Home
Posted By: ringworm Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
My source tells me that the bean counters have been up 3 days calculating cost-loss numbers trying to figure out if being the first to weigh in will win them points in the long run. The company led By Bill Ruger certainly broke quickly when the talk of a ban was in the air.
The idea is to drop the SR-556 and focus on the Mini line in an attempt to keep some pertion of the tactical market alive.

Expect a press release in days.
[Linked Image]
Mr, Ruger is/was a good man. We all need to clean up our sh...
I like Ruger's, and I generally don''t like anything post '64

I definitely have nothing to do with guns made for killing people.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
post 64?
Got me there...whats post 64 got to do with Ruger?
Keep your head in the sand Mister. Someone will be along shortly to either kick your exposed azz or have their way with you.
While you're at it, turn in all your guns.

Guns made just to kill people. Dumb azz

With "friends" like you, who needs enemies.
Posted By: RWE Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
Lauren's undying support goes to pre-64 Winchesters.

He's apathetic if anything else gets confiscated.

Originally Posted by lauren
I can't stand the f'n things myself....
If it ain't in the Madis Book, I don't like it.

People buy AR's to compensate for something. I would assume perhaps fear plays arole. Sure as sh.. ain't buying them for their usefulness or aesthetics.

I watch people buy all kinds of stupid sh...

Yes,i am a gun snob. I still wonder about people that buy those things.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12

In plain english.....As long as it does'nt effect me I don't care.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
lauren?

is that like a francis?
Posted By: viking Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
WTF. I guess the turncoats are starting to expose themselves. Why don't you do something like GFY, then look at the root of the problem.

Take my spoon, it made me fat. But I still have a fork.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
If Lauren cunny smokes half the pot his brother does, nothing out of his mouth would surprise me.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
Just exactly like the bastards did on the previous bill... as I've said all along, I hated ruger for those moves in the 80s. I hate them even more now reading this part which I bet will come to pass.

And I so liked some of rugers guns, but we were in the gun shop the other day, and a ruger revolver was suggested adn I just told the clerk we don't support ruger and never will again.

Just another nail in the lid of that coffin IMHO. Hope the phuggin company goes under. Just like Cooper.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12

All guns kill. Its the choice of the owner, as to what they kill. Paper, steel, dirt, cans, cowpies,animals or people.

Another liberal idiot posting again. pre 64rugers... that might be the stupidest quote I'll read all day.
Sturm Ruger, Inc., will likely also return to Bill Ruger's policy of restricting sale of high cap mags to law enforcement agencies only. Anticipating this, Friday night I went out and purchased two thirty round, Ruger-made, Mini-14 mags, even before I located a Mini-14 ("Tactical Model") for sale, which I later that evening did and purchased also. Next morning I went out and picked up two more such mags.

What an idiot!
Posted By: oulufinn Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
It's as if Bill Ruger were still alive.
Posted By: Foxbat Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
Never mind that the Mini 14 was used in Norway to kill 3 times as many kids, as occurred in Connecticut.

Bill Ruger was a POS, just like you. GFY
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
Lauren, you sir are a useless turncoat. I have no use for you. Keep that little head of yours in the sand. You like pre-64 Winnys? I guess you should look into how many a man name Carlos killed with a pre-64 Winny.

Screw Ruger.
Posted By: WyoCowboy Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
I own no guns intended for killing people, I own guns intended for the defense of myself and family. Unfortunately I have a soft spot for SA Rugers, I also have the same soft spot for for most RRA lowers built with M4 uppers
Posted By: eh76 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12

are you really that stupid?
Originally Posted by eh76

Apparently he is. But one thing Bill Ruger was right on, he said government and law enforcement wasn't honest. He said "no honest man needs more than ten rounds" yet continued to sell government and law enforcement 20s and 30s.
Originally Posted by 65x47L

Apparently he is. But one thing Bill Ruger was right on, he said government and law enforcement wasn't honest. He said "no honest man needs more than ten rounds" yet continued to sell government and law enforcement 20s and 30s.
grin Exactly.

