Home
Ruger has a form letter on their homepage that is really quick and easy to fill out and will automatically send it to your local representatives, senators, president, etc. We really need to inundate the government with letters, emails, etc. requesting that our Second Amendment rights not be infringed and this is one easy way to do it.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/
Done.
The same Ruger that quit selling AR's to the public?? I figured them for commies.
You figured wrong. Now, send the messages that matter. wink
did!
Done,
Posted By: Tracks Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Next thing is Ruger will sell all that personal information and all of you will be overwhelmed by people begging for money.

Done
Done
Fastest way to send to all these representatives at once. Done.
Done. Thank you for the link.
Posted By: nash22 Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done
Done.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Copied your link and sent to my email - first thing on my list in the am.

Thx,
Bob
Posted By: CCCC Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done - thanks.
Did Ruger stop production of AR's??
done
sent. nice link
Done..... Very smart move by Ruger.....
Posted By: 700LH Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Bad rumors never die.

Ruger SR-556 Carbine
Thank You to the OP for the link, I have added my info and will pass it on. Larry.
Posted By: Nate40 Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done
Done.

Thanks for the link.
Posted By: 4xbear Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Copied your link and sent to my email - first thing on my list in the am.

Thx,
Bob
same here.
Posted By: ring3 Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Completed. Thanks for the info.
Done.
Posted By: 35 Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done.
Also emailed a link to all of the gun owners in my address book
Posted By: jdm953 Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Bump
Originally Posted by Tracks
Next thing is Ruger will sell all that personal information and all of you will be overwhelmed by people begging for money.

Ruger states that none of the information is being saved. I, for one, felt that I had to trust them. I believe that, going forward, all gun owners and manufacturers need to be united and work together and, as a whole, let our government know that we will not let our 2nd Amendment rights be impacted without a fight. And, let's face it, most of the people in Washington are more worried about keeping their jobs than anything else which means that if they think their actions will result in their being voted out of office the next time around, they will have second thoughts about how the vote on any new legislation. This type of thing (a barrage of emails, letters, phone calls, etc. from constituents) may be the thing that gives them the second thoughts.

Please try to get family members and friends to also complete the form letter. I have friends/family who are not gun owners who still believe (some strongly even if they do not own a gun) that people have a right to own guns but may not take the time to do something like this (complete the letter) or may not even think to do it. WE NEED TO SEND A MESSAGE TO WASHINGTON!
Originally Posted by Tracks
1) Quit being so danged paranoid. 2) Big friggin' deal if I've got to spam a few things-if this can do anythings towards not losing our rights, it's well worth it.

Thanks for the link-I sent the letter.
Posted By: Hawken Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done.thanks
Ruger makes it pretty easy to get an excellent message to a lot of lawmakers.

Good on Ruger.

Hope everyone at the Fire will participate.

Steve
Posted By: Mink Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
tag- so I can find it later, blocked at work.
You do know that the people in Washington don't bother to open up these gang Emails. They are deleted as soon as they appear.
jim
Originally Posted by arkypete
You do know that the people in Washington don't bother to open up these gang Emails. They are deleted as soon as they appear.
jim

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions? I am open to anything (legal, of course) that would make our representatives in Washington listen to us.
Done
I've already done all the above, without a form letter, but its nice to see that Ruger evidently learned something from the last time they stabbed gun owners in the back and damn near gutted us.

I may well consider buying a ruger again after reading all this.

Good job on their part as long as they firmly stand their ground and don't cave on ANY of the issues.
Add me to the list. And thanks for the link. Forwarded it to my contacts.
Done
Done and forwarded to friends/family.
DONE.
jim
Boy, just gotta love that "glass is always half empty" attitude. Biatchin' about it accomplishes abosolutely nothing. It took me a whole 30 seconds to send that letter. Apparently you don't have that much time to help a cause!
done
Posted By: Ron Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done...make sure you add it to Facebook if you're registered and send to everyone on your email list.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
jim
Boy, just gotta love that "glass is always half empty" attitude. Biatchin' about it accomplishes abosolutely nothing. It took me a whole 30 seconds to send that letter. Apparently you don't have that much time to help a cause!

