Home
It's time for a little honesty.
Let's lay it all out on the line. What is it that makes you an asset to the Campfire? Why are you here?
I'll give an example of what I'm getting at.
Northern Dave...
Camp Chicken Buck and Birth of a Deer Camp has been a hoot.
Proof positive that something simple can morph into something spectacular here on the Campfire.

This place has been my internet home for a decade. I've seen a lot of folks and turds come and go.
Lets hear it... What do you bring to the table?
My tolerant and inclusive personality.
A very small level of intelligence.

ETA. I can hunt coues wt!
I like to pretend to be a ghost and just observe. In reality I hope I have been an asset in the automotive department. I to have watched this fire for almost a decade and have gained an incredible amount of knowledge
An awesome avatar.
A willing audience for those whom might not otherwise have one.
PS Bart your chili recipe has become a staple in my diet. Thank you...thank you...thank you!
Beer usually.
Oh, and I'm responsible for about half the views of that 223AI thread.

A tiny bit of experience. OK, maybe a little more than that.

kd

I was never good at the Miss America type questions.

Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Let's lay it all out on the line. What is it that makes you an asset to the Campfire? Why are you here?
Northern Dave...
Proof positive that something simple can morph into something spectacular here on the Campfire.

This place has been my internet home for a decade. I've seen a lot of folks and turds come and go.

All honesty, not much, I get a lot more out of the 24hr than I can put in. I came here to learn and learn through some good debate.

Occasionally help people out with plumbing questions.
I have 35 or so years of shooting and firearms experience and as such I'm able to help others with a variety of hunting, competing and general firearms questions.
My rifles are pretty. They sometimes shoot straight, too. grin

[Linked Image]

I've loaded for a bunch of stuff over the years, and fixed a few things. Gotten a few animals along the way. I try to share what I know, and enjoy learning from folks who know more.

And I enjoy the gentlemen and ladies of this community.

I hope I bring some automotive and cooking knowledge. I'd like to think I'm also one of Californians that can help to show others not all of us are coffee house latte Democrats. It's great to see how people all over this great country live and have fun.
I don't think anyone has given more enjoyable reading than Northern Dave.

Northern Dave...

You snubbed ND of one of his best-

I bring you, Baboon Ass
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8377064/1
I like big girls how's that for honesty. I'm an honest guy...
I like to think I bring our traditional Canadian tolerance to the site, where we as a people although superior to most, don't flaunt it, and by our just being here raise the standards of this and many other sites.
And you must know we always have the answer and work quietly in the background to bring peace to any and all situations.
Not to mention our superior beer. shocked grin

Above of course is all in jest. whistle
Good topic Bart..... I have been around awhile too..... Most years "cabin fever" sets in here in late Winter.... Over the last week or so I have been thinking "Campfire flu season" hit the Campfire way too early this year.....
Northern Dave...

Who are you to ask this question??
Question is, you fat drunken slob...what do YOU bring to the fire?????
*shrugg*,...nothing, really.

It's more or less just the place where I talk to myself.
Years of experience, sage wisdom, cute cat pictures and some fine humor. ) smile smile
You sure do, Terry!
I buy the stuff nobody else wants.
This and that. I have enjoyed the company of a few, good times were had. Nuthing' though that I wrap my self around. Just good people.
I don't know much, I will admit that. What I do know I will defend with a passion though. I have some cool pics of places that other people can only dream of going, so I post them to bring them there. I know I am a small fish but that is ok with me. smile
I came because I'm a wingshooter and a fisherman and I wanted to know more about rifles and shooting them. I contribute to the shotgun hunting, fishing and 4wd sections. I also have a twisted sence of humor which seems the norm for the fire. I have been a member for a short time and have more post on here than sites I have been on for years mainly because I like to laugh and I have to quote something funny others have said and add a little something to it. I have learned a lot and shared a little.

