Home
Posted By: jnyork The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Little things that people do that aggravate you. I'll start:

People who start sentences with "I got news for you.. "

People who constantly whistle, even when you are having a converstion with them.

People who, when you ask a question on a forum like this one, reply with "did you do a forum search first?" or "Google is your friend".

Tailgaters.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who think they are the [bleep] all the time, but they are 6 months behind on news, 5 years behind on 'email jokes'.

Those that think they've accomplished something by gunning a large set of antlers under a corn feeder inside a high fence.
Posted By: bea175 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who vote and take up for a Democrat
Posted By: Redneck Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
1 - MN drivers who never use turn signals..

2 - MN drivers who hog the LH lanes..

3 - MN drivers that tailgate about a foot behind..

4 - Well, just MN drivers in general.. laugh laugh

Ok, more - 5 - people who step off an escalator and then STOP right there to look around.. Others can't STOP!! HELLO!!!! (morons)

6 - [bleep] little .22 rifles that aren't worth a hill of ants from the get-go and then I'm expected to make 'em work like a fine Swiss watch.. yeah, right...

7 - Liberal thinking..

Just the tip 'o the iceberg...
Posted By: Field_Hand Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
people that drive slow in the left lane and then speed up to cut you off when you go to pass them.
people that are late for meetings.
Posted By: mathman Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Douchebags who don't briskly get up to highway speed in the merge lane for joining highway traffic.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
New houses with garages that aren't big enough for a pickup.

I fixt that problem with the new house grin
Posted By: eyeball Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who swing a little to the left before turning right, and vice versa. They can't figure out they are turning twice to make one turn.

People who turn right on to a merge lane and then stop to look for any traffic coming.

People who stand outside the building door and take a long drag in a cig., thump the butt, and step into the building and exhale.

People who buy steak on food stamps and pay cash for the beer. (Sorry dimocraps)

Dimocraps
Posted By: levrluvr Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
fart cans on Japanese cars

loud sub woofers in Japanese cars with fart cans

left lane drivers, no matter where they are

wearing caps backwards, pierced faces, saggy pants

barking dogs

texting while driving, smartphone loud talkers

neighbors
Posted By: Raeford Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
HCPS
or
people that think having a 'high' post count on a forum makes their chit not stink.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who haven't read "The Bell Curve" and understand it.

Heh.
Posted By: MColeman Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Somebody who has voice mail that tell you they can't/won't answer and to leave a message at the beep THEN a generic message comes on and tells you to leave a message after the beep or to press '1' for more options and THEN you get another beep. I hang up when the second message begins to explain what the first message said.

Don't think for a minute that I only have one peeve......there's lot's more where that one came from. smile
Posted By: orion03 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who smack their lips while chewing gum.
behemouths at buffets , that wheeze and struggle for breath as they are going for their 8th plate full.
Posted By: temmi Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
I tell you one thing that really drives me nuts, is people who think that Jethro Tull is just a person in a band.

Yes I saw Armageddon again last night
Originally Posted by Field_Hand
behemouths at buffets , that wheeze and struggle for breath as they are going for their 8th plate full.

It's amazing how fast those shambling wheezers can move when a fresh batch of fried shrimp comes out.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Tattoo's and piercing's, especially on what would have been an attractive woman.

Posted By: gunner500 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Democrats
Liberals
Queers
Dopers
Lazy toothless no workin' [bleep]
Slow drivers
People [bleep] with cell phones behind the wheel, [HEY [bleep], HANG UP AND DRIVE]

Gunner
People that start threads on hunting forums wanting to know what caliber or bullet to use on such and such animal!
Posted By: Raeford Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Originally Posted by gunner500
Democrats
Liberals
Queers
Dopers
Slow drivers
People [bleep] with cell phones behind the wheel, [HEY [bleep], HANG UP AND DRIVE]

Gunner

Forgot about the driving eradic[usually slow] while on the phone.
I thought liberals was a given. grin
Posted By: Lonny Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who flick cigarette butts out the vehicle window make me think a murder charge might be worth the cost of making a point.

it's the driest time of the year right now and I see people flick butts out the window while driving past dry grass, ready to harvest wheat fields, etc...