By Bill Ruger's definition, I'm far from honest.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
ruger was an interesting man, and a pretty nice guy as reported to me by friends that knew him personally. What has always given me a kick is the fact that he started his company by basically reverse engineering other weapons, which they continue to do to this day although they have in recent years came out with market innovations. The mini 14 is based in many respects on the M1garand or carbine as to the action.
They have never compared all that favorable to a stock ar15 in many ways. I just talked to a guy a day or so ago that had to have a tactical mini14 what ever that is, and bought one a couple of months ago. Asked him if he ever bought some spare mags like I advised him to do so. No. Well good luck now. 35bucks for a mag for the ruger, when you could have about 3 for the same price for the ar.
The grandson of ruger has a auction house in prescott by the way, and rugers collection, which was extensive, and what he used for examples in design of his own stuff, is being slowly auctioned off. Been tempted a few times to buy a few of his rifles.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
Might as well discontinue the "American" as well since nobody knows what America is anymore.

[bleep] Ruger......
We could be losing access to much better guns be thankful. Now if they'd just get rid of that Ranch Mini 14 pos.
Posted By: stripe55 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
Where is the best place to read about the history of Ruger? I have to plead total ignorance on the negative remarks about him. I own and like several Rugers. I prefer to be educated on these things and well, on this I m not.
Mini-14's and Mini-30's are junk anyway. That being said, not sure why anyone would buy a factory built AR anyway. Very easy to assemble yourself, and you can get what you really want for less money.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
Haven't read all the posts but it doesn't surprise me even if no looming ban. It's an AR that retails for 1500.00. When sw, and others are selling them for less than a grand
Its an AR with bells and whistles not on the $1000 ARs you see.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12
The executives who run Ruger, Inc., need not worry about the Ruger EUBR (Evil Ugly Black Rifle) being taken out of production so they can concentrate on the Mini-14.

If Feinstein, Libermann, Schumer, Boxer, Lautenberg, their NYC toady Bloomberg, and the other Far Left "progressives" get their "assault gun" bill passed, they will -- this time -- ban the Ruger Mini-14/Mini-30 rifles right along with all the rest of the EUBRs.

L.W.

No the mini will be thier bread and butter if they can get the the mags down to $15. All they have to do is drop the FH and thier gun is 94 AWB legal. No bayo lug, not pistol grip, no collapsing stock.
I sent them an e-mail. I'll post if I get a response.

My Google-fu is strong, and I can't find even a suggestion that Ruger is stopping anything.

see this: http://news.investors.com/business/...-sturm-ruger-smith-and-wesson-plunge.htm
Originally Posted by RWE

People buy AR's to compensate for something. I would assume perhaps fear plays arole. Sure as sh.. ain't buying them for their usefulness or aesthetics.

Lauren sure is a stupid POS. Thanks for outing her.
And nothing of value was lost.
Originally Posted by ringworm
No the mini will be thier bread and butter if they can get the the mags down to $15. All they have to do is drop the FH and thier gun is 94 AWB legal. No bayo lug, not pistol grip, no collapsing stock.

You are assuming that the next "assault weapons ban" will be identical as the first. I have a feeling they are going after all semi-autos this time...
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

You are assuming that the next "assault weapons ban" will be identical as the first. I have a feeling they are going after all semi-autos this time...
They'll probably go for all semi-autos that can accept a detachable magazine.

I hope so. that will make the attempt even more futile. I hope the go after revolvers and shotguns and fk airsoft guns. I hope they try to ban sticks shapd like guns...nerf, water pistols.
I hope they get on TV and let America hear how fking stupid they are to think they can do anything about 350,000,000 + firearms in the hands of 1/3 of the population. thats a pretty large fkin demographic group.
I know a cop who is actually stressing about all this. He told a friend that they are scared they are going to be told to go round up certain guns. He said the whole force will quit, because he isn't taking a bullet over this.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12

leave & GFY
I know a cop who is actually stressing about all this. He told a friend that they are scared they are going to be told to go round up certain guns. He said the whole force will quit, because he isn't taking a bullet over this.

buy him one of these...
[Linked Image]

Aint nobody "rounding up" [bleep] from 62 million people.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/18/12

I hope so. that will make the attempt even more futile. I hope the go after revolvers and shotguns and fk airsoft guns. I hope they try to ban sticks shapd like guns...nerf, water pistols.
I hope they get on TV and let America hear how fking stupid they are to think they can do anything about 350,000,000 + firearms in the hands of 1/3 of the population. thats a pretty large fkin demographic group.
Agree with that.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
On second thought.......

