Home
Not sure if this has been posted yet...

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/stor...-g-rodriguez-then-commits-suicide-030813

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/mont-man-kills-sportsman-channel-host-18686112

Mont. Man Kills Sportsman Channel Host, Then Self

WHITEFISH, Mont. March 8, 2013 (AP)

Police in northwestern Montana say a man shot and killed the host of the Sportsman Channel show "A Rifleman's Journal" while the TV personality was visiting the shooter's wife.

Whitefish police say 41-year-old Wayne Bengston then beat his wife, took his 2-year-old son to a relative's house, and drove to his home in West Glacier where he apparently killed himself.

Police identified the shooting victim as 43-year-old Gregory G. Rodriguez of Sugar Land, Texas. Besides appearing on TV, he's the CEO of Global Adventure Outfitters.

Bengston's wife told police that Rodriguez was in town on business and visiting her at her mother's house when her husband showed up Thursday night.

It wasn't clear how Rodriguez and the woman were acquainted. Police plan to hold a news conference Friday afternoon.
Posted By: Kentucky_Windage Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
Oh my God, tell me this is not real. Greg is a friend...
Posted By: 32_20fan Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
I believe Greg posted here on occasion.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
had him as friend on fb, talked to him a few times. damn shame.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
He's a friend on mine as well! I just saw him in Dallas in January!
Posted By: Redneck Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
".......visiting the shooter's wife....?"

Affair??
Posted By: antlers Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
Damn...! Looks like it's him.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
Holy sheit.... I know Greg. I'm stunned and saddened.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
Obviously one of those guys that didn't appreciate "friends" visiting his wife when he wasn't there.

Some people & places you just stay away from.

Bad that it turned out this way.
"...the TV personality was visiting the shooter's wife."

Posted By: ingwe Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
Originally Posted by 32_20fan
I believe Greg posted here on occasion.

He did..I enjoyed our cyber conversations....

Damn....
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
If it's him....wow!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
I just checked the news....its him....
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13
Major bummer! frown
http://www.kaj18.com/news/whitefish-murder-victim-was-well-known-tv-host-and-writer/

WHITEFISH - The man who was shot and killed during a confrontation in Whitefish was no stranger to firearms, traveling the world hosting hunting shows and writing for one of the industry's leading magazines.

Whitefish Police say Gregory Rodriguez, 43, of Sugar Land, Texas was shot and killed as he was visiting a Whitefish woman during a business trip to Northwest Montana late last night.

The investigation is continuing, but authorities say the woman's husband, Wayne C. Bengston, stormed into the house late Thursday night, shooting Rodriguez and attacking his wife. Police say Bengston then shot himself at his home in West Glacier.

Investigators have said Rodriguez was in Northwest Montana on a business trip but there have been no further details on what he had been doing here.

Rodriguez is the founder and CEO of Global Adventure Outfitters. A woman contacted at the company this morning had "no comment" to clarify what Rodriguez had been working on here in Montana.

Rodriguez was the award winning host of Rifleman's Journal, a show which aired nationwide on the Sportsman's Channel. In the show, Rodriguez traveled all over the world on hunts for exotic game, in addition to hunting trips in the West and around North America. The program was 2012 winner 2012 Sportsman's Choice Award for Best Educational/Instructional Show.

In addition to his television work, Rodriguez was Shooting Editor at Shooting Times magazine, a contributing editor to Peterson's Hunting, Dangerous Game, and one of the leading publications in the firearms field, Guns & Ammo Magazine.

The Global Adventure Outfitters website said he had been 55-safaris to Africa, averaging about 200-hunting days per year, having hunted in over 20-countries on half-a-dozen different continents and taken over 140-different species of big game. The website says he was also a marksmanship instructor.

The website also says he lived in Sugar Land, Texas with his wife Lisa and two children, ages 14 and 12.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/08/13

The fool didn't just murder a man and then off himself, he damaged a two-year-old child for life.

I hope to hell the kid didn't see the killing.
WHITEFISH - Whitefish Police say the host of an outdoor television program is dead, and the man who shot him has taken his own life.

Detectives say 43-year old Gregory Rodriguez of Sugar Land, Texas was shot and killed as he was visiting a Whitefish woman during a business trip to Northwest Montana late Thursday night.

The case is still being investigated, but police know that Rodriguez, known as a television personality and host of outdoor programs, was visiting a local woman staying at her mother's house at River Lakes Parkway in Whitefish.

Police say that at around 10:30 p.m. the woman's husband, Wayne C. Bengston, came to the house and shot Rodriguez and brutally beat his wife.

Police say Bengston then took off with his 2-year old son who had been sleeping in the house and drove away. He left the boy unharmed with a relative and then drove to his house in West Glacier.

That's where Flathead County deputies and a SWAT team found his truck. Authorities say they attempted to contact Bengston with no success, and when they entered his house they found Bengston dead of a gunshot wound to the head.

Investigators are still trying to piece together the details of what happened and will be briefing the press on Friday afternoon.
I have a pretty solid idea as to where all this is headed.
Originally Posted by aalf
Investigators are still trying to piece together the details of what happened

All over a piece of azz...
Lots of folks hurt by this. What a shame.
fell bad for those kids.
I would personally appreciate it if some of you would show a little respect and refrain from speculating until the facts are known.

Thank you.
Originally Posted by RISJR

Kind of sounds like what it looks like, yep. frown
Prayers on the way, especially for the kids.
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
I would personally appreciate it if some of you would show a little respect and refrain from speculating until the facts are known.

Thank you.

Uh, okay. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to "piece it together", and that ain't speculation..
Yup, the first conclusion one jumps to is in flagrante delicto. Whether that proves to be the case or not, only time will tell.
No piece of ass is worth killing over, and certainly not worth leaving a 2 year old behind.
Hey!

I am a rocket scientist, and I'm not "piecing it together". I'll wait to hear what the facts are.
Is this the guy, Greg?

[Linked Image]
The author's of the print articles sure didn't help any.

Me too (and understand your experience trumps my hunchs).

Nothing good here - nothing.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
No piece of ass is worth killing over, and certainly not worth leaving a 2 year old behind.

Tell that to the dead guy...
I hope it was just a case of wrong place, wrong time - I truly do.

Still, nothing good here.
Certainly broadens the use of "visiting".

Never understood this. If I had found a woman unfaithful I'd consider the 3rd as doing me a favor. Rather be rid of both in my life.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Thank you.

Uh, okay. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to "piece it together", and that ain't speculation..

I am told that the relationship was strictly business and that the woman he was visiting handled a lot of his advertising

Show some respect
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Thank you.