I will be that most congress critters start their day with an aid telling them which way emails and phone calls are going on key issues. and those congress critters who are in the middle likely shape there message and vote to some extent on this type of data. I would agree that calls are likely more effective than bulk emails but it all helps.
Done, cool link.
DONE.
Done? I think. I clicked submit but it doesn't do anything.
Posted By: tommyv Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done. Thanks
Done
Done
Posted By: jnyork Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done. Emailed the link, etc, to everyone on my list.
Originally Posted by Woodzloafer
jim

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions? I am open to anything (legal, of course) that would make our representatives in Washington listen to us.

Do you remember the movie Cool Hand Luke? If so, do you remember when Luke was in the ditch crying and begging. Please don't beat me, boss please don't beat me, boss. It is my opinion that it is pretty much to that point with all of our politicians. And even after you do get their attention. Smart money would be to continue to make them shake the bush. I don't think there is a lot of hope with any of them.

Take care, Willie
Thanks for the link
Done and forwarded
Done
Originally Posted by noKnees
I will be that most congress critters start their day with an aid telling them which way emails and phone calls are going on key issues. and those congress critters who are in the middle likely shape there message and vote to some extent on this type of data. I would agree that calls are likely more effective than bulk emails but it all helps.

Thats the way I understand it. They probably don't read the emails in detail but they do have staffers that skim them just enough to categorize them - for this, against that, whatever. Whenever I've emailed my congress critters it's short and sweet - "Dear So and so*, I urge you to support passage of House Bill 1234, or I urge you to vote NO on bill 4321. Thank you. Signed, Me."

This also gives them a pretty good sample of how the larger public thinks. For every 1 person who sends an email there are probably 4 or 5 who think that way but didn't bother. It was the same with letters to the editor when those were a major means of expressing opinion.

It might be marginally more effective to send your own email, but since a politician's very livelihood depends on knowing which way the wind blows so he/she will know which lies to tell, I'm pretty sure they do take note of these.

*"Dear so and so" seems to work better than my first choice, which was "Dear Scum Sucking, Lying Piece of Sh*t"
A few million signatures is a voice.
The internet runs on spam!
Done
Done, and I passed it on to my entire email contact list. Smart move by Ruger IMHO.
Done and shared on facebook!
Done!
Posted By: cbass Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done! My reps are going to get really tired of my emails. I've fired off more emails in the last month than I have rounds of ammo. I shared this on Facebook and other forums I'm a member of. I encourage others to do the same. This is a really easy way to send your reps an email. Somebody that can comment on youtube should share this with people like hickok45 who have a ton of viewers.
You're thinking of the old Ruger when Bill was boss. He thought he was a pragmatist and was willing to bend. This is from the new Ruger that has learned that compromise means that you give the gun controllers all that they want. We ain't going there again.
Posted By: cbass Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
I also emailed the link to Tom Gresham, maybe he will let people know about it on his GunTalk podcast.
jim

You're wrong.
Already sent letters to all three of them. Strangely enough, the only response I got was from the Democrat.

Originally Posted by gmsemel

Yeah. So does this guy.

[Linked Image]
Done.
Posted By: Itasca Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
DONE!
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Yeah. So does this guy.

[Linked Image]

I can dig it!
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Yeah. So does this guy.

[Linked Image]

IS THAT ERIC HOLDER'S DISGUISE IN THE FAST AND FURIOUS FIASCO???
Good minute spent, Thanks for posting this......The Ruger Company's stick floats pretty damned high in this country, rumor mill inuendo notwithstanding.

GTC

Thank you for taking action on this important issue.

Your message for "Gun Owner Call to Action" was sent on 01/12/2013 11:15 AM to the following recipients: Robert Meza (D-AZ), Gail Griffin (R-AZ), Chad Campbell (D-AZ), David Stevens (R-AZ), Debbie McCune-Davis (D-AZ), David Gowan (R-AZ), Jan Brewer (R-AZ), Tom Horne (R-AZ), Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ), Rep. Ron Barber (D-AZ), President Barack Obama, Vice President Joseph Biden, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ), Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ).
Posted By: Mink Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/12/13
Done
Done. Send link to all your friends. Hasbeen
Posted By: RyanTX Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/13/13
done
Done with sight forwarded to several friends/relatives.
Done
done
Posted By: EWY Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/13/13
Done this morning. Thanks for the link.

