Home
Oops! Seems they forgot to exempt that royal class, law enforcement!

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=8958116

Additions to be made to gun laws for law enforcement

Updated at 06:42 PM today

Jim Hoffer
News Team
Eyewitness News

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A troubling oversight has been found within New York State's sweeping new gun laws.

The ban on having high-capacity magazines, as it's written, would also include law enforcement officers.

Magazines with more than seven rounds will be illegal under the new law when that part takes effect in March.

As the statute is currently written, it does not exempt law enforcement officers.

Nearly every law enforcement agency in the state carries hand guns that have a 15 round capacity.

A spokesman for the governor's office called Eyewitness News to say, "We are still working out some details of the law and the exemption will be included, currently no police officer is in violation."

The Patrolman's Benevolent Association President released a statement saying, "The PBA is actively working to enact changes to this law that will provide the appropriate exemptions from the law for active and retired law enforcement officers."

State Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"
There is no reason they should change the law, remember this new gun control is supposed to make the streets safer, at least that's how it was sold...
That's right - they count "good riddance" shootings in the stats and claim that it is bad when criminals get shot.

So the cops having reduced mag capacities ought to save some of those 0bongo supporters too.
NYC cops won't ever hit anything.
What makes them think the retired guys are any better than non-cops? And active cops should only get an exemption for mags carried while on duty.

Damn politicians anyhow!

Dale
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Ernie
Originally Posted by EWY
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Ernie

It's actually "sauce for the goose" but I agree with you.
Just think how safe it would be if they banned all guns so the cops wouldn't need to carry them anymore.... :-P
Originally Posted by ringworm

That's why they need the extra ammo........lol
Originally Posted by RDFinn

But they're better than NJ cops.
On a serious note - that is a prime example of why legislation should never be penned behind closed doors and only brought out minutes before a vote. Legislation should be proposed, debated, amended and then voted on, up or down.

That's why we're still finding out all the loopholes and stupid ridiculous stuff in Obamacare. And now in the Fiscal cliff deal. Make a deal in private and rush it out at the 11th hour without being able to read or debate it....
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Not from the footage I've seen

Not from the footage I've seen
All non-NJ cops are better than NJ cops, though. Must have something to do with Jersey smelling like fart. How do you guys stand that? Or do you get used to it after a while?
You drunk ?
You drunk ?
Are you saying New Jersey doesn't smell like a huge fart? I have to drive through it every time I visit my folks on Long Island. What the hell is that from? Regular exposure to it has to cause brain damage eventually, no?
If they didn't change the law, it would almost gaurantee that NY Po Po would end up with 1911's and .357 Magnum revolvers again.

Personally, I wouldn't mind going to work with either of those, but not at the behest of [bleep] legislation that they threw together.
Oh, I know where you're talking about now....I-95. That is enough to make you throw-up isn't it.
Oh, I know where you're talking about now....I-95. That is enough to make you throw-up isn't it.
No, right around Bernardsville.

grin

Just giving you a hard time.
The 686 was one of my favorites. The 1911 would have been the cat arse.
No, right around Bernardsville.

grin

Just giving you a hard time.

We pipe in our air from Hawaii and self contain it in Bernardsville........... grin
The law applies equally to everyone, but some are more equal than others.

Looks like the goose got ahead of the gander. laugh
Wait until their crime rate surges instead of go down. They are going to have one hell of a lot of pissed people.
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Wait until their crime rate surges instead of go down. They are going to have one hell of a lot of pissed people.

We already have a ton of pissed people. We are a state in turmoil. This was never about crime, it was about Cuomo being "first".
Actually the NY law allows for magazines up to 10 rounds, but it's against the law to load more than 7 rounds into any magazine. No one is stupid enough to think criminals are not going to load more than 7 rounds as they get ready for a stick up, so the only explanation for this law is that liberal lawmakers are mean spirited.