While fueling up the other day, a fat gal drives through the fuel bays and throws a smoking butt out the window and it bounces across the concrete and comes to rest at the base of a gas pump. Fricken' amazing...
Posted By: pahick Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
television hosts with British accents.
Posted By: 257wby Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who think they have to get on the elevator before everyone else gets off.
brothas who wear they blootoofs at the bowling alley
injury lawyer
commercials
chili snobs
Posted By: Redneck Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Originally Posted by mathman
Douchebags who don't briskly get up to highway speed in the merge lane for joining highway traffic.
Good one - and I can add THAT to the MN driver catagory.. Even those in MN bark about those who have NO CLUE how to merge onto a freeway...

It's really kinda funny....
Posted By: Ready Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Using "Caliber" when talking "Cartridge".

People who behaving rudely on the net.

"Geeeeeez, you guuuuuuys, I mean, what?"

"He was, like, this tall."

"Comancheria"

Originally Posted by slumlord
injury lawyer
commercials
yeah we got a couple in ktown. there tag line is "let us turn your wreck into a check" mad
Posted By: darrenk75b Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who say "nuther" as in, "a whole nuther..." Not a real word. It should be, "a whole other..."
prolly
Posted By: Heeler Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Guys that say GFY all the time. grin laugh eek

I'm sure I'll get a GFY for that. grin Probably just better off giving myself a GFM right now and get it over with.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Originally Posted by MColeman
Don't think for a minute that I only have one peeve......there's lot's more where that one came from. smile

Oh do tell! grin
Posted By: atvalaska Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
folks who think a "spatula" and a pan cake "turner" are the same thing....bs!!!! if folks were blind like me, they would find it hard to get mayo out of the jar with a turner. i asked for the spatula not a turner!!!^%$#&%$%$ it
Posted By: pahick Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Originally Posted by atvalaska
folks who think a "spatula" ....

A spatula? OH!! You mean an ice scraper??? Ya I got one of them.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Originally Posted by Lonny
People who flick cigarette butts out the vehicle window make me think a murder charge might be worth the cost of making a point.

it's the driest time of the year right now and I see people flick butts out the window while driving past dry grass, ready to harvest wheat fields, etc...

While fueling up the other day, a fat gal drives through the fuel bays and throws a smoking butt out the window and it bounces across the concrete and comes to rest at the base of a gas pump. Fricken' amazing...

X a million, My #1, with normal litterbugs just a c-hair behind.

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad
Posted By: RDW Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Democrats
Liberals
Queers
Dopers
Slow drivers

Gunner

Damn Gunner, I have nothing to add!
Posted By: bruinruin Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
A picture is worth a thousand words-
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who are intoleranate of other cultures and the Dutch!
Posted By: eyeball Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Originally Posted by broncoformudv
People that start threads on hunting forums wanting to know what caliber or bullet to use on such and such animal!
People who don't like to get in it over the best bullet for the best caliber (.270) for whatever.
Originally Posted by bruinruin
[Linked Image]

Sorry man, I prefer roll in hand. grin
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who respond to any statement you make with---That's nothing-- I ----
Posted By: P_Weed Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
People who use their turning signal while I'm following them ...

And they drive off a cliff.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Originally Posted by RDW
Democrats
Liberals
Queers
Dopers
Slow drivers

Gunner

Damn Gunner, I have nothing to add!

laugh

Gunner
Posted By: Kenneth Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
Traces of Jelly in the Peanut Butter Jar...

Posted By: Longbob Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/08/12
[Linked Image]

I hate an empty soap bottle, also.
Gun-related? Alright.