Ernie
Done...
Done
Posted By: cbass Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/13/13
This seems to making it's way around the internet sites I visit on a regular basis. Glad to see it. It's just so dang easy to use.
done!
Done
Bump
Posted By: BLRNut Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/13/13
Done
When I sent mine the count was approx. 41,000 NOW it is over 95,000

Keep up the good work guys & gals.
Done and forwarded to friends and family.
Done and sent it on to everyone in my address book. Magnum Man
Posted By: tomk Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/13/13
done and sent on
Done
Done. Thanks for posting that link.
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
When I sent mine the count was approx. 41,000 NOW it is over 95,000

Keep up the good work guys & gals.

When I posted the link, I believe it was around 3,000 and now it's close to 100K - I would like to see it go to 1 million - can we (gun owners) do it????
Action taken.
C'mon, keep it going!
Done!
Done!
Posted By: cbass Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/14/13
I just now realized they had a counter up on the site. It's up to 168K now.
Posted By: LBP Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/14/13
Done
Thanks for the sticky Rick.
Posted By: MarkR Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/14/13
Done
Done. Over 195,000 now.
Done!
Posted By: acy Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/14/13
Done.
Posted By: tdbob Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/14/13
That was easy.
Posted By: 4xbear Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/14/13
when I submitted mine I sent the link to all in my addy book. Over 206K at the moment.
Originally Posted by 4xbear
when I submitted mine I sent the link to all in my addy book. Over 206K at the moment.

Wow, there was quite a jump between the 196+ thousand when I submitted and when you did just a short time later.
Done, nice and easy too
Has anyone gotten a response from a recipent of this email? Nothing in my in box..... It's almost like they don't care....
Thanks to Rick and Ruger on this! Looks like there will be a new Ruger #1A in my future!
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
The same Ruger that quit selling AR's to the public?? I figured them for commies.

Same ruger that had a hand in the last gun bans? Commy bastard!

Ruger received criticism from gun owners for suggesting that rather than ban guns, that Congress should outlaw magazines holding more than 15 rounds.[8] On March 30, 1989, Bill Ruger sent a letter to every member of the US Congress stating:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

William B. Ruger[9]

There damn rifles can't shoot worth a crap either!
Done
Done.
Done.
Posted By: a12 Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/15/13
Bump
Done.
Done

The Ruger website wa at 376k+.

This has to be filling up some mailboxes.
Posted By: RRA223 Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/16/13
Add 1 more to the list.
Posted By: battue Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/16/13
Finished, but don't quit here. It's going to take a lot more. Get involved, join the NRA if you already have not. Encourage others to do so. Sign up your Children and Grandchildren. Introduce others to the shooting sports. Numbers and the vote wins; anythings else is chaos.
Done.
Hoping to see 1/2 million by the end of the week.
Posted By: KR13 Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/17/13
While this is a pretty good letter, the fly in the ointment is the mental health part. The background check part is not that great either and twice as bad would be both tied together. While it's a great idea in theory the unintended consequences could be devastating. The #1 example that comes to mind is veterans returning from war who may of been diagnosed with PTSD. Should they be denied their rights? Who determines what conditions disqualify a person from owning a gun. Hope its not the mental health professionals. I have a brother who works in the mental health field and he came out of school a flaming libtard. Just saying think about what you ask for you just may get it. To me the proper course of action is to just do nothing. The ****** who committed the atrocities at Sandy Hook broke quite a few laws before he ever stepped foot in the school. I'm not convinced more laws would of helped.
Posted By: cbass Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/17/13
It's at 450k roughly right now. Ruger needs some serious thanks for this. Hope to see more gun makers put some weight behind stopping this. Any sell outs need to be boycotted hard.
Awesome link. Done, and thanks for posting it. I forwarded it to all my family...
Done. Thanks, OP.
done
Posted By: cbass Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/20/13
The speed the counter is ticking up has slowed. It's sitting at 590k right now. It sends 11? emails per hit I'm guessing, so 6.5 million emails roughly. Pretty impressive.
done
Posted By: EWY Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/24/13
I received a reply to this letter from our Lt. Governor. Looks like these letters are read.