I'd rather Ruger decide not to make the SR-556 than the government. If it's all about freedom, then they should be free to sell what they want.

At least it doesn't chip away at 2A, just their market share...
Comradette Laurenski,
Come on by Dherzhinski Square, we have some vodka for you.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I sent them an e-mail. I'll post if I get a response.

My Google-fu is strong, and I can't find even a suggestion that Ruger is stopping anything.

see this: http://news.investors.com/business/...-sturm-ruger-smith-and-wesson-plunge.htm

Anybody seen anything one way or the other about Ruger?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
[quote=dogcatcher223]I know a cop who is actually stressing about all this. He told a friend that they are scared they are going to be told to go round up certain guns. He said the whole force will quit, because he isn't taking a bullet over this.[/quote

Actually a few of our guys were talking about that with the capt. Tonight at roll call. I think 90% of the dept owns atleast one aR platform, I have two. My doublestar, m4. And a rock river Fred eichler, that I use to hunt predators....sh don't tell that to the senator who said noone hunts with an AR. Our capts words to us were that should an order ever come like that it is our jobs to uphold the constituion of the United States.

I just got butchered by a doctor today , Im in a lot of pain but alcohol and pain killers help. You sir just made me LMFAO.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

I just got butchered by a doctor today , Im in a lot of pain but alcohol and pain killers help. You sir just made me LMFAO.
Hope everything is OK.
I have a friend who bought a SR-556 when they were first released. He is pissed because he has been to 3 gunshows and can't get half what he paid for it.

As far as the Mini 14 goes its crude when compared to an AR-15. They were not bad when you could buy one for $350.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
[quote) Our capts words to us were that should an order ever come like that it is our jobs to uphold the constituion of the United States. [/quote]

And I hope his next words were: to go and arrest those in government willing to impose such an illegal act.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12

Exactly! And may I add that Colt or Ruger were never our friends in the gun rights fight.

If you don't think our enemies haven't learned anything from the last AWB, you are sadly mistaken or stupid.

Diane Feinswine was on the Sunday morning talking heads show speaking about how she had been working on a new AWB bill for over the last year, waiting fopr the right time to file it.

Now you have to ask your self what was the right time to file in her mind? Contingent on Obama's reelection? Or perhaps a deep enough pool of blood to dance around in? In either case, she has gotten her "right time" and the battle is going to get ugly.

You can also bet that she has probably enlisted the help of traitorous advisors who actually know guns to help her out on the wording and you can also be that magazines and cosmetic features aren't going to be the only thing affected by her proposed bill. It will also address function which was what the enemy camp was later disappointed about over the bill when it finally went into effect.

And to all you treasonous, elitist [bleep]' Fudds out there that are ready to throw us under the bus, just remember that your precious bolt-action hunting rifles were the the assault weapons of their day and that every advancement made in firearms technology was motivated by military need and application.

So you need to decide now whether you are going to stand with us to defend all gun rights or you aere going to let us twist in the breeze. Because you can bet your ass that as soon as the precedent has been set for a ban on one class of firearms, they'll come after your's next.
Originally Posted by gitem_12
[quote=dogcatcher223]I know a cop who is actually stressing about all this. He told a friend that they are scared they are going to be told to go round up certain guns. He said the whole force will quit, because he isn't taking a bullet over this.[/quote

Actually a few of our guys were talking about that with the capt. Tonight at roll call. I think 90% of the dept owns atleast one aR platform, I have two. My doublestar, m4. And a rock river Fred eichler, that I use to hunt predators....sh don't tell that to the senator who said noone hunts with an AR. Our capts words to us were that should an order ever come like that it is our jobs to uphold the constituion of the United States.
Good for him.
I have a friend who bought a SR-556 when they were first released. He is pissed because he has been to 3 gunshows and can't get half what he paid for it.

