Home
Posted By: eyeball Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Fearing unionization (and subsequent bankruptcy).
Posted By: johnw Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Boeing is not leaving Washington. All of their production facilities will remain.

They do intend to relocate their corporate HQ, and to decentralize control of their major divisions.
Funny that Chicago would be considered as a site for their new HQ if they were trying to leave unions behind.
Posted By: logger Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Didn't Boeing move its headquarters to Chicago years ago?
Posted By: Longbob Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Boeing's headquarters has been in Chicago since 2001. I remember when they were talking about moving it and the DFW area was in contention. The talk at the time was that they chose Chicago because of Lake Michigan and how it would cater better to the executives with the large boats as a replacement somewhat for Puget Sound.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Originally Posted by Longbob
Boeing's headquarters has been in Chicago since 2001.

Real hot news scoop, Eyejob.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
There are rumblings of them moving a great part if not all manufacturing to places like South Carolina. That would be the anti-union aspect of the story.
Posted By: Plinker Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Originally Posted by eyeball
Fearing unionization (and subsequent bankruptcy).

LINK?
There are rumblings of them moving a great part if not all manufacturing to places like South Carolina. That would be the anti-union aspect of the story.

I have heard that Boeing would like to build a second production line for the 787. With the safety issues that the 787 is having, i don't know of that will come off.
If it does, I've heard that eastern Europe is as likely a spot as South Carolina.

I remember the talk about Boeing looking at chicago for a HQ. Odd that I live 120 miles from there and never heard that it happened.

As far as I know, even Boeing's white collar bunch is union. Not sure how far that extends.

Manufacturers worldwide are focusing more on bottom line profits and less on core product issues. Investor driven business models generally focus on the near term. Hope that doesn't occur with Boeing.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Darn. I guess Foxy News just got the story several years late.
Posted By: rte Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Here is the real story.

BOEING MOVING HUNDREDS OF JOBS TO NONUNION LOCATIONS

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...g-Hundreds-Of-Jobs-To-Nonunion-Locations

On Friday, Boeing announced plans to transfer 300 engineering jobs from Washington state to nonunion locations in Long Beach, California and North Charleston, South Carolina.

The aeronautics giant also says it is considering opening a new design facility in Kiev, Ukraine to support its Moscow operations, which employ 1,200 workers.
�It doesn�t mean the sky is failing,� Gov. Jay Inslee�s aerospace chief Alex Pietsch told the Seattle Times. "They are not leaving. They are just diversifying. It�s the nature of the industry and the way things seem to be going.�
Boeing�s decision to shift work to the nonunion South Carolina location comes on the heels of its April announcement that it would make a $1 billion investment in its South Carolina operations.

Last week, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and the Courier of Charleston obtained an email sent to South Carolina Boeing workers from general plant manager Jack Jones that encouraged them not to unionize.

"I want to be clear that it's Boeing's desire to remain union-free in South Carolina so we can keep the open culture of collaboration between teammates that we're all working hard to build,� Jones wrote. �I firmly believe a union is not in your best interest, nor is it in the best interest of our company, our BSC site, our customers, nor our community."

Boeing employs over 170,000 workers worldwide.
300 engineering jobs moving from WA to SoCal does not equate to Boeing leaving WA.
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Originally Posted by logger
Didn't Boeing move its headquarters to Chicago years ago?

BINGO someone has it right.

Originally Posted by Plinker
300 engineering jobs moving from WA to SoCal does not equate to Boeing leaving WA.

But it is another attempt for employee take aways. Too bad some of those take aways aren't coming from Jimbo McNerney who is the first CEO to ever deliver an Airplane not only late but 3 years late. Even at that he got what a 20 million dollar boneass. But the company just can't afford many employee benefits any more. Just ask Jimbo.

Boeing's headquarters has been in Chicago since 2001. I remember when they were talking about moving it and the DFW area was in contention. The talk at the time was that they chose Chicago because of Lake Michigan and how it would cater better to the executives with the large boats as a replacement somewhat for Puget Sound.