Ernie
Originally Posted by luv2safari
You figured wrong. Now, send the messages that matter. wink

Yes, absolutely.
Originally Posted by Woodzloafer
Ruger has a form letter on their homepage that is really quick and easy to fill out and will automatically send it to your local representatives, senators, president, etc. We really need to inundate the government with letters, emails, etc. requesting that our Second Amendment rights not be infringed and this is one easy way to do it.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/

Thanks. Good job and welcome to the 24HCF.
Posted By: rifle Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/24/13
I have received several emails from my local,but nothing from the White House? They are being read,even it the reply's are in form...
Originally Posted by rifle
I have received several emails from my local,but nothing from the White House? They are being read,even it the reply's are in form...

So far I've received a letter from my district Congressman and a response from my Governor's office.

In an effort to spread this easy to use form around for more exposure, I posted it on my Facebook page. I know there are quite a few FB users here at the 'fire. Wouldn't hurt a thing if we all did likewise.
Posted By: cbass Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/27/13
Facebook is generally stupid, however it is a good way to share things quickly.
Done! Thanks!
Done, Thanks for posting!
Posted By: wpgtkd Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 01/28/13
Done..Thanks
I'm on it. This bullchit of re-writing the Constitution to satisfy a few is a bunch of krap.
Just a note, the count is now at 916,150. If as speculated earlier 11 emails per, that would be 10,077,650 emails to date. Way to go Ruger.
It would be nice if a few other manufacturers would do the same with slightly different messaging. If we all did it every month we could keep near 10 million emails a month.
Thanks for the link! I have sent this message every morning since I found out about it...and sent the link to my e-mail list.
Originally Posted by crazyhorse

They didn't stop selling AR's to the public...
They made a business decision to hold back manufacturing MORE AR's for the market until the politican scene leveled off.
Why make a warehouse full of guns that they may have to eat?
No reason not to do this guys, get it done!
Thank you. Done.

-Ken

Posted By: Bryant Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 02/24/13
Done, Several times
Below is the response I received this morning from Harry Reid

Dear Mr. ******:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views regarding gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.

As a gun owner, I welcomed the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller, which made clear that every law abiding citizen has an individual constitutional right to keep and bear arms. We must work to protect this right by enforcing laws that keep guns away from terrorists and criminals. However, the rights of responsible gun owners should not be compromised by individuals who use firearms to commit crimes. Please be assured that I have noted your views regarding this issue, and that I will continue to use my leadership position in the Senate to defend the Second Amendment and to protect the interests of Nevada's gun owners.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
HARRY REID
United States Senator
Done
Did it. Liked it. Will do it again.
Done
Done and sent to all of my email contacts.

W. Bill
Kirkland WA
Received a from letter form Sen. Patty Murray saying absolutely nothing regarding the email I sent.
Just generic gobbledygook.
About the same from Maria Cantdowell, just a computer generated form letter.
It's a shame
Rem6mm,
Not an unusual response. You will get a better response if you now send a short note thanking the politician for the response and clearly asking your question again.
I also add a closing line that protecting all of my Constitutionally guaranteed rights is a critically important part of their job. What are (insert their name) doing to protect against infringement?
Consider this an opportunity to begin and maintain a continuing dialog.
More of us need to invest a $.45 stamp and a short note, in addition to emails. Every bureacrat is sensitive to a paper trail, many are not yet upt to speed with "digital" paper trails.
Done!
Nice pic...
done
Posted By: 7iron Re: RUGER WEBSITE - FORM LETTER - 04/24/13
Done
Ruger has a new one out, to fix the NICS, and fight the new background check legislation. Here is the link.

RugerfixNICS
© 24hourcampfire