I am told that the relationship was strictly business and that the woman he was visiting handled a lot of his advertising

Show some respect

Yeah, I'm sure it was.
What was his Campfire SN?
he told me a while back that he was having trouble finding someone to be his secretary and handle paperwork stuff for him and that he had finally found someone.

wow.

the wrong one i guess. wow. feels like a punch in the guts. and i know he has at least 2 kids as well.
I'm very saddened by this. He visited us here often and always had very informative post besides his ST articles.

One of my favorites.
At least one news article said this happened at the women's mothers home, so we all would be well served to wait until the details emerge before jumping to conclusions.
Tragic all around. At the very least, someone made some serious errors in judgement that resulted in the deaths of two people. Doubt that we will see many details outside of the Montana news media. Please keep us informed as the story unfolds.

Prayers for the woman's recovery and for her child.
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Prayers on the way, especially for the kids.
Indeed... frown

Thank you.

Show some respect

Yeah, I'm sure it was.

Dude -
Business relationship or not,it sounds like the shooter didn't think so.Shot the man and beat his wife before shooting himself.
The shooter could have been off his rocker, anyone ever consider that?

Yeah, I'm sure it was.

Don't you have some Springer reruns to watch, or something?
sitting here in shock. wow. thoughts are with his kids and wife of course...
A wise man once said..............

No good can come of it when you go poaching on the preserve of love.

Yep,Wife an kids sure don't need this .Hope it was a different thing, besides what people are thinking here
Tragic any way you look at it... frown
It happened at her moms house,...Haven't heard a thing about her mom tho.
Originally Posted by Flfiremedic
What was his Campfire SN?

GregR
Dang shame. I really hate to hear this, he seemed like a decent guy. Feel for all involved...
Just wrong. Nothing is worth that. Seems to be a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Sorry to hear this. Condolences to the survivors.
Wow, horrible tragedy.
Yeah I'm sure that if they were carrying on as some here have suggested her parents house would be a great location for a little privacy.
Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
A wise man once said..............

No good can come of it when you go poaching on the preserve of love.

That's ridiculous.

Sometimes you might not get caught and be fine.

Travis
How sad, I sure enjoyed Gregs posts.
The woman he was visiting works for me. This was Not a triangle.
http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/artic...apparent_whitefish_murder_suicide/32247/

"Dial said investigators believe the relationship between Rodriguez and the woman was a professional one. "

Show some respect.
RIP GRod
And then sometimes TeePee Creeping can have some dire consequences!!!

Not saying that is the case here, although I would think it would be far safer to meet at the mother's place than at her home. Especially if the Lady in question has a jealous husband that may have shown violent behavior in the past. Not that this is the case either.
My heart is broken for his kids. They lost more than a dad today, they lost a hero...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Let's see........
Greg visits Wayne's wife but not at Wayne's home or apparently to Wayne's knowledge.
Wayne shows up and shoots Greg, then beats up his own wife and takes their child to a safe place before going home and killing himself.

Clearly not a love triangle. Greg must have owed Wayne money and refused to pay him back......or maybe Greg insulted Wayne's bird dog or something.
Let's see........
Greg visits Wayne's wife but not at Wayne's home or apparently to Wayne's knowledge.
Wayne shows up and shoots Greg, then beats up his own wife and takes their child to a safe place before going home and killing himself.

Clearly not a love triangle. Greg must have owed Wayne money and refused to pay him back......or maybe Greg insulted Wayne's bird dog or something.

Or maybe you're just a dumbphuck.

Mike
The killer is to blame - nothing here justifies him doing this to other humans - some of you guys don't seem to get it.
I had the opportunity to converse with Greg a few times, and post a few family pics here on the 'fire for him. Prayers sent that he accepted Jesus as his Savior.
RIP Greg, I talked to him about two years ago about a hunt in Botswana. Absolutely terrible news.
Shame. [bleep] happens, all you can hope is it don't come your way.
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Let's see........

Mike

Common sense Mike.
Sure, the investigation could reveal a whole different set of facts. But at this point it is sure quacking like a duck.
What's your opinion, based on what we now know?
Let's see........

Mike

Pretty sure thats the case.
Not always. Had a friend shot by a woman's husband at work. Why, because he was a [bleep] nutcase.

Tragic to say the least.

Prayers go out the families involved.
You guys must not have much to do! I doubt Greg was any less than a gentleman. I have known him since 2000. He was about his family and his business. He was following his dream and making a living at it. This is a terrible tragedy for his family and the other family,also. How would you like for your family to read some of this BS? Show some respect for his family at least!
Mark
Let's see........

Mike

Common sense Mike.
Sure, the investigation could reveal a whole different set of facts. But at this point it is sure quacking like a duck.
What's your opinion, based on what we now know?

My opinion , based on what we now know is that GregR is deceased.

Mike
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Not always. Had a friend shot by a woman's husband at work. Why, because he was a [bleep] nutcase.

Agreed, it could be just a nut case.
But the behavior of the shooter following the incident is textbook. If I'm wrong I'll be surprised. Not maligning the victim, just looking at the known facts and forming an opinion.
Don't know much about him since I don't watch the cable programs, I don't recall reading anything he has written. Still its all on the guy who murdered him.
Sad deal and I feel for his family. Good guy on here from the things I read from Greg.

Maybe it would be best if we just offer condolences and move on. No reason to piss on the grave or speculate at this point.
The women Greg was visiting was a business acquaintance and I think was also probably an employee. She Was also a close friend of my daughter and had recently been in a bad auto accident , which was why Greg was visiting.
It was a bad deal all around.

But the behavior of the shooter following the incident is textbook. If I'm wrong I'll be surprised. Not maligning the victim, just looking at the known facts and forming an opinion.

Forming an opinion. My opinion is, you don't know squat so you should keep your opinions to yourself when something like this happens.

If you're wrong you'll be surprised? Big deal, what will you do then, go apologize to his widow for maligning the man?

As others have said, show some respect.

Dang,

Everybody loses and nobody gains a single thing.

The children suffer most of all ... and it is they who truly pay.

May God's Tender Blessings Be With Them.

Steve

Probably caught them in the sack. crazy
Originally Posted by 458Win
The women Greg was visiting was a business acquaintance and I think was also probably an employee. She Was also a close friend of my daughter and had recently been in a bad auto accident , which was why Greg was visiting.

Phil, thanks for injecting some reason into this discussion. I hate the way everyone wants to believe the worst about Greg, instead of the gentle truth.
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Phil, thanks for injecting some reason into this discussion. I hate the way everyone wants to believe the worst about Greg, instead of the gentle truth.

I hear this -

We will see if anyone who posted initial BS on this thread has any remorse but I highly doubt that -
Personally, I could care less what the circumstances were. I only met Greg a few times and corresponded with him several times about bringing my son into hunting.

He was always generous with his time and willing to give his perspective on bringing a young man into our sport.

My son and I spent time with him at SCI and had a great time talking about hunts and rifles.