>complaining about modern AR's reliability
>complaining about AK's accuracy
>thinking revolvers are better for defense
>thinking .357/10mm/.45/.40/9mm's lethality are noticeably different from each other
>putting scopes on rifles that will literally never be used past 100 meters (forgivable if you have bad eyes, but still would advocate red dot/holo)
>people who carry their primary CCW in a crossdraw, shoulder, or ankle holster
>OCing when you have a CCP
>saying a shotgun is better than a carbine/subcarbine with frangible ammo for HD
>saying a shotgun is better than a carbine for anything but door breaching and hunting
>using a handgun as your primary HD gun when you have a long arm available
>proprietary calibers for defensive/survival use
>Mini-14 (unless you got a good deal/etc.)
>bashing Glock for defense/survival usage
>rifles without BUIS, excepting extreme LR rigs
>complaining about .223's lethality outside of hunting
>people who don't support the deregulation of NFA items in the gun community
>fudds in general
>people who advocate the SKS over the AK because of anything but cost
>people who complain about the Mosin's mechanical accuracy
>people who bash on thumb over bore
>people who hold VFGs with a chicken choker grip
>people who don't put collapsible stocks as short as they can while still being comfortable, which is all the way closed for all but the lumberjacks
>people who think 2 point slings are superior to single point for defensive use (to be fair, I advocate the MS3)
>people who ask why you need that gun/number of mags/amount of ammo
>the NRA, for their import restrictions, which have created an overpriced American gun industry of boring mediocrity, that cheaper foreign guns would stimulate into actual competition
>Cerberus

Lots of things.
Posted By: KCBighorn Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
People who do not understand the most basic rule of right of way at 4 way stops...

It's simple, you stop first you go first. Whats so freaking hard about that?

But every time I pull up to a 4 way there's some old Lady waving everyone on because she's scared to death to pull her land barge into the intersection.
Posted By: Batchief909 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
Miscellaneous foreign objects in the butter dish.
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
We're getting ripped off again! Didn't notice this until today but they done shrunk the JOE again.

Last we bought says..270 cups or 34.5 oz for $7.88

New one says..240 cups or 30.6 oz for $7.88.. but of course the friggen "NEW FLAVOR LOCK PACK" justifies the reduced product! whistle Whatever happened to the Consumer Protection Agency? Oh never mind forgot it's Goobermint!! smirk

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EWR Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
I hate it when you are in a big line at the fast food place and the 2 old people in front of you are jabbering away about their new support stockings, the new med's they are taking, the grand kid's ect,ect,ect
THEN after 10 minutes of doing this while standing in line they finally get up to the counter and only then do they look at each other and say "well, what do you want to eat?"
FFS! You just had 10 minutes to be looking at the menu and deciding, don't wait till you get to the counter!! wtf?
Posted By: okok Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
1. "Let's touch bases"
2. "It is what it is"
3. "My bad"
4. People that smack their gum.
5. Tail gaters
Posted By: Deer Turd Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
People that always end their sentence with "I'm just saying".

I'm just saying.
Posted By: Deer Turd Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
Piss for a foot or so in front of the urinal.

FFS take a step up Tom Thumb, you're not that f'in big.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
People who complain about people who don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

Give 'em a break!
Posted By: slumlord Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
oh yeah- this one really grinds my gears

OLD M'Fkrs that are brought to their knees in mental anguish over the complexities of the self serve soda drink stations now in fast food joints

and that new Coca Cola Freestyle machine at Burger King(the one with 100s of combinations) Jesus H that is kryptonite to em

get the phugg outta my way, I'm thirsty-
Posted By: wageslave Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
I hate when you've spent over $50 on drinks to get her drunk enough and she says "not tonight, my husbands gonna be home".
WAY more than 20 items in the 20 item check-out lane and they act like they don't see the sign and can't count.
Posted By: Sagebrusher Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
Originally Posted by 257wby
People who think they have to get on the elevator before everyone else gets off.

Ditto. I used to work in a hospital that employed 8,000 people and had over 50 elevators. My job involved a lot of walking in the building. Also annoying are the LEFT WALKERS. Always popping around corners on the wrong side and expecting people to get out of the way, even if they are pushing a cart or a patient!
I suppose in Britain, right-walkers would be annoying smile
Posted By: Field_Hand Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
i worked at a large bank and i loved getting on the elevator when everyone is cramming to get in and then cranking off an SBD as i was getting off on my floor. laugh
I have several but the current one is on top of my list. I am standing at the check out, cash in hand to pay for my purchase. The clerk is doing his/her thing with the cash register and the fricking phone rings. Clerk stops and answers the phone.
Why in hell is a phone call more important than a transaction in progress?
Really hacks me off.
Posted By: horse1 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
Folks who won't use their cruise on a bone dry summer day and instead play peek-a-boo in your blind spot for dozens of miles on end.

