Home
Spent the whole week end, painting the laundry room. Still not done!!!!!!!!!!!! cry
I don't like painting , therefore I would not drag it out for a week for one room.

Mike
Damn, how big is your laundry room?!?
I hate painting.

So I get the wife to do it.
I hate it worse than you and refuse to do it!
There's painting and then there's painting. Being out on the open boards isn't so bad. Scraping, painting around gingerbread, trimming, any inside painting, or any painting involving association with the wife is bloody awful. (What I really hate is baling hay.)
I HATE PAINTING!! thanks for the post, it is good to vent.
[Linked Image]
I don't mind it at all as long as I can use my airless sprayer. Brushes and rollers? Forgetaboutit. Just tape and cover anything you don't want to get splattered and spray away.
i only like to paint if i can use the airless.

i do enjoy painting cars though.
I guess I'm odd man out, out of all the stuff to do around the house I don't mind painting inside or out.
24 years in the Navy and less than ten minutes with a paint brush in my hand. That answer your question?
It took me 4 months to paint the whole inside of my house,finished about 2 months ago and I'm so DAMN glad I'm finished with it.
As much as I hate Christmas and Disneyland.
Yes....spent the entire weekend working on drywall, trim and paint in the mud room. I enjoy the drywall and trim work, but HATE the paint.
Yes but the paint is the crowning glory of all the other work!
Posted By: bigwhoop Q - 09/04/12
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Spent the whole week end, painting the laundry room. Still not done!!!!!!!!!!!! cry

What are you using, a Q Tip? whistle
Painting is easy
It's thepep that sux--
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Q - 09/04/12
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

What are you using, a Q Tip? whistle

Cove molding at the ceiling, chair rail, two doors, all painted dark blue. Now they are white, after 3 coats. Had to tape everything off. Then the walls have to be painted. I'ts a bitch having to paint left handed.
Posted By: smithwr Re: Q - 09/04/12
Yea F all that jazz, if I paint it looks like a bad acid trip running down the walls. thats why I farm it out or give the wife the tools and leave for a weekend.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Q - 09/04/12
Originally Posted by Scott F
24 years in the Navy and less than ten minutes with a paint brush in my hand. That answer your question?

two coats for rust, one for dust! I remember them days well!
Posted By: Scott F Re: Q - 09/04/12
I made second before I went to sea. That helped a LOT! grin

Called four painters to get a quote in the middle of the summer.
Three guys called back and wanted the job. Two guys showed up,
48 hours late. One guy showed up drunk.

I am doing the job myself.
I feel your pain, Denny. Painting is about my least favorite domestic sport. frown

I spent a good part of my Saturday and much of yesterday painting doors and trim in my addition. I took Sunday off from painting so that I could work in a plumbing side job. Do I know how to spend a Holiday weekend or what? crazy
I once dropped a cinder block on my toe. That was better than painting.

I spent a whole month painting one day.
I would rather whittle me a bill and peck chit with the chickens than paint
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Q - 09/04/12

Cove molding at the ceiling, chair rail, two doors, all painted dark blue. Now they are white, after 3 coats. Had to tape everything off. Then the walls have to be painted. I'ts a bitch having to paint left handed.

Cove and chair rail in the LAUNDRY ROOM?!!!

Rip that stuff out, plug the holes, and PAINT IT!

And if you let the wife talk you into installing that stuff in the first place.......well, it's called karma.......

grin
Casey
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Q - 09/04/12
Since moving to the new house I've painted 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room, great room and 2 1/2 bathrooms.

I still have the kitchen, office and laundry room to go. With the exception of 2 rooms, all are 12' ceilings, which really adds to the enjoyment.

Luckily I don't mind painting, it's some of the prep that I hate.
© 24hourcampfire