The fact is when bOEING paid McDougal Dauglass to take them over a large number of the McDougal share holders wanted the HQ in Chitcago because it was closer to them and would cut their travel to share holder meeting. When the dust all settled McDougal share holders owned the greatest share of bOEING. Not a bad scam if you can get a company to pay you for buying them out. Plus pay to upgrade most of you're behind the times computing technology you have neglected for ten years.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Sounds like yet another case of a union wanting to be where it's not needed. The unions originally were born out of the horrible conditions in the mines, the packing houses, and the railroads. They were sorely needed at that time and a lot of blood was spilled before they won and got decent working conditions for the members. However, that's not the case with a company like Boeing. Here the union would just be a greed and power grab.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Sounds like yet another case of a union wanting to be where it's not needed. The unions originally were born out of the horrible conditions in the mines, the packing houses, and the railroads. They were sorely needed at that time and a lot of blood was spilled before they won and got decent working conditions for the members. However, that's not the case with a company like Boeing. Here the union would just be a greed and power grab.

I see you haven't worked for boeing lately.
Posted By: Gus Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
keeping their HQ's flagged in the US is going to become job one.

South Carolina would be a last ditch effort to keep their flag stateside, imho.

they can go anywhere in the world, based upon offers recieved.

and who could blame them?
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
would the last Boeing employee to leave Washington please take down the flag?
That line has been around for a lot of years
Originally Posted by TBREW401
would the last Boeing employee to leave Washington please take down the flag?
That line has been around for a lot of years

Actually the quote was "will the last Boeing employee to leave Seattle turn out the lights". In 1969.
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Actually the quote was "will the last Boeing employee to leave Seattle turn out the lights". In 1969.

Yep. It was widely said when I lived in Seattle 1986-1987.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Boeing has owned and used the Long Beach, CA plant for years, purchasing it from the McDonald Douglas company. Their plan from what I've read so far is to move their division that deals with the maintenance and upkeep of planes that they no longer produce to Long Beach from Washington which will wind up with the relocation of some 300 employees from the Washington plant.

Doesn't mean anything except that Boeing is making use of property they already own, and one which is a huge site.

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Boeing has owned and used the Long Beach, CA plant for years, purchasing it from the McDonald Douglas company. Their plan from what I've read so far is to move their division that deals with the maintenance and upkeep of planes that they no longer produce to Long Beach from Washington which will wind up with the relocation of some 300 employees from the Washington plant.

Doesn't mean anything except that Boeing is making use of property they already own, and one which is a huge site.

Phil

What it really means is bOEING McDougal sold off a ton of Kaliforniastan properties so that they could show share holders a profit while they were losing their ass. But they kept a few more valuable properties. I doubt you're ever going to see anything substanial ever happen behind the citrus curtian. Other little games are being played.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
They shut down Wichita, KS with 2,000 jobs, moved 200 select employees to OKC.

Just in time for the tornados.

DF

Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

Yep it was a total union busting move. Not that that breaks my heart but it turned out to be not more than a corperate take away from employess their most valued resource to hear them talk to a total large hand out to greedy corperate officers.
Posted By: ribka Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
I know quite few guys that work at Boeing. Some in IT, management and some on the line. Have not heard any positive pro union stories from any of them.

A contractor went to repair a machine in the plant. he arrived earlyin the morning. Union contract stipulated he had to be accompanied by a union member at all times. He met met by a union member in the morning. Told by union member that union member had his break and contractor to wait. 2 hours later union member returns and said he has lunch. So contractor had to waito again to do repair. mind you all this time the line is down so no work for many union people in the factory. Two hours later union guy returns from lunch accompanies contractor to machine. 15 min later told stop work as union member's break. he stops working and waits. An hour later union member returns and says come back next day to finish 30 min repair.

Why is Boeing leaving Washington state again?
Originally Posted by ribka
I know quite few guys that work at Boeing. Some in IT, management and some on the line. Have not heard any positive pro union stories from any of them.

A contractor went to repair a machine in the plant. he arrived earlyin the morning. Union contract stipulated he had to be accompanied by a union member at all times. He met met by a union member in the morning. Told by union member that union member had his break and contractor to wait. 2 hours later union member returns and said he has lunch. So contractor had to waito again to do repair. mind you all this time the line is down so no work for many union people in the factory. Two hours later union guy returns from lunch accompanies contractor to machine. 15 min later told stop work as union member's break. he stops working and waits. An hour later union member returns and says come back next day to finish 30 min repair.

