Home
Posted By: Adkstalker New York ammo question - 01/16/13
just spitballin' here...but if you live in NY and be lucky enough to be close to a neighboring state, why wouldnt you just buy your ammo there and [bleep] the registration??

Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
I travel to PA often and will stock up while there
Posted By: bbassi Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
SHHHH. Dude. Don't help the politicians. They're too stupid to figure that out yet. Hell I know people willing to drive 2!/2 hours round trip to buy Indian cigarets and screw this state. I have no doubt the NY FFLs are going to get hurt bad by this BS.
Posted By: Adkstalker Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
I used to live north of Albany....telling my friends to make an ammo run to VT!

the whole thing is ridiculous....but, just read Barry has his announcement tomorrow for the rest of us
I missed the olden days of running moonshine by a long shot. Wonder if I could make a living running ammo..?

wink

Posted By: Blackheart Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
I already make frequent runs to PA for tobacco, {Skoal is 1.59 per tin vs 6.59 here in tax hell NY} fireworks and black powder. Might as well add ammo to the list.
Posted By: 99tguy Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
i order alot of ammo from midway @ gunbroker i guess thats DONE. might have to get into reloading if that is still aloud in NY???
Good luck getting primers now.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
Kinda like going to Nevada to gamble, Idaho for lottery tickets, or Wyoming for 6% beer and fireworks, but no one from Utah would ever do that... whistle
Heard a Dem Rep saying ammo could be ordered internet but had to ship to a dealer and then NICs check done....
Posted By: RJY66 Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
Wonder what the fees related to the background check for ammo are going to be?
Posted By: mudder700 Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
this whole freaking issue is bullshit,unfortunately,we had it shoved down our throats whether we liked it or not,I say reload our own ammo and buy up all the components you can find,because I think you will see Barry do the same crap tommorrow
Posted By: savage223 Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
I think it is going to $10 for background check for ammo.
Posted By: jdunham Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Heard a Dem Rep saying ammo could be ordered internet but had to ship to a dealer and then NICs check done....

Just order it through the dealer then. That is the dumbest [bleep] thing I have heard. Luckily I live 5 minutes from the PA border and will be buying any ammunition I buy there. I am hoping this internet thing doesn't include reloading supplies.
Posted By: mudder700 Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
going through any retailer or dealer,they are going to have to electronically notify the state with quantities,so big brother will know exactley what you have...buy it now if you can find it,they say it might take up to a year to get this up and going...buy it now...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by savage223

Per transaction?

Gunner
Originally Posted by gunner500

Per transaction?

Gunner

Probably. Most FFL's charge $25-$50 for a Fiream transfer, which we will have to do with any private sale. All part of making this cost us more.
Sooo glad I reload ...need to get .45ACP and .40S&W dies now
That will be great for the guy buying a $6 box off .22 lr
Does anyone know if this just applies to ammunition or are reloading components included?
Posted By: 99tguy Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
really goen to slow things down at gunshows ill take that box of 300 savage an ther is a $10 backround check. got a feeling ur not goen to find an deals anymore?
Posted By: 7mmStwer Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
How about private sales from here on the Campfire?? I have bought lots of ammo here. Would that break this new law or is only if you are purchasing from a retailer??? Of course, tons of ways around this crap.
Originally Posted by jdunham
Does anyone know if this just applies to ammunition or are reloading components included?
No mention of powder or components
I am sure they will come after the reloading components eventually.
I don't think they know about reloading components yet....and if they know, I'm sure they think it would be just a fringe group.
Sooo glad I reload ...need to get .45ACP and .40S&W dies now

I got 'em, send me your brass and bullets and I'll load 'em up for ya and bring 'em to the hog hunt.

Gunner
Posted By: ingwe Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
I missed the olden days of running moonshine by a long shot. Wonder if I could make a living running ammo..?

wink

You could run components...of any kind...
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

wink

You could run components...of any kind...

I can see DW in a new reality TV show humpin' powder kegs and bullets. grin

Gunner
Posted By: ribka Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by jdunham
No mention of powder or components

SSSHHHHH

I doubt the non gun owning libtard politicians know ammo can be home brewed. When they do there will be additional crack downs and taxes.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by 99tguy
really goen to slow things down at gunshows ill take that box of 300 savage an ther is a $10 backround check. got a feeling ur not goen to find an deals anymore?

There never WAS a deal at gunshows, by the time you pay the promoter to get in, pay to park, etc, you've already used up all the savings you were ever gonna get.
Posted By: Adkstalker Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

lol thats a good one...and possibly true
Posted By: RDFinn Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13

Lee 24 ?

Originally Posted by ribka
who is this guy? laugh

Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]
laugh
Posted By: Heavyjim Re: New York ammo question - 01/16/13