Home
Posted By: jnyork Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
Our County Fair was held last week. Today the newspaper pr inted a 10 page supplement detailing the winners of the various 4H events, which are where the 4H kids raise steers, hogs, lambs, etc as a learning experience and to auction off at the fair. Local businesses provide brisk bidding to buy the livestock as a means of showing support for the kids and it's also good community relations for them.
The supplement included many 1 1/2" x 2" block ads purchased by the kids thanking the businesses for their support. One ad read as follows: "A.D. Martin Lumber Company: Thank your for changing my market steer into a .300 Win Mag. Jace F-----" laugh
Can you imagine something like this happening in Kali or New Jersey? shocked

Posted By: Scott F Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
grin
Posted By: eh76 Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
jnyork quit telling these nutcases how good it is here!

Posted By: Siskiyous6 Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
Them's fighting words and your a yellow bellied skunk.

We have it happen here in Del Norte County California all the time - we have a better 4H program than you, a better FFA (Future Farmers of America) program than you, and we have a stronger Grange Youth program than almost anyone - by the way both 4H and FFA are Grange originated programs.

I spent years as a Grange youth Swine Leader - the last few years I took over 70 young people to the fair with Swine, and that in a very small community.

That said - I am happy for your kids and their values, don't screw up the good lessons by being a hater.

Just saying.

Remember - people have values, political subdivisions like states have borders - the two are unrelated.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
WTF?
Posted By: aheider Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
Which part was the fighting words?? Did you read the same thing I did??

The original post is awesome! grin
Posted By: eh76 Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
Originally Posted by eyeball
WTF?

he is a union guy............
Them's fighting words and your a yellow bellied skunk.

We have it happen here in Del Norte County California all the time - we have a better 4H program than you, a better FFA (Future Farmers of America) program than you, and we have a stronger Grange Youth program than almost anyone - by the way both 4H and FFA are Grange originated programs.

I spent years as a Grange youth Swine Leader - the last few years I took over 70 young people to the fair with Swine, and that in a very small community.

That said - I am happy for your kids and their values, don't screw up the good lessons by being a hater.

Just saying.

Remember - people have values, political subdivisions like states have borders - the two are unrelated.
I just don't think there was any reason to pick on California - we have rural values here too.
Posted By: Ravenr2 Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
exception not the rule
probably not ment to insult
a fellow redneck
Posted By: McInnis Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
Last week I was driving through Thermopolis listening to local radio. A guy who is running for the state Senate seat there ran a commercial blasting his opponent, stating that he had recieved a "pathetic B+ rating" from the NRA.

Sorry, but I doubt that happens in California.
Posted By: Bobcape Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
I lost a small screw off the rail on my AR. I went to two hardware stores and a machine shop looking for it. I had my AR slung over my shoulder. Nobody said a word except one young lady at Ace. She asked what brand my AR was. Said her dad's was a Bushmaster. I didn't tell her that his was a POS.

Bob
Posted By: T LEE Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
That is the greatest!
Posted By: czsharpshooter Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
grin
Posted By: Dan_H Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
4H and JML are great programs. Finished the peninsula state fair and livestock auction last week. Adds will run in the local paper also.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/23/12
The entire intent of my post was to point out the humorous little ad posted by the kid, and to speculate such an ad would not pass muster in liberal states.

If you guys are bound and determined to read something else into it and you are absolutely committed to finding things to be offended about, there is nothing I can do about it, nor would I if I could.
Posted By: stantdm Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/24/12
South Dakota is the same way. County fairs in each county, lots of FFA and 4H. Gets good press. I like living in this environment.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/24/12
Originally Posted by jnyork
The entire intent of my post was to point out the humorous little ad posted by the kid, and to speculate such an ad would not pass muster in liberal states.

You can't do that here anymore. There are too many people with thin skin. wink
Posted By: Dan_H Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/24/12
Not offended at all - just letting you Wyo guys know that you are not all alone.

born in wyo myself......love the place
Posted By: Doubleagle Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/24/12
Great post,jnyork! Sissy just doesn't get it!
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/24/12
Originally Posted by Dan_H
Not offended at all - just letting you Wyo guys know that you are not all alone.

born in wyo myself......love the place

Dan,

I think he was responding to sisky above. With that said, where in Wyo you from? I was hatched at Francis E. Warren in Cheyenne...just post Korea...

best,
bhtr
Posted By: Siskiyous6 Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/24/12
If I start a post with "those are fightin words" then it was intended to be in jest - a concept that just doesnt play well in internetese.
Posted By: bearhuntr Re: Only in Wyoming!! - 08/24/12
Fear not skisky...I hear ya smile It was somewhat plain to see, even the first time around wink

Ain't the old internet a riot? grin

bhtr
© 24hourcampfire