Why is Boeing leaving Washington state again?

Because they want all employees union and non union to take a 40 to 60% cut in pay. They have already forced many IT works out by outsourcing and they leave and go to the new company many times in the same place they worked the day before for 40 to 60% less. It sure would be interest to know who really owns those outsource companies and how much money is flowing back into the hands up upper bOEING management?
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

Yep it was a total union busting move. Not that that breaks my heart but it turned out to be not more than a corperate take away from employess their most valued resource to hear them talk to a total large hand out to greedy corperate officers.

I've heard that, but the guys that moved were union members.

When they go to a non-union area, do they give up the union? I haven't heard that to be a condition of their employment in OKC.

DF
Things were so good at bOEING in 1999 the non union salaried employees damn near voted in a union. That doesn't happen in good companies. Not that a union was the real answer but sometimes people get tired of being treated like [bleep]!

After the vote failed bOEING startd the mass outsourcing of IT.
6 or 7 years ago elk hunting in e Washington I drove by an elk camp with about 2 doz Boeing on strike signs posted around the elk camp. apparently the union guys were on strike while out elk hunting on Boeing's dime. I stopped to talk to them. Half of them were three sheets to the wind at 9 in the morning. Thought it was pretty funny. Those awful Boeing working conditions.
6 or 7 years ago elk hunting in e Washington I drove by an elk camp with about 2 doz Boeing on strike signs posted around the elk camp. apparently the union guys were on strike while out elk hunting on Boeing's dime. I stopped to talk to them. Half of them were three sheets to the wind at 9 in the morning. Thought it was pretty funny. Those awful Boeing working conditions.

Dont kid yourself those bOEING stikers were not getting one bOEING dime. I might add they were also getting very little from their unyine.
Have to agree about the outsourcing of production though.

My understanding is that it is part of the buying contracts with countries they sell their planes to. Kind of a jobs for planes agreement.

does not seem to be working out very well for Boeing meeting deadlnes and quality control
Have to agree about the outsourcing of production though.

My understanding is that it is part of the buying contracts with countries they sell their planes to. Kind of a jobs for planes agreement.

does not seem to be working out very well for Boeing meeting deadlnes and quality control

Yah that was a great idea wasn't it. It made the 787 three years late and damn near distoryed the Boing co.

So... Just how is an on strike worker on Boeings dime?

You sound like you're full of [bleep].
So where did the striking union members get the money to pay for the big tents, vehicles, gas, booze to get wasted, hunting licenses to go elk hunting?

if they became injured who would pay for their medical insurance?
From whom did they receive money to feed their family and purchase their home?

Boeing or their union?

Please provide proof

I thought poor mistreated starving workers on strike stayed home to save money or walked a picket line?

I had to work during the week while the poor starving mistreated Boeing union elk hunters partied in elk camp. No sympathy from me

Dont kid yourself those bOEING stikers were no getting one bOEING dime. I might add they were also getting very little from their unyine.
I know too many people and have non union brainwashed friends that have worked for Boeing many years and have heard the stories.

Laffin
So where did the striking union members get the money to pay for the big tents, vehicles, gas, booze to get wasted, hunting licenses to go elk hunting?

Boeing or their union?

Please provide proof

I thought poor mistreated starving workers on strike stayed home to save money or walked a picket line?

I had to work during the week while the poor starving mistreated Boeing union elk hunters partied in elk camp. No sympathy from me

Dont kid yourself those bOEING stikers were no getting one bOEING dime. I might add they were also getting very little from their unyine.

Well you're clueless. When you go on stirke at boeing your medical benefits end and when what you have paid for runs out which is the end of that month. If you wanted extended benefits for you and your family it comes out of your pocket in the form of COBRA or some other private program you pay for. Let me tell you that you are very poorly informed or miss informed.

You are hearing this from someone that has never belonged to a unyine.
I know very well what the Boeing union workers receive don 't receive on strike.
Did they receive back pay when off of strike? My union neighbor friend said he did.

I was referring to working for Boeing in general.

