Home
Contest is only for those who are dedicated to losing weight. If you're wishy-washy about it, don't enter. If you're embarrassed about posting your weight for others to see, you don't want to lose weight bad enough and need not enter. Liberals, Republicans, Communist,....doesn't matter. If you truly are wanting to lose weight you're welcome to participate

Contest rules:

1.) 3 month contest starting today. Total lbs lost will determine winners. End date Nov 12.

2.) Anyone can enter at anytime. Get a head start and enter now.

3.) As last year, this will be done using the honor system. If you want, post a picture of your weight while on your scale.

4.) I can't win my own prize money but can win bragging rights.

Prizes

1st - $200
2nd - $100
3rd - $50

Prize money will double if total weight loss by all participates meets or exceeds 500 lbs
I did well last year but gained all my weight back plus a couple lbs.

Starting weight - 268.7
Dang... I would do how much you can LIFT, but not how much you can LOSE!!!! Been holding at 177 for 3 or 4 years now....
Is total lbs the right way to determine a winner? What about % lost compared to body weight. I am 6'3 and 200lbs. If I lose 15lbs, I will look like a stick. I need to lose about 5.

BTW, GREAT IDEA and you deserve an atta boy for doing this.

RAS
Originally Posted by benchman
Dang... I would do how much you can LIFT, but not how much you can LOSE!!!! Been holding at 177 for 3 or 4 years now....

Can you keep your idiot posts to yourself?

I mean really,..what was your point?
Originally Posted by RAS
Is total lbs the right way to determine a winner? ....

Yes total lbs.
Last year at this time when we did this
[Linked Image]
This morning
[Linked Image]
I still have about 70lbs to go. I have been trying to stick with the the Primal blueprint diet. It has been slow going but this is all based off diet and no real exercise other than work.
Way too go bud!

I remember you struggled a bit last year so it's good to see you lost weight and kept it off.
Originally Posted by rrroae
I did well last year but gained all my weight back plus a couple lbs.

Starting weight - 268.7

You may remember that I did OK during last year's contest, too. Lost 25 lbs and took 3rd place. I held my new weight pretty well until the holidays, then a change at work had me driving a desk and I've been gaining slowly ever since. Of the 25 I lost I've put back on about 20. I'm in and I'll post an official start weight later this morning.
Yes! Good job Amax. Keeping it off is as important if not more than getting it off.

I'm in....again. I think I'm in about the same boat as you Rex. I'll weigh in tonight after I take my wife out to dinner for our anniversary. The anniversary is tomorrow, but we'll do the little out to dinner thing tonight.

Thanks for doing this again, Rex. It makes the oft times unpleasant task of cutting the lard much more interesting and fun.
I am in, I will see if I can take scale photos today.
Yeah, I remember you did well.

You were a big help to myself and I'm sure others with your positive attitude.
Ricky, congrats on your anniversary!

Hope to see you kick some azz this time and I promise not to send you any Ho-Hos.
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2

Please quote this post and edit in your weight.
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8

Originally Posted by bruinruin
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236

Originally Posted by cmg
Originally Posted by bruinruin
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259

I'm in. I need to lose some weight before elk season anyway and this will give me the encouragement. I'd rather have the weight in a pack than packed around my middle. Post photos by tonight.
Originally Posted by FVA
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259

Originally Posted by FVA
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
m_stevenson - 235 (I've already lost 10 lbs. and looking to lose another 20 lbs. at least.)

Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by FVA
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
m_stevenson - 235 (I've already lost 10 lbs. and looking to lose another 20 lbs. at least.)
DavePrice - 258 (quit smoking last year and gained about 30 lbs!)

MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259

MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
noKness 256 (analog scales doesn't do tenths)

You go guys!

Doctor said that a 280 college playing weight was fine, but that 280 was not a lawyer's litigating weight.

He's an evil bastid.

I felt fine, and got my Black Belt at that weight in 2011.

But, I get PO'd at client's who don't take my advice . . . . . .

I cut calories to 1800 per day on February 26. Lost 45 since then.

All it takes is firm decision to do it.

BMT
Originally Posted by benchman

Can you keep your idiot posts to yourself?

I mean really,..what was your point?
Well, it was a good natured stab at a bit of humor. YOU are obviously way too smart for that stuff. By the way, I have thought for some time that you are also an idiot. Just kept that to myself till now....
Originally Posted by BMT
You go guys!

