Home
I cannot find ANY updates or info on the situation in Waco...that is just buttstupid that our own country news is so hellbent on getting/being famous that they aren't covering that!!
What's the situation in Waco?

West Texas Plant Explosion. Nearest big town is Waco.
Ah, yeah if the OP said West, TX then I would have understood.

I find lots of stuff on that scenario and it's been reported on a lot in the news....
There was a news conf at noon. Over 100 homes and businesses destroyed. 50 checked have been checked 12 dead confirmed. 60 unaccounted for. Cronyn, Cruz, and rep Williams all in conf. 3 fire trucks and one ems vehicle destroyed in initial blast. Caught nippets as was getting ready to take wifey n for a biopsy. Still lots of investigation. Hope I've got this correct!

Bob
Originally Posted by 219Zipper
I cannot find ANY updates or info on the situation in Waco...that is just buttstupid that our own country news is so hellbent on getting/being famous that they aren't covering that!!
See Rio's post about the reporters there this morning and their reaction to the suspect's in the Boston Marathon Massacre. You could tell they were just sore as hell that they were stuck in some backwater like Waco when all the "real" news was happening in some great liberal mecca like Boston.

No offense to all the great conservatives from Massachusetts that post here.
Waiting for OSHA to come in and fine the company out of existence.

Then it will be newsworthy.

Buncha Texians getting killed counts for nothing with the MSM.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
There was a news conf at noon. Over 100 homes and businesses destroyed. 50 checked have been checked 12 dead confirmed. 60 unaccounted for. Cronyn, Cruz, and rep Williams all in conf. 3 fire trucks and one met vehicle destroyed in initial blast. Caught nippets as was getting ready to take wifey n for a biopsy. Still lots of investigation. Hope I've got this correct!

Bob
Said a prayer for your wife. Hope everything goes well.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
There was a news conf at noon. Over 100 homes and businesses destroyed. 50 checked have been checked 12 dead confirmed. 60 unaccounted for. Cronyn, Cruz, and rep Williams all in conf. 3 fire trucks and one met vehicle destroyed in initial blast. Caught nippets as was getting ready to take wifey n for a biopsy. Still lots of investigation. Hope I've got this correct!

Bob
Said a prayer for your wife. Hope everything goes well.

I second this...
Thanks! I know all will be well. Lots of folks pull in' for her!!!!
Thank you! Its been tough finding info. And ditto on the prayers for your wife, I send my best wishes for all. Stay strong!
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Waiting for OSHA to come in and fine the company out of existence.

Then it will be newsworthy.

Buncha Texians getting killed counts for nothing with the MSM.
I was waiting for you to say that so you could take the hit for it but I could still comment. smile So now that the cat is outa' the bag, so to speak... Boston is liberal and in a Blue State. Those folks are to be protected as a group. Texans not so much since y'all are a Red State.

It's just a subset of Hillbill's old, "political friends are rewarded and political enemies are punished".
Waco = dead Texans
Boston = dead Democrats

Who do you think the MSM cares more about?
The West, Texas explosion mystifies me. Who in their right mind would allow a fertilizer plant with 278 TONS of ammonium nitrate within the city limits, much less 2 block from apartments, 4 blocks from a nursing home and, 5 blocks from the only hospital in town. Someone needs to be fired!

Texas regulators last inspected the plant 10 years ago or so (discreteness were corrected by the operator), but the basic issue of a powder keg near people wasn't considered. This is similar to making sure pit bulls in the area of children have their licenses and then being surprised when a dog kills a child.
The Houston Chronicle is now saying 15 dead, 60 missing and over 200 injuries. They are still canvassing area hospitals to nail down the actual numbers.
The town built to the plant.Just about every small ag town in the us has the same thing going on. I farm but live in town. I am 4 blocks from dry fertilizer and 2 blocks from andhydrous ammonia storage. There are houses across the street from the dry fertilizer. Pretty normal in rural USA. ED K
Originally Posted by edk
The town built to the plant.Just about every small ag town in the us has the same thing going on. I farm but live in town. I am 4 blocks from dry fertilizer and 2 blocks from andhydrous ammonia storage. There are houses across the street from the dry fertilizer. Pretty normal in rural USA. ED K
Exactly. And most of us run our heaters and cookstoves on propane. Lots of us have 500 gallon tanks which amount to bombs waiting to go off. Some have 1000 gallon ones. The farther away from your house it is the more line you have to run and the more line, the more chance of leaks. Leaks cause explosions. It's a Catch-22.

It takes fertilizer to produce the agricultural products that feed our country and the world. Just how it is in rural America.
Has something new happened in Waco in the past 20 years? What are you expecting?
Well, we aren't expecting you to wake up any time soon.

Come back when you find out how much Zero puts the squeeze on Putins balls before he swallows.
And this had what to do with Waco 20 years ago?
15 dead,60 missing and over 200 injuries and nwa TRIES to make a joke,SICK!!
I agree. I Have friends that live in West very close to the plant. Thank God they are ok.
I have noticed that there are a lot of idiots on this website that thrive on trolling and trying to start arguments. And some of them have multiple ID's on here so they can pretend they are different people arguing with you, to boot.

To encapsulate this, people with no personality attempt to use multiple ID's to pretend they have many.
Media rather watch the Red Sox.
Where's Blue?
Speaking of trolls, look who popped up, the great grandmother of all trolls herself!
West is a mostly Czech farmer town about 20 miles north of Waco. Until now, known for Kalaches and such. Cool town right off I-35.
You got me confused with my other log on.
Watched Anderson Cooper reporting from there last night wearing a Carhart jacket. He was back in Boston today wearing a business suit. Guess he is trying to blend into whatever environment he is in.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Where's Blue?
He was last online early this morning.
It's common for stupid Gov't pukes to be mystified at what goes on in the real world.
Originally Posted by JMR40
Watched Anderson Cooper reporting from there last night wearing a Carhart jacket. He was back in Boston today wearing a business suit. Guess he is trying to blend into whatever environment he is in.

That explains what was on his chin when he did the gay bathhouse story.
Is Anderson Cooper gay? I know I'm not fond of his politics. But gay? I don't think so.
Yes he is according to Anderson Cooper in HuffPost:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/anderson-cooper-gay-glaad-awards-interview-_n_2854085.html

It's fly-over country, get used to it.
There was a very long and detailed story about the explosion (on NBC no less) last night.

If there's a conspiracy to punish the Red states NBC is doing a poor job of it...

© 24hourcampfire