So Boeing does not provide any type of med insurance and retirement, vacation
For it's union workers? Boeing only pays min wage.? Funny All the poorly paid Boeing union workers I know with just a HS education own houses, big boats, RV's , hunt and fish out of state. Those poor union workers! They should burn down Boeing factories for it's mistreatment

So again uninsured,starving poorly paid striking Boeing union workers were forced to buy an elk license and party, drink all week at elk camp while I had to work?

Boeing or their union?

Please provide proof

Well you're clueless. When you go on stirke at boeig your medical benefits end and when what you have paid for runs out which is the end of that month. If you wanted extended benefits for you and your family it comes out of your pocket in the form of COBRA or some other private program you pay for. Let me tell you that you are very poorly informed or miss informed.

Well at least your union and your donations help elect Patty Murray, Cantwell, Boxer, Feinstein and Obama. I"LL give your precious union credit for this.

Boeing or their union?

Please provide proof

Well you're clueless. When you go on stirke at boeing your medical benefits end and when what you have paid for runs out which is the end of that month. If you wanted extended benefits for you and your family it comes out of your pocket in the form of COBRA or some other private program you pay for. Let me tell you that you are very poorly informed or miss informed.

They pay you for what you have worked so if they owed you for days when you went on strike you get paid for that.

It comes out of their pocket short the $75 a week the unyine gives them while they are on strike. You really need to get your [bleep] packed into small tighter balls if you're going to talk to someone that knows.

You get no vacation pay when the unyine is on strike. Boeing would pay minimum wage if they could get away with it.

As for edafacated people if you're one you still don't know the facts about this you're as blind as [bleep]!
Posted By: eyeball Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/02/13
Unions sure helped Detroit, Pittsburgh, Akron and Bethlehem out.

They take their members money, give it to Dimocraps and they help the US out.

Pushing the open borders has really helped the American workers out, too.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say unions have helped the muzzy brotherhood in Egypt get $1.5 billion and a bunch of Air Force jets.

Well, anything to help the good ole brotherhood, even if it means no drilling in the Gulf and no keystone and $3.50 gas. At least the muzzy brotherhood gets gas at 6 cents a gallon.
Unions help union out don't kid yourself they are the closest thing to politicos you can find. But frankly they happen most time due to poor management. Then everyone loses.

I had a friend in the food business and they union tried to keep forcing their way into his business. One day the local union people came in and he said here look at my books tell me where I'm going to find the money you are trying to get out of me. The Union person said that's not our problem.

The following Monday he put his business up for sale the union people went nuts. He told them to FOAD and retired at 48. Not rich but comfortabley.

Your precious union lost all of my remaining sympathy when you and your union helped elect Obama in 2008. You union people made your bed when you became a money laundering tool for radical socialists. Time to lay in your union bed.

Your protests are falling on deaf ears here.

I worked in a union environment and so has my wife. I saw how "hard" union members worked. Both the sober and non sober ones. We both chose to not work in that environment again

Originally Posted by johnw

So... Just how is an on strike worker on Boeings dime?

You sound like you're full of [bleep].
Your mentality is only sligthy mared but expected there aren't enough union members in the country to vote that turd in. So you need to go back to the drawing board before you get your ass handed to you again!

In fact I know a lot of union members that are as conservative as me or more but are forced to join the unyine to hold their job. They decided they'd like to bring the family more dollars. You could at try to come off intelligent rather than just anti union. I don't like unions either but I understand and have seen why they are with us.
Posted By: Gus Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/03/13
it sounds like no arrangements have been made to outsource overseas.

i hope all the jobs can remain in the US, no matter if they are union or non-union. we need those jobs to remain right here Stateside.
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/03/13
Originally Posted by Gus
it sounds like no arrangements have been made to outsource overseas.
st
i hope all the jobs can remain in the US, no matter if they are union or non-union. we need those jobs to remain right here Stateside.

Boeing outsourced for one reason the bottom line and they didn't do their home work. It will impact all union and non union workers and their numbers in the company. They should have built the plane first then had a plan to slowly outsource the less credical parts first then the more technical stuff latter. But hey the big boys got to eager for bigger boneasses sooner.
Posted By: johnw Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/03/13
You spout what you claim as second hand info. I call bullshit.