Doctor said that a 280 college playing weight was fine, but that 280 was not a lawyer's litigating weight.

He's an evil bastid.

BMT

That's awsome man!!

I'm going the same route with the 1600 - 1800 calorie a day diet. It's the sure fire way to lose weight.
Originally Posted by BMT
You go guys!

He's an evil bastid.

BMT

That's awsome man!!

I'm going the same route with the 1600 - 1800 calorie a day diet. It's the sure fire way to lose weight.

Originally Posted by noKnees
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259

RickyD - 271.0
Count me in. At 240# as of yesterday. Can't take a scale pic till Sunday though. On vacation in ME at the moment. I've needed to take off about 40# of that for over a year. Now is as good of a time as any to start.
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
RickyD - 271.0
Stush Count me in. At 240#
444Matt 280.6

[Linked Image]

So do we all chip in money, or are you providing the prize money out of your wallet? (if so, Thanks!)

Glad we are doing this, put on 40lbs after a shoulder injury last winter and have been needing to something about it for a while now. Great time to get in shape for hunting season. Good luck to all

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
RickyD - 271.0
444Matt 280.6
Heavywalker - 222 Looking to get down to the 200 mark

I'm in again.
Finished last year at 201.4, lost 10.sumthin
Starting at 200.2 tonight.

I still want back in size 34 pants & need to lose about 15 lbs to do it.
Just might make it happen this time.

DK

Originally Posted by heavywalker

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
RickyD - 271.0
444Matt 280.6
Heavywalker - 222 Looking to get down to the 200 mark
Deer Killer - 200.2

I have no need to enter the contest but here is some advice I will offer. It is the same advice that I have given to my students for a long time who wish to lose weight at a faster pace.

Along with a good diet of course, cardio workouts of 4 to 5 times a week of 10 to 30 minutes each or even longer depending on the person is the key.

One of the best ways to really get the heart going and do so in the shortest period of time is by using a good stair climber that has various resistance levels. Not a stepper but a stair climber which has the "greater range" of motion.

Vs a stepper, a good workout on a climber will increase your heart rates, do so within a shorter period of time, and will offer a more intensive workout within a shorter period of time as well. Using an in home climber or one at the gym will also prep you for any tougher climbs on your hunts.

Good luck to everyone!
Not bad advice.

Especially coming from -> -> the great beyond.
The most weight I could lose would be about 5 pounds and that would be a major PIA at a lower body fat level... grin

Here is something to maybe consider for the contest. Body fat percents

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Also a little advice.

No snacking, empty calories.

The above link shows you how many calories would be ideal, cut that down by 200 or more and you will lose weight sitting on your butt. wink

Exercise is important, don't get me wrong. A light walk/jog/run will do wonders.

Light weight lifting burns calories while building strength.

Sex burns calories too.... grin grin wink
Originally Posted by add
Not bad advice.

Especially coming from -> -> the great beyond.
...Oh I remember you ADD.......Attention,,,Deficit,,,and,,,Disorder.

Originally Posted by heavywalker

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA - 259
m_stevenson - 235
DavePrice - 258
noKness - 256
RickyD - 271
Stush - 240
444Matt 280.6
Heavywalker - 222
Deer Killer - 200.2
justin10mm - 368

I am in. 275.6 lbs on August 12, 2012.

Jordan
If you want to lose weight, you need to do a sensible diet and exercise. But if exercise is tough to do, then please finish 30 days of Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. If you stick to it, I guarantee that you will lose 20 pounds wo starving yourself. At LEAST 20 pounds.

It works. It is a more natural way to eat and your energy levels will increase greatly. The first 3-5 days are rough getting off the addiction of 'processed' foods. It is also a GREAT diet for the ticker. In 30 days, you will have a totally different outlook on eating.
I'll be doing it in parallel with you guys. The beta version, if you will.

For some reason, contests don't work for me, and since I've lost 12 lbs. in 2 months, I don't want to screw it up by officially joining.

Good luck to all!

FC
Good on you, FC. Brother in spirt.

Doing the Bugs Bunny Lunch right now.

[Linked Image]
How many calories in a rabbit and carrots?

Heheheh
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
How many calories in a rabbit and carrots?

Heheheh

Sounds like hassenpfeffer!

