Home
I saw one of these NRA Pennsylvania license plates on a pick-up yesterday, and it got me thinking about getting one. Personally, I have never placed bumper stickers, logos, decals, vanity plates, etc., on any of my vehicles, but this one might be worth doing.

What do you think?

[Linked Image]

Here is a link to PennDOT's website with the plate for anyone else in PA who might be interested:

PennDOT Special Organization Plates
THAT, is very cool! Good on PA for having such a thing available!

I doubt if my home State of WA would ever offer such, but if they did I would jump right on it.
That plate will make your vehicle a target for many liberal Nazis. I might be wrong, but I would expect vandalism. I would not get one if my vehicle was going to be unattended around any mall or shopping center.
Not unless your going to use your car as bait. Hasbeen
Possibly a target for those hoping to score a firearm too. It might also warrant additional scrutiny when crossing the Canadian border.

Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
That plate will make your vehicle a target for many liberal Nazis. I might be wrong, but I would expect vandalism. I would not get one if my vehicle was going to be unattended around any mall or shopping center.

That is one of my main concerns, especially because my wife and children sometimes use my vehicle without me being there. I wouldn't want them to be put in a position where they are dealing with fallout resulting from me expressing my views. I would be much more likely to get the plate if nobody else used my car.

Believe it or not, there are not very many "liberal Nazis" in my neck of the woods....
Originally Posted by CoalCracker
I saw one of these NRA Pennsylvania license plates on a pick-up yesterday, and it got me thinking about getting one. Personally, I have never placed bumper stickers, logos, decals, vanity plates, etc., on any of my vehicles, but this one might be worth doing.

What do you think?

[Linked Image]

Here is a link to PennDOT's website with the plate for anyone else in PA who might be interested:

PennDOT Special Organization Plates

Had one of those .... I'M THE NRA AND I VOTE ... bumper stickers
on my pickup truck for 15+ years and never had a problem.
In fact, people seem to get out of my way.
Depends on where you live. If you are behind enemy lines, that plate will get your truck keyed - at a minimum.
I have had a "NRA LIFE MEMBER" sticker in the back window of all my vehicles for probably as long as they have made the stickers. Never a problem, sometimes people smile and wave as they pass me and show me the same sticker in the back of their vehicle window.

Good for Pennsylvania for doing this . Hope other states follow.
To eech his own on the plate itself; I wouldn't get one here because they charge around $25 or $30 per year to retain it, as I understand it. That alone is why I never got one of any sort.
What I did was get some license plate brackets that have NRA (membership type) MEMBER on them. They're a one-time expense and alot cheaper.
Don't have an NRA plate, but have one with a pic of a deer and it says "Hunt Texas". Have never had a problem at home, but I had the plates (front and rear) defaced and car scratched up while in Santa Fe. Fuggers...
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
To eech his own on the plate itself; I wouldn't get one here because they charge around $25 or $30 per year to retain it....
Same here, but IIRC the charge is about $15.. But since this state charges me $215 yearly for my truck plate I'll be damned if I'll give 'em another $15.. Screw that..

I just obtained one of these:

[Linked Image]

I don't get no hassle... smile
Gun thieves prey on vehicles with those kind of ornaments.

Travis
ummm yeah

don't go to Myrtle Beach during Black Bikera Week with a Sons of Confederate Veterans plate.
Cool but....NO Good way to be targeted by criminals and others who don't like freedom.
Hell yes, I'll tag my p/u in Jan 2014, will be checking with the tag lady for availability.

Gunner
The tag has one draw back if you travel to other states hunting , you better take all your firearms in the Motel Room with you , which you should do anyway, because you just highlighted your vehicle for a break in from gun thief's who troll the local Motel were Hunters stop to rest on the long drives
We have lots of great plates in VA. I've had the NRA plate and (edit: currently have) the 'Don't Tread On Me' plate.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That'll work right there PRM.

Gunner
I'll get one. I have a life member sticker in the back window, and a "I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money and you can keep the change sticker", and haven't had an issue, even in Philafriggindelphia.
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
No problems.. I never leave guns in truck - They're usually on my belt..

laugh laugh
To no one in particular:

Isn't interesting that many liberal leaning drivers have no worries about plastering their cars with liberal oriented stuff. They obviously aren't that worried about vandalism - and many of them have very nice cars.
That's because conservatives are generally polite and respect the property of others. Liberals have no such restrictions on their behavior. Notice how, if they disagree with your point of view, they argue against it (to the point of literally foaming at the mouth). If you disagree with them, you're "attacking" them. confused
North Carolina has the NRA plate.
Originally Posted by shootinurse
I'll get one. I have a life member sticker in the back window, and a "I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money and you can keep the change sticker", and haven't had an issue, even in Philafriggindelphia.