Neither Boeing, or any other company pays a worker who is on strike. And no... there is no back pay for the time spent on strike.

I suspect that you are a liar who makes up your story as you go along.
Posted By: ribka Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/03/13
Just called my neighbor who has worked for Boeing since 1992. He says otherwise

Boeing pays damn well for someone with no skills and a HS diploma. Why the hatred?

Again no sympathy for union folks like you who donated millions of your money to elect Obama TWICE. So you are a conservative but give your money to help elect people like Obama. People like union supported Obama raise taxes on businesses, enact crazy EPA and OSHA guideline and drive businesses (jobs) to flee overseas. Your union just came out for illegal immigration which drives down wages for Americans. Please explain your convoluted union logic

How much did your union donate to business friendly conservative or TEA party candidates?

Zero

Asking again-So who signs your pay check and provides your insurance and retirement? Boeing or your Obama luvin union?

More hatred from socialist union tards that hate capitalism, and vilify business owners. Why don't you stop whining and start your own business? If I was a business owner I would get the heck out of Washington state too.

You can peddle your pro Obama socialist union elsewhere

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/labor_big_real_heavy_sleeper_jl3C7gI710FI3XqpEl5o3O

Labor big a real heavy sleeper
Just another doze at the office for union�s �scarf-&-snore� prez

By RICH CALDER
Last Updated: 8:32 AM, May 29, 2013
Posted: 1:31 AM, May 28, 2013
EXCLUSIVE
Union fat cat Mark Rosenthal spends more time sleeping at his desk than organizing labor, a series of damning photos reveals.

The 400-pound president of Local 983 of District Council 37 � the city�s largest blue-collar municipal-workers union � often downs a huge meal, then drops into dreamland in the early afternoon, members of the union�s executive board told The Post.

IT'S A DREAM JOB: Mark Rosenthal, who pulls in $156,000 a year as head of Local 983 of District Council 37, nods off at his desk during one of a series of postlunch naps that have outraged members of the union�s executive board.
�He eats lunch when he arrives at work at 2 p.m. Then, like clockwork, he goes to sleep with a cup of soda on the table and the straw in it,� said Marvin Robbins, a union vice president.

�Then he wakes up, looks at his watch and says, �I have to get out before the traffic gets bad.� He�s usually out by 4 p.m. after being at the office two hours.�

Rosenthal is a former Parks Department employee who rose to power campaigning to rid the union of corruption in the late 1990s.

He last made embarrassing headlines in 2009, when he inspired a City Council bill requiring jumbo-size ambulances for morbidly obese patients after he had a stroke at City Hall.

Since then, he hasn�t been making much of an effort to give the city�s ambulances a break and slim down. Union officials say he racks up $1,400 in monthly food bills on the union dime.

Much of the 5-foot-7, 400-plus-pound Rosenthal�s food tabs are for catered union events and meals he writes off as �union business,� board members claim.

They say he significantly overorders at eateries like Dallas BBQ, the Stage Door Deli and Pine Restaurant in The Bronx, a hangout for local politicians, and takes the extra food back to his Bronxdale apartment.

�He�s always walking off with a doggie bag or extra boxes of food,� said another executive board member.

Rosenthal, who earns $156,000 annually, yesterday denied being a free spender� and insisted he works �12-to-14-hour days.�

He says the allegations are �part of a smear campaign� by a faction trying to get another Local 983 vice president, Joseph Puleo, elected president in a June 5 showdown.

He said it�s normal for executives to take �power naps.�

He also blamed his meetings with the sandman on the effects of pain medication he takes for backaches he has suffered since he fell through a chair at a McDonald�s last year.

�The chair broke because I�m big,� Rosenthal said.

�I�m 60 years old, so if I eat during my lunch hour and take a little medication, can�t I close my eyes?� he said outside his apartment complex. �Is it so outrageous?�

Rosenthal is also under fire from the union�s executive board for allowing lawyer Arthur Schwartz to allegedly rack up an average of $12,000 a month in union legal fees for years despite being on a $5,500 monthly retainer, board members said.

But Schwartz claims he has submitted only one monthly bill over $10,000 in 15 years representing the union and averages about $7,000 per month in fees.

