health, a bit over weight, spent 6 days in the Hospital, looks like it maybe caused by something Iv had all my life, doing good now, hope to make a full recovery! but going to take time, unsure about a Job, $$$, or how things are going to go., just have to live, a day at a time, enjoy the time you have left with your mom, Im meeting mine for Breakfest in the moring. something a week ago I didnt think Id ever get to do again! take care Brother!
Hello Saddlering
3 years ago I was working in Afghanistan and out of now where I got some clots in my leg as well. It cost me a good job and had me laid up for a while. Just out of now where and I was 55.

iambrb:
my thoughts and prayers go with you, your family and your mother.
kwg
First off thoughts and prayers with you and your family. I am currently undergoing chemotherapy treatments, which has recently had many complications and landed me in and out of hospital and I have found the best "treatment" is a positive and upbeat attitude no matter how bad things get. Also some days are much easier then others. Just pray for and support your mother whatever decision she makes regarding treatment and ask the Lord for strength for her and you. Best to you and your family,

Mark
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Remember the good times and give thanks that she is able to spend the time with you. May the good Lord watch over all.
Frank
Your mom is a wise woman. The one good thing you can do for her right now is get Hospice to her house ASAP!!! You won't beleive the good they will do for her and your entire family. Don't wait!! Prayers for a peaceful passing are on the way. God Bless you all.

Bob

Prayers for you and your family.

May the good Lord give you grace in this time of need.
It seems that your mother has received the gifts of grace and peace in meeting the inevitable. The tender gifts she gave all should keep her near.
My sympathies to all who have mentioned their losses. I lost my father to cancer this past December, he was 76.
Prayers sent for all -y'all.
Mark
Prayers sent to you and yours. I'm going through the same with my Dad right now.

Bill
You and your mother have my prayers...
iambrb,
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. I just buried my Mom less than two weeks ago and the folks from hospice are like angels you can see. They took care of Mom for the last two months and there aren't enough words to express how helpful and loving they are. If that's the path she chooses you will all be in good hands.
Godbless
hardest days of my life
14 months and the loss of
both parents.
you have every right to be depressed.
may your mom be pain free
and hope you get to feeling better soon
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Your Mom is very keen in perception. VERY classy Lady. I'm sorry it has come to this point, but take your direction from your Mom. She seems to be at Peace with herself. Classy Lady indeed!
Et said it all. May peace be with you all.
You'll see her again in Heaven. Sorry for your troubles.
no one is ever ready to give up their momma, as we southern boys call them....may our Lord comfort you, your mom, and your family in the days ahead....
I don't look forward to the phone call like that. My parents are both saved so that helps. I'm sure she knows the verse. " no eye has seen , no ear has hears, bi mind has imagined what God has in store for those that love him. These are the times that a life living for Jesus Christ brings victory . She ran the race for the prize, to the end.
© 24hourcampfire