I just like bs'ing with like minded people. I like the fact that people give you a little hell and you can give a little too and its cool. Their are good folks here that tell you to GFY and good folks who wouldn't dare say that to someone, all in the same place, that's rare. The music threads are cool especially teal's. I have found a few bands that I like because of them. I still don't understand the hatred for the 270, or the dislike for people from Tennessee lol, it can't be because of football cause UT has sucked for years now.
Originally Posted by Cheesy

You snubbed ND of one of his best-

I bring you, Baboon Ass
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8377064/1

My apologies... grin You're right. Baboon ass should never be snubbed. grin
Originally Posted by achadwick
My tolerant and inclusive personality.
Well played. laugh
Originally Posted by Tom264

Who are you to ask this question??
Question is, you fat drunken slob...what do YOU bring to the fire?????

You should seek some professional help.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

You're overly modest. You bring quite a bit of technical knowledge when you're posting regularly. You helped me with a die set that I'd effed up.
I'd like to think that I bring a willingness to help.
My super power is p!ssing people off.
I think different than many, didn't say better, just different.
And that is what makes this place worth visiting.
Only thing I can bring is occasionally some help to other firearm users on the Gunsmith's forum along with advice once in a while on other matters brought up by those who ask questions..

Also induce whatever humor I can to lighten some loads.. laugh

Nothing
Its what the table brings to me, stupid.
Not much.

But I do carry a 1911 Colt cocked and locked with one in the chamber... wink
Not much, really.

I'm very honest and while I don't have anywhere near the gun knowledge and outdoor experience of many of you, I'll share what I know and it will be BS free.

I contribute a bit of plumbing advice here and there.

Other than that, not much except for some occasional sarcasm and smart ass behavior.

The 'Fire offers me far more than I offer it.
I bring an empty mind, which I hope to fill up from all you with more experience than I.
A completely unbiased view of virtually everything,a respect and tolerance of all posters great and small,and an innate ability to discuss topics without interjecting sarcasm.
Originally Posted by ingwe
A completely unbiased view of virtually everything,a respect and tolerance of all posters great and small,and an innate ability to discuss topics without interjecting sarcasm.
grin
Just a little this and that I guess before I vanish from life's radar.
Laffin'.

My mission is......uh, well, hard to define.

See, you couldn't either.
So, I'm fathomless.
Or clueless............yeah, that's it.
Over the years I have received more than I have given since I knew nothing about reloading when I started on Shooters and then here, with most of my knowledge coming from here. I will help in the ways that I can when I have some knowledge of the subject. I have made a lot of friends here some of which I have met in person. miles
Originally Posted by calikooknic
I'd like to think I'm also one of Californians that can help to show others not all of us are coffee house latte Democrats.

Me too.
I try to break the ever so popular image that all Californians are urban dwelling liberals and the notion that California has very little to offer the serious sportsman.
I know this is NOT the best place to be, but as long as I'm here I'm making the best of it.
I like to show that one need not be wealthy to live an extraordinary life.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Not much.

But I do carry a 1911 Colt cocked and locked with one in the chamber... wink

Don't we all???

Dittos!
Someone has to keep the Campfire Law Enforcement Community in a proper state of humility.

It's a thankless task, but I cowboy up and git er done.

In my spare time I defend Steelhead against the occasional accusation of smartass posting.
This is an 'outdoors' website and I am outside everyday.

When I am inside the house this a good place to kill time.

Not sure what I 'bring' to the 'Fire. I guess a love for the outdoors?
In my spare time I defend Steelhead against the occasional accusation of smartass posting.

That seems like a full time job instead of spare time. How's the fishing? grin miles
Not sure what I "bring" but I know I have given many people advice on a variety of things from places/seasons to hunt they might not have otherwise known about, and later had them thank me profusely for sharing.

not to mention pet loads, ideas on a variety of things and since I have a degree in natural resources and a pretty decent background in wildlife management, advice to others on such as well.