Regarding tailgaters, you guys realize that the rumble strips on the road edges hold rocks right? Driving over those rumble strips @ highway speed will throw a fair number of rocks up behind you. A couple dozen rocks bounced into the car behind you will almost always entice them to back off. The AM after a rain when the road is dry and the rumble strips aren't is just as effective, more-so in fact because usually after the 2nd or 3rd time they realize you're doing it on purpose and just back off permanently.
Posted By: ingwe Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
Folks that can't make up their minds, and quickly, about anything. Stop lights,fast food selection, questions they are going to ask...etc.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Folks that can't make up their minds, and quickly, about anything. Stop lights,fast food selection, questions they are going to ask...etc.

This. My ladyfriend, bless her heart, doddles like no other, and I hate wasting time.
Posted By: eh76 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
People who spit their chewing gum out on the sidewalk or parking lot.
Posted By: justin10mm Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
Cashiers that over charge you at the register.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
People who think that they are doing some great and noble thing when they root around for the exact change for their purchase when it would be so much faster to just swipe a card or even write a check.
Posted By: colodog Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/09/12
People that turn on their turn signal after they are half way in the next lane.
"Hey dimbulb, it's tooo late you to warn me, you're already here."
Posted By: bucktales Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Stick people "families" plastered across back windows.
Posted By: brinky72 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
People who have handicapped plates/tags/stickers because they're too [bleep] fat. And, to go with that handicap parking at do-it-yourself, hardware stores. If you can't do-it-yourself across the parking lot you can get your light bulbs somewhere else. These stores are for able bodied people who work on chit. If your able bodied enough to work on things you aint handicapped so park with everyone else. There, I feel better now.
Posted By: brinky72 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by horse1
Folks who won't use their cruise on a bone dry summer day and instead play peek-a-boo in your blind spot for dozens of miles on end.

Regarding tailgaters, you guys realize that the rumble strips on the road edges hold rocks right? Driving over those rumble strips @ highway speed will throw a fair number of rocks up behind you. A couple dozen rocks bounced into the car behind you will almost always entice them to back off. The AM after a rain when the road is dry and the rumble strips aren't is just as effective, more-so in fact because usually after the 2nd or 3rd time they realize you're doing it on purpose and just back off permanently.

Yup, well aware of that one. I'm usually courteous enough to give them a warning shot from the windshield wipers first though. Then comes the sideline rock show.
Posted By: JPro Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by bucktales

I hate those too. LOL....

I also hate people who won't get up to the speed limit because they are going to be turning off somewhere in the next mile or two. I don't care if your house is only a few minutes down this road, 55 would be way better than 45, you inconsiderate turd...
Posted By: okok Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12

Thanks for the tip! :>)
Posted By: FreeMe Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Illiterate people writing stuff on internet forums and expecting others to make sense of it.

Foul-mouthed people posting on internet forums and expecting others to respect their opinions and view them as intelligent.
Posted By: smithwr Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
This old batch down at the store that you set your items down she holds out her hand until you hand her each item. Im like look bitc$ you get paid to scan chit, reach your lazy ass another 5" and do your [bleep] job.

Her and

The lotto decider, you know the one. Has to study every single scratch off and the odds of winning and after they finally decide they pull out the always clever line to the clerk "is it a winner?" go home and fire up that pall mall and bust out the steel reserve and see if its a winner jackass, some folks got jobs to go to.
Posted By: Anaconda Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
People who walk out in front of a moving car. Usually in a parking lot, or residential street.
Some of them just walk down the middle of the lane, holding up traffic, lots of them just step out in front of a moving car. They always look the other way. I desperately want to run them over, but I know, and they know that they will sue me.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Ha!

I seen one here near FtCampbell

a stick family- with another stick family in a plane dropping bombs on them

lmfao
Originally Posted by smithwr
This old batch down at the store that you set your items down she holds out her hand until you hand her each item. Im like look bitc$ you get paid to scan chit, reach your lazy ass another 5" and do your [bleep] job.

Her and

The lotto decider, you know the one. Has to study every single scratch off and the odds of winning and after they finally decide they pull out the always clever line to the clerk "is it a winner?" go home and fire up that pall mall and bust out the steel reserve and see if its a winner jackass, some folks got jobs to go to.

