Home
I realize it's probably about safety standards which makes me ask, what about the little electric zip cars and such that I see in town. Are they exempted because they are highly regarded by liberals? They would be a good hunting rig with a heater.
http://www.americasminitruckcenter.com/
they are in Montana.....local Dodge dealer sold a handful
We had a dealer for them in town here. They are street legal here
The Navy has a bunch of them as I've seen a bunch of them at Puget Sound Naval Ship Yard in Bremerton, WA.
Couple of them on the streets in my town in Wyoming.
Yep, you wouldn't wanna be in that bitch in a head on.
Originally Posted by mirage243

true but lots of peope are driving on the roads on street legal quads....
In Idaho quads are classified as motocycles so they don't have to pass the safety tests. All they need is the lights & horn.
The safety tests are federal so if one is legal here, it's legal any where unless some states (did I mention CA?) have more stringent rules.
Few of them up here too, although I heard they were getting rather difficult to insure. One fella brought his to our shop, and he had put some big quad rims and tires on it, and did a pretty nice paint job on it. Looked pretty cool. I thought it would be neat to get one and paint in army green, put some hoops on the bed for a green tarp and basically turn it into a mini deuce and a half.

Yeah. Motorcycles are where it's at for safety.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

Yeah. Motorcycles are where it's at for safety.

Travis

Whatchu 'talkin 'bout Willis?
I'm talkin' about the irony of states that allow motorcycles but not mini-trucks.

I don't like other people's opinions of safe to be pushed upon American citizens.

Travis
I see more ATV/UTV on the road by my house than I do cars.
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm talkin' about the irony of states that allow motorcycles but not mini-trucks.

I don't like other people's opinions of safe to be pushed upon American citizens.

Travis

I didn't say anything about wanting other peoples opinions pushed on us, I just said I didn't wanna be in one in a head on.

There is no one on this forum that can tell me a damn thing about what is safe and what ain't, trust me on that one.
They are legal here in Wyoming, just not on limited access highways. Only thing I see limiting hunting use is ground clearance.... They go along a lot better when you put a 1.3 liter geo metro motor in them also!
ATV's are not street legal in Arkansas, not even on county roads. people do use them that way though. miles
well when you can figure out a way to get a helux into this country let me know, because I'm up for 3 of them. Gladly

it's all about the $$'s
lots in B.C. Canada caution watch who you buy from used ones need to be inspected ,I have known people to get stung by shister dealers on used ones

norm
More for the money...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-CJ-5-1...;item=360817595204&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

[Linked Image]
Those things remind me of something that should be hauling a big pile of coca leaves or something.

No kidding! $3,000-5,000 for a used Jeep CJ, or $15,000-$20,000 for the latest Rhino, et al.
Can't see any difference between the mini P/Us and the Fiat 500

[Linked Image]

or the Smart Fortwo

[Linked Image]

or any of the other Mini Compacts.
Originally Posted by kend
I realize it's probably about safety standards which makes me ask, what about the little electric zip cars and such that I see in town. Are they exempted because they are highly regarded by liberals? They would be a good hunting rig with a heater.
http://www.americasminitruckcenter.com/

They are in Montana they are all over the place.

But than ATV's and UTV's are too.
Looks like the little Suzuki's that we have here, not much room but are a terrific little bus around town and in the paddock... Blunty had one on the diary when I was a lad.

...and you really do not want to run into anything with one.
Give me the choice of a 4 wheeler or a mini truck to hunt of of I'll take the mini truck every time. I think they are legal in tennessee.
Don't know if they are the same exact brand, but I've seen a few that look just like those here. With current Ca tags. So something similar is legal here.

Personally, if it was a Jap model, I'd have no issues. But I've been trying not to buy Chinese. Ever try that? Almost impossible. Haha (as I type this from my Samsung phone).
The Chinese build good stuff. grin
They build to a price point, if you want good then buy German.
© 24hourcampfire