FC

Originally Posted by 444Matt

So do we all chip in money,

No, money is already allocated for contest.

Just do your best and we'll see you at the finish line.
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
RickyD - 271.0
444Matt 280.6
Heavywalker - 222
Deer Killer - 200.2
justin10mm - 368
RobJordan - 275.6

Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
I'll be doing it in parallel with you guys. The beta version, if you will.

For some reason, contests don't work for me, and since I've lost 12 lbs. in 2 months, I don't want to screw it up by officially joining.

Good luck to all!

FC

Whatever works best for you bud.

Good luck and keep us updated if you would.
Note:

Last year a couple winners were too gracious to accept their winnings. Had to threaten them with giving their prize money to the Obama re-election campaign.

Same holds true this year. You either take your winnings or you won't be happy where it ends up.*grin*
Rex, will there be a weekly weigh in? If so, which day?
Weigh in at your own leisure. Want to keep this nice and simple and whatever works for you guys is fine by me.

We can say there is an unofficial weigh in every Friday if you feel like posting.
Weigh in at your own leisure. Want to keep this nice and simple and whatever works for you guys is fine by me.

We can say there is an unofficial weigh in every Friday if you feel like posting.

Friday's sound good to me! Had a nice 1 mile jog this morning and then salad for lunch, also drank about a gallon of water throughout the day. The stinking salad was the worst part! Thanks again for doing this, should be tons of fun!
Guess this thread is a few months too late for me. Lost over 40 lbs, and don't have much left to clean up. Amazing how much extra weight a body can lug around, and not really show up so much if you've the frame to carry it. But I'll be rooting for all of you. Good luck.
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
RickyD - 271.0
444Matt 280.6
Heavywalker - 222
Deer Killer - 200.2
justin10mm - 368
RobJordan - 275.6
Dale K- 248

Keep it up guys, I was 233.6 today.

That's my High School playing weight.

BMT
I'm in! Just weighed myself on the scale at work (Hospital ER):
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
RickyD - 271.0
444Matt 280.6
Heavywalker - 222
Deer Killer - 200.2
justin10mm - 368
RobJordan - 275.6
Dale K- 248
OrangeOkie - 283.2

[Linked Image]
Archery deer opens Saturday.
So I'm headed out early.
Wish me luck.

Loss of 1.2 lbs.

DK
Start 268.7
Today 263.8

Counting calories.
I'm down a bit to 254. I know the first few are the easiest.

I do good during the day eating a couple Greek yogurts, a couple fruits, and a cold cut sandwich for lunch But by supper am ravenous and start eating before dinner hits the table.
Gotta work on my self control.
Story of my life LOL.
Last year I entered but was too embarrassed to admit I only lost 5 lbs.So I will try again.I am 265 right now and will post a picture soon.Huntz
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
RickyD - 271.0
444Matt 280.6
Heavywalker - 222
Deer Killer - 200.2
justin10mm - 368
RobJordan - 275.6
Dale K- 248
Oakster - 398

Edit dont want to break the 400 mark, so I need to do something. Its been hard for me to get started...
Starting weight-185.8
Friday, 8/17-181.8

Doing the same thing I did last year. Cutting back a bit overall, but especially on excessive carbs. Haven't had a beer since Saturday frown and if that isn't willpower then I don't know what is.

Also cut out evening snacking. I'm not enjoying this, but the results speak for themselves. I'll splurge a little this weekend and try to be as active as possible.

Keep at it, guys! smile
Start 268.7
Today 263.8

Counting calories.

If you haven't bought a food scale that weighs in grams and ounces, you might ponder it. Comes in handy. EatSmart Precision Pro Scale

I'm at the point where I'm dealing with those last stubborn 10-15 pounds. The rapid loss phase is over for me.
Originally Posted by Oakster
MASTER ENTRY LIST

rrroae - 268.7
amax155 - 293.2
bruinruin - 185.8
cmg - 236
FVA 259
RickyD - 271.0
444Matt 280.6
Heavywalker - 222
Deer Killer - 200.2
justin10mm - 368
RobJordan - 275.6
Dale K- 248
Oakster - 398
Grunt_0351 - 218

Edit dont want to break the 400 mark, so I need to do something. Its been hard for me to get started...
I didn't see the thread to know about the Friday weigh in so I weighed this morning (Saturday): Start 271.0; now 260.5.