???? huh?
Posted By: smithwr Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by smithwr

Her and

???? huh?

lazy cashiers and lottery players taking too much time

guess i elaborated too much
Posted By: 1OntarioJim Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Fiction writers who say there is "a smell of cordite in the air" after a pistol is fired in their story. At that point I can't believe any of the story structure since the author is obviously clueless.

Jim
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Jacked-up pickups with loud mucking fufflers - I am so extremely impressed.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by 5sdad
It's got to have the full back winder Bone Collector sticker too and dip spit down momma's side of the truck.

laugh
Posted By: Jtown Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
It's got to have the full back winder Bone Collector sticker too and dip spit down momma's side of the truck.

laugh

Don't forget about all these modern day badasses with their TAPOUT stickers.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by eh76
People who spit their chewing gum out on the sidewalk or parking lot.

Or even worse the classless lowlifes that hawk up a fat lunger and spit it right where people walk or where people are eating.

sick
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by Jtown

laugh

I saw a fat pale white boy in his MMA shirt wheezin by me in the C-store yesterday laugh, think he was heading towards the honey-bun cupcake section grin

Gunner
Posted By: WyoCowboy Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12

laugh

I don't understand half the stickers on peoples windows, and why would someone pay to advertise for rock star energy drink, I like their product but I'll be damned if I pay to advertise for them, if they want a sticker on my truck they better pay me, and I'll start selling advertising space on my truck like a nascar
Posted By: eyeball Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by colodog
People that turn on their turn signal after they are half way in the next lane.
"Hey dimbulb, it's tooo late you to warn me, you're already here."
They slow down in the fast lane then turn to stop in the turn lane and hit the blinker. Retards.
Posted By: WyoCowboy Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Ha!

I seen one here near FtCampbell

a stick family- with another stick family in a plane dropping bombs on them

lmfao

I hate those stick people families, the only stickers/decals i have are my brand and a molon labe, I even pealed off the Chevrolet badages on my doors, not on purpose but it happened and I won't replace them
Posted By: eh76 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
asssholes who drive fast through our neighborhood....we have lots of little kids here.

laugh

I saw a fat pale white boy in his MMA shirt wheezin by me in the C-store yesterday laugh, think he was heading towards the honey-bun cupcake section grin

Gunner

Thats the way it is around here, either a big ole fatass boy or some 110# sumbitch that all he is going to beat is his meat.
I tried to hold it in when he burst around the aisle headin my way, but I lost it and LOL'd, he was wearing the fingerless gloves too, it was a hunnert [bleep] degrees outside laugh

Gunner
Posted By: amax155 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
People whose only life experience is playing Modern Warfare 3, telling me about guns and cartridges.
I tried to hold it in when he burst around the aisle headin my way, but I lost it and LOL'd, he was wearing the fingerless gloves too, it was a hunnert [bleep] degrees outside laugh

Gunner

You should have took his damn honey bun just to see how bad he was, my guess is he would have pissed himself right there and cried for his mommy.
Posted By: Mossy Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
People that let their dog shiat on my lawn.

People that think its cool to cuss like a sailor in front of my wife and kids.

People that finish a sentence with "right" As in "I know,right?"
Posted By: Winnie Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
People wearing muscle shirts to show off their fat arms.

People who talk about crap NO ONE could give two chits about.

People who eat with their mouths open.

Fat people wearing a shirt that is a size to small.

I could go on and on, but I won't.

Oh one more! (I lied...)

"I eat healthy snacks, I do not understand why I am still a fat ass." There is no "healthy" snack, eat three big meals a day. Lay off the snacks! Snacks are empty calories that makes you a fat body!

Gunner

You should have took his damn honey bun just to see how bad he was, my guess is he would have pissed himself right there and cried for his mommy.

LMAO, I'm really a nice guy and not mean spirited, but he would have cried grin LOL

Gunner

Gunner

LMAO, I'm really a nice guy and not mean spirited, but he would have cried grin LOL

Gunner

meaner whistle
laugh gimme me some dang bacon cry

Gunner
Posted By: jnyork Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
oh yeah- this one really grinds my gears

OLD M'Fkrs that are brought to their knees in mental anguish over the complexities of the self serve soda drink stations now in fast food joints

get the phugg outta my way, I'm thirsty-

Grinds my gears, dang fast food joints put in a different kind of soda machine every time you turn around, takes a couple seconds to figger 'em out.

