Home
Posted By: ltppowell Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Posted By: Powerguy Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Lawsuit coming
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Sorry...the boss just PM'ed and told me this was alrady posted. I spend too much time outside. smile
Posted By: isaac Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Talk about Ho Lee [bleep]!

Posted By: Boggy Creek Ranger Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
I have watched that fool thing several times as I got it from several sources. Laughed like a loon every time. Some people are so dumb you wonder how they have sense enough to blink their eyes.

Now the back lash over this foolishness. Some folks take their selves way to serious.
You got that right,BCR. I want to hire the smartass who pulled off that gem of a prank.
Posted By: Boggy Creek Ranger Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Whoever it was surely did think fast and was light on their feet. Beautiful sendup.
Did you guy's know that the names were actually confirmed by the NTSB?

______

A federal agency blamed a summer intern for confirming false, racially offensive names stemming from a prank as the identities of the pilots on Asiana Airlines Flight 214 that crashed in San Francisco last week.

While far from complete, the National Transportation Safety Board's investigation has focused on the actions of the plane's pilots leading up to the crash as well as their experience flying the Boeing 777. The July 6 crash killed three passengers and sent more than 180 other passengers and crew members to area hospitals, 14 of which remain hospitalized.

The NTSB apologized in a statement Friday night after San Francisco television station KTVU-TV broadcast the obviously fake names, attributing the confirmation to an NTSB official. It is still unclear where the Fox affiliate originally got the false names that were later incorrectly confirmed by the NTSB intern.

"In response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft," read the NTSB statement.

The agency said "appropriate actions" would be taken to prevent what it called a "serious error" from being repeated.

The Asian American Journalists Association said that, even with the NTSB's apology, the station "is hardly off the hook" and called the names "grossly offensive."

"We fail to understand how those obviously phony names could escape detection before appearing on the broadcast and were spoken by the news anchor," read a statement from association president Paul Cheung. "We urge KTVU to conduct a thorough review to prevent similar lapses."

KTVU also apologized for the error, both on air and online.

The station said it made "several mistakes," including not reading the names out loud before reporting them and not asking for the position of the person reached at NTSB.

"We heard this person verify the information without questioning who they were and then rushed the names on our noon newscast," read the KTVU statement. "Even with this statement from the NTSB, KTVU accepts full responsibility for this mistake."
Posted By: smokepole Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Wow, whoever did that has a good story to tell for a while...
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Wonder if the intern at NTSB was responsible for the "tip" that originally went to the station?

Remarkable prank. Of course, when it comes out who was responsible, they probably won't work anywhere, ever again smirk
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Originally Posted by ltppowell

______

A federal agency blamed a summer intern for confirming false, racially offensive names stemming from a prank as the identities of the pilots on Asiana Airlines Flight 214 that crashed in San Francisco last week.

While far from complete, the National Transportation Safety Board's investigation has focused on the actions of the plane's pilots leading up to the crash as well as their experience flying the Boeing 777. The July 6 crash killed three passengers and sent more than 180 other passengers and crew members to area hospitals, 14 of which remain hospitalized.

The NTSB apologized in a statement Friday night after San Francisco television station KTVU-TV broadcast the obviously fake names, attributing the confirmation to an NTSB official. It is still unclear where the Fox affiliate originally got the false names that were later incorrectly confirmed by the NTSB intern.

"In response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft," read the NTSB statement.

The agency said "appropriate actions" would be taken to prevent what it called a "serious error" from being repeated.

The Asian American Journalists Association said that, even with the NTSB's apology, the station "is hardly off the hook" and called the names "grossly offensive."

"We fail to understand how those obviously phony names could escape detection before appearing on the broadcast and were spoken by the news anchor," read a statement from association president Paul Cheung. "We urge KTVU to conduct a thorough review to prevent similar lapses."

KTVU also apologized for the error, both on air and online.

The station said it made "several mistakes," including not reading the names out loud before reporting them and not asking for the position of the person reached at NTSB.

"We heard this person verify the information without questioning who they were and then rushed the names on our noon newscast," read the KTVU statement. "Even with this statement from the NTSB, KTVU accepts full responsibility for this mistake."

That report surfaced briefly, than seems to have gone real quiet.

GREAT prank !

GTC
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Sort of like what happened to Dan Rather while reporting on the JFK jr accident and a fellow that goes by the name of Capt Janks! He had made old Dan look like a fool more than once, then again its pretty easy considering who and what Dan is.
Posted By: ROMAC Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
If it was just an quick witted intern with some balls, he'll probably be hosting Saturday Night Live by the end of the summer and writing in hollywood shortly thereafter.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
I showed that to a neighbor with Japanese roots and who is fluent in the dialect. She laughed herself to tears.

Then she told me a few things about the language and their "alphabet" I found rather interesting. It got better when she told me a major difference between Chinese and Japanese is that there is no punctuation in the Chinese language.

After all these years I finally learned what is wrong with China.

Wow I mean can you imagine writing or conversing without punctuation especially if youre providing written instructions Maybe thats whats wrong with Congress Must be bunch of ignoramuses dont know whether to chitt or wind their watches seven days a week
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Wonder if the intern at NTSB was responsible for the "tip" that originally went to the station?