RIP
Originally Posted by GregW

I hear this -

We will see if anyone who posted initial BS on this thread has any remorse but I highly doubt that -

If any of them had half an ounce of class, they'd go back and delete their comments out of respect for family and friends, some of whom may well read this thread.
IF they had the half ounce of class you speak of, the comments wouldn't have been made in the first place.

Two new widows deserve better.
I feel for those that have to live with the loss. They will never heal. May they find peace at least.

Amen

Kent
Posted By: bea175 Re: Greg Rodriguez - 03/09/13
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mEHIvL0R5Ws[/video]
I'm glad to see some people stepping up. I posted the below in "Ask the Gunwriters":

Why all of the passing judgement and piling on? Investigators have said it was a professional relationship...we have no proof otherwise. He was a good guy, helpful to members on here and a great writer. Mourn his passing, celebrate his life, and move on.We want our second amendment rights...lets give him the right to be innocent until proven guilty. What if his family reads this crap everyone is writing?
They will read it... common decency is long gone...

Kent
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vQfDF4bzssI[/video]
Who knows when a couple may be having problems and a job and income to a woman may be the straw that would allow her to become self sufficient and move on and/or the straw that broke the camels back?
Originally Posted by Flfiremedic
I'm glad to see some people stepping up. I posted the below in "Ask the Gunwriters":

Why all of the passing judgement and piling on? Investigators have said it was a professional relationship...we have no proof otherwise. He was a good guy, helpful to members on here and a great writer. Mourn his passing, celebrate his life, and move on.We want our second amendment rights...lets give him the right to be innocent until proven guilty. What if his family reads this crap everyone is writing?

+1 He was a really good guy in my interactions with him here. Prayers for the families involved.
Never heard of him but its too bad anyones life is cut short for whatever reason.

I hear this -

If any of them had half an ounce of class, they'd go back and delete their comments out of respect for family and friends, some of whom may well read this thread.

The tendency of some Oriental speakers to combine the l phoneme and the r phoneme is harmless enough � even some times amusing � when it makes election sound like erection, for instance, or vice versa, but woe unto us all when we equate crass with class.

You know full well what you are doing. Not maligning the victim? Whatever dude...

Looking at the known facts!? What known facts!? You know zero facts other he is dead. Unless you were there, you don't know what happened at this point. Known facts...since when are reporters privy to known facts? All you have is some articles speculating.

Now shut the heck up!
Unreal I went to highschool with the shooter, Never imagined him making a choice like that in life.Sad deal with all the kids involved.I am shocked....
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Never heard of him but its too bad anyones life is cut short for whatever reason.
you evidently never listen to Zero (or Feinstein, or pelosi, or reed) on TV. wink
Originally Posted by Steelhead

If he had been just a nut case he would have shot the woman to . Evidently the man though something was going on , to shoot a man and then kill himself. He wasn't crazy or he would have killed everyone .
Get divorced or run away or whatever. Divorce is cheaper than life in prison.
Don't go screwing married women, it might cost more than you think.

Ernie
Sucks to hear this.

And really too bad that some jumped to conclusions. People don't usually go meet a chick, their having an affair with, at the chick's mother's house. Apparently that bit of obviousness escaped them.
'Twould seem, too, that from the Gulf of Mexico to Canada'd be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go (about 2,300 miles) for an assignation.
Originally Posted by EWY

Ernie

Here's proof that some people don't read the thread before they say stupid crap. IT WAS A PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP!

Please have respect people
some folks always want to believe the worst....I am so sorry for both families, especially the children.
My thoughts and prayers are with Greg's family and the woman and her child.

My extreme consternation is with those here who have muttered disrespect and lack of class in jumping to conclusions.

If there is KARMA you have just scribed hash marks in the wrong column.
I've made my earlier comment and stand by it.

With that said...FB, there are many,many women who have sat on the other side of my desk who had sought shelter at their folk's home.

Simply a career observation. Take it as you will.

This smells because of the murder. The authors of the articles published today didn't help with their vernacular or implied suggestions,either.

If you were a lawyer sitting in a consult with one of the parties or witnesses, and you had already read the newspaper articles, where would your brain be taking you?

I sure hope this ends the way most wish it would end but 25 years of dealing with these type dynamics suggest this was far more intricate than just a simple employer/employee relationship.

As for speculation, it's the rule, not the exception at the 24H Campfire.

It makes me sick that most of the posts on this thread are disparing Greg rather than the POS murderer. Some people are just pathetic.
One thing I can guarantee you, I'll never be gunned down late at night by a jealous husband, while drinking wine with a female business associate (his wife) at her mother's house, while mother is away.
Little Weener Syndrome is a malady that affects many men in our society. It's here with us every dang day. Some are just a PITA and tiresome while being daily predictable......while some take it to the maniacal and murderous level...even tho they aren't schizo, bi-polar, or clinically depressed.....or fawked up on coke. Just ask OJ Simpson.

The ego of an insecure man will sometimes stop at nothing to make it feel better. I, unfortunately, have HUGE stories and an extensive amount of experience watching this happen.

If the murderer had a rip-roaring case of LWS..........and if he perceived that his wifey was waaaaaay more successful and happy due to Greg's HUGE legitimately earned success....even if there was no sex involved..........then he might indeed open fire in order to tranquilize his feelings of......shortness.

There is nothing on this planet that outshines the importance of catering to the pathetic male ego. Nothing.
Because it may appear by the circumstances and outcome that the murderer/husband could have thought there were shenanigan's, implies only that - a guy suspected shenanigans and shot another guy over it. Doesn't mean it did/didn't happen.

Because, secondly, sure probably 8-9 of 10 times that is the case (shenanigans) behind these murders. But who's the 1-2 out of 10 where it turns out it wasn't the case? Probably decent people. Like acquaintances appear to regard Greg R as.

As was said, all manner of possibilities: drunk, drug, love-stupid-irrational-idiot, marriage-problems-idiot, random-idiot-flew-off-the-handle-idiot, off-his-meds-idiot, or known only to God - we just don't know today.
Some people descend into a gutter mentality at the slightest provocation. Some people think that a man and a woman cannot have a relationship that is not sexual. When a man and a woman have a relationship, a professional one, there is an assumption that he is "doing" her. Minds in the gutter.

I imagine this killers mind was in that gutter. A control freak thinking his wife is doing, or wanting to do, every man that speaks to her. Falling in line with that mentality gives your personal validation of it. It shows your weakness of character.

That being said, if you wish to accuse someone of adultery you damn well better have the irrefutable evidence to back it up. Just because you might want to do that, or have done that, doesn't mean he did. Don't impose your sins, or your hidden desire to sin, on others.
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Certainly broadens the use of "visiting".

Never understood this. If I had found a woman unfaithful I'd consider the 3rd as doing me a favor. Rather be rid of both in my life.