I haven't either. But what I stated is a fact. Just letting folks know.

Travis
Originally Posted by shootinurse
That's because conservatives are generally polite and respect the property of others. Liberals have no such restrictions on their behavior. Notice how, if they disagree with your point of view, they argue against it (to the point of literally foaming at the mouth). If you disagree with them, you're "attacking" them. confused
Perfectly stated and SPOT ON!!
Isn't it a damned shame that we even have a debate in this Country about whether or not we can openly display our beliefs without fearing retribution? I don't put NRA stickers on my truck for the same reasons that Deflave and others have mentioned. Chicken I guess......
Originally Posted by RogueHunter
Depends on where you live. If you are behind enemy lines, that plate will get your truck keyed - at a minimum.

Yep.
I like it.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Possibly a target for those hoping to score a firearm too. It might also warrant additional scrutiny when crossing the Canadian border.

Not only the Canadian border, just driving thru New York would get you pulled over a dozen times in as many miles.
I live in liberal Northern Virginia. I have an NRA Life Member decal, SCI Life Member decal, Muzzleloader Assoc. decal, & a protected by S & W decal on the side window of my truck. For some reason I seem to be left alone.
Originally Posted by safariman

I doubt if my home State of WA would ever offer such, but if they did I would jump right on it.

Well lets see its just like a bumper sticker. I marks you and your car for prime prowling. It gives the State extra tax money that I'll bet they don't share with the NRA.

Now for Washington I hear they have started an Anti Gun Legislative Iniative. Does anyone know if that is true and if so whats the iniative number?

+1
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

That's right, No GLOOMIS or Glock stickers, just invites scumbags.
I don't have a plate or a sticker on my vehicles but I do wear a NRA/ILA hat everyday.I fly every week from WA to Mo and I get people all the time in the airport and on the plane that say I like your hat. I am a NRA life ben. member and I could give two [bleep] what people think about it.There free to speak there piece but it's sure as hell not going to change my stance on anything about gun control or what I can or can not own. Just my stance on it.
I don't want anything on my vehicle that would mark me as a gun owner, not for the criminals, or the cops.
NRA stick on the back of my old car. Range hat and NRA hat as well. Pulled over, and after the obligatory license/reg/ins etc, officer asked me if there was anything he needed to worry about, while pointing to the hats/sticker area.

I replied no, and asked why I pulled over. He said I rolled through the stop sign. Fact is, I didnt.

Figured he was trolling.

I'm thinking in NJ in some towns, an NRA plate could get someone arrested if you play your cards right.
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Not unless your going to use your car as bait. Hasbeen

We are not New York and New Jersey, we don't have to be closet NRA members in this state.
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Well lets see its just like a bumper sticker. I marks you and your car for prime prowling. It gives the State extra tax money that I'll bet they don't share with the NRA.

Now for Washington I hear they have started an Anti Gun Legislative Iniative. Does anyone know if that is true and if so whats the iniative number?

I got one of these here in PA and you don't actually get it from PennDOT. I comes through your local friends of the NRA. Soooo the extra mark up actually goes to the NRA.

http://www.friendsofnra.org/State.aspx?sid=39&cid=754
I just was at the BMV last week and found out Indiana has a NRA license plate. Think ill pay the extra $25 for a specialty plate this December. That or a NWTF one.
I'd put one on my beater/commuter truck.

Liable to incur some damage sportin' that in these parts.
Originally Posted by bea175
The tag has one draw back if you travel to other states hunting , you better take all your firearms in the Motel Room with you , which you should do anyway, because you just highlighted your vehicle for a break in from gun thief's who troll the local Motel were Hunters stop to rest on the long drives

EXACTLY! Your just asking to get your truck broke in at a Motel while Traveling!

I've gotten a few strange looks in the Holiday Inn parking lot while carrying a in a nice Boyt Rifle Case or a "Tacticool" type AR case into my room. wink
I do not give away my tactical advantage by putting shooting sports icons on my car. Let them guess.
© 24hourcampfire