Home
Posted By: okok Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
The steak thread got me thinking,anyone else here would rather have a pork Chop than a steak? I use to eat a steak once a week. Now I'll eat maybe one every three months or so. I just find there's more flavor in PC's.
I like'em both but pork is a little cheaper. Had chops for supper tonight(and night before last)
I like pork chops but I like steak just as much.
Posted By: okok Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
Originally Posted by websterparish47
I like'em both but pork is a little cheaper. Had chops for supper tonight(and night before last)

Cooking as we speak.
Nothin' wrong with pork chops or steak. Got to have a mix. But yeah, with beef prices, we eat more pork chops.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
I like real pork chops. Sirloin chops are not that.
Love me a good pork chop. Pan fried pork shoulder. Grilled pork loin .
Nice! I like them thin so their crunchy on the edges. wink
Love pork chops, just not the cheap thin cut boneless ones.... Thick cut bone in our frenched chops are all I'll eat anymore
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
Just had some and they were awesome!

Rubbed with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and chile powder. Let set until they came to room temp.

I forgot Rosemary...there was Rosemary on those chops too!

Cooked inside on a hot skillet with olive oil (came home later, otherwise onto the grill).

Took off and let rest. Then deglazed pan with butter, bit of cream, and white wine. Let that reduce and poured over chops.

Just amazing.

My cardiologist and I are on opposite ends of the "Like" scale when it comes to Pork whether it be chops or bacon. I can only hope to outlive him so I can say I proved my point.
I love the really thick ones! Deep fried in the old Iron skillet with French Fries cooked in the same grease. Make up some home made white gravy & smother the pork chop & fries in the gravy with lts of black pepper.
Cook up a big batch of sourdough biscuits to eat with em& your good to go!

My mouths watering right now just thinking about them wink
It doesnt get much better than a fried pork chop
Posted By: byc Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
geeee-zuzzzz ok---do you work for the census bureau? smile
they both taste great ...my wife is "A" type blood ...one chop last all-day>>>> me ............if its meat (no lamb or goat!) its meeting its maker!
Yeah, the boneless one's suck! Why is that?
will be having them tomorrow for dinner.
I like a good pork chop
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I love the really thick ones! Deep fried in the old Iron skillet with French Fries cooked in the same grease. Make up some home made white gravy & smother the pork chop & fries in the gravy with lts of black pepper.
Cook up a big batch of sourdough biscuits to eat with em& your good to go!

My mouths watering right now just thinking about them wink

That sounds really, really good!
Cardiologists! A heart catherization costs 11K.

I do love a plate of dry rub ribs after a middle east trip though, just on principal.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
As we all should
You're harshing the mellow. smile
Originally Posted by okok

The bone holds a lot of flavor and moisture.. There may be a little more to it but that's been my reasoning. It also seems that every time I've ever had a thin boneless chop is been overcooked and dry. I like my pork chops cooked medium with just a little pink in the center
Interesting, I like to sprinkle a little Old Bay spice too.
Thin ones are fine if they are coated in seasoned bread crumbs, croutons, or panko. Flour, egg wash, croutons. Butter or evoo, one or two minutes tops. Hit pan with white wine, or lemon juice, some capers and fresh cracked pepper. Yumm.
I'm trying that. wink
one of our favorite summer meals...grilled chops i glaze with a Peach & Red Pepper chutney, served up with a pile of loaded mashed taters...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is pure torture! That made my mouth water. smile
I'm a big fan.....

[Linked Image]
Broiled with Emeril's Essence and garlic salt!
Modern type hogs have less fat and I like pork fat. grin I prefer pork steak (shoulder) fried over the pork chop. Old timey hogs I like the chop better. miles
ME! ME! ME!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Cardiologists! A heart catherization costs 11K.

I do love a plate of dry rub ribs after a middle east trip though, just on principal.

I like the idea, but prefer mine on a plate or platter instead of on a school administrator. smile
My Wife cooks up some fablous bone-in thick pork chops.

She grills up some onions, adds the chops to the frying pan, then covers with creme of mushroom soup.

YUM YUM!! Virgil B.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
I think I'm going to the local butcher shop and getting some real bone in good chops now.

Wife buys a boneless sliced loin and while it will do in a pinch, its not great by any means.
I prefer a good medium thick T bone chop well seasoned and not overly cooked almost as much as a NY strip.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
Same reason boneless ribeyes are not as good as a ribeye with a bone. God put bones in meat for a reason: flavor! wink
Posted By: RickyD Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I like real pork chops. Sirloin chops are not that.
Yep. Gotta be a good chunk of meat on both sides of the bone. We call those Iowa chops. Grilled over charcoal is the only way I do mine, and ususally with sauce a few minutes before they are done on both sides several times.
I like pork, my wife loves it.. I would go beef first..
My mother used to make a breaded pork chop that my mouth STILL waters for. Alas, she's gone and nobody has been able to make them that good since.

I dearly love a breakfast pork chop or pork steak with my eggs. That's a Southern idea, IIRC, and it's a darn good one. Side of grits, of course.
Originally Posted by RickyD
Same reason boneless ribeyes are not as good as a ribeye with a bone. God put bones in meat for a reason: flavor! wink

You wouldn't think it would make that much difference...but it sure does.
I love a good pork chop!! My wife claims to be forever ruined on them because her dad would always overcook the hell outta them and drench in teryiaki sauce..Cant blame her I guess. Egg bath with whatever type of crumb/season crust, fried in a pan and its on!!
Some great lookin pics guys..
Posted By: jmillo Re: Who Else Loves Pork Chops ? - 09/05/13
To me it's not a chop unless it has a bone. I could eat them 7 days a week. Only thing better is a pork chop out of a 100 wild pig
Homer Simpsons favorite!(mine to.)
© 24hourcampfire