Remarkable prank. Of course, when it comes out who was responsible, they probably won't work anywhere, ever again smirk

He never had a future with the Gov't, anyhow. Way too much originality to succeed in that environment.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
This has been out for a while, but it is truly unbelievable.

The race by the MSM to get the story first is more important than getting the story right.
Posted By: Roundup Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

The persons name was Sum Dum Fok.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
the law suits have already started
Posted By: jpb Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13

Ho Lee [bleep] indeed -- everybody should be able to raff at themselves.

[Linked Image]

Maybe the station could by them runch to make up for this insult.

[Linked Image]

John
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
The 'brain' that put this together has got to be IRISH!!

LOL LOL!!
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13

That summer intern is about to be investigated by a certified legal intern from the DOJ for possible prosecution for a racial hate crime.

Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Originally Posted by isaac
You got that right,BCR. I want to hire the smartass who pulled off that gem of a prank.

Whomever it was, unfortunately, is probably looking for a job right now...

Too funny.
Posted By: sse Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Yu Ding A Ling
Posted By: 1minute Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
That will go down as one of the classics.
Posted By: RWE Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
It's all good.

The South Korean Press reported that Zimmerman was acquitted of killing Sum Yung Guy.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13

______

This intern will be the only government worker held accountable for his actions and fired during both terms of Obama's presidency.

Sad, ain't it?

And in the same vein.. Chicago Sun-Times ran a headline about the crash titled: "Fright 214"

Asians didn't appreciate it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
laughed out loud at those names. smile
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
laughed so hard I pizzed myself.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Name of the News anchor just released... Sum Dum Ho
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Why does anything havebto happen to the intern. What about persecuting the news anchor for being an isiot and not having a lick of common sense. I think a big part of the problem innour country is everyone is so afraid of offending someone else. It was a funny as hell prank. Laugh and enjoy it.
Posted By: mathman Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Originally Posted by deerstalker
laughed so hard I pizzed myself.

Posted By: RWE Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
For the record, I don't believe for one second it was an intern.

That's just the spin to keep some career tract individual from getting a heaping helping of Fry Yo Az.
Posted By: azcoues Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
just goes to show you - they read whats teleprompted - no brain thought - just like obummer
Posted By: agazain Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Agent Lo Key, at the Lee Kee Shipyards (Peter Sellers/Pink Panther movie)
Posted By: billhilly Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Asiana Airlines is suing TV station KTVU:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/15/travel/asiana-offensive-names/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

We have confirmed the name of the lawyers they have hired are Mi Su Yu and Yu Pei Mi.

Posted By: sse Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Hu Flung Pu
Posted By: WildWest Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Heavy so true and so funny as well. Sum Dum Ho reads whatever they put in front of her and she kept a straight face after the retraction. So damn funny.
Posted By: Barak Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13

Would have been even funnier if his middle name had been Ree.
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
If Asiana were smart they leave this alone. The last thing they should want is to remind people not to fly Asiana.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Blaming it on an intern is bullschit. It's all CYA stuff.

I can blame the TV station without remorse. Proofreading is important stuff. If they're too damned dumb to proofread their "news", they deserve to lose their azzes, and their licenses to broadcast, as far as that goes.
Originally Posted by Barak

Would have been even funnier if his middle name had been Ree.

=========

Yep!
This 6th thread on the news story is still getting this much action?

Ho Ree [bleep] Mee Twice.
Posted By: shootem Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
Heard the names were hand carried to the station by Wng Tip Shu and handed over to someone named Sum Dng Fu.
Posted By: JoeMama Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
I am pretty sure all four of those guys voted for Obama in the last election. Several times, in fact.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/15/13
I giggle like a schoolgirl everytime I hear or think of the names. Bang Ding Ow kills me.
Me too Ponch.
What are you doing up during the day?
Chores. He's running the vacuum now.
Chores. He's running the vacuum now.

My bad...I forgot. smile
Posted By: toltecgriz Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/16/13
Originally Posted by Mac84
I giggle like a schoolgirl everytime I hear or think of the names. Bang Ding Ow kills me.

Yep, TFF, I still crack up.
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/16/13
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/16/13
LOL. I have no witty comeback. Where's Scott when you need him?

I couldn't sleep, too hot out and I did have chores to handle.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/16/13
That reporter, Mei Dum Chit, is about as clueless as the MSM, and that is a big stretch.

Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/16/13
"[bleep]" ..... Fook? Come on...is it that difficult to read correctly? wink
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/16/13
Ho Lee [bleep]!

Would that be the Korean store owners sister in da hood ?

Denny.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/16/13
Worse part is I now have two imaginary Korean friends who follow me around.....

Ho Lee [bleep]

and

Sum Ting Wong grin
Posted By: g5m Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/16/13
And the morning paper reports that Asiana Airlines is suing that TV station over reporting that.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Ho Lee Fuk - 07/16/13
I saw a news blurb on this yesterday, but they didn't repeat the false names used. That was a doozy of a practical joke someone played on that news team.
© 24hourcampfire