Home
Posted By: Spotshooter Duck hunting - cut 'em ? - 11/17/13
We say "taken 'em" to coordinate everyone shooting.....
Is cut 'em used elsewhere?
Who says cut em? I have duck hunted in TX, KS, WA, FL, KY, TN and LA and have never heard anyone say cut 'em.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Duck hunting - cut 'em ? - 11/17/13
I've heard cut- em. We typicall say kill em. But one of our group says. Now boys
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Duck hunting - cut 'em ? - 11/17/13
this being Louisiana, we say "choot 'em"

which we did a great deal of yesterday....on the state lease at White Lake, two beautiful limits...could have been out by 6:30 but wanted to fill out with mallards....ended up with two pair plus a black mallard. Two speckle bellies as a bonus.....one killed by my partner with a 28 gauge and #6 HeviShot.....he's recovering from two neck surgeries and that's the most his doc will let him shoot.
Posted By: willhunt4 Re: Duck hunting - cut 'em ? - 11/17/13
Around here and everywhere else I've hunted it always been Take em.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Duck hunting - cut 'em ? - 11/17/13
Its a 'Duck Dynasty' thing
Posted By: rost495 Re: Duck hunting - cut 'em ? - 11/17/13
Actually, we don't really say a thing typically.... we've hunted with each other so long we KNOW when to roll.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Duck hunting - cut 'em ? - 11/17/13
Usually everyone else starts shooting after I do...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Duck hunting - cut 'em ? - 11/17/13
TFF
Posted By: eyeball Re: Duck hunting - cut 'em ? - 11/17/13
grin they are slow, huh?
"take 'em" here, or just hunt with guys you know and everyone knows when to do the deed
Many years ago I got to hunt a number of times with an incredible shooter/duck hunter near Portland... Figured out he dropped his calls and all his bands rattled just before he started shooting... So I started going on the rattle...

His glare was enough to stop me pretty quick though.
© 24hourcampfire