It is obvious that you have a good wife for IF this had ever happened to you, you would understand what the hell happened here! Some can walk away from a woman who wanders and some cannot. It is a hard decision to make under damned hard conditions and circumstances at the time it happens. That is why police officers do NOT care to have to get involved in 'family' or domestic disputes! There are NO winners; only losers and some more so than others. All the circimstanial evidence here points to something going on that shouldn't have been going. If nothing was going on, then Rodriguez was a fool for putting himself in the position to make it look like it was! THAT is reality and life! Been there, lived it and thank God I walked away though at the time I really didn't want to do that! You really can't say what you would do until you have lived through it; it's too emotional at the time! But, I'll say this: YOU do want to kill something at the moment of discovery! You really do!!
Originally Posted by EWY

Ernie

Here's proof that some people don't read the thread before they say stupid crap. IT WAS A PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP!

Please have respect people

you don't really know this, no more than others thinking something might have been going on between the two. A smart man just doesn't have a Professional Relationships in another man home, alone with his wife, that is if you like living. If you get caught with another man wife and you kill him or he kills you , you lose on both counts.

With that said...FB, there are many,many women who have sat on the other side of my desk who had sought shelter at their folk's home.

This smells because of the murder. The authors of the articles published today didn't help with their vernacular or implied suggestions,either.

If you were a lawyer sitting in a consult with one of the parties or witnesses, and you had already read the newspaper articles, where would your brain be taking you?

I sure hope this ends the way most wish it would end but 25 years of dealing with these type dynamics suggest this was far more intricate than just a simple employer/employee relationship.

I didn't see your particular comment, I skipped much of the thread.

I was just pointing out that it was not an obvious conclusion to jump to, in my humble opinion. Married men with kids, don't usually go around the families of tail they're getting on the side. When you're married and banging married tail, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be seen with friends, family or associates of any involved parties.
Originally Posted by Darrel
� If nothing was going on, then Rodriguez was a fool for putting himself in the position to make it look like it was! �

Oh?

Evidence?
If nothing was going on, then Rodriguez was a fool for putting himself in the position to make it look like it was!

Agreed. You have to be able to anticipate and to predict the male ego. And you should be able to protect yerself from it after the age of 21.......okay, I'll give you dudes until the age of 30.
prayers for the kids.
This is what I know. I know that I enjoyed Greg's writings, especially when he wrote about adventures with his children. I enjoyed watching his television shows, his modest calm nature in front of the camera made for good shows

And I know that the world will be much poorer without him
This is all very sad. No stones here, not our role.
Whatever the real reason he was there it cost him his life and his family a lot of misery.
Dunno anything about each parties kids and survivors.......but I sincerely hope that they will overcome this mind-blowing tragedy of human nature. Unfortunately........there are many similar ones in our history...........and my best suggestion is to find the way to get past this as it ain't the first or only one.

I have recently enjoyed Greg's NUMEROUS articles, web postings, and TV shows that yielded great info and expertise. I was gonna call him about my proposed upcoming Aussy buff hunt and a credible Africa plains game safari.........but today NOT. I didn't know who he was 3 years ago.......but today I'm aghast at this news.
Excerpted from a article posted about 3 hours ago. Excerpted because the rest of the article simply repeated the same accomplishments of Mr. Rodriguez we've already read throughout the day.
----------------

By MATT VOLZ , Associated Press

HELENA, Mont. (AP) � A northwestern Montana man shot and killed the host of the Sportsman Channel show �A Rifleman�s Journal� in an apparent jealous rage while the TV personality was visiting the shooter�s wife, police said Frida

Wayne Bengston, 41, then beat his wife, took his 2-year-old son to a relative�s house and drove to his home about 25 miles away in West Glacier, where he killed himself, Whitefish Police Chief Bill Dial said.

�It�s pretty much an open-and-closed case. Homicide and suicide,� Dial said.

Police identified the shooting victim as Gregory G. Rodriguez, 43, of Sugar Land, Texas. Bengston�s wife told police that Rodriguez was in town on business and visiting her at her mother�s house in Whitefish when her husband showed up Thursday at about 10:30 p.m.

Rodriguez and the woman, who works for a firearms manufacturer in the Flathead Valley, met at a trade show and struck up a casual relationship that police do not believe was romantic, Dial said.

She and Rodriguez were sitting at the kitchen table, talking over a glass of wine, when Bengston entered the house and shot Rodriguez, Dial said.

He then beat his wife on the face and head, most likely with the pistol, he said. She was treated at a hospital and released.

Gregory Rodriguez (AP Photo/Whitefish Police Department)
Gregory Rodriguez (AP Photo/Whitefish Police Department)

�I think it was a jealous husband, but this is all conjecture,� Dial said..."
http://proofresearch.com/heres-proof/

is the workplace of the woman that Greg was visiting with. I had never heard of this business until now.
I could care less if a fella gets shot sticking his pecker where it doesn't belong(if that's the case here).

I hear this -

+1 million ..If these clowns were on fire I wouldn't piss on them. This inspite of the fact that a few posters know of the deceased and his business dealings.
If we're to believe the people who knew 'em and knew the situation,

� Rodriguez was visiting, "on business," from about 2,300 miles away, presumably temporarily.
� The lady had just been in a serious car accident.
� The lady may well have been a prospective employee or business associate.
� For whatever reason and for whatever period, the lady was at her mother's home � recuperating? just visiting?
� The husband broke-in and starting shooting, apparently without any preliminary conversation or identification.

Don't we normally visit others' homes in complete innocence, and with no expectation of violence?

Just exactly where, in all that we've learned so far, is there any suggestion or evidence that Rodriguez shouldn't've been there in complete innocence and with no expectation of violence?

Where is there any suggestion of evidence that he knew (or should've known) of discord between the lady and her husband?

Where is there any suggestion, in anything that we've learned so far, that Rodriguez was somehow foolish for being there?

Thank you Phil for posting this. Some of the vitriol here is just way out of line. 3 young kids will live without a father because of this and all some of you can do is pass trashy opinions to make you look smart. Well, you're all a bunch of
dumb a**'s. Show some respect for the wives left behind to raise fatherless kids at least. Leave your trashy opinions in the gutter where they belong.
"Sitting at the kitchen table" � sounds like just the place to be putting one's pecker where it doesn't belong, doesn't it?
It's often a great choice, but that doesn't mean it's the case here...We don't know and may never know. What Wayne chose to do is terrible, horribly tragic and very sad....
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
http://proofresearch.com/heres-proof/

is the workplace of the woman that Greg was visiting with. I had never heard of this business until now.

One of the owners is a long-time, well respected personal friend of mine. I've hunted with him and dealt with him. I'll readily take his word and accept his judgement on anything that he knows of, without doubt, suspicion, or question.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
"Sitting at the kitchen table" � sounds like just the place to be putting one's pecker where it doesn't belong, doesn't it?