What I remember the most is what I have taken from this place. I've received lots of great advice, ideas and shared hunts with several people I have met on here. some I have hosted, others who have hosted me. I would say by far I have received more than i have given IMO. Many of the friendships I have because of this place are irreplaceable.
What do you bring to the table?

An occasional hot chick thread and cut-n-paste of esoteric political articles.

So Bart, what do you bring?
If I bring anything it's accidental.

It's what I get from the campfire that is remarkable.

I've hung my heart out on my sleeve, a lot.
All I've ever got is kindness and support.

The 24 hr campfire has been a lot of fun. Come to think of it, I think this is my 10th year.

I've learned a lot here, I think I'll stick around. Maybe I'll catch one of these big rendezvous someday.

^^^ That's what I try to bring to the fire but I admit I'm a total failure.

I'm biased, intolerant, and full of sarcasm.

One thing though ... I'm always right. grin
My love of firearms and freedom & my complete disdain for oppressive laws and Libretard "ideals".
What do I bring to the 'fire?

Hell if I know...

I can say that I am met a lot of good people here, and made a lot of really good friends. I've done my best to answer folks questions or help if it was something I know. I also know that I have tried to help out others whenever I am able to do so in person. It may sound corny, but I think the 24hourcampfire is a special place... not like other forums on the net. Its different here. I try to be a part of that by learing from it, and contributing where I can.
I don't like talking about myself because I feel it is akin to bragging, so I will not say what I bring. Those that read my posts and have seen my profile can decide for themselves.

YMMV

Edit: I will say I have done a LOT of reading and learned a lot from the Fire. I can honestly say I have gotten the better end of the deal in the back and forth.
Northern Dave...

An appreciation of your obsessive fanboy crush on Renee.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Despite the bad face days.

[Linked Image]
I bring this. I've posted it before, but it never gets old. It LIVED in his hair.

[Linked Image]
Carbon's picture is grosser than mine.
Originally Posted by MColeman

You sure do, Mickey.

Originally, I got in here to learn - and have learned a lot because of some really knowledgeable and fine folks. I am not an expert on anything, but have felt I should try to contribute some stuff from the old warehouse - in various categories - as accumulated over many years. So, I try.

Good thing is, there are always guys here who know a lot more than me on any given topic, so mostly I still serve as a good learner and appreciator.

Thanks for the thread, Brother Bart.
Gracing 24hourcampfire with my cyber presence is contribution enough.

Honestly though, like most, I get more out of the campfire than I put in.
I try to bring a little perspective of LEOs and share some of experiences I've been through.
Someone has to feed curdog4570's need to rein in LEO behavior. grin

That said, I have learned far more than I have added.

The greatest gift this site has given me is the number of friends I have made.

Ed
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I bring this. I've posted it before, but it never gets old. It LIVED in his hair.

[Linked Image]

You would have been arresting me for N.H.
I bring the speed and confidence of youth ;-)
I don't bring a thing or offer much IMHO.

But there is plenty here to take! I really enjoy that part of it.

And the sight has enabled me to learn to ignore things without the use of a button.
Contrast to TRH.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Contrast to TRH.

you are abhorring this member
lol
Let's lay it all out on the line.
What is it that makes you an asset to the Campfire?

I figure since you asked first maybe you can answer first......
Don't hold back.
Because I still haven't heard your answer.
I contribute the same three things everybody else contributes.

Experiences.

Opinions.

Questions.

Travis
Me and that is enough

Snake
Hopefully some of my posts on hunting, optics, reloading, and some general information is helpful to some people here. I do not intentionally try to piss people off, or kill threads like some enjoy doing here (it's the same old posse most ever time). I hope others around here my posts in the same light I do.

I know I've learned way more than I've contributed though.
Contrast to TRH.
And so start the personal attacks, and by one of the bunch who are always first in line to start the ball rolling. I guess that's your contribution.
How does "strikingly different" equate to a personal attack?
In Pat's defense, I started the personal attack.