Besides, I'm retired, I've got all day.

Also grinds my gears, young whippersnappers that are always in a hurry and have no respect for their elders.

I'm just saying.

wink
Posted By: stripe55 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Fat chicks wearing"belly"shirts. Harley trash that hugs the centerline,footpegs hanging over, coming my way.
politicians...especially the poser in chief
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
To be honest -

Other peoples over bearing, my way or the highway pet peeves especially piss me off.

The first real step in stupidity is concluding you can't be wrong.

That being said the only time I can tell someone is probably wrong is when they are an extemeist on any single point.

laugh

Gunner

TFF :>)
Or the douche with little arms that has the barbwire tatt on his skinny bicep. grin
asssholes who drive fast through our neighborhood....we have lots of little kids here.

Les throws bowling balls at them.
Posted By: Field_Hand Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
i may have posted before but i saw some moron at a stop light. he's in a minivan ,got the tapout sticker on the back glass, about 40's and wearing a backwards ball cap. the worst is that he's blaring out some kinda Crap music and throwing up hand signs . I about pissed myself laughing so hard. he trys to look all hard at me. I just yelled out YO at him.
It was priceless.
Or the douche with little arms that has the barbwire tatt on his skinny bicep. grin
that would be catman.
Posted By: horse1 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12

Thanks for the tip! :>)

In northern or mountain climates, you can move over to the edge of the road in the winter and "white" them out. They WILL back off.
Self checkout and people who haven't read George Orwell 1984.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Fiction writers who say there is "a smell of cordite in the air" after a pistol is fired in their story. At that point I can't believe any of the story structure since the author is obviously clueless.

Jim

I completely agree.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12

Couple years ago I confronted a young guy who was zooming up and down our road in his V-8 Dakota complete with loud exhaust. I had a polite chat with him about kids and pets and driving sanely through the area. He turned out to be an OK guy and I never saw or heard him romping on the throttle through our area again.
Posted By: horse1 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12

Couple years ago I confronted a young guy who was zooming up and down our road in his V-8 Dakota complete with loud exhaust. I had a polite chat with him about kids and pets and driving sanely through the area. He turned out to be an OK guy and I never saw or heard him romping on the throttle through our area again.

My street is 1 block long and "T's" @ both ends.

Harley riding neighbor thought it was his own personal drag strip. 2nd neighbor and I confronted him "mid-drag run" early one evening and it nearly came to blows. He didn't do it anymore but would open his garage door @ midnightish and rev his very loud cycle from inside. Let's say I wasn't sad the evening some folks followed him home from the bar and used a baseball bat on him.

I had a polite conversation with the neighbor with the crotch rocket who wasn't doing the drag race thing but was over 40MPH several times. Things went very well. I complemented him on his nice bike and mentioned that it looked like it was lots of fun, he agreed and grinned. I then politely pointed out that we have 8 houses with young kids and 2 more with frequent grandchildren visiting and asked could he please wait until he got out of the residential area before leaning on the throttle, it's only about 2 blocks to a street with limited/controlled access, 4 lanes, and no houses. He apologized profusely and it never ever happened again.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
For the stick figure family fans.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Clueless folks that are oblivious to everyone around them. Covers most of the peeves posted.
Posted By: Heeler Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

[Linked Image]

That is awesome!
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

[Linked Image]
LOVE IT.
Posted By: jnyork Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/10/12
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
Self checkout

Truth!! eek
Posted By: brinky72 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/11/12
I had a few of those hot rod idiots in my neighborhood as well. Some are polite and some just don't get it. I happen to be in the position to hand out a few citations to those that don't get it. However, a friend of mine solved the very same issue with a paint ball gun a six pack of beer and an evening spent on the front porch. He said he had a ball and would love to do it again but the hot rod neighbors just wont cooperate any more.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/11/12

Similar thing here. A young man came ZOOMING by while I was outside with my then 3-year-old daughter. I called him a dumb SOB as he went by, and then noticed he parked about a block and a half away and went in a house.

I was at the front door in about 5 seconds, and he came out and talked with me. The young man admitted his mistake, admitted he was stupid for driving like that, and understood my position in regards to my daughter's safety.

