Home
Posted By: Notropis McLobster - 08/26/13
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Is this local to Nova Scotia or is it a widespread menu item? I have not seen them yet in Brunswick County, NC. The one I had was actually quite good.
Posted By: shreck Re: McLobster - 08/26/13
Yuck.

Hey I was in Brunswick Co. today, Lockwood Folly inlet. Tomorrow I'll be at Shallote inlet.
Posted By: Notropis Re: McLobster - 08/26/13
Did you catch any fish?
Posted By: shreck Re: McLobster - 08/26/13
Originally Posted by Notropis
Did you catch any fish?

Working.
Posted By: rem141r Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
ya, i'd trust mcdonalds with a lobster sammy. probably made oughtta plastic shopping bags and clam juice.
Posted By: northern_dave Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Ling sammich, nice.

Lol!
Posted By: Notropis Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
It didn't seem to be "parts is parts" like their chicken.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
They've been a seasonal McD's item in New England since the 90s, I believe. As far as I know, they're made with genuine lobster and are OK according to some I know who've had them, and are a decent value. Problem I have with them is the effect on the local lobstermen to some degree. I've never had one, and never will on this issue alone, let alone the pride factor. Buying a lobster roll from McDonald's around here? Sheeit.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
hell you can get live ones at the corner store cheaper.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
So... How do they make "Mechanically Separated Lobster"?
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

5000 illegals in a warehouse whacking them with hammers and pulling the meat out with pliers as they pass by on a conveyer before getting frozen? How the fark should I know? blush grin
Posted By: JSTUART Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Hmm...I was expecting a post about the local Mackers serving sheila's having crabs.
run them through chum grinder.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Won't that leave a bunch of little crunchies in the mix ?
We need Les to try this sammich out. He loves the McRib and will be a good barometer on the McLobster. If he likes it... Don't eat it!!! smile
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I'm no lawyer, but I'd imagine 25000 lawsuits from people with shells cracking molars and busting all manner of dental hardware wouldn't be a good thing for business...

And since Bart got me wondering... Guess I wasn't too far off.

you got to get your calcium some how might as well be tasty.
Posted By: hemiallen Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Last time I was on Long island ( about 9 years ago) near the ferry that crosses the sound headed north, the McDonalds there had hot dog rolls with one Lobstah claw in it, it was decent until we made it north to Maine and the Lobstah pounds, them 3-4# bugs have a lot of leg and body meat....

I brought 5 back from Rochester last fall, boiled them and had a feast at home

Allen
Posted By: gmsemel Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Its a regional thing in the summer, for a lobster roll its pretty good. It depends on where you are. Right now Lobsters here were on sale for 3.99 a lb, My local market will aways have some that are steamed, they will do that for you, and well its not hard to take a hotdog roll, a cold cooked lobster some celery, peppers and may make you own dressing and Lobster Roll, a 11/4 lb lobster will make at least two over stuffed rolls. Might set you back all of 6 bucks or so.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No Dr.Pepper... WTF Over!!!
Posted By: Scott F Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Think I'll wait until I can get a real lobster fresh.

Yeah, I hear you but the option to get a fried shrimp sandwich or a QPWC with fried egg or thick slab of tomato helps me get over it. wink

All BS aside, the McD's in Japan are outstanding, as far as fast food goes. Spotless, fast, courteous, never served anything not put together on the spot and burn your mouth hot. Same for KFC and Wendy's. Hard to believe, but our American fast food joints so much better overseas. Worlds better. Kinda' sad, actually.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Best chicken wings I have ever had were in Thailand at KFC...incredibly spicy rub, crispy, and steaming hot. Amazing.

I keep hoping KFC with bring those here but I know it is a pipe dream.
Posted By: NathanL Re: McLobster - 08/27/13

Last week in a tiny mexican restaurant in the state of WA I ordered my meal and a Dr. Pepper. The mexican waiter asked if I was from TX.
Posted By: NathanL Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Yeah, I hear you but the option to get a fried shrimp sandwich or a QPWC with fried egg or thick slab of tomato helps me get over it. wink

All BS aside, the McD's in Japan are outstanding, as far as fast food goes. Spotless, fast, courteous, never served anything not put together on the spot and burn your mouth hot. Same for KFC and Wendy's. Hard to believe, but our American fast food joints so much better overseas. Worlds better. Kinda' sad, actually.

They probably aren't using labor that can't figure out how to get on welfare and food stamps so they work at McDonalds instead.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
i'd like to try the l-rool....we have the "McKinnly mac"...its a big mac... but use's the double 1/4 lb burger meat as the patty's...I ask for yet another patty and ex-sauce....dammm fine eats...about 3500 cal.... smile
Posted By: FishinHank Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Are they made from robster craws?
Posted By: joken2 Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
They've been a seasonal McD's item in New England since the 90s, I believe. As far as I know, they're made with genuine lobster and are OK according to some I know who've had them, and are a decent value. Problem I have with them is the effect on the local lobstermen to some degree. I've never had one, and never will on this issue alone, let alone the pride factor. Buying a lobster roll from McDonald's around here? Sheeit.

I'm surprised it's made with real lobster meat. Being as it's McD's I figured it would probably be made from imitation lobster like Subway uses imitation crab for their crab salad sandwich.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
One more reason to McPuke.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RWE Re: McLobster - 08/27/13
Originally Posted by shreck
Yuck.

Hey I was in Brunswick Co. today, Lockwood Folly inlet. Tomorrow I'll be at Shallote inlet.

Say hi to my kin.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: McLobster - 08/27/13

Probably run a garden tiller through a vat full of lobsters.

I went to a restaurant one time & ordered the crabcakes , the waitress came around & asked me how was my meal. I said "when ya make crabcakes your NOT supposed to put the whole crab in shell and all"

Mike
© 24hourcampfire