Home
Posted By: Lawdwaz LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Interesting find in OK Lake.......

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...odies-in-two-cars-at-bottom-of-lake?lite

Strange. The question for me is how do two cars with apparently six souls between them end up in the drink next to each other. Suicide pacts?
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Supposedly they went missing several years apart. Both missed the same turn, and went in the water?
Story says lake is located in southwestern Oklahoma. My first thought was Beaver Lake. Goggle map shows Foss Lake is in west central Oklahoma.

Speed and a sharp turn?
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Wonder what year they put up the guardrails? Middle 70's or so?
Posted By: Redneck Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Wow... Strange that no one snagged a line on those cars or noted anything on a fishfinder..

Posted By: g5m Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Looks to be a pretty good sized body of water.
Posted By: amr7333 Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13

These cars were found on the lake my boat is on. From what I have learned so far, they were found near the main marina. It seems they were just out from the boat put-in in about 12 feet of water.
One of the cars went missing late 50's to early 60's. The other went missing about 1970.
There is an article at foxnews.com. Other places to look for articles would be The Elk City newspaper, The Daily Oklahoman, and news channel websites for Oklahoma City.
The 69 Camaro went missing nov 20 1970.

We can rule out lake ice travel.

Very strange.

aint gonna get no damn ice down there anyways.
shut up
no you shut up!
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Thanks Dave.
It's 05:20 here in ID and I just started my day off with a big ol belly laugh.
Posted By: Plinker Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Jimmy Hoffa?
Posted By: rem141r Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
was that boat ramp there in those days? people have driven off of them before.
Posted By: rem141r Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
you kids keep it down back there or i'm gonna pull this car over and then you'll be sorry.
grin

Posted By: mliang Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Similar thing happened near my hometown. Local highway department was rebuilding a bridge and found a couple of cars with bodies in them. Both cars went missing late at night during a major snow storm, several years/decade apart. The theory is they simply slid off the road and the snow covered up their tracks.
The cars laid there until the highway divers discovered them in the mud. This is on a "major" highway in the area. Sad to think so many people went by them and never knew.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
same exact thing happened here a few years ago. police divers looking for something found 3 cars in the nueces river at la bonty park. two had body's one of a girl who disappeared from a nightclub back in the late 80s.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Supposedly they went missing several years apart. Both missed the same turn, and went in the water?

Yea, I guess that makes the most sense. Terrible way for anybody, but especially for those young kids to die.

grin
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
down in Miami, there are many cars along with bodies, that are pulled out of the canals every year.
The section of the Florida Turnpike on the Western edge of Miami, (called the Turnpike Extension) is notorious for the number of folks that ran off the road, and into the adjoining canal.
Some are not found for years. Some are indeed, the result of foul play, some accidental.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
When we did the widening of RM 620 in Lakeway tx, back in the late 90's early 2000's survey crew found a dude in his jeep. Just run off right of way and hit a tree. Died. Ashe junipers simply closed back up around him. Like a Venus fly trap. Wasn't 30 feet from the edge of pavement! He was there for about 5 years if I remember.
Posted By: ihookem Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Who gets the 69 Camaro????
Posted By: ltppowell Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Strange. The question for me is how do two cars with apparently six souls between them end up in the drink next to each other. Suicide pacts?

It's not unusual in places with lots of water. We've cleared lots of missing person cases that way. Somebody sees (or sees where) a car goes in the water and when we dive for it there are others.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
A girl I went to school with (she was a couple years younger) died in similar circumstances. Her and her boyfriend were doing the bam-bam and evidently knocked the car out of park. It rolled down the bank into the creek, both drowned. Everyone figured they had run off together, but when the creed went down the next summer, they found the car.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

It's not unusual in places with lots of water. We've cleared lots of missing person cases that way. Somebody sees (or sees where) a car goes in the water and when we dive for it there are others.
Why doesn't anybody mention a serial killer?

Another possibility is some old killer telling his son or protege about a great place to dump a body if he ever needs to.
Posted By: Mossy Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Lake Crescent on the Olympic Peninsula.

http://www.boydski.com/diving/dives/warren_wreck.htm
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Originally Posted by ihookem
Who gets the 69 Camaro????
A little Bondo on the front fender and the front's as good as new. The back half might take a few parts from JC Whitney, though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RRA223 Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Damn. I was catching a lot of crappie over them two cars.
Posted By: Monkey_Joe Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/18/13
Similar happened near my home town. Christmas day, 197x, we found a derelict guy about to burn down an uncle's shed that was located out in the middle of nowhere. No shoes, freezing temp's, the guy lost some toes. He was a part of a drug deal gone bad and had made an escape in the night across plowed fields. No sign to be found of his partner, or his car.