My contribution.

just sayin...
If you don't agree with him it's apparently personal.
Don't play dumb.
Unlike my shooting, an unflinching determination to express my narrow-minded point of view on topics I know little about. smirk
Originally Posted by acooper1983

I may not be very good, but at least I�m slow.
I've done my best to help folks understand that call-out threads are stupid. Nobody gives a schitt.
Originally Posted by pal
Unlike my shooting, an unflinching determination to express my narrow-minded point of view on topics I know little about. smirk

You deserve an award. grin

It's good thing there isn't more here that are like you. laugh laugh laugh
Since there's just a few of us from Oregon, I really try to introduce people to the state I was born and raised in. It's truly a great place to hunt, fish, and live. Politics aside.

I think outside the box on guns and hunting and offer a different perspective on being successful.

I try to contribute a little humanity, like I've seen SOOO many here model for me. We're all people, we all have struggles, no matter what the trolls that attack everyone would have you believe. We need each other. Good day gents.
I have everyone's back!
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I have everyone's back!

I'll need that, ummmm, back.
Oh, and I keep the Savage Collectors on edge with photos of cerakoated and painted 99's. whistle
I buy guns at shops and then provide a hell of a buy to the guys in the classifieds who have cash...buy high and sell low...

That's what I do here lol
Originally Posted by curdog4570

How can anyone possibly have that much 'spare time'??
I'm a TAKER! whistle
Originally Posted by Steve

Brisket and the best tater salad on the planet... If you show up to a Campfire get together where I'm cooking.
One of these days gonna have to sample. Got lucky here that we have a world champion on brisket in town and I have his recipe. But I don't cook much at all.

Good tater salad is great. I prefer hot German to anything if possible.
A thirst for knowledge and a willingness to share what little I know about guns, or anything else that I can help with.

...And I also carry a 1911 Cocked and Locked!

Virgil B.
I am a gun toting , bible clinging hunter who loves to hear what others have to say on my favorite sport. I do like the banter back and forth , but at times it does get a little childish.... We can continue discussions with out name calling and such. If some one bothers you just click the ignore button!
I went with my wife on Saturday to Pick up our Bountiful Baskets and was involved in a good discussion about elk hunting, and I was the only guy there!!!!!!

Don't hold back.

I'll tell you whatever you want to know about myself if you promise to leave the Campfire for good this time.
A following of the 7x57, 250 Savage and 257 Roberts cartridges and a warm Round Oak stove fire.
Originally Posted by acooper1983

I bring the experience and treachery of old age but I'd be happy to trade with you:(
Nothing. Next question.

Brisket and the best tater salad on the planet... If you show up to a Campfire get together where I'm cooking.
I'll 2nd that!

I bring some knowledge to the table about hunting(mostly deer&turkey) archery hunting,cooking and a wealth of knowledge on women and am out to prove that all Yanks and NY aren't completely bad

And my annual "live from my stand" posts
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/8188584/Live_From_My_Stand#Post8188584
Nothing.
I probably don't contribute much, but I enjoy it here and I LEARN a whole hell of alot.

Thanks to all of you!!
Meat, for the democrats to nibble on.
A helping hand to young folks and people down on their luck, especially vets.

Don't ask how much help I have given, you will have to ask the folks I have tried to help out a little. I might add I don't keep track who they were or what I sent them.

To me helping others is one of the greatest things about the campfire. Even a comforting word can help many people have a better day.
The wisdom to be quiet and NOT post 4 out of 5 of the responses that first come to mind. On days when my wisdom is peaking I do NOT post 5 out of 5.

Obviously today is an off day...

Don't hold back.

I'll tell you whatever you want to know about myself if you promise to leave the Campfire for good this time.

nope, im gonna stay here to keep shoving yours and stoolheads crap into your faces.....heck I might even show up to one of the get togethers...........let you guys run your mouths to my face and see what happens.......
ooooooh. skewwwyyyyy
A unique ability to pizz of most sides of many issues. It's a gift.. wink

I love good tater salad! Wanna share your recipe?
If we ever have a 24HC hockey team, I can be the goalie.