APRIL 2, 2013
The executive board on May 15 voted to fire Schwartz anyway � and also to pull Rosenthal�s union car.

Board members said they were furious enough to fire Schwartz because he pursued a lawsuit on Rosenthal�s behalf aimed at changing the makeup of the union�s election committee after it nominated Puleo as a candidate for president on May 7.

Rosenthal responded to Schwartz�s firing by filing another suit days later in Manhattan Supreme Court, claiming the May 15 meeting occurred without his approval.

The suit also accuses executive board members of using union resources to sway the election in Puleo�s favor.

�Mr. Puleo and his cohorts have basically seized control without having won the election,� the suit says.

�Not only that, [but] they have [also] assigned legal work to attorneys, including to Mr. Puleo�s campaign lawyer.�

MARCH 27, 2012
Puleo called Rosenthal�s allegations �absurd,� adding, �He�s the one using the union�s resources to sue members in good standing.�

The case has since been moved to a federal court in Manhattan with a hearing set for today.

The union represents 3,000 workers � mostly Parks Department peace officers and maintenance workers and NYPD tow-truck operators and other traffic agents that are among the lowest-paid city workers.

But they still fork over $1,080 in annual union dues that help fund Rosenthal�s salary and perks.

Rosenthal has headed the union since 1998, when he won an election under the platform of ridding the union of corruption and alleged mob ties. At the time, he called the union a �cesspool.�

Some members say he was a strong labor advocate for the union in his early years, but his questionable spending and sleeping habits � and alleged lack of attention to union issues � in recent years led to Puleo�s campaign.

He has also ruled the union with little opposition in part because he and Schwartz have strong political connections at City Hall, so members say they were afraid to go up against them until now.

�There was always the fear that he�d use his power to retaliate against anyone who spoke up,� Puleo said.

�He always likes to say he�s a big supporter of Mayor Bloomberg and the fact that the mayor called him to thank him for his support when he was elected.

�I would love to see the mayor�s face if he saw the big sodas that he likes to drink. It�s kind of ironic.�

Additional reporting by Lorena Mongelli

Originally Posted by johnw
You spout what you claim as second hand info. I call bullshit.

Neither Boeing, or any other company pays a worker who is on strike. And no... there is no back pay for the time spent on strike.

I suspect that you are a liar who makes up your story as you go along.
LOL are you that stupid or are you just drunk I can't believe a lot more guys haven't called you out on this.

You have zero credibility! Clue one for you don't listen to drunk union workers on strike for facts about the strike etc.
LOL are you that stupid or are you just drunk I can't believe a lot more guys haven't called you out on this.

You have zero credibility! Clue one for you don't listen to drunk union workers on strike for facts about the strike etc.

So unions donated zero dollars to the Obama election machine in 2012?

Unions did not come out last year and support and recruit illegal immigration?

So again trying to follow your logic. You and your union donated money( 100's of millions of dollars) to Obama TWICE and other radical social Democrats and their policies destroyed our economy. Millions of American lost their jobs and health insurance. Now you come on here and want sympathy from non union members?

Who is the one here who is drunk?

Were you one of the drunk union guys "on strike" that I met in E WA elk camps?

So the communist party just gave an award to your union. I guess you changed my mind
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2010/12/09/afl-cio-leader-gladly-accepts-communist-party-award/

Remind you of someone?

About 14% of Americans belong to unions have 14% of the country ever won a election you are aware of.

I will say you are sure good at stepping in the [bleep].
So much did you and your unions donate to socialist radicals like Obama?

Why does your union support the rights of illegal aliens over Americans?

Please prove otherwise. Am waiting

Every read a news paper? Didn't your union luvin hero obama try and destroy Boeing with the National labor relations Board 2 years ago?

More good news for Boeing from your hero Obama. More lost jobs thanks to union luvin Obama

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...-Day-After-Election-To-Announce-Lay-Offs

17ackleybee Obama and the Communist Party both send their thanks

Now I know you're a phuocing drunk! Rotflmao.
About 14% of Americans belong to unions have 14% of the country ever won a election you are aware of.

I will say you are sure good at stepping in the [bleep].

Sorry you hate me for not supporting your hero Obama.