I also didn't see Rex's challenge until later Sunday after we had plans for dinner with folks at Texas Road House, so I started on Monday.

I stayed on track pretty well. My daughter and her new husband stopped in for dinner Wednesday night and I grilled NY strips. My wife and I split one, but I also ate a quarter breast of terriaki chicken and aspargus with some cantelope and watermellon.

My regimen so far has been a bowl of total with banana or blueberries in the morning with 1% milk. Gonna switch to skim when the gallon is gone. I take cantelope and watermellon with me to work along with a salad full of lots of veggies topped with Kens Steakhouse lite dressing, a piece of fruit or greek yougurt, and some pepper strips for the afternoon. In the evening I've been eating a Yukon Gold microwaved baked potato with some of the left over steak or chicken and a vegetable. In the evening I've been having 6-8 Town House crackers, about half with a thin layer of peanut butter to take away my craving for bread or something sweet. I've also had some dryed blueberries for my sweet tooth.

I had a little Breyers Blast Heath ice cream Thursday night. When I say a little, my portion was probably as much or more as most would have, typically, but being an ice cream-aholic, it was a little for me. One helping of ice cream is quite an accomplishment for a guy who would often have a pint of Haagan Daz each night. I also had one piece of bread, potato bread, with butter and peanut butter on it. No beer and nothing else other than what was mentioned.

We went to a movie last night, 2016 Obamas America, and I ate nothing except a few crackers as above after we got home.

Haven't started to try to exercise yet, but believe it will have to be swimming if anything. My right knee has been bone on bone for about 20 years and it's really starting to get painful when I am on it for any duration. That is my motivation other than health and appearance: get the lard off so I can have a replacement procedure after the first of the year and ease the agony of the rehab.

I'll be 59 in November and I'd like to spend the last 20-or so years, much trimmer and healthier than the prior 20- or so.
Happy to see you guys are losing some weight. I'm finishing week 9 of a "lifestyle change" that hopefully sticks long term. Exercise and a radical change in my diet. Down 30.5 lbs as of this morning. Keep up the work fellas, it's hard, but worth it.
Congratulations on your accomplishment, Techsan. I'd be happy with 30.5 loss at the end of our challenge but overall that's not my goal. Like you, I'd like to make changes that last.
Start weight: 280.6
Friday 8/17: 278.0
Total lost: 2.6lbs

255 this Morning
Been sick with a stomach virus and figured I had lost weight but still the same 293.2
After losing 12 lbs., I'm up 2 this week. mad

Know that I'm rooting for you all, but I'll likely stay outa this 'til it wraps up in Nov. If done right, I'll be down 15-20 lbs. by then.

FC
Starting weight-185.8
Friday, 8/17-181.8
Friday, 8/24-179.6

The wife and twins were downstate all week, so I was bach'in it and it turns out that when my routine is interrupted, I don't hold to my plan very well. Oh, well. Down 2+ pounds this week. smile
Originally Posted by RickyD
Start 271.0; now 260.5.

256.5 this morning.
Loss of 1.3 this week.
-2.5 total.

DK
Still 248 but my daughter got married last weekend. Too much rich food and no exercise for most of this week. On the bright side, I didn't gain any!

Dale
Was at 217 this morning down 5 lbs in 2 weeks.
This ain't fair, dammit!

Got people own here startin' out at 547 fuggin' pounds.

I'm 6', 190,...I could stand to lose an l-b or two,...but them big ass fuggers can eat a bowl o'Raisen Bran and take two Milk o'Magnesia tablets and lose more weight from their mornin' dump than I can by eatin' nuthin' but one can of turnip greens a day fer two damn years!

Not only that,...but whoever wins ya 200 dollahs is gonna go out and spend it own buckets o'chicken and Heath Bar blizzards any damn way.

I mean,...you know,..."bullshit!".
Yeah,...ever time you put this 200 dollah weight loss challenge up,..them big fuggers think,...

"Sheeeeeeit,...a bit of fiber,....a bottle of Milk o'Magnesia,..and my ass is set up with chicken wings fer 6 months!

The rest of us just sit starin' into that bowl of 1% milkfat cottage cheese and bein' depressed.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This ain't fair, dammit!