Naw

But like I said, if there's more to the story and he stuck his pecker where it didn't belong, I'm quite fine with him or any other fella getting shot for it.

It's amusing how this would come as a shock to some of you.
Proof research is a newer company that is growing and appears to be doing very well. They are about 10 miles from me.
The plot thickens.......
If we're to believe the people who knew 'em and knew the situation,

� Rodriguez was visiting, "on business," from about 2,300 miles away, presumably temporarily.
� The lady had just been in a serious car accident.
� The lady may well have been a prospective employee or business associate.
� For whatever reason and for whatever period, the lady was at her mother's home � recuperating? just visiting?
� The husband broke-in and starting shooting, apparently without any preliminary conversation or identification.

Don't we normally visit others' homes in complete innocence, and with no expectation of violence?

Just exactly where, in all that we've learned so far, is there any suggestion or evidence that Rodriguez shouldn't've been there in complete innocence and with no expectation of violence?

Where is there any suggestion of evidence that he knew (or should've known) of discord between the lady and her husband?

Where is there any suggestion, in anything that we've learned so far, that Rodriguez was somehow foolish for being there?

I suppose in this day and age it is common for a man to visit a married woman without the husband at home.I would never do it and wouldn't expect my wife to have a male friend over when I wasn't home either.The scripture tells us to avoid the very appearance of evil.I will do everything possible to never even be alone with a woman other than my wife.

I have no idea what happened here but I suspect the husband at least thought something was going on.It is a terrible tragedy for everyone involved,especially the children but it may be one we can also learn from.

Howdy, Ken.

I'm by no means suggesting that Greg was participating in shenanigans. He was actually one of the few remaining outdoor writers who had my interest and respect. I am staggering tonite over this.......I actually can't believe it.

However......I'm no spring chicken when it comes to 'things' in our society. I'm also no virgin when it comes to being a bad boy.........and at times a total piece-of-sheet. I get that and I'm fine with that with no rewards requested by me in this life.

But what if I was a good boy??? We all need to grow up and understand the simple element of human psychology in our modern day society. If I was a good boy......and if I asked one of our ladies to lunch who works right here in City Hall with me.....just for company.....given I'm a single dude........and even if she's married or not........wouldn't she perceive this request......and wouldn't aalllll others perceive this situation.........that I wanna hide the salami with her and that that is my sole motive and deesire?

This is just the way it is, Ken. Normal 2013 human thoughts, behaviors and psychology apply here today.

Sorry, Ken......but our present society has a one-track mind. You can't change this. Don't even try.

Perhaps the murderer here in this case was trained by our present minds........and Greg was still in 1957.

C
The woman in question works for me. Greg worked with me. The 2 together were working on my business. Those that are slandering the 2 can shut the [bleep] up.
What total garbage I see here. You should be ashamed!
With more and more women working in the business world today, it's increasingly probable that any given man-woman contact is directly related to business and completely devoid of hanky-panky.

I've worked in many offices with many women all around me, since the 1940s. I've worked FOR women as well as WITH women. Even where there was hanky-panky going on, it was far less frequent than the honest, honorable, innocent relationships.

I assume that everyone here has been thus exposed to exactly similar certainties.

Thus it's utterly foolish to assume that any man who's meeting a woman, anywhere, is engaging in hanky-panky. The odds are dramatically against it, despite what sewerish minds delight in assuming.
Originally Posted by fgold767

Thank you Phil for posting this. Some of the vitriol here is just way out of line. 3 young kids will live without a father because of this and all some of you can do is pass trashy opinions to make you look smart. Well, you're all a bunch of
dumb a**'s. Show some respect for the wives left behind to raise fatherless kids at least. Leave your trashy opinions in the gutter where they belong.

Exactly right.
3 young kids will spend the rest of their lives without their Dad. 2 families have been completely shattered. Parents and extended family will never see their loved one again, and all some on here can do is be cruel and completely insensitive. We don't know why it happened, so many are just speculating. Get your mind out of the gutter.
While you are so busy speculating and have already passed judgement on what they think happened, just know, right this very second, there are 3 kids crying somewhere, who will never hear their Dad's voice again, while you seem so intent on passing judgement. Some seem to even joke and making light of what happened.
Think of those kids and families devastated while you pass that judgement and make light of a terrible tragedy. You should be ashamed. No wonder this world is in the shape it is in.
I honestly can't recall reading a thread on the 'Fire that left me feeling so diminished as a human being. And I'm not talking about the tragedy that ended someone's life.
Terrible thing that has happened but it happened because the husband was jealous.It is not a smart thing to be meeting with a married woman and especially one with a jealous husband.

Originally Posted by carbonman
The woman in question works for me. Greg worked with me. The 2 together were working on my business. Those that are slandering the 2 can shut the [bleep] up.
What total garbage I see here. You should be ashamed!

Sorry to hear of the loss of those close to you. May you find peace in the difficult times ahead. Thanks for the clarification though.

It's really a damn shame when people have so little class and respect that they can't keep their fingers from typing crap on a message board about a member that ain't gonna be around to give his side of the story.

Pathetic...
With more and more women working in the business world today, it's increasingly probable that any given man-woman contact is directly related to business and completely devoid of hanky-panky.

I've worked in many offices with many women all around me, since the 1940s. I've worked FOR women as well as WITH women. Even where there was hanky-panky going on, it was far less frequent than the honest, honorable, innocent relationships.

I assume that everyone here has been thus exposed to exactly similar certainties.

Thus it's utterly foolish to assume that any man who's meeting a woman, anywhere, is engaging in hanky-panky. The odds are dramatically against it, despite what sewerish minds delight in assuming.

That's all fine and dandy but I'm pretty sure not too many men are going to be fine with their wives drinking some whine alone with another man in his home. Whatever the reason.

Not a shooting offense(unless he stuck his pecker where it didn't belong wink ) but not something that typically ends well either.
Originally Posted by RufusG
I honestly can't recall reading a thread on the 'Fire that left me feeling so diminished as a human being. And I'm not talking about the tragedy that ended someone's life.

I can't remember any instance when the Campfire showed its sorry side so blatantly and so unapologetically.

Even those who opined that the Weavers and the Koresh followers deserved what they got were no worse than what we're seeing here.

Even those who commit felonies that merit the death penalty are legitimately entitled to due process and do not deserve summary condemnation and inhumane execution.

Ah yes, and there is the rub, is it not?

We proud, we few, we band of..........rectal orifices!

Ron
This is a tragedy. The only way to make it more so is to speculate about things which we don't have the facts to support.

As to drawing conclusions, I've known a lot of people that tend to believe others are like themselves.

But why would the shooter off himself in such a case? Wouldn't the shooter be more likely to call police and take 18 mos in jail on a manslaughter charge? What jury would fry a guy that killed an interloper caught in the act?

