Home
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N2vARzvWxwY[/video]
Helpful information. Thanks for posting.
+1, thanks for the heads up. Relatives post our kids pics all over the freaking interwebs. Worth passing along.
My kids showed me how to turn off the location service on the camera long ago.
yep, first thing I do when I get a new phone.

Great info.. I forwarded that link to the kids...

Good thing I don't have any such 'smart' phone.. smile
This has been known, by some at least, for some time.

Good reminder, though.
Old news indeed. Yes, strip that data from ones images before posting. Some cameras are GPS equipped too.
I already knew this and turn off the GPS as soon as i get a new smart phone. I was thinking some of the Campfire members might like to know about this tracking of their kids phones and photos they post to Face Book every day. Old News is New News to some people . One of My Nikon Camera has the GPS build into it and i keep it turned off also
crap like facebook is going to be the end of us all... i've yet to see anything good come from publicly posting your X all over the internet.

We keep teh locators on the phone as my wife often is the one middle of the night bringing drinks and food to a fire for us, and its easier for her to find me that way. Or when I drop my phone... its easier to locate it back eventually.

But I can see the downside to it too.

But just keep your info to yourself and none of this would matter.
© 24hourcampfire