Home
Thought i'd share a few pics of the table i built for the wife. She calls it a "farm table" its from some fancy pants blog, i call it a heavy bastard that has great potential to be a really nice reloading table :-D
started like this
[Linked Image]
after a few beers
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

pocket holes are your friend:[Linked Image]

time to put the orbital to work: [Linked Image]

and heres what it looks like after a "weathered grey" stain and some paint:[Linked Image]

It was a pretty fun project, took me about 3.5 hours of work. It would make a helluva reloading bench, its 72" long, 45" wide
and 32" to the table top. Im pretty sure i could set my 1/2 ton truck on it and it would have no ill effects. cost about 100$ in lumber
Very nice, and damned sturdy looking. Top made of 2x12?
Looks great. What did you make the top from?
very nice work.
ooh sorry, ya the top is made from 2x12, bought 2 12footers lopped the halves at 72" and then pocket jointed them so there were no holes visible
Very nice!
I have material lists and Cut sheets if anyone would like to make one. I think the general design is very good for what a lot of us do, be it used as reloading bench, shooting bench, or as this one is being used as, a patio table.
Looks very much like my reloading table. I drug that thing through a dozen moves over the years. Had to disassemble it for the last move.

Nice work.
Thanks, im sure it will be around for a long time, im planning on building another smaller one for downstairs, and perhaps one for the farm with a cut out for a shooting table.
Looks great.
Very nice! Make me one!
Nicely done, indeed.
Nice.
GREAT JOB!!! cool cool
Originally Posted by acooper1983
Thought i'd share a few pics of the table i built for the wife. ... It would make a helluva reloading bench, ..

NICE! looks great, and built to last.
Your wife and my wife must read the same blog. She's been after me for a few months to do that very thing. Thanks for making me look bad.
Very nice work.
I was thinking T&G Bamboo flooring might work for an outdoor table top. I'm not sure what to finish it with as I've not had good luck with spar varnish on anything that has been in the sun for long
The large box stores sell an epoxy porch paint. I used it on my trailer floor. It's really tough and holds up well to weather.
The large box stores sell an epoxy porch paint. I used it on my trailer floor. It's really tough and holds up well to weather.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Very nice! Make me one!

I'd say the same thing but I don't think I'd want to pay for the shipping on that thing!
Skills!!

I wish I had a tad of woodworking ability.
Nice table, looks like it should be strong.
Haha this doesn't take much skill. To everyone that emailed me i will send you cut sheets and material lists when i get home tonight
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Your wife and my wife must read the same blog. She's been after me for a few months to do that very thing. Thanks for making me look bad.

Yep, my wife like Ana White's website as well. It has some awesome ideas on there
Yep, thats the one.
I have a half dozen plans downloaded from Ana White's website. I'll be busy this winter.
Nice!

Ernie
DAMN FINE JOB ON THE TABLE.
4 30" 4x4
3 60" 2x4
5 36" 2x4
4 72" 2x12s

4-10" 45 degree angle pieces for the outter leg supports
4-12" 45 degree angle pieces for the inner leg supports
the short ones are the ones visibly attatched to the legs.
I bought the following

1 10' treated 4x4 (treated isnt necessary if your gonna paint)
6 8' 2x4s, this will yeild your support pieces and give you a bit of spare incase you blow through the kreg joint once or twice
2- 12' 2x12s

kreg pocket joint maker. or the knock off ustool from home depot (this is what i have) buy a couple hundred 1 1/2 course thread KREG SCREWS THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT they are cheap and needed to use in the pocket joints or you'll split the wood.

This is a copy of the message I sent to all whom asked, make sure you have some squeeze clamps if your doing this yourself. also make sure you buy a Kreg pocket joint maker or the US tool knockoff which i have. This tool is really nice and makes it so there need be no visible screws. It works great for attacking the top as well as all the screws are on the underside.
well done on the table but what about storage etc.. I am also thinking a smooth , perhaps metal, top for easier cleanup of spilled powder etc...
Mine isnt used for a reloading bench, we use it as a patio table outside. If i was building one for a reloading bench i would have scaled it down, built a drawer underneath, and shelves on the back. But its a good solid design to start with. It makes a very very solid table.
© 24hourcampfire