Don't hold back.

nope, im gonna stay here to keep shoving yours and stoolheads crap into your faces.....heck I might even show up to one of the get togethers...........let you guys run your mouths to my face and see what happens.......
laugh You just earned a spot on my UBB Buddy List.
Originally Posted by goalie
If we ever have a 24HC hockey team, I can be the goalie.

Or the puck. grin

I have hunted a lot; I have shot a lot,..but certainly not the most. I am probably one of the elders here ( age 64) and though I know much, it's convinced me there is much I don't understand.

I am quiet, introspective; tend to be more formal, but am drawn to the spontaneous and honest. The 'Camp is "home"; I enjoy it, but..

Be willing to stand up for your rights! And I mean, to sacrifice, because you may have to. You will have to.
Let's lay it all out on the line.
What is it that makes you an asset to the Campfire?

Don't hold back.

I think Bart gave us a subtle hint that we should all try to make positive contributions to this site.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

I think Bart gave us a subtle hint that we should all try to make positive contributions to this site.

Yep. Sounds to me like a better idea that just running other folk down all the time.

Maybe he don't like what he are. grin miles
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Don't hold back.

laugh You just earned a spot on my UBB Buddy List.

TFF!
Great Recipes....

Like pickled Spam...

[Linked Image]
My cock. But I take that everywhere.

Clyde

Don't hold back.

I bring great scorn for internet tough guys, especially douche bags like you.

Other than that I bring nearly impeccable spelling, grammar and punctuation. grin Plus I've been a lot of cool places, met a lot of great people (some famous but most not) and done a lot of things I was lucky to get to do. And I'm willing to talk about them when the subjects come up.

Post the recipe for the tater salad or GFY grin
Not a whole lot really but I also don't try to crap where I sleep - so to speak.
Don't sell yourself short. You saved me from "two girls and a cup." I'll always be grateful. laugh
How can you know how grateful you are, unless you watch it?
An empty skull looking for knowledge.

Gunner
I'm a smarta$$ when I'm not being a dumba$$. So you get a variety.
Plus I've been a lot of cool places, met a lot of great people,some famous
=========

Thank you but I prefer to be known as just one of the regulars.
Originally Posted by isaac
=========

Have you tried Raisin Bran?
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

I had heard a rumor, later confirmed. You can't unsee that which has been seen. Trust me on this.
Us famous guys don't talk to guys named after ducks.
=========

I guess you are assuming you weren't included in that group. You may or may not be correct. You "humility" is amusing.
Originally Posted by teal
=========

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

I had heard a rumor, later confirmed. You can't unsee that which has been seen. Trust me on this.

[Linked Image]
TFF
I, of course, bring myself. Warts and all.

...but your pants are named after a dromedary.
I lost all humility after some foolish law school said they'd let me try to become a lawyer.

I'm humbly kidding!

...but your pants are named after a dromedary.

==============

It's been a long time since a cop made me look inside a dictionary.
No doubt and rightfully so. That's why it was amusing.

Your buddy the judge layed (laid) you bare before my eyes...so to speak.
I think I just puked a little!
Buddy [bleep] is what buddies do.

His honor didn't tell you anything you didn't already know.

I've been getting "bleeped" a lot, lately.

Did Rick change things?
Originally Posted by Partsman
I like to think I bring our traditional Canadian tolerance to the site, where we as a people although superior to most, don't flaunt it, and by our just being here raise the standards of this and many other sites.
And you must know we always have the answer and work quietly in the background to bring peace to any and all situations.
Not to mention our superior beer. shocked grin

Above of course is all in truth

grin

and on the Savage forum I do contribute a little, throw a few barbs now and then and get intrigued by Miss Lynn"s avatars

norm
Not true because what I learned was actually positive...if taking your lap-top to a tree stand is a positive. smile
Nothing is more cool than shooting a buck and billing a client for 3 hours at the same time.
I'll have to give you that, even if it offends my aesthetic side a little.
Originally Posted by teal
=========

[Linked Image]
Actually, it's just as cool not seeing a damn thing and billing them for 6 hours.
That is aesthetically pleasing to the nth degree.
Actually, it's just as cool not seeing a damn thing and billing them for 6 hours.