Now, a crazy guy killing an innocent man and then realizing how FU that is, that's the type that would blow their own head off.
SPECULATORS!!!

Check the other thread " The Latest on Greg Rodriguez"
That's certainly plausible, as well. Who knows as yet?

Hell of a coincidence though that this shooter, at 10pm or maybe even earlier,drove 25 miles to his MIL's home and and just happened to find his wife entertaining another man in that home.

Color me lawyer skeptical but I have to believe there's a bit more to it. I'll also say though, for the sake of all innocents, especially the kids,I hope this is simply one of those senseless acts of derangement limited solely to one sick individual.

Everybody should just give it a rest.

The truth is no one here can say what happened.
Speculator!
Originally Posted by BarryC
Wouldn't the shooter be more likely to call police and take 18 mos in jail on a manslaughter charge? What jury would fry a guy that killed an interloper caught in the act?

What fantasy world do you live in?

Hell of a coincidence though that this shooter, at 10pm or maybe even earlier,drove 25 miles to his MIL's home and and just happened to find his wife entertaining another man in that home.

At the very least, this guy showed an incredible lack of common sense.
Someone post a story about a cops being bad and it's the gospel.

Someone posts a story about someone in the hunting industry it's all speculation...

Laffin....

Dink
I bet one of those Newtown kids deserved a good massacring too, probably slipped his best friends girl a note.

It's a damn sad day when the first thing discussed after a good man gets shot is whether he deserved it or not. WTF?

Prayers for his family.
Well,....we're allowed to "speculate" when it comes to you cops.
Originally Posted by DINK

Someone posts a story about someone in the hunting industry it's all speculation...

Laffin....

Dink

No, no, no, one is speculation to cops, the other is speculation to people in the hunting industry or who knew him. Everybody else in both cases takes it as gospel. I see a trend...
Oh man!!! Not Greg!

I loved his articles and I could tell how proud he was of his kids. The way those articles read makes it sound scandalous. Kinda makes me think they are trying to sell newspapers or something. Prayers for his family. So sad.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I suppose in this day and age it is common for a man to visit a married woman without the husband at home.I would never do it and wouldn't expect my wife to have a male friend over when I wasn't home either.The scripture tells us to avoid the very appearance of evil.I will do everything possible to never even be alone with a woman other than my wife.

I have no idea what happened here but I suspect the husband at least thought something was going on.It is a terrible tragedy for everyone involved,especially the children but it may be one we can also learn from.

You have just dated yourself as being from a bygone time when there were such things as manors and honor. In today's time that makes you and I relics from the past.
Just to add my personal experience with Greg for those that seem quick to jump to baseless conclusions.

Greg wrote an article about the 7mm Rem Mag in both Shooting Times and Hunting Illustrated. He included quite a bit on the Long Range use of the 7mm and mentioned me and the company I represented at the time. Really good exposure and many gun writers would have tried to parlay that exposure into lots of free product or ever just straight up monetary compensation.

Greg didn�t, simple as that.

Quit guessin on the situation guys. Greg was a stand up guy and this is a [bleep] situation.

Ken, Ken, Ken...

Don't knock it, 'til ya tried it!
Originally Posted by bea175
Whatever the real reason he was there it cost him his life and his family a lot of misery.

Don't any of you get it?
He did nothing to cost his life. The freakin' nutbag husband took his life.
So many people who post on this site profess to be Christians and yet look at the innuendo they put out.

I can't begin to count the number of posters here who have totally lost my respect and will never gain it back.

Only one word describes my feelings about the negative posters - DISGUST!

Jim
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
So many people who post on this site profess to be Christians and yet look at the innuendo they put out.

I can't begin to count the number of posters here who have totally lost my respect and will never gain it back.

Only one word describes my feelings about the negative posters - DISGUST!

Jim

I suppose you're Christian?
Originally Posted by DINK

Laffin....

Dink

Bingo!!!!

Just forget about the members of the 24 hour campfire junior varsity team even considering the possibility that one of their beloved coaches may have been parking his Corvette in the wrong garage. They won't hear of it.

Lord knows no fine upstanding gentleman ever got himself in a jam over a woman. Just ask Gen. David Petraeus. That disposes with the "he was a fine guy so there's no way he was diddling" BS.

This is a high profile case and will be discussed and speculated about at length, particularly in this part of the country, much to the disapproval of the 24 hr. campfire JV team.
Big Blob Beckel once impressed me with a witty comment about Joe Biden � "Joe Biden never had an unspoken thought in his life." That comment, though, seemed somewhat less witty, less impressive, each time later when I heard him say exactly that about several others.

I've learned a ton or two from many good guys here on the 'fire, but Big Blob's pet witty keeps coming back to me as I notice, again and again, how many here still haven't discerned the often crucial distinction between a thought thought and a posted thought.

Many's the time when I've saved myself much deep and undying embarrassment by simply keeping certain thoughts and opinions safely inside the echoing vacuum of the dark, cold cavern between my ears. It's a priceless knack that I'd love to be able to bottle and then to give away by the gross (to the gross � hee hee!).

What's that old saying? Something like It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than it is to speak and demolish all doubt. Amen to that!

(Have had to apologize several times, and to thank others for correcting me, but never for NOT having said something regrettably deplorable.)
Kindly note I cast no accusations at anyone. I have no clue what really happened and not suggesting anything was wrong. My reply to Mr Clarke was simply about values that once were common and no longer are.

Originally Posted by okok
The plot thickens.......

What? Lesley's missing car was found in Whitefish, MT?

What's that old saying? Something like It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than it is to speak and demolish all doubt. Amen to that!

(Have had to apologize several times, and to thank others for correcting me, but never for NOT having said something regrettably deplorable.)

I'll add another Amen! Lot's of people here need to memorize this.
Originally Posted by carbon12
The plot thickens.......

laugh

I can't believe he still posts.
What a tool.
The plot thickens.......

Got some spit on my keyboard from that one.

Read your PMs.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Kindly note I cast no accusations at anyone. I have no clue what really happened and not suggesting anything was wrong. My reply to Mr Clarke was simply about values that once were common and no longer are.

The only reason I posted at all is because so many here see nothing wrong with the situation My Rodriguez put himself in.It's just a terrible tragedy that should have been avoided.

Being born in upstate NY and living most of my life in the North I have no clue where my Southern ideas and manners came from. But like I said above, I have no clue what this was all about and have no right to judge. I am saddened by the damage done to the families involved.
� many here still haven't discerned the often crucial distinction between a thought thought and a posted thought. �

One great benefit of the unposted thought is that you never have to
(a) admit that what you didn't say was wrong
(b) apologize for what you didn't say
or
(c) twist yourself all around like a rubber pretzel to find a way to insist that you were right by some far-fetched inane "reasoning."
Wow. I live here, am familiar with the company and one of those involved, and am pretty shocked, at the level of speculation here. A shame ALL around, and a tragedy.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Originally Posted by BufordBoone
As to drawing conclusions, I've known a lot of people that tend to believe others are like themselves.