So unions have no political power so Obama sent you and your union brothers to crucial swing states like Ohio to help out and intimidate voters.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/11/are-unions-obamas-secret-weapon-in-ohio/264516/

MONEY WINS ELECTIONS and you and your precious unions donated over $400 million twice ( 2008 2012) to Obama and were instrumental in him and other radicals gaining power.

Nice grade school try union shill.

Tell me again how unions and Obama are good for America

Well since you have no credible Boeing knowledge let me give you a short history lesson Mr. Dogmatic.

Years ago Boeing had a CEO who we will refer to as TAW.
He was elderly and on a few given days a month you would catch ole TA walking around the company talking with employees. Oh the shame.

Time passes and a few CEO's come and go. Then appears a man on the scene that we will for all purposes refer to as Phil Condom. Phil is company grown but has one problem women. He agrees with the McDougal company and move HQ to chitcago. Now there is another man we need to get acquanted with Hairy Stonesucker the number two man. Hairy thinks he's the most important thing since rice because his office is four times larger than Phil's.

Well with Phil's help they set him up and get him out of the way. Now Hairy Stonesucker is the man. But not for long because he loses Boeing a big contract as I remember it because he was Fing a hot peace of something in the Defense department.

But before I get to far ahead of myself ole TAW used to make 1 million a year or just short of it and 700,000 in bonuses in a good year. While being able to afford healthcare,eyecare, dential, retirement all on the company.

Then we skip some time and we move onto Jimbo McNerny. Out of the box without much of a track record he gets about 1.7 million in salary. Oh but not to forget the 22 million dollar signing bonus and several million of dollars in life isurance and numerios other perks. But now things have drastically changed. The boeing company is now only making 1.2 billion a quarter. Now they discover they just can't afford what they did when they made 800,000 profit a year.

You see there are two sides to every coin. But frankly it won't matter to you because you are an anti union Zealot.

Did you ever catch in my posts I've never been a union member? No because you don't have a brain or are too drunk to comprehend or both.
Posted By: tbear Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/03/13
Boeing has Government Services headquarters in Rosslyn, Va. The entire building is top executives & staff. I will not get involved in the union vs. non-union squabble, but these executives are extremely well paid as well as staff. Most of the executives drive luxury cars or exotic sport cars. Even secretaries drive top of the line Toyotas or other very nice SUV's. Every day hoards of food is brought in for the executives & a large kitchen staff does set up. They have their own gym & every benefit you can imagine. In general, the executives live like royalty here.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/03/13

My favorite uncle worked as a Boeing Union employee in production, flight test and as a field rep. He was a life-long loyal member of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers and didn't learn a thing when he helped that union destroy his prior 25 year employer Eastern Airlines. I liked him a lot and as he was dying of self-inflicted lung cancer he finally acknowledged that the union he had supported for 40 years was a near-sighted self-serving organization that was not out to help employees and was simply working to perpetuate the class warfare of the left for their own gain.
Pugs what you say is very true. The problem is you need to figure out who is going to F you less. Guess that's why I have never belonged to a union. I did believe in one thing while I was working make yourself so valuable they can't afford to lose you. When I left my last job I made it look so easy they thought they would just push my job onto another person. Before long things were not going well and the high level customers where complaining. They hired three people to replace me. Now that really tickled. They had sent me an email in the form of a questionaire asking if I'd consider coming back to work. I told them in the comments section I didn't think the CEO would agree to someone in the company making more money than him.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/03/13
There have been rumors for years that Boeing was moving to Burns/Hines, Oregon (the middle of no where). Talk about a bunch of pissed off Boeing staff!
Posted By: Bulletbutt Re: Boeing Leaves Wa. - 06/03/13
Boeing is a big employer south of here in Portland, Oregon. I know a married couple working for them that will retire in a few years, and they are going ot skedaddle to Baker City as soon as they can. They're building now.
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Boeing is a big employer south of here in Portland, Oregon. I know a married couple working for them that will retire in a few years, and they are going ot skedaddle to Baker City as soon as they can. They're building now.

Boy they sure picked an out of the main stream place. I wonder why they just didn't go down the road a piece to Lime.
© 24hourcampfire