As far as the Mini 14 goes its crude when compared to an AR-15. They were not bad when you could buy one for $350.
Back then, $350 was worth about $1500 in today's dollars.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

So you need to decide now whether you are going to stand with us to defend all gun rights or you aere going to let us twist in the breeze. Because you can bet your ass that as soon as the precedent has been set for a ban on one class of firearms, they'll come after your's next.
Absolutely right.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
TRH, I have to say I agree with a few things in here you have said, and i think that means I.need a vacation.
I am going to call them tomorrow and voice my concerns.
It does chip away at the second amendment in a sense; Ruger is basically throwing in the towel and giving the Anti's a walk to first base. It makes Ruger look like they were doing something wrong or manufacturing a rifle not suitable for anyone except mass murderers. It's a very stupid move, but I guess they are trying to stop the drop in share prices for their stock.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
Not to mention that Ruger is also based in CT.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
Time to send emails....
I was gonna buy an SP101 for CCW, but if this turns out to be true, I won't be giving Ruger any of my money.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Back then, $350 was worth about $1500 in today's dollars.

agreed!
Posted By: ringworm Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
I can tell you because I still have the recipt, that in 1993 a 6601 Colt cost $649 + Tax.

And arent ruger mini's still $350-$400?

I have always liked the mini BECAUSE is doesnt look black. The same reason I like SKS rifles.
A cursory clance from an onlooker doesnt cause them to dive behind a wall and dial 911. It looks like a "huntin rifle".
And like it or not public perception can hurt us.

buy him one of these...
[Linked Image]

Aint nobody "rounding up" [bleep] from 62 million people.

Damn right!!! I just bought another 9mm and will be getting some more hi cap mags too.....
Damn right!!! I just bought another 9mm and will be getting some more hi cap mags too.....

Join the fools. have you ever needed a hi cap Mag? get f'n real.
Send $$ to the victims fund. Listen to what comes from this story.
Posted By: Pete E Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by RWE

Given that in the early days, the Mod 70 was issued to the USMC as a sniper rifle, I wonder if he will be selling his and getting say a Model 94?

But wait, they were issued to the US Army at one stage...perhaps he should get a black powder front stuffer?? Nope, seems folks used these to kill each other in great numbers also..

Join the fools. have you ever needed a hi cap Mag? get f'n real.
Send $$ to the victims fund. Listen to what comes from this story.

You are a troll and do nothing but stir up trouble. Just leave like the others have...We don't need your kind here!! POS..
You need to hear it, sonny.
Posted By: keekeerun Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
The fox news last night said obama was gonna stand with fienstein and will ban "ALL GUNS"this time!
Especially those "evil handguns"
Posted By: rost495 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12

What you need to hear is a good dose of common sense.

Its the indian and not the arrow dude. When you figure that out you can come on back... in the meantime you need to do some learning.
Posted By: tylerw02 Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12

Have you ever "needed" that piece of dogshit pre-64?

Weapons are something you buy, hoping you don't NEEDthem.
Originally Posted by Kennesaw
The fox news last night said obama was gonna stand with fienstein and will ban "ALL GUNS"this time!

Good.
I have been waitifor this chit for years.
My generations prohibition. I am gonna be fking rich like the kennedies and my granchildren will be politicans and presidents.
Go to go order that lathe and case of gorrilla glue so I can start making AK's.
I'm RICH B1TCH!!
Still nothing from Ruger?
Ruger is in Southport about 40 miles south of newtown.They are stunned and stung. Imo
Posted By: noKnees Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
The SR-556 is a small thing for Ruger, considering its market share Ruger wouldn't be amiss in dropping it if the AR-15 market went south, so its not crazy that Ruger might have evaluated the costs of stopping production.

As for a press release, I can't see much up side for a gun maker putting its name out there right now whether is annoucing dropping a product or standing by one. More likely Ruger is seeing which way the wind is blowing.