Nailed it Buford.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Nailed it Buford.

+1 Did he ever
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by smokepole

Nailed it Buford.

+1 Did he ever

Yep,... We all seem to view the world from own perspective.
This killing is such a total shame, all the way around. Two families without husbands/fathers. There is no justification at all. None. Even if the there was infidelity, and that's a big if, the shooter still a murderer. I believe that most on the fire see it this way too. And they are right. There are others who think that the two of them should not have been together late at night, alone, drinking in a private residence without the husbands knowledge. And they are right too in my opinion. Where this group goes wrong is implying that this error in judgement somehow gives the husband good cause and in turn place some blame on the victims. Again, in my opinion, that's just plain wrong.
The deaths and their undying effects are agonizingly tragic beyond expression or measure � no doubt about that.

Also � perhaps equally � deplorable is the manifest tendency (so blatantly displayed by so many here) for otherwise responsible people to dive so eagerly, readily, and obsessively into the sewer of derogatory assumptions on a mere allusion to a hat that probably doesn't even exist and therefore can not possibly be dropped.

And totally immune from any sign of remorse, regret, humility, shame, or embarrassment.

Boys, that there is tragedy!

� with many victims.
Sad news.

I usually look for Greg's comments in the cartridge column in Peterson's Hunting magazine. Just re-read his comments on the 240 Weatherby the other day.

Don't want to speculate one way or the other without more info, but thank God the shooter took the child to the relative's home.
Well, one thing seems pretty certain, and that is what the shooter THOUGHT was going on.

The "professional relationship" may have been completely innocent and just that. Then again, sometimes even the people closest to a wayward spouse (spouses, parents, children, closest friends) are not aware of what's going on, even with affairs that go on for years, so it wouldn't be a stretch that business acquaintences or casual friends also had no idea.

The other certainty here is the husband was a moron. Even if there was an affair, and he (Mr. Rodriguez) "made his own bed", only a complete idiot and loser ruins the life of his children, his own, as well as countless others over a wayward woman. If she's cheating, you be a man, and you move on. There are countless other good women out there, and seeing your kids every other weekend is a far cry better than never seeing them again and ruining them for life by bringing such violence into their lives.

An azz kicking may have been in order. Exposure and ruining his credibility may have been in order. No good is ever going to come out of killing someone over a chick that knows no loyalty or faithfulness (again, if that was the case here...apparently the husband believed so).
There weren't very many who said Greg did anything evil, just that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Poor guy probably didn't have any warning as to how cuckoo the ex-husband was. frown
One night when I was fifteen, my uncle Shep and his universally adored Mildred were going to the "picture show." When we were between the house and the car, two other uncles drove-up and snagged Shep to take him to their lodge meeting. Shep tossed the car keys to Mildred and told us to go ahead without him. So we did.

The next day, it was "all over town" that Mildred had left Shep and was "stepping out" with some new guy. Mildred's tinkling silvery laugh epitomized the response of everyone who knew us.

The operative phrase of course being "everyone who knew us."
There weren't very many who said Greg did anything evil, just that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This.

The shooter was a guy who clearly felt he was losing his wife to other men, even if it was just business. Might be that this new job would have given her the financial stake she needed to go ahead with a divorce.

In his head he wouldn't have to catch 'em any act, that would just be assumed, either present or in the future.

All here who knew him state Mr Rodriguez was an honorable man.

End of story as far as I am concerned.

Birdwatcher

While I concur with that basic sentiment, the longer I live, the more often I make the statement "I would never have believed XXXX would have YYYYY".

It amazes me how many people will hurt those around them, knowingly and willingly, for some fleeting gratification.

Just because I don't take people at face value doesn't mean I'm not trustworthy.... It just means respect is still something that must be earned.....

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

This.

The shooter was a guy who clearly felt he was losing his wife to other men, even if it was just business. Might be that this new job would have given her the financial stake she needed to go ahead with a divorce.

In his head he wouldn't have to catch 'em any act, that would just be assumed, either present or in the future.

All here who knew him state Mr Rodriguez was an honorable man.

End of story as far as I am concerned.

Birdwatcher

Makes me wonder what ever happened to a good old fashion beating. This jealous husband didn't come across his wife and Greg R in bed together so why the extreme reaction. The guy was definitely a head case.
Why is everyone assuming he was a jealous husband?
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Business relationship or not,it sounds like the shooter didn't think so.Shot the man and beat his wife before shooting himself.
Would you say that's a sane act?
Over on the Accurate Reloading site someone from that country with knowledge of the situation said that Greg had just flown in that afternoon on business and was visiting about business. It was also said that the "husband" was depressed and had stopped taking his meds.

Now who knows what the truth really is but again it would do us all well to quit speculating except to say that two men are dead, two women are without husbands, and 3 children are without dads.
Why is everyone assuming he was a jealous husband?

Because the local paper here said so.
Let's see here. Married guy comes in from out of town on a "business trip", meets a married female "employee" and at 10:30 pm they are having a "business" meeting over a "glass of wine" in a private residence. Be honest guys. How many of you are married to a woman who would buy that story? Does the boss of this company that posted here think this is a proper business meeting? I feel sorry for the children that have been damaged by this foolish chain of events.
Who's to say that the same kook wouldn't've have done exactly the same thing at a sidewalk bus stop in broad daylight if that'd been when the notion struck 'im?
Originally Posted by M7300SAUM
Let's see here. Married guy comes in from out of town on a "business trip", meets a married female "employee" and at 10:30 pm they are having a "business" meeting over a "glass of wine" in a private residence. Be honest guys. How many of you are married to a woman who would buy that story? Does the boss of this company that posted here think this is a proper business meeting? I feel sorry for the children that have been damaged by this foolish chain of events.

Thats what I said earlier in this thread. By the reaction I got you would think I had come out against apple pie, motherhood, the flag, and John Wayne.
And folks say women gossip! A doubt more than a handful of folks here even knew the victim in passing and yet everybody has an opinion..

Whatever happened, surely his wife and kids deserve a little more compassion from the very community the victim did so much to support?
Who's to say that the same kook wouldn't've have done exactly the same thing at a sidewalk bus stop in broad daylight if that'd been when the notion struck 'im?
I sat on a jury panel one time and will never forget what the presiding judge told the members of the jury. "Don't leave your good judgement at home". The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test to me. If you want to believe that there was not something a little strange about this deal then you have a personal agenda. I have no agenda. I never heard of any of the players until I read this thread.
I've sat on a slew of juries and testified as a witness in a bunch of courts-martial and trials. One not-to-be-forgotten consideration is the crucial distinction between two drastically different meanings of the carelessly thrown-around word opinion.