I'm 6', 190,...I could stand to lose an l-b or two,...but them big ass fuggers can eat a bowl o'Raisen Bran and take two Milk o'Magnesia tablets and lose more weight from their mornin' dump than I can by eatin' nuthin' but one can of turnip greens a day fer two damn years!

Not only that,...but whoever wins ya 200 dollahs is gonna go out and spend it own buckets o'chicken and Heath Bar blizzards!

Yeah and why should those mutha fuggers that make 1 million dollars a year get to keep more money after taxes than me? They've got more to lose. It's about the accomplishment, not the money, but libs lose sight of that. It's always about someone else's money and someone else's work.
BTW guys -- I'm outta the contest. My lungs got racked up in the Waldo Canyon Fire and I'm not rebounding so can't exercise right now. Good luck!
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This ain't fair, dammit!

Not only that,...but whoever wins ya 200 dollahs is gonna go out and spend it own buckets o'chicken and Heath Bar blizzards!

Yeah and why should those mutha fuggers that make 1 million dollars a year get to keep more money after taxes than me? They've got more to lose. It's about the accomplishment, not the money, but libs lose sight of that. It's always about someone else's money and someone else's work.

Why you talkin' politics in the fat [bleep] thread?
If you wanna combine politics and fat [bleep],...go tell Mannlicher that some fatass liberal waddled off with his Romney sign.
Because you're always bitchin' about something...
197.0 Loss of 0.7lb this week.
3.2lbs so far.

This last 15 is tougher to get rid of than the first 15.
Or the second 15 for that matter.

DK
I ain't weighing in this week! blush
Originally Posted by Deer_Killer
This last 15 is tougher to get rid of than the first 15.
Or the second 15 for that matter.

DK

You and me both. I lost a bunch to begin with, but the final lbs are stubborn. Keep plugging.
I take it everyone enjoyed their Labor Day BBQ this week; hence, no weigh-in reports grin. Speaking of which, I have some ribeyes I need to grill. While I'm not part of this weight loss contest, I am here for the moral support to those who are laugh. I lost two more pounds this week after holding a steady weight for three weeks. The last pounds are the toughest to lose. And I now have the good problem of having to replace my pants and shorts because the old ones bunch up and fold too much at the waist now with a cinched up belt. A good problem to have, but a problem nonetheless. I hate shopping for clothes.
Late getting here tonight, I'm down 3 pounds from the start. Scales said 245 this AM.

Dale
I finished 12 weeks of P90X this morning. Started out at 225 lbs, finished up at 190 lbs. Positive changes in diet, in my opinion, do more for weight loss and change in body definition than exercise, but you really need both. Keep up the good work fellas!
275 this morning. I've lost nine pounds. Just gettin' goin' real good now!
Originally Posted by Techsan
I finished 12 weeks of P90X this morning. Started out at 225 lbs, finished up at 190 lbs. Positive changes in diet, in my opinion, do more for weight loss and change in body definition than exercise, but you really need both. Keep up the good work fellas!

Impressive! There went 16% of your body mass that you won't miss...
Down 4lbs to 214, didn't weigh last Friday
Late to the game, but I will join in and tell my weight loss story. Started at 192.2 on June 1. On August 13 (dont have the 12th) I was at 187.2. Going well. Then I really started exercising and we went hiking in the mountains. Came back August 26th at 183.8. Still going well. Started running every morning and hiking with my 27 pound back or biking every night. I am not eating much...I go to bed hungry and wake up hungry. I am eating healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables. So today? 184.6. Man am I bummed. I know that I have added a lot of muscle to my legs, but doggone it, I am discouraged. I did drop 1.5 inches on my waist in the last 2 weeks, so that is encouraging, but holy cow, cant the weight loss god throw me a bone????

Add me to the cotton-pickin' list, I aint gonna win, but maybe others will go through this as well and see that it isnt just their scale screwing with them. Obviously, my scale has a really mean sense of humor.
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Late to the game, but I will join in and tell my weight loss story. Started at 192.2 on June 1. On August 13 (dont have the 12th) I was at 187.2. Going well. Then I really started exercising and we went hiking in the mountains. Came back August 26th at 183.8. Still going well. Started running every morning and hiking with my 27 pound back or biking every night. I am not eating much...I go to bed hungry and wake up hungry. I am eating healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables. So today? 184.6. Man am I bummed. I know that I have added a lot of muscle to my legs, but doggone it, I am discouraged. I did drop 1.5 inches on my waist in the last 2 weeks, so that is encouraging, but holy cow, cant the weight loss god throw me a bone????

