Home
Jesus, and his Christianity business has been around about 2000 years.

Allah has been around about 1500 years. they're both pretty young when it comes to discussing worldwide religion.

but, let's step back a half step or more. what about the so-called Old Religions? what happened to them? did they get incorporated into one or more of the "new" religions?

and now that we have established data points, old, new, future, what is on the horizon? does anyone know for sure?

but i digress about the future, i want to revisit the past, as in the Age of the Old Religions. is YHWH a carrier of one of the old religions? anyone know for sure?
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

ha ha. without video, where would this [bleep] be? lol grin
i'm thinking that the High Priesthood at NASA wants to get as many humans as possible off the Earth n the near future.

are they onto something?
Jesus has been around a whole lot longer than that. After all, He's God. The Creator. But I've seen the futility of discussing these things here. Unfortunately your euphemism "business" referring to Christianity is, alas, only too true.
yep. some folks likes to lump spirituality and religion together for discussion. others like to bifurcate the two.

The Old Religion...what did it contribute to one or another of the New Religions? can we talk about that without throwing soft-backed hymnbooks across the room at each other?

Well, it contributed Easter which is a celebration of the fertility goddess Ishtar, which is why you have rabbits and eggs.

All of which have no place in Passover or the celebration of the resurrection of Christ.

Catholisism - the one true church! End of discussion.
New, old, future. All the same crap.
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yLuHE-82o40[/video]
i like ol Bob, and the rest of the crew. the Rastafarians worshipping Haile Selasse is a pretty interesting bunch. they say they just want freedom. who can argue with that?

bump to the top. we can talk about the Old and the New without throwing soft-backed hymnbooks back and forth across the room, can't we?

what about a sexy female who can't bear a child, can't get an education, and can't hold a job? if they can raise a child correctly, that will be enough, won't it? that is to say, everone has a role to play, correct?
Maybe sexy female WOULD makes this thread better.
[Linked Image]
OMG! is that a picture of temple priestess? and if it isn't spelt right, wuld that matter oh so much?

i mean when the monastery folks went into non-sexual worship, there was a reason, wasn't there? does anyone know what the reason was, for sure?
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
Catholisism - the one true church! End of discussion.

Until you remember the pope saying we should worship the church ( which is the believers in Christ) and Christ saying we should worship only Him.

Many will come saying they are Him (there will be many false prophets) but to exist in His presence requires us to have left the flesh, for it will not be present in His presence, which is why I can not call the pastor my Father.

My Father is in Heaven. He preparest a place for me.

(These are the words He put in my ear)

Amen
I have always found that the older the religion the more interesting to me.

It doesn�t get any older than the �Dreamtime�.

A queer country, so old that as you walk on and on, there's a feeling comes over you that you are gone back to Genesis� - Australian bushman
once upon a time i went on a Walk About, and proceeded to become totally lost. as was the purpose, no?

the aborigines have a message to share, no doubt.

the Old Religions should be all inclusive, right?
I'm right, you're wrong. End of discussion. smile
Go clear back to Moloch, Aphrodite (et alii), and the golden calf if you want to.

Not me.

I don't think that they had any hymn books, anyway.

This is as close to Aphrodite as I ever wanna get �

There was once an old sculptor named Phydias,
Whose theory of art was invidious.
He carved Aphrodite
Without any nightie,
Which startled the truly fastidious.
The Dreamtime is a much older story of Genisis.

Extraordinarily older. 65,000 years old or more.
Originally Posted by Gus
what about the so-called Old Religions? what happened to them?

They got voted off the island

Mike
My asst Guide is Armenian and his religion is Gregorian ... he says it's one of the first Christian religions (AD 301). He says that before Christ they were called Fire Worshipers (1500 bc and before) ... he says there are still Fire Worshipers in Armenia.
My brother travels a lot and he used to have a t-shirt with a picture of Stone Henge and the caption was "Give me that Old Time Religion."
Meet the new Boss, same as the Old Boss:

Originally Posted by Gus
Jesus, and his Christianity business has been around about 2000 years.

Allah has been around about 1500 years. they're both pretty young when it comes to discussing worldwide religion.

Originally Posted by Spud
Jesus has been around a whole lot longer than that. After all, He's God. The Creator.

The key to understanding this statement is to know that Christianity is the only religion that is rooted in history. If you look at the first two chapters of Genesis, you see man in paradise as it was God's original purpose. If you read the last two chapters of the Revelation of John, you see man restored to paradise. Everything in between is what Christians call "salvation history," starting with the fall of man and ending with the redemption of man.

So, it's not accurate to say Christianity is only 2000 years old. It is, literally, older than dirt. When God became Incarnate, it wasn't a matter of saying "Hey, here's a new religion." It was the fulfillment of an old religion, not the establishment of a new religion.

Unfortunately, too many Christian believers don't actually understand the roots of their own faith. So why would that understanding be expected of non-believers? Hence, the way these threads almost always go.

Steve.
pretty nice.

call BR 549.
Originally Posted by Gus
i'm thinking that the High Priesthood at NASA wants to get as many humans as possible off the Earth n the near future.

are they onto something?

You need to rent yourself an idiot to teach you how to think better...
Originally Posted by Gus
pretty nice.

call BR 549.

i was referring to Junior Samples in the video. anybody but me remember him?
Originally Posted by Spud
Jesus has been around a whole lot longer than that. After all, He's God. The Creator. But I've seen the futility of discussing these things here. Unfortunately your euphemism "business" referring to Christianity is, alas, only too true.

I think you are confused somewhat,Jesus was the son of God. Because God was the creator who has been around for a long time.
Re: Real Proof - Old Boss vs New Boss

Well...ok...but... maybe not....

http://www.gotquestions.org/zeitgeist-movie.html
the Old Religion. can we discuss it without throwing hymnbooks at each other?

Probably not...and besides, where would the fun be in that?
thanks for the post. it's always good to know the Whole Story.
© 24hourcampfire