Not whether I thought that the defendant should pay for the plaintiff's lost eye, for example, but what I thought that the presented evidence indicated. A moral opinion versus a legal or technical opinion, if you will.

Mountain of difference.

I've sat on a slew of juries and testified as a witness in a bunch of courts-martial and trials. One not-to-be-forgotten consideration is the crucial distinction between two drastically different meanings of the carelessly thrown-around word opinion.

Not whether I thought that the defendant should pay for the plaintiff's lost eye, for example, but what I thought that the presented evidence indicated. A moral opinion versus a legal or technical opinion, if you will.

Mountain of difference.

Good grief man. This is a social forum where opinions are the order of the day. What I believe to be true will have no bearing on any court case. All that I am saying is that we all go through life and our thoughts are formed by life experience and you of course are free to believe anything you wish, just as I am. Since none of the players are alive or inclined to admit to any indiscretions the truth is in the eye of public opinion. End of story. I notice that none have came forward to say that their spouse would buy the story that some wish were so.

Mountain of difference.

� the truth is in the eye of public opinion. End of story. �

Not so.

The earth was round long before there was any public acceptance of the notion that it wasn't flat.

Facts are facts, impervious to opinions public or private.

Mountain of difference.

� the truth is in the eye of public opinion. End of story. �

Not so.

The earth was round long before there was any public acceptance of the notion that it wasn't flat.

Facts are facts, impervious to opinions public or private.
I don't think this ranks that high but whatever blows your skirt up. Done
Would love to see Rick Bin [bleep] every word that has been written concerning this incident. Otherwise this opinionated horseshit will be around for ages for whomever to search and read.

Would you want your children reading this about their dad... if it is not the truth?
Greg Rodriguez Obituary in today's Houston Chronicle:

GREGORY G. RODRIGUEZ , age 43, passed away Thursday, March 7, 2013, in Whitefish, Montana. Greg was a wonderful husband, father, son, brother and friend. He is survived by his wife, Lisa; and his children, Chloe and Cole; along with many loving family members and friends. We love him and will miss him dearly. Funeral Arrangements are pending at this time.
I notice that none have came forward to say that their spouse would buy the story that some wish were so.

Perhaps no one cares to dignify your [bleep]-tardness.
I don't think this ranks that high but whatever blows your skirt up.

A little proof don't mean much. crazy One time my wife was acting kinda pizzed off, for a couple of days, and I couldn't think of anything that I had done. So, I asked her what was wrong. It seems that a few nights before she had dreamed that I had a girl friend, and that me and the girl friend had a baby together. One night we wanted to go dancing and so we left the baby with my wife to babysit. Now her words were, "I know that it was just a dream but having me babysit your baby while y'all went dancing, just pizzed me off". Women, what you going to do? confused miles
Dude,

You offer a slanderous opinion about a deceased member of this board...somewhere the deceased's family is certain to go and you are surprised that some of us take offense?
Originally Posted by Pete E
And folks say women gossip! A doubt more than a handful of folks here even knew the victim in passing and yet everybody has an opinion..

Whatever happened, surely his wife and kids deserve a little more compassion from the very community the victim did so much to support?

Same thought Pete. I cannot fathom how grown "MEN" can gossip like this. Total disrespect for the dead and his family. Lot of dickheads going on ignore.
Done

Good. It's about time. BYE.....

Um, but he didn't do that. And that's the facts.
Originally Posted by milespatton
� One time my wife was acting kinda pizzed off, for a couple of days, and I couldn't think of anything that I had done. So, I asked her what was wrong. It seems that a few nights before she had dreamed that I had a girl friend, and that me and the girl friend had a baby together. One night we wanted to go dancing and so we left the baby with my wife to babysit. Now her words were, "I know that it was just a dream but having me babysit your baby while y'all went dancing, just pizzed me off". Women, what you going to do? confused miles

I once counseled a couple who were about to get divorced because the wife had dreamed that her husband was boffing her best friend and knew that it was just a dream.

(Quite a while later, ironically, developments revealed that he was indeed boffing her "best friend" and had been for years. Interesting, huh?)
Interesting, huh?

Sure is, but I assure you that I had no girl friend with or without a baby, and if I would have, I for sure would not have taken them to my wife to babysit for me. I do not have a death wish. grin miles
Never meant to assume or to imply otherwise, Amigo!
Oh never mind.

Dink
the police said it appears nothing was going on between Greg and this Woman , but this isn't facts, just the Police Chief opinion. What we believe doesn't mean chit, it really comes down to what his wife believes and what his kids grow up believing . They are the ones who will suffer for the rest of their lives over Greg decision to pay a late night visit to a married woman without her Husband present in the middle of the night regardless of his reason.
Originally Posted by GeoW
Would love to see Rick Bin [bleep] every word that has been written concerning this incident. Otherwise this opinionated horseshit will be around for ages for whomever to search and read.

Would you want your children reading this about their dad... if it is not the truth?

Word, bro.
Sad.
Censorship will change nothing . You really think this is the only forum discussing this? What world are you living in?
Not going to speculate on a thing.. RIP to both fellas.
Censorship will change nothing . You really think this is the only forum discussing this? What world are you living in?

So if someone else is doing it, too.........all bets are off, in your world?
Guess that makes you righter?
Hope you or your loved ones ever face this "problem".
I have trouble believing you would feel the same if it was your family in these shoes.
Calling 10:30 PM "late at night" or "in the middle of the night" as many have is ridiculous. As ridiculous as all the other bs speculation.
All in absentia speculation is mental manure. Even speculation at the crime scene is infinitely shaky. The farther from the scene, the greater the certainty of stupidity.

Distant assumptions are down-right toxic.

Bob A. there's nothing wrong with taking a higher path is there ?
Never meant to assume or to imply otherwise

I knew that, but others but there are others here. grin miles
Originally Posted by milespatton
Never meant to assume or to imply otherwise.

I knew that, but there are others here. grin miles

Yeah.

Too bad who, huh? laugh
I see the Peyton Place for lunch bunch is alive here. Give it a rest ladies.
I have an idea. Let's bury the dead & this thread.
Originally Posted by BarryC
I have an idea. Let's bury the dead & this thread.

Yes!
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I see the Peyton Place for lunch bunch is alive here. Give it a rest ladies.

That's funny right there.
Originally Posted by wageslave

So if someone else is doing it, too.........all bets are off, in your world?
Guess that makes you righter?
Hope you or your loved ones ever face this "problem".
I have trouble believing you would feel the same if it was your family in these shoes.

If they ever do i sure as hell won't make excuses for them . If you think that, then you don't know me very well.
The 24-Hour Campfire � where the drizzly sh�ts go on longer than the Everready bunny ever dreams of going.
you should know , you keep pushing it.
© 24hourcampfire