Home
Apparently Ohio State � and college football in general � isn�t very popular in the state of Tennessee.

At least not with the police.

Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni, 65, and her husband were driving home to Plano, Texas from Columbus after attending her mother-in-law�s funeral when a pair of black police SUV�s stopped the couple a few miles outside of Memphis.

�Knowing I wasn�t speeding, I couldn�t imagine why,� Jonas-Boggioni told the Columbus Dispatch. �They were very serious. They had the body armor and the guns.�

On the back of Jonas-Boggioni�s car was a Buckeye leaf decal, similar to the one players� have on their helmets, and cops mistakenly thought it was marijuana leaf.

Yes, really.

�What are you doing with a marijuana sticker on your bumper?� one of the cops asked Jonas-Boggioni.

(AP)After trying to explain that the sticker was not a marijuana leaf and that she and her husband were not trafficking drugs cross-country, the police advised Jonas-Boggioni to remove the sticker as to not cause any more confusion.

You know, just in case there were any other moronic drug cops out there that didn�t actually know what a marijuana leaf looked like.

From the Columbus-Dispatch:

[Jonas-Boggioni] was too rattled to notice what police department the officers represented. But she suspects that a joint drug-interdiction effort was under way because they had passed several law-enforcement vehicles from different agencies.

Neither the Tennessee Highway Patrol nor the Shelby County sheriff�s office in Memphis had information about the traffic stop. A marijuana sticker would not be a sufficient reason to stop a car, said a spokeswoman for the West Tennessee Drug Task Force.

Regardless, Tennessee police apparently aren't botany experts. If they were, they�d know a marijuana leaf has seven leaflets (see above picture) and a narrow shape as compared to the Buckeye leaf, which is fat and has five leaflets.

At least that�s what it says on the Internet. I have no firsthand knowledge of this.

As for Jonas-Boggioni, she acknowledged the cop�s wishes, but got back in her car without removing the sticker.

�I didn�t take it off,� Jonas-Boggioni told the paper. �This little old lady is no drug dealer.�

Just an avid Ohio State fan.
IF all that's true, then it was a stupid stop followed by an even stupider question then command from whatever LE agency was represented.
Dood, probably the TSA lol
Because every drug trafficer advertises with bumper stickers. Thought everyone knew that!
SEC education
Truth is, he just hates Buckeyes.
I have no doubt at all that the story is 'true'. I see is as just another example of cops out of control. The poor guy involved is lucky he was not executed on the spot.
We'd appreciate all non-residents do not drive thru our great state of Tennessee. Please go around......or you may not make it out alive.
As Bob Lee Swagger (Mark Walburg) put it in Shooter, "Welcome to Tennessee, the patron saint state of shooting stuff".
The drug task force. Guess those special cameras they use in that area picked up the design.

On any given day there are up to 20-30 from Nashville to Memphis on I-40. Few between Nashville and Knoxville . . .

That says something, but not sure what.
There are far more unmarked in E Tn than you think. If you ever have a Dodge Ram ( white) with blacked out windows and a 300M get behind you.....your day just went south.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
It's Memphis, what do you expect? He probably thought someone new was operating on his turf without paying his "respect" money first.
Looking at Ironbender's picture, the similarity is remarkable.
But....

Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It's Memphis, what do you expect? He probably thought someone new was operating on his turf without paying his "respect" money first.

I expect it's just run of the mill JBT on his pissant little self-righteous crusade to rid the world of those evil drugs.

Fuggin liberals.
They're sure an obnoxious bunch of ass wipes.

Originally Posted by pa_gus
SEC education

No'uns ever accused us of being smart, but we can and do, KICK BUTT IN FOOTBALL!
Originally Posted by ironbender
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

close enough!
Git the sniffin dogs!
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
As Bob Lee Swagger (Mark Walburg) put it in Shooter, "Welcome to Tennessee, the patron saint state of shooting stuff".

Dont know who the old guy was that Walburg went to see, but that one scene he was in was the best part of the movie. (apologies for the thread hijack)

"Still got the shovel"
I am fairly sure I know the man, and he don't live in Tennessee.
Not to be Debbie Downer, but I officially call bullshit.
I wouldn't say such a thing, but the man still builds some of the finest rifles around. Google Landtec rifles. If you have ever had a chance to meet Randy Landen, you'd feel kinda eerie when you watch the Shooter scene.
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Looking at Ironbender's picture, the similarity is remarkable.
But....

but.... neither one of ironbenders pics seems to be a buck-eye...

quoted from the atricle....