Don't get bummed by such a small fluctuation. Just stay with it. Also, make sure you are consistent in the time of day you weigh. I weigh every morning just after draining the crank case.
I am not discouraged about going up a wee bit, I am discouraged that I have worked my behind off and havent lost weight. mad

I weigh every morning after my constitutional. I even shave first thinking those whiskers really grew a lot in one day and shaving them off should help. right?

As I sit here and type this, my stomach is growling.
I am not discouraged about going up a wee bit, I am discouraged that I have worked my behind off and havent lost weight. mad

I thought you dropped from 192.2 down to 184.

As I sit here and type this, my stomach is growling.

That may be part of the problem. If you run too large of a calorie deficit for too long, your metabolism can slow down as a result. Google zig-zagging and carb-cycling. Carb-cycling is really just zig-zagging with the carbs alone.
You are right I lost some right away, but when I intensified my workouts, my weight loss stopped.

I typically try and have a little snack when my stomach starts growling. I just had some trail mix to combat that zig zag.

I feel I am getting leaner....there is no question about that. But just frustrated that I aint seeing it on that evil scale. I thought by posting this, it may resonate with someone else and if nothing else, we can comiserate! Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.
I keep getting distracted on Fridays. I am down to 290 even as of this morning. Been hitting the bike and walking more getting ready for bow season.
I feel I am getting leaner....there is no question about that. But just frustrated that I aint seeing it on that evil scale. I thought by posting this, it may resonate with someone else and if nothing else, we can comiserate! Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

If you are strength training, you may be adding a little muscle while losing fat which could account for the increase, especially since you lost 1.5" in the waist. I'm certainly watching my scale, but I am paying more attention to what I can pinch and measure at my waist at this point. Body composition is what it's really all about. Sounds like you're doing all the good.
Berettaman, you are almost certainly offsetting any fat loss with lean muscle gain, hence little to no weight loss. My super fit buddies tell me that once you hit a certain level of fitness, focus on how you feel and look in the mirror, not the scale.

I've started the Insanity workouts this week. If anyone is looking for a high intensity cardio workout that will kick your tail, this is it.
Start 271.0; now 260.5.

256.5 this morning.

Now 251.0
Start 271.0; now 260.5.

256.5 this morning.

Now 251.0
Start 271.0; now 260.5.

256.5 this morning.

Now 251.0

Attaboy.
Start 271.0; now 260.5.

256.5 this morning.

Now 251.0
245 Had a good week.
Good Job!
183.0 this morning. Set a new low. Feeling good. Even splurged and had a piece of apple pie last night. Ya cant maintain without a treat now and then. Had a good week of workouts capped by a weekend running a chain saw. pleasantly stiff all over....any more and it would be uncomfortable.

had a funny hike last week. I bought a pack frame last week at Cabelas on my way home. then on Friday, up before dawn, all excited to try hiking with my new pack frame. Needed some weight, so I took my daypack which I have weighted to 27 pounds with books and water and hung it on the packframe. Stepped into it and away I went. About 100 yards down the road my load shifted. I tried to see and feel back there but couldnt really. Oh well, must be good (you experienced pack framers know the mistake I just made, eh?). About half a mile later, I get to thinking, man, this is really pulling on the top of my shoulders. Another mile and man, that muscle that goes from the top of your shoulder to your neck is really singing at me and it isnt a nice song. Struggle another half mile thinking man, I gotta get used to this or this is gonna suck. Hey, there is Adam, my neighbor! Hey Adam, does everything look right on.....why are you laughing at me? Yep, my backpack is hanging wayyyyyy off the back and is threatening to pull me over backwards. Well the good news is the first rookie mistake was made at home! Adjusted some straps and this morning I punched out my normal hike with no strain on the shoulders. whew.
Aug 24: 288

October 1: 247

Snake
count me in.
210.6 as of 8.12.12

I'm down about 20 from my peak at 225
Trying to maintain 1850 calories/ day and riding more
365 miles last month.
Another 25 to go.

ML
I don't know when I will ever have apple pie again....

Next week is my son's wedding and her family look like barbie and ken dolls.

I won't make my weight...

