Home
Posted By: FlaRick Tree Pollen - 04/26/13
Spring came early to Nelson County, Virginia this year. Even the trees on the higher elevation have their leaves now. It sure is pretty but with the new leaves comes the pollen.

Everything outside is coated with a light green layer of the stuff. And, my allergies are killing me. Claritin isn't doing much good. In Florida we have palm trees and live oaks. There will be times when I might sneeze a couple of times and my eyes will itch. This Virginia stuff is a completely different animal. Can't keep enough kleenex in stock!
Posted By: ColKlink Re: Tree Pollen - 04/26/13
We're through the worst of it here in Georgia but everything is still yellow. Fortunately, it doesn't bother me.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Tree Pollen - 04/26/13
Chlorphenaramine.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Chlortabs-Tablets-Antihistamine/14053323
Posted By: JAP Re: Tree Pollen - 04/26/13
I'm coughing up about a pound of tree pollen loogies every morning.

Jim
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Tree Pollen - 04/26/13
The schit is killing me now, every year when the trees start getting their leaves I am miserable for around a week. After the first wave i am usually fine the rest of the year. No other pollen bothers me except tree pollen.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Tree Pollen - 04/26/13
It doesn't bother me at all. I just wish it would end as I am tired of cleaning the mess--
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Tree Pollen - 04/26/13
eat LOCAL bee/honey.....they gather the pollen ....make honey wit it ...and u get all the benneys..... bye bye pollen sniff'ills
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Tree Pollen - 04/26/13
Ours is pretty well gone here but it was so bad that sometimes if there was a light breeze, it looked like yellow smoke when you looked down the street.
At the rate spring is progressing here, it will be another 6 weeks.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Tree Pollen - 04/26/13
what spring???? 18 this morin ....hard-n-hard water in the tanana.
25* here in the bananer belt.
Posted By: Hoyt Re: Tree Pollen - 04/27/13
It drove me crazy when I lived around Augusta, Ga...pine tree pollen..worst I've ever seen around there. Terrible on black auto's also. Never had a problem with pollen anywhere else.
Posted By: JoeMama Re: Tree Pollen - 04/27/13
http://classic.wunderground.com/DisplayPollen.asp?Zipcode=22949

About two inches down the page:

"Pollen Index for Lovingston, VA
Pollen data provided by Pollen.com

Oak, Birch and Maple."
© 24hourcampfire