They really hate all gun owners, even law abiding ones. No doubt that explains why the NY newspaper "The Journal News" published the names of people who had gun permits. The left is so full of hate for people who cling to their guns and religion.
Two points. One: the "expert advisor" on gums was a NYSP and the ones writing the bill were demrat politicians. What could go wrong??? I think it is hilarious. Hoist on their own petard. Wait'll a Fed Judge gets his hands on the law itself. It will get shredded.
"Wait'll a Fed Judge gets his hands on the law itself. It will get shredded."

You have no idea how much I hope your right! -TomT
I wonder how much a black market 15 round mag will bring in NY. Or, wait, I forgot; those magazines will be illegal. Because they'll be illegal, there won't be a black market for 'em, just like addicts can't get heroin in NY because it's illegal. I guess NY's new gun law will shut down its black market. We all know that criminals will obey NY's new gun law.
Wow! To kill Amadou Diallo with the new magazines, the cops would have to unloaded almost 6 magazines into the guy.
Assuming the purpose of the 2nd amendment is as it says, defense, the last sentence by the State Senator would seem to be as true for the cops as it would be for the average citizen. He has just made the case for large cap Mags.
Some of the stupids that certain polits have said really have me rolling! grin Such as: What if a Cop,Trooper or FBI agent gets into a gunfight and didn't have enough ammunition?? Gee how did I survive for the first 12 years on the job with a S&W Mod 10-6??? Frankly,90% of the guys I served with couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a mop. The Glocks merely increased the number of misses per minute. Either drop it and bring EVERYBODY up or bring everybody DOWN to the same level. I am fine with either way.

"State Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"

How stupid can a person be? The police are not the only ones who have to face the criminals. Private citizens are generally the ones facing the armed criminals while the crimes are occurring. Why does State Senator Eric Adams want to give more ammo to the criminals while they are committing their crimes?
Originally Posted by Notropis

Private citizens are generally the ones facing the armed criminals while the crimes are occurring. Why does State Senator Eric Adams want to give more ammo to the criminals while they are committing their crimes?

Because he doesn't want the state sponsored criminals to be under gunned. I don't think he is worried about the street criminals [competition] too much.
Eric adams was the head of the "100 Blacks in Law Enforcement" when he was in NYPD. He is a complete lowlife scumbag.
Originally Posted by MacLorry
No one is stupid enough to think criminals are not going to load more than 7 rounds as they get ready for a stick up, .....
Yes they are - they're called 'liberals'...

Liberals = STUPID
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by MacLorry
No one is stupid enough to think criminals are not going to load more than 7 rounds as they get ready for a stick up, .....
Yes they are - they're called 'liberals'...

Liberals = STUPID

Perhaps you're right, but as Kelly Bundy would say "it wobbles the mind".
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Two points. One: the "expert advisor" on gums was a NYSP and the ones writing the bill were demrat politicians. What could go wrong??? I think it is hilarious. Hoist on their own petard. Wait'll a Fed Judge gets his hands on the law itself. It will get shredded.

Judges are nothing more than politicians themselves or worse they are appointed by politicians. Here is how it really works. The state will shop the case to a judge who was appointed by libs and he wont chop anything up. There are no longer checks and balances in our government.
Plaintiff attorney is the one who looks for a Judge. Seen that plenty often enough.
Originally Posted by Adirondackbushwhack
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

Judges are nothing more than politicians themselves or worse they are appointed by politicians. Here is how it really works. The state will shop the case to a judge who was appointed by libs and he wont chop anything up. There are no longer checks and balances in our government.

Does the name "Heller" mean anything to you?
Word is they are contemplating going back to 10 rnds because the 7 rnd BS is so egregious.

This disaster is so bad even the diehard libtards are seeing the coming wreck.
Actually this law is SO trash that I WANT it to go through the courts because it would be unconstitutional at the Supremes and would schitcan just about all of the stupidest laws everywhere. I do think however that we will end up stuck with registration. Sucks but is reality. No cosmetic bullcrap, full mag capacity allowed but registration. THAT is how I see this going down.
© 24hourcampfire