Fast forward a decade or more to an extremely dry year. That snag that the ferry occasionally hit and fishermen were always getting hung up on turned out to be the partner's car, complete with the partner's skull with a neat round hole in the forehead.
Originally Posted by RRA223
Damn. I was catching a lot of crappie over them two cars.

laugh
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
When we did the widening of RM 620 in Lakeway tx, back in the late 90's early 2000's survey crew found a dude in his jeep. Just run off right of way and hit a tree. Died. Ashe junipers simply closed back up around him. Like a Venus fly trap. Wasn't 30 feet from the edge of pavement! He was there for about 5 years if I remember.

Very similar to and incident off I-20 a few years back. Woman went off the interstate into some thick bushes along the edge of a creek. Fisherman saw her and reported it. LEOs did a drive by, saw nothing. Day or two later fisherman went by again and again reported it, this time in person. Drove with the LEOs to show them where. She hadn't been dead too long. Those bushes have now been removed.
Posted By: Auger01 Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/20/13
There was a car that went off the I-10 bridge into the trinity bay awhile back. They sent a diver in to put a hook on the car. The diver found a truck not teen feet from the car with a guy inside who had been missing for 15 years iirc.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/20/13
Same thing on the slope below Route 9W on the steep mountainside overlooking West Point. IIRC a woman's skeletal remains found in her car in dense brush and woods, apparently ran off of the road, no witnesses. Some time ago, 70's or 80's maybe.

Birdwatcher
Anybody check the dates for Ted Kennedy's whereabouts? Just sayin
Posted By: Jericho Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/20/13
About 3 years ago in the Clarion, PA area a car was found on
RT 322 off the road in a wooded area, man inside had been dead
a couple of months. That road is so full of curves that Im suprised that it doesnt happen more often.
I can so see me being one of those kids. When we were kids in the late 60's - early 70's we used to go joy-riding around Lake Altus-Lugert which is just a few miles south of Foss. By joy-riding I mean driving through the curves way too fast, if we'd lost it on one of those curves where there wasn't a guard rail it would have been a similar story.

God was very gracious to me in my wild red-neck youth.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/20/13
Had a fellow and his car disappear a few years ago. When they drew down Lake MacBride, they found him in his car. Tracing its route (I think they decided that he had a heart attack) it found its way off the road and managed to go between houses and trees that a person driving would have had to demonstrate some skill to accomplish.
Posted By: rost495 Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/20/13
Being on the searching end of some of these, it can be very tough sometimes to find what is reported.

I always wished that the folks that report would stay right there.

Last one was a motorcycle went off in rain... we have yet to find it to this day. Have no clue at all if that is a lost person or they managed to get back up and en route.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/15/19
Thought this would be of interest to those involved in the recent thread about the same topic.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/15/19
Uh oh, they done found Gunners stash.........
Posted By: jaguartx Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/15/19
What thread was that, 5
Posted By: 5sdad Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/15/19
I'm sorry - "Dead Man's Car"
Posted By: okie Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/15/19
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Wrong side of the state for Gunner....

Local Rancher found one like that here a couple of years ago. The guy had been there 3 years. About 50 feet from the road.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/15/19
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Wrong side of the state for Gunner....

Lol, You don't think he's gonna bury bodies in his neck of the woods do ya?
Posted By: JeffyD Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/16/19
Had a similar incident at my gun club about 3 years ago. When you leave the clubhouse parking lot, a right turn takes you to the main entrance; a left turn leads to the boat ramp at the river. A party was being held at the clubhouse bar. A woman leaving the party late that night made the left. Next morning, a member saw the roof of a car just below the surface of the river, driver still inside.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/16/19
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Local Rancher found one like that here a couple of years ago. The guy had been there 3 years. About 50 feet from the road.

And all that time his wife wished she had just put out a little more. Sad.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/16/19
Not quite the same but many years ago when I lived in San Francisco I spent a lot of time with friend in Golden Gate park. The was me, my buddy and out girl friends and we were off any path and headed for a cool place to make out. I was a bit ahead of everybody and had turned my head back with a comment. Went something like this. "You know how you see in the papers how people find dead bodies? Never happen to us." I then tripped and fell over guess what. Sure as hell a dead guy. We showed the girls how to get out and call the cops while we stayed. Probably dead two three days at the most, Cops found no ID other than a gold watch. Guy had hung himself with some kind of plastic clothes line and it broke under his weight I guess. I might even still have the newspaper article around someplace. The kids at school sure gave us a fun time about that.
Paul B.
Posted By: kid0917 Re: LEO's Find Cars/Bodies - 09/16/19
Originally Posted by Auger01
There was a car that went off the I-10 bridge into the trinity bay awhile back. They sent a diver in to put a hook on the car. The diver found a truck not teen feet from the car with a guy inside who had been missing for 15 years iirc.

about 4 river miles from I10 to the bay, but going into the Old and Lost River, same effect. hate to hear about things like that.

could have been Trinity RIver?
© 24hourcampfire