You may think it, even say it among colleagues, but to state it on the internet, even in jest, is not funny. I'm quite sure it's the culture you're in--even so.

Because, this is what many feel "our gov'n is doing". Among others
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

You may think it, even say it among colleagues, but to state it on the internet, even in jest, is not funny. I'm quite sure it's the culture you're in--even so.

Yep, id call that thievery......

What do I bring to the table? Other than this post, I typically only chime in when I have something to contribute or something to ask.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Nothing.

oh ya you do great pics of a life style that many of us would enjoy , add some wisdom and a little humor , stick with us.

norm

=======

I had a good laugh with my friend, David. If you don't think it funny,leave it with me and my friend,David.

Otherwise, I don't give a phhuckk if you thought it funny or not.

PS...Blow me.

Sorry Bart, but I'm just not the kind to toot my own horn. Folks know me for who I am. They're welcome to take it or leave it. We can't expect everyone to agree with us.

Yep, id call that thievery......

========

Dumb [bleep] clueless of the joke would.

Lawyers don't get paid what they bill,ladies. Well, I do because I'll kill them if they don't pay on time.
I'll bet OJ never questioned Johhny Cochran when it came to hours billed grin

One of the things you DON'T bring is a sense of humor............ that's for damn sure.
Oh yeah he did,Mike.

I bill 500 an hour because I know I might get 300. We're no different from plumbers or electricians except we're lawyers and we rule the entire GD world.

Dumb [bleep] clueless of the joke would.

Lawyers don't get paid what they bill,ladies. Well, I do because I'll kill them if they don't pay on time.

First, I don't care one way or the other - but while that may be directly accurate, I would make the assumption that a partner would share in the profits of the firm, and anyone's billing would be taken into consideration when their annual raise was up for discussion.
Oh yeah he did,Mike.

I bill 500 an hour because I know I might get 300. We're no different from plumbers or electricians except we're lawyers and we rule the entire GD world.

...til a bug crawls on you.
we're lawyers and we rule the entire GD world.

I saw that movie, it was "Juris Doctorate Park" if I remember right grin
Partners? I'll kill them too for 100 bucks.

They'd kill me for 50.

Jesus Christ you guys...other than relativity, what makes you think a lawyer gets paid any differently than any other hard working man...save for hair salon owners?
Originally Posted by curdog4570

One of the things you DON'T bring is a sense of humor............ that's for damn sure.

Actually, I have one; will try to do better. grin
Bart, I just got back to town from 4 days of squirrel hunting, Dutch oven cooking, blue gill catching and tall tale swapping.
I just don't have the energy to get into all my contribution to the 'fire right now.
I am sure most of the regulars have their own opinions though. smile
Oh yeah he did,Mike.

...til a bug crawls on you.

========

I still have those scars. They didn't crawl on me;they picked a sweet spot on my fat ass and suicide bombed me.

What those Texas bugs did to me shouldn't be the topic of humor,Pat. I was violated. Pretty badly.
Bearly anything.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by Scott F
Nothing.

oh ya you do great pics of a life style that many of us would enjoy , add some wisdom and a little humor , stick with us.

norm

Not to worry my friend, I ain't going away and time soon. Heck I am almost a plank owner here. grin
Me.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Bearly anything.

[Linked Image]

Background in combination guns and insurance...so, not a helluva lot. whistle
I just come here to see you guys rip each other a new [bleep].

Kinda like monkeys fighting over a spot on a branch.
I brought these two hats to the table tonight for another thread.