But will look like less of a toad

When my next son is married next March

I will be done

Snake
182.0 this morning. Solid results that i am happy with. This week should be good as well, next week I should see some great results (hunting)!
241 this morning. I was up and down the last two weeks. Some days the scale said even a small indulgence added a couple of pounds and then it was days to get back even. I haven't been exercising much but will begin that starting tomorrow and hope a bone-on-bone right knee will not flair up too bad to prevent continuing.
Originally Posted by Stush
At 240#

At 235. Not as much as I had hoped, but some progress.
Last week I decided I was 15 lbs to heavy so I decided to only eat protein. I started Monday and so far I have lost 7 lbs almost 1.5 lbs a day
Hanging right about where I started (248). Sucks cause I was losing a pound a week before I signed on. But fall is always tough for me, I'm like a bear, pack on the groceries for the long winter's nap!

Oh well, at least I'm not gaining!

Dale
Yuck, hated to even check back on this topic. I've had a hell of a past 45 days or so and in the process picked up some weight. I am up to 300 from the 280 I was at as of this morning at the doctor. Finally getting my chit in order and got to a weight loss clinic today. Got on an appetite suppressant and weekly B12/B6/lipotropic cocktail shot I get to administer at home. Hoping this will help me kick it into high gear and shed what I need to loose.

How you other tubbs doing? wink
I didn't weigh in last week but I have been holding at 285 for a little over a week now. Ate a few too many carbs and am stuck I guess.
I'm late to this deal, but at the first part of July I started to walk and diet. Starting weight was 327 pounds.

A week ago I was at 277. Still got a small ton to go, but the exciting thing is that my blood sugar has dropped by a little over 35%.

Keep up the good work, you guys!
50 pounds is huge! Great job, Keith. Very good to hear about your reduction in blood sugar.

I was 237 this morning. Small ton to go here too. I want it all off.
Originally Posted by temmi
I don't know when I will ever have apple pie again....

Snake

There are many things I could say that about. I haven't had a beer in a very long time. Trouble is, I don't care for light beers, but the good stuff (heavier beers) doesn't do that abdominal region any good. Apple pie, pecan pie, oatmeal raisin cookies ... I could go on. But my daily coffee is a safe indulgence I enjoy greatly. I still eat BBQ, but typically forgo the BBQ sauce. Too much sugar in most of them. Likewise, too many BBQ joints do the same to their beans.
181.4 this morning. My wife felt my leg muscles the other day and said OHMYGOSH! That made my day!
Originally Posted by DavePrice

255 this Morning

248 today.

I was 237 this morning. Small ton to go here too. I want it all off.
232.5 this morning.
179.4 this morning!!! A major goal achieved! now I can eat like a pig and gain it.....no, no, no, aint gonna do that!

Wow does it feel good to achieve that goal. I am gonna keep going. Next goal....I dunno. 177 or 175 maybe. I turned sideways to my wife and asked if she could see me. She laughed.

Keep it going guys, keep it going. Try and stop drinking too many calories, they are empty calories and add up fast! 23 beers is a pound of fat!
Congratulations! Major goals, are major. wink That's about where I ultimately want to be. It might take until Spring, but if I make it, I'll have a good summer.

I've drank one beer since I started and believe I gained a pound from that. crazy
Aug 24 - 288

Oct 30 - 238

Snake
50 pounds in 2 months? How in da heck can a guy do that anyway?
My girlfriend lost some weight. I told her I found it for her as she was walking out of the room smile Didn't go well.

W
Aug 24 - 288

Oct 30 - 238

Snake
Excellent job!! Congratulations!!

I'm down to 230.5. 40.5 pounds lost so far.
down to 202 from 225 as of today

ML
Stepped on the scales this morning. 246, down 2 lbs from my start at 248. Not much loss but better than my usual fall routine of gaining weight.

Dale
Today is final weigh in day and the end of the contest.

Please post your total weight loss so we can tally up the results.

rrroae, too much turmoil in my world to stick with it after the second or third week. I did manage to lose a couple pounds though.

Congrats to the big losers and thanks to rrroae for doing this again. Maybe if there's another one I'll jump on board and give it a good try.
Aug 24 - 288

Oct 30 - 238

Snake

Aug 24 - 288
Nov 09 - 234
50 pounds in 2 months? How in da heck can a guy do that anyway?

