Home
Posted By: T LEE More TV trivia (old time) - 01/10/02
Another show of this era had an ex-soldier in it with a special weapon. Identify the weapon, actor and name of show.
<br>HINT: not a firearm this time.
The show was called "Branded" the weapon was a broken, cut down saber and I can not remember the actors name.
Posted By: short243 Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/10/02
Maybe Branded with Chuck Conners, weapon was a broken saber....
Posted By: T LEE Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/10/02
short243, Bingo, ya got all three. Too easy I guess. Either that or y'all are as old as I am.
Here's one for you all to try:
<br>On the TV show Rawhide one of the actors had a hit song before he appeared in the series. The only hit he ever had.
<br>Name the actor. Name the song
<br>
<br>BCR
Posted By: Bullwnkl Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/10/02
Dog gone it Boggy if it ain't 60's or 70's rock I don't have a prayer. And as we all know there is only two kinds of music "ROCK and ROLL". [Linked Image] So I bet it isn't Inagadadavida by Iron Butterfly.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.
"... Branded!
<br>Scorned as the one who ran,
<br>What do you do when you're branded,
<br>and you know you're a man?"
Well Bullwnkl it was just a tad before rock and roll got hot and as a hint it was a "novelty" song. One on the order of Grandma got run over by a reindeer or Convoy or (even futher back) How much is that doggie in the window?
<br>BCR
Posted By: Talker Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/10/02
That would be Sheb Wooley, who played Pete Nolan in Rawhide. His biggest hit...but not his only song...was "One- Eyed, One-Horned, Flying Purple People Eater" or some such. I remember seeing a Sheb Wooley album advertised on TV late at night. Something from K-Smell Records, no doubt.
<br>Talker
Wow, I'm only 16! You people are old!!! lol:D
Rick, what happened to all our smilies!!??
Posted By: T LEE Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/10/02
That makes you old enough to be my Grandson!
<br>Time sure flies when your having fun
Wow first rattle out of the box and talker gets it. I'd have thought that one might have given a little more trouble.
<br>
<br>Big Hunter-- Young buddy, if you live to make the age of some of us old pharts around here you will find that you can remember, with crystal clarity, things that happened forty year ago. What you can't remember is whatinhell you did with your car keys [color:red]ten minutes ago</font color=red>.
<br>[Linked Image]
<br>BCR
Posted By: T LEE Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/11/02
Amen BCR, also what you had for breakfast.[Linked Image]
Posted By: need one Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/11/02
Did I have breakfast?? -- no
Posted By: Partsman Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/11/02
Sorry! I can't resist on this being old.
<br>
<br>Like the old joke.
<br>This old guy about 90, shows up at the neighbourhood house of pleasure and says to the girl there, I want the works, and the girls says Geez how OLD are you?
<br>He says 95, well the girls says MAN you have had it!
<br>So he says Oh I did? okay, what do I owe you?
Posted By: T LEE Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/13/02
Ok, I'll try again.
<br>This was the first "ADULT" western on TV: what year, who starred as____ ____ what was the "trick gun" in this one?
Posted By: Partsman Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/14/02
Bat Masterson, and a Derringer? Gene Berry.
Posted By: T LEE Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/14/02
nope, before that one.[Linked Image]
Posted By: Partsman Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/14/02
The rifleman, Chuck Connors, a winchester lever action with a large lever? Or possibly the lone Ranger, who shot silver bullets, played by Clayton Moore.
I want to say Gunsmoke with Jim Arness as Matt Dillon but the trick gun throws me. I remember when you could listen to Gunsmoke on the radio and watch it on TV at the same time. Late fifties.
<br>BCR
Posted By: short243 Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/14/02
Maybe Have Gun Will Travel ,Richard Boone, he had a derringer in his belt buckle, I think it went off in 67 and ran for 2 or 3 years.
Posted By: short243 Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/14/02
I know it was Sugarfoot and the unusual weapon was that guitar or his singing, or could it be his law books???????
Could have been The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp with his Buntline special. That was 55 I think. Can't remember who the star was for sure but I think it was Hugh O'Bryan
<br>BCR
Posted By: mercedvh Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/14/02
Could it be Johnny Yuma? The Rebel? And his trusty sawed off Winchester? Or was it a shotgun. No I believe it was the Winnie..........Final answer.
Posted By: mercedvh Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/14/02
Can't remember who played Yuma. I can see him but the name is gone.
<br>
<br>Heard he got et by a bear.
Final answer? "yes." We have a winner on all counts except the spelling, it O'Brian! Congrats BCR we owe ya a cold one of your chioce! Must be the same signs of a misspent youth such as mine, westerns ruled for me.
mercedvh, The actor in "The Rebel" was Nick Adams and he had a sawed off Greener he carried in a saddel holster he called his "Hog Leg" Bcr got the answer I was looking for.
<br>Steve Mc Queen carried the sawed off winnie in "Wanted Dead or Alive" somebody here said he called it his "Mares Leg"
Partsman, I believe you are thinking about "Yancy Deringer" but thats all I remember about that one.
Thank you right kindly T. I'll just have me a big NEHI grape (you 'member them?) Stain your mouth purple for a week. How 'bout springing for a Moon Pie to go with it? [Linked Image]
<br>BCR
Yep, Nehi or Orange Crush. I personally prefer RC Cola with my Moon Pies. How 'bout salted penuts IN you Coca Cola?
I will have to say that a big R ah C cola and a moon pie is just about as good as it gets. Makes Orange Crush and ZuZus pale in comparison. Will have to take issue on the peanuts in a Coke though. Much better in a Dr Pepper. The slightly sweeter taste just can't be beat. T do you reckon the younger genetation has any idea what we are talking about?
<br>BCR
Posted By: T LEE Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/15/02
Well BCR, I gotta agree with the exception of the Dr Pepper & peanuts, I prefer pretzels with my Dr Pepper (Rold Gold tiny twists). I also believe the little pleasures are lost on todays youngins.
Posted By: Bullwnkl Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/17/02
T-Lee you and Boggy must have been the older boys when I was a youngster, my older sister got to drink soda pop from a bottle or can but me and my buddies got Cool Aid or Fizzies, remember those round tablets that fizzed like Alka Selzer and tasted nearly as bad. Ok what happened to Shasta sodas? Draft root beer.
<br>When I was young in the mid 50's my dad drove a door to door bread delievery truck. We had milk delievered to our front door when we lived in town. My family did not have TV until around 1965, So I am a loss on these old shows. Must have missed some mighty fine Americanna.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.
Posted By: T LEE Re: More TV trivia (old time) - 01/17/02
For more old fart revelations go to the "Survival" thread. We have bared our soul on that one.
© 24hourcampfire