Home
Posted By: MColeman Just found out - 07/25/13
that my agent and close friend has been diagnozed with Stage IV liver cancer. He is a Christian which is at this stage of things paramount. I pray that his ordeal will be manageable and that God's will be done and invite all that feel so inclined to join me. I grieve over this news. He became a State Farm agent because of some influence from me even though I was unaware of it at the time.

He's been very successful and is a fine man. I will miss him more than I can say.
Posted By: ColKlink Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Prayers on the way, Mickey.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Sorry Mickey, prayers for your friend and all affected.
Posted By: safariman Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Liver cancer is some bad stuff, but God is much bigger. I am rejoicing with you that he knows the Lord, and will pray for him with you and others here starting right now.

Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
I'm very sorry to hear that, Mickey. My prayers for your friend, his family, and you.

Ed
Posted By: pahick Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Sent Mickey!

This cancer schit is outta hand. My mom called tonight and said her friend, who lost her leg to cancer, and as been fighting it for awhile now, was told she has 3-6 months. A co workers mother just had cancer removed from her breast. I just dont get why we cant stop this disease!
Posted By: funshooter Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Prayers sent
Posted By: Otis Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Prayers tonight for your friend & you Mickey, God Bless you both.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
I'm sorry about your friend Mick, that's rough.
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Prayers from Mississippi..
Posted By: RickyD Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Prayers offered.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Lord hear my prayer.
Posted By: Monashee Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
My prayers are with your friend Mickey.I have had liver canceer for 8 years now.Stage IV since last May.It moved to my lungs and then my brain.I've had a lot of treatments and I'm still here,but I'm fading now.I recieved my Wyoming antelope draw in the mail yesterday and I'm hoping I make it,but that's in Gods hands.Either way my thoughts are with your ftiend. Monashee
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Just found out - 07/25/13
Sorry to hear such sad news. Prayers sent.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
I'm really sorry to hear about this Mickey. He sounds like a good guy and a great friend. Heartfelt prayers sent from Minnesota.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Count me in with those praying.
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
You got em Mickey.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Prayers said....
Posted By: pahick Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Originally Posted by Monashee
My prayers are with your friend Mickey.I have had liver canceer for 8 years now.Stage IV since last May.It moved to my lungs and then my brain.I've had a lot of treatments and I'm still here,but I'm fading now.I recieved my Wyoming antelope draw in the mail yesterday and I'm hoping I make it,but that's in Gods hands.Either way my thoughts are with your ftiend. Monashee

prayer sent, hope ya get to make that hunt
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Sad news Mickey, sorry to hear it. Prayers are on the way from NY.

Bob
Posted By: Huntr Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Prayers on the way from here as well, Mickey.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Praying
Posted By: TN deer hunter Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Prayers sent
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
May our God hold your friend and his family close in the days ahead. Perhaps the only comfort one can find in something like this is that God has a plan for each of us, and He is with us every step of the way.
Posted By: bcolorado Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Prayers offered.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
prayers sent from here
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Liver cancer is serious stuff. My father-in-law had pancreatic/liver cancer and didn't last 3 months after diagnosis. It was not pleasant watching a big strong man wither and pass away that quickly.

My prayers for his family.
Posted By: RBuck Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
"What Cancer Cannot Do"
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.

Posted By: BMT Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
done
Posted By: Petro Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Cancer sucks. Watched my uncle, who was my mentor and a second father to me, fight it for a year. If we hadn't of had the talk about his salvation, it would have been very hard.

His soul is safe in the hands of Christ. Thank God for His grace and mercy, and the free gift we have by His Son's perfect blood ransom.

I was at our old church this past weekend and we sang It Is Well. When you consider the context, it is so moving to hear a man grieving in the Peace given by Jesus Christ. I would send the youtube video of that song, and another by Chris Rice titled "Come to Jesus", to my uncle about once a week.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers sent.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

Prayers for comfort Mickey.

Geo
Posted By: CCCC Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
As your dear friend travels this difficult and painful path, and as you care and grieve for him, I am praying that God give peace and comfort to you both.
Posted By: MColeman Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
Thank you all.
Posted By: MColeman Re: Just found out - 07/26/13
This is his web site with a good picture of Jimmy.

http://www.statefarm.com/agent/US/AL/Greenville/Jimmy-Gardner-FX0H61YS000
© 24hourcampfire