I doubt that Ruger is that stunned, Yes they are close to Newtown, but they have had several days to think things through and come up with a set of responses. As far as legislation and any possible changes those are still unclear so its likely wait and see at Ruger. Smart move if you ask me.
Ruger manufactures almost everything in AZ, if I recall correctly.
The Boss was from Southport.
Ruger is in Southport about 40 miles south of newtown.They are stunned and stung. Imo

Stunned and stung from what?

Ford and Chevy quit building cars because they were used in DUIs? Pharmacies close because of illegal drug use? And so on.

Were I ruger, I'd offer nothing other than we are sorry to hear about the murder of innocent people by a deranged lunatic.
Has nothing to do with the guns.

Now how is the fishing?
Originally Posted by 270Mag
Not anti-Second Amendment. Just anti assault rifle. Never agreed with the proliferation of the damned things.

Here's the "conservative-republican former USAF serviceman, NRA-member pro-gun" 270Mag's e-mail to me earlier.
Originally Posted by Kennesaw

Good.
I have been waitifor this chit for years.
My generations prohibition. I am gonna be fking rich like the kennedies and my granchildren will be politicans and presidents.
Go to go order that lathe and case of gorrilla glue so I can start making AK's.
I'm RICH B1TCH!!

If they ban all guns, its time to ban all politicians.
The NRA, Bushmaster, Ruger etc, ought to release a statement that mentions every current law that this psychopath broke in commiting this crime.
Originally Posted by 270Mag
Not anti-Second Amendment. Just anti assault rifle. Never agreed with the proliferation of the damned things.

Here's the "conservative-republican former USAF serviceman, NRA-member pro-gun" 270Mag's e-mail to me earlier.

Wonder what assault weapon the nazis mainly used in WW2......people are just stupid. They can't see through the fog.
Not nuts, stupid.
STG 44?
That wasn't standard, bud.
Just trying to use some of that military trivia I've got kicking around in my head.
coulda went there too, was in my mind when posting, didn't figure a fellow campfire member would feel the need to pick nits.

But yes, certainly not standard issue at all.
Originally Posted by rost495
coulda went there too, was in my mind when posting, didn't figure a fellow campfire member would feel the need to pick nits.

But yes, certainly not standard issue at all.

Don't worry, I got your back on where you were going. Like I said to 65x47L that was mostly me getting to pull a piece of usually useless trivia out of my muddled mess of a brain. smile
It was bolt-action wink.
Ruger caved before their is no reason they shouldn't cave again. They just need to smell a government contract promise under their nose.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Ruger caved before their is no reason they shouldn't cave again. They just need to smell a government contract promise under their nose.

Ruger caved? Caved to what?

Travis
Posted By: 700LH Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/19/12
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Ruger received criticism from gun owners for suggesting that rather than ban guns, that Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[8] On March 30, 1989, Bill Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_B._Ruger
Anybody have their email address?
You have to go to the site, hit the contact tab on the top right, talk to the CEO, and an on-line form drops down.
Originally Posted by 700LH

Travis

Ruger received criticism from gun owners for suggesting that rather than ban guns, that Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[8] On March 30, 1989, Bill Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger[9]

Reading his crap again twists my gut into knots knowing well he sold gun owners down the road for no reason other than to maintain his profits.
Ruger has no press release stating anyting of the sort.
So far this is just rumor ran on emotion.
Could be or not, 24hour rumor mill at work
To my knowledge the only government contract ruger ever held was the P89's they sold to the Marshalls a decade ago.
Its not like they have the ability or capacity to actually make a product that would pass military test trails. Can you imagine running the mini through the T&E for an army contract?
Email sent to Ruger.
SR-556 Carbine is still listed on their web site with a order tab

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr556Carbine/models.html

Isn't gonna matter now, cause the world damn world is gonna end day after tomorrow, Aztecs say so, and like big foot you know it's so.

I received this email response from Mike Filson at Ruger

"I think everyone should take a cautious approach to believing internet rumors. This one is false, as I imagine most rumors are these days.