Quick Weight loss centers...

They really work

Snake
Aug 24 - 288

Oct 30 - 238

Snake

Great job

What is your target...

Sad to say I still have 40 to go

Snake
Looks like Temmi and RickyD are going to come in #1 and #2. You boys kicked some major tail!

Let's say we'll give everyone until Wed at 8 pm to post their final numbers in case anyone forgot when the deadline was.

Sound good?

Aug 24 - 288

Oct 30 - 238

Snake

Great job

What is your target...

Snake
Thanks. I have at least another 40 to go, too. My goal is no more fat, whatever weight that is. Nothing fanatical, just trim.

Let's say we'll give everyone until Wed at 8 pm to post their final numbers in case anyone forgot when the deadline was.

Sound good?

Your call. Supposed to be done tomorrow, though, isn't it? If I figured that right, I'm done tomorrow. I've got plans for dinner with my wife. wink

I'll post my final in the morning. I've kicked it up a notch but won't catch Snake.

It's been good for me and after I bought new pants, got a lot of compliments. grin I'd like to lose another 15 by the first of the year, and then another 10 a month until I feel it's enough. Chinese tomorrow night, though. wink

Started at 280, balloned up to 300 when life got kind of crazy for a month or so. Now back down to 284 and loosing. So I am down 16lbs I guess, or up 4lbs depending on how you look at it. Hope to be 265 by christmas.
Today is final weigh in day and the end of the contest.

Please post your total weight loss so we can tally up the results.

Oh! Today was the final. My bad. I was 224 this morning. That makes 47 for the contest. I'm happy with that.

Thanks for the incentive, Rex.
I'm not in the contest, as I started my weight reduction plan around the first of June. 236# at start and I'm 175-176 since mid October....
If I can do it, so can the rest of you guys! Keep after it!
1D
Thanks guys

If my boys were not getting married I would not have done it.

2 of the girls have a barbie and Ken style family and one set runs for fun

I just had to do it...

But now for the last 40

Snake
Aug 24 - 288

Oct 30 - 238

Snake

Great job

What is your target...

Snake

Target is something like 185 - 188

100lbs

Hope I make it

Snake
My target is about 10 pounds less than yours, but I know that is within a 10 pound variance either way. I'll know when I hit 180-185 if I need to go to 175, or even 165.

My plan is to try and lose another 15 by the end of the year. That is certainly doable but I will have to largely abstain from holiday treats and be reasonable on the feast days. I believe I can do that.

If successful by 12-31, I'll try to target a 2-2.5 pound loss each week, to average 10 pounds a month, until April 1. That would put me at 179 and I can evaluate from there.

I'd be glad to exchange PM's with you to help us both stay on track, if you would care to.

The only thing that might derail my plans could be a knee replacement, if I chose to do that in January, but I'm now thinking I might be better served doing 6 months of thigh strenthening excercises, and taking off another 30-40 pounds, before that.

I'm glad for your success related to the upcoming weddings! I tried to do that last year at this time for my daughters wedding last June 10th, and wasn't very successful. She loved me no less for it, the fine young lady that she is, and is very happy for my success to date, as are my other two kids and wife.

I told my wife a couple of weeks ago, after I had bought some pants that fit, that when I looked into the opening before putting them on, I didn't believe they could or would fit. It was a great feeling to find they did and fit well, to boot.

Best to you, and all in the same boat, from here. We can do this!

And another big thanks to Rex! Not for the funding nearly as much as the motivation!!I can't think of a more positive contribution to a life that can be as generously and selflessly made than to help someone realize a goal of health, confidence, and freedom from addiction. It's kinda a big deal, actually. wink I hope you made some progress as well. If not, you can.
Need final weights to finish the contest. Looks like Temmi #1 and RickyD #2. Need to find our 3rd place winner.

Once we have everything figured out, I'd like the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers to email me with the form of payment they would like. PayPal or mailing address.

Great job guys and I'm proud of all of you who participated!
As mentioned in an earlier post, I only lost 2 lbs but I did manage to lose enough around the waist that I can comfortably wear smaller (40 instead of 42) jeans. And I've got some shirts that are way too baggy to wear now. So I'm happy.

PS, I had lost 5 lbs but had a bad 3 day weekend,so the net loss was only 2. frown

Dale
© 24hourcampfire