Home
Posted By: RWE 17 caliber....Muzzleloader? - 06/10/13
yep:

White Hawk
4.5mm (.177 caliber)

A break open muzzle loading light weight handy rifle with modern technical features and, since the loading is without black powder, it is ideal for the indoor shooting. The 4,5 mm caliber barrel folds by pushing a lever in front of the trigger guard. The ramrod, threaded at the end for the brush cleaner, is stored on the upper part of the barrel.
Both sights are fixed to the frame on integrated supports featuring a collar profile. The barrel is be loaded with the 4,5 mm (.177") pellet which is discharged by using a #209 primer placed in the breech nipple. The stock and the forend are made of hardwood. The barrel, is blued, while the frame is case hardened finish. Barrel length 18". Weight 3.30 lbs.
S200-4.5 4.5mm (.177 caliber) $345.00 (Special Order Only)

[Linked Image]

I want one.
No powder? Any info. on velocities?
Seems kind of pointless to me. Air rifles can drive pellets plenty fast for their design. Plus when you combine the cost of the 209 primer and the pellet you are pushing the cost of .22 ammo.
Posted By: RWE Re: 17 caliber....Muzzleloader? - 06/10/13
Originally Posted by smokepole
No powder? Any info. on velocities?

not yet, trying to research it yet.

Wondering how similar it is to a CB, using a 209 primer and a 17 cal "bullet".

I'm sure its something I'll have to cast for.
Originally Posted by sambo3006
Seems kind of pointless to me. Air rifles can drive pellets plenty fast for their design. Plus when you combine the cost of the 209 primer and the pellet you are pushing the cost of .22 ammo.

you mean the 22 ammo I can buy off the shelf? laugh

Besides, pointless is relative. After all, why is there a 270?
10 grooves, 15 twist. still looking for field tests.
who understands German?

Saw a breech loader in Mexico where you dropped a.177 pellet in bore then put a .22 blank behind it. Close and fire.
There's info on it here ...

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/produc...;osCsid=1f6b016ac87c7023b42931626a867b13

"Average muzzle velocity is 690 ft/sec. Manufactured by Pedersoli/Italy."
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Saw a breech loader in Mexico where you dropped a.177 pellet in bore then put a .22 blank behind it. Close and fire.

I tried something similar once. I tried launching a .22 caliber pellet with a .22 blank, but it blew the center out of the pellet. frown
I have a Benjamin/sheriden blue streak pellet gun ,that launches a .20 cal (5mm) pellet at about that same velocity, no 22 blank needed.
Cost way less than that one your looking at, and has a figured walnut stock to boot.
When we shoot indoors,we only need to pump 2-3 times to achieve accuracy.
© 24hourcampfire