Regardless, Tennessee police apparently aren't botany experts. If they were, they�d know a marijuana leaf has seven leaflets (see above picture) and a narrow shape as compared to the Buckeye leaf, which is fat and has five leaflets.
IF all that's true, then it was a stupid stop followed by an even stupider question then command from whatever LE agency was represented.
It goes beyond stupid, and enters into the domain of a very evil omen for the path our nation as a whole is following. The rule of law is increasingly becoming pass�.
If they were confused by the bumper sticker,They would probably REALLY love my logo.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by pira114
Because every drug trafficer advertises with bumper stickers. Thought everyone knew that!
lol!
Obama/Biden bumperstickers.
SEC education

Versus a Penn State Education, where serial child molestation is isn't so bad.

Don't think I'd be making disparaging remarks about other state's institutions of higher learning if were you...
Happy Valley and all.
Taking it out on the 2013 National Champs already I see.
Yeah, everybody wants to pick on Bama. Hell the chick got stopped in Tennessee, and the whole SEC gets indicted. I'll bet Missouri didn't know they were going to get painted with that brush... wink
I was thinking of a new Colorado state flag but not if my logo has already been scattered from Montana to Tennesse. whistle

Back to the thread,
The cops cant win, if they ignore things they are trained to watch, They're slackers on the job.
If they are super vigilant, they will piss off folks for no damn good reason.

A little common sence would help more than a little though.
Originally Posted by pira114

I don't know, makes good sense really. If one wanted to do something bad at an airport it would be prudent that they wear a burqa and a robe, no one is going to stop them.
It's really just a war on citizens, not drugs. Drugs are simply a nice, convenient weapon to be used against the folks by those who profit from the power they've been given/taken by/from the poor, idiotic, duped sheeple.
Even if it was a picture of a marijuana leaf, is that grounds for pulling someone over? Effed up cops.
"Round here, for most of the year, all a body would have to do would be to walk to the ditch and pick them a leaf or two to compare...
Originally Posted by oulufinn
It's really just a war on citizens, not drugs. Drugs are simply a nice, convenient weapon to be used against the folks by those who profit from the power they've been given/taken by/from the poor, idiotic, duped sheeple.
This.
heck, they are lucky they didn't have any large sums of cash on them. Take they broke asses back to OH

check this link out:

http://www.politicolnews.com/dont-bring-cash-to-tennessee-police-steal-22k-from-driver/
We're living in a "post-rule-of-law" America, folks.
Originally Posted by Auger01

Dont know who the old guy was that Walburg went to see, but that one scene he was in was the best part of the movie. (apologies for the thread hijack)

"Still got the shovel"

He looks alot like the drummer in this "Band" wink

Even if it was a picture of a marijuana leaf, is that grounds for pulling someone over?

Certainly not. 1A protects your right to display such a picture.

"Still got the shovel"

Just googled it...and that's him. Interesting guy.
Levon Helm. I loved the character he played in Coal Miner's Daughter.
Originally Posted by JRaw

"Still got the shovel"

Just googled it...and that's him. Interesting guy.

He was one hell of a guy. He also played Loretta Lynn's father in Coal miners daughter, and had a role in" the right stuff". I posted this awhile ago about him
I bagged a small turkey this morning around 9:00. Just got home and the girlfriend met me at the door, smiling from ear to ear."Go look at your mail from yesterday" she said. I'm all proud of my little jake bird, and tell her I'll get to it after clean it. " I don't think you understand, you got a letter from somebody." was her response. Now, I'm almost pissed off, come home with a bird for thanksgiving and she don't care. So I drop the bird, and wash my hands, and go see what is soooo much more important than a turkey. Sitting in the middle of the kitchen table is an envelope addressed to me, with a return address of The estate of Mr. Levon Helm, Woodstock, Ny.
He used to (they still do) put on concerts at his farm called The Midnight Rambles, and I made it up to a couple of them. There is only about 400 tickets for one, and there is no actual ticket, they just have your name, You bring a covered dish or a pie and everybody sits down for dinner before hand. I brought deer keilbasa and peirogies to the first few, a few pies to one, and 6 pheasants with all the fixings to the last. Just a side story, A hippie chick was poking at the pheasant dish in line, and yelled out, "does anyone know if this chicken is organic". Right on que, Levon spitts out some #4's I didn't find while cleaning it and yells back, "I'd bet on it".
Anyway, It seems as though Levon enjoyed that pheasant, because when they were going through the books for the Rambles, next to my name, they found a hand written note from Levon It reads as follows.
To Barbara, (his manager)
When Mr ... (me) comes up again please let me know so I can personally call him. I would like to put in a request for some of that great pheasant he brought up last time.
signed Levon Helm
Ya, she was right,.. better than a Turkey.This ones going on the wall!
Just a little news story on Levon and the Rambles.

"The moment you think you got it figured, you're wrong." grin

Love that.
They were lucky they had not drifted a cross the state ne into MI. We know how to treat buckeyes there.

1B
© 24hourcampfire