Posted By: ringworm Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/20/12
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
I received this email response from Mike Filson at Ruger

"I think everyone should take a cautious approach to believing internet rumors. This one is false, as I imagine most rumors are these days.

How do we know that your post is true and you didnt make it up? confused
wgaff, It's nice to hear you whacko's dissing Bill Ruger. Good to know. And who are you? who?
Posted By: ribka Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/21/12
wgaff, It's nice to hear you whacko's dissing Bill Ruger. Good to know. And who are you? who?

the difference between the 556 and Ruger mini 14 ranch rifle is?
one of the two, is accurate.....
Posted By: djs Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/21/12
Originally Posted by huntsman22
one of the two, is accurate.....

and it sure isn't the Mini 14. 4" groups on a good day for mine.
Posted By: ribka Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/21/12
Mine, a newer one, 1 to 2 inches with no mods. Does not shoot as well as my rock river but was half the price
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/21/12

If I want you to open your mouth, I'll take my dick out.

Merry Christmas,
Travis
Originally Posted by 700LH

Travis

William B. Ruger[9]

Roger that. I thought we were conceding Ruger dropped the 556.

Which I believe is a pile of horseschit.

Travis
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/21/12
Originally Posted by ribka

the difference between the 556 and Ruger mini 14 ranch rifle is?

One is a money maker, one is a money loser. I talked to an "anonymous source" inside Ruger a couple of months ago and he mentioned the 556. The 556 has been a miserable failure for Ruger. The discussion of canning it has been an internal issue at Ruger LONG before this particular incident. If they can it, it�s for monetary reasons more than political. If they announce it now, then that�s pretty chitty of Ruger for gun owners and the industry in general.
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
One is a money maker, one is a money loser. I talked to an "anonymous source" inside Ruger a couple of months ago and he mentioned the 556. The 556 has been a miserable failure for Ruger. The discussion of canning it has been an internal issue at Ruger LONG before this particular incident. If they can it, it�s for monetary reasons more than political. If they announce it now, then that�s pretty chitty of Ruger for gun owners and the industry in general.

I hope your double-secret-probation source is better than ringworm's.

Travis

Travis

Honestly not so much a �source� as someone I shared a meal with some months back. We�re not buddies and I wouldn�t feel like I could just call him up and ask him questions. But at dinner we did talk guns quite a bit. He is a Browning Hi Power fan, so he did much of the question asking and me the answering. He�s in their finance department, so he�s not an engineer or anything like that. But I did ask him about how well the 556 was selling because I personally didn�t see it as attractively priced, and that�s the story he gave me�.FWIW. I don�t see any reason why he would lie to me, but he could just be wrong. Anecdotally though, I find his side of things very plausible. I don�t know ANYONE who has a Ruger 556, nor do I know anyone who even wants one. On various forums, you rarely if ever see mention of them, so that tells me that his story makes sense to me at least.
Well if I were a betting man, I would bet every 556 on any shelf right now is in grave danger of being purchased.

Travis
Well if I were a betting man, I would bet every 556 on any shelf right now is in grave danger of being purchased.

Travis
Yeah, right now I'd bet you're right.

So, your weapons can't kill anyone. Must not have firing pins, although you could bludgeon someone to death. People kill people, you sniveling, pathetic moron. To quote Kid Shaleen (aka, Lee Marvin), "Guns, bottles, fists, knives, clubs. All the same to me. All the same to you?"
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/22/12
She must refuse to own a shillelagh.

Travis
Posted By: ringworm Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/22/12

Travis

I guess we will see. My "inside guy" doesnt have a reason to let rumors fly.
I couldnt care either way. Since that monumental FK stick of a turd trigger wound up inside the 77 I havent considered owning a ruger product. forget the overpriced doublestar they are calling the SR556 or the wonderful mini14/ door stop.
in fact the only thing ruger makes thats worth 2 chits is the SP and GP revolvers. IN MY OPINION!
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger to drop the SR-556 - 12/22/12
Ok.

Travis
© 24hourcampfire