He ended up inviting me to hunt with him on some private land. Turned out that he was actually a nice, responsible person who had had a momentary lapse of judgement. I never saw him misbehave like that again.
Posted By: clintsfolly Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/11/12
Had a uncle that was a caption in the Mi state police. He had a young guy that like to fly through the neighborhood. One night he had two troopers bring the guy over to his house where he informed him of his misguided way and the problems he was going to find if he keep up with speeding way!! At 6'4" and 275lbs he was a very impressive and scary guy. He stated that the kid never went over the speed limit in the area again. Oh for the old days Clint
Posted By: Mr_Saw Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/11/12
People who got a ticket 200 miles ago when they got on the toll road that told them how much it was going to cost to get off, and wait until they are sitting at the toll booth to start rummaging around for the change.

One of my biggest that is a daily thing is grownups who can't manage to 1) show up to work and 2) act like freaking grownups when they do.
Posted By: Need2Know Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/12/12
Lazy,unfriendly checkout people who can't seem to sort crap

"Supposably"

"Smackers"--love to hear your food and see it,really makes for an interactive experience

Posted By: woofer Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
Kids at the register who cant wrap their tiny little minds around the principal of tens and hundreds when giving proper change. They have to re-ring the sale in and re-enter the correct amount given so the little tards can give you proper change..

W

Not really a peeve but took the tiny one to Bking the other day for a treat. Guy in line is trying to explain to the kid behind the counter he doesn't want a drink with his "meal". Kid says I have to give you one so you need to choose. Guy again repeats himself. This went on for 2 or 3 minutes. Kid would not take his order without a drink. Finally the guy gives in. Kid hands him the drink and turns and pops the lid and pours the whole thing in the garbage and says "have fun with that"... Priceless....
Posted By: Mako25 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
"hello, you have reached company (or .gov agency) XYZ, for English press 1. If you are calling about..........."

DRIVES ME NUTS!
Cars with doors, windows, lights, locks, bells, gizmos that activate on their own.

If I want the damn door locked, I'll lock it! If a light starts blinking, or a buzzer starts sounding, something had better be on fire. If I have a low tire, does that mean I don't want my odometer/tripmeter?
The whatchamacallit the power company -- at their discretion -- uses to interrupt my electricity. Cold, or luke warm showers, shouldn't be in the same conversation as the outrageous bills I pay for that horsechit service.
My cookin' is a pet peeve, and I'm willin' to bet, would be one of yours too.

In a word, awful.
Greenies that pick up litter in the parking lot and drop it in the bed of my truck.
Posted By: 1B Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
Wolwo drivers!

1B
Posted By: MColeman Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
When you call a person they tell you , "At the beep leave your name and number and I'll call you back" THEN some voice tells you the same thing plus if you want to leave a call back number press another number. Do they really need an automated voice telling me what the person said?
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
Forgot one, the idiots at Harley-Davidson that design riding shirts without button down collars. mad

Those flappin collars at 70 MPH feel like wooodpeckers on crack peckin on the frankenstein bolts in my neck.

Gunner
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
Pants zippers that forget to close themselves before I go out to get the morning paper.
Eggyolks that break in the pan.
Posted By: old_willys Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
Forgot one, the idiots at Harley-Davidson that design riding shirts without button down collars. mad

Those flappin collars at 70 MPH feel like wooodpeckers on crack peckin on the frankenstein bolts in my neck.

Gunner

Worst yet the shirts they sale run small, how often do you see a skinny Harley rider. smile
Posted By: k20350 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
people starting 25 separate politics threads a day on a hunting website.....lots of other places for that
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
Calling a transmission a "tranny".
Posted By: Jericho Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/18/12
People with selective hearing.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/19/12
Originally Posted by old_willys

Gunner

Worst yet the shirts they sale run small, how often do you see a skinny Harley rider. smile

No chit, I gotta get a 3X then tuck a damn shower curtain down my britches shocked eek

Gunner
Posted By: JSTUART Re: The "pet peeve" thread - 08/19/12
One thing that will make me react violently is one of those SOB's that insist on touching or laying hands on you when they are talking to you.
The same pricks invariably want to stand right next to you and breath in your face when they talk.

And then the stupid so-and-so's are shocked when they get smacked in the mouth....go figure.
© 24hourcampfire