[Linked Image]

nope, im gonna stay here to keep shoving yours and stoolheads crap into your faces

This gentleman,is a textbook example of an internet TROLL. And what's rare is the fact that he openly admitted it.

heck I might even show up to one of the get togethers

We all know that TROLLS don't venture out where they can't hide behind their computer screens. I'd love to see this happen but I know that it's just a pipe dream.

let you guys run your mouths to my face and see what happens.......

I'll tell you exactly what would happen. If you treated anyone face to face like you do here(behind your computer screen),you wouldn't last thirty seconds around real men. Nobody in the real world treats people like you do here Tom. Like it or not,you don't deserves to be here on the Campfire with real men and women. You are a disrespectful,foul mouthed punk and there's nothing that you can do to change that fact.
Originally Posted by shreck
Me.
[Linked Image]

That sweat shirt is awesome. grin
And Stoolhead is an angel?????
Be honest now
My good looks, great humor, unique accent, boerewors and my humility.
Not a whole lot, I don't know anywhere near what the some of the others here know.

I would like to think that I bring a little at least.
What Do You Bring To The Table?

Good looks, charm, and a full head of hair.
And Stoolhead is an angel?????
Be honest now

No.
Convince us that you are an asset to the Campfire.
Either that or leave. Please leave! Take your creepy obsession with Steelhead and go away.
A stimulus boost to the classifieds section so far ...............I've spent a small fortune here since I joined a few days ago. Can't believe as much time I spend on the net reading about the outdoors I never found this place until the other day.
Hopefully this spring ill be able to bring a little dab of knowledge to the turkey forum. Either knowledge or superstition, whichever is more relevant at the time.
I'm a Packers fan, nuff said! GO PACK GO!!!!
Bart;
Hopefully this finds you and yours doing acceptably well so far in 2014. Somehow 2013 seemed to be exceptionally rough on a lot of folks Bart and I recall remembering you a couple times in my prayers - so let's hope this one's better.

If memory serves I arrived here via an article that JB wrote in Handloader or Rifle as part of my lifelong fascination with all things that burn powder and my compulsion to learn more about all facets of the hunt.

Through the 'Fire I've been able to "meet" folks from all across the globe literally. One memorable exchange of PMs was with a chap who was a PH in Zambia who knew two brothers I'd been on a hunting trip in Kenya in 1975 and subsequently lost track of.

Then too, it was through the 'Fire that I've been privileged to meet a few members face to face and have always enjoyed those times.

I know I've learned much more from 'Fire folks here than I've been able to help out, though I do try to be of assistance if I'm able to. Overall the balance is against me in that department however.

There's been times some of the folks have sent stuff to me and I've tried to reciprocate with other members here who might have had a use for an item or book that I was finished using at the time. To be sure and certain though it's been a blessing for me to be both the receiver and the sender.

My goodness Bart, again I see that I've not been quite thrifty enough with my thoughts and words - brevity is certainly not my strong point here or in person..... blush

Thanks for the interesting reading your thread has provided Bart and all the best to you and yours.

Dwayne

nope, im gonna stay here to keep shoving yours and stoolheads crap into your faces

This gentleman,is a textbook example of an internet TROLL. And what's rare is the fact that he openly admitted it.

heck I might even show up to one of the get togethers

We all know that TROLLS don't venture out where they can't hide behind their computer screens. I'd love to see this happen but I know that it's just a pipe dream.

let you guys run your mouths to my face and see what happens.......

I'll tell you exactly what would happen. If you treated anyone face to face like you do here(behind your computer screen),you wouldn't last thirty seconds around real men. Nobody in the real world treats people like you do here Tom. Like it or not,you don't deserves to be here on the Campfire with real men and women. You are a disrespectful,foul mouthed punk and there's nothing that you can do to change that fact.

Yeah your right.....I'd putz out, I'd probably run off crying.
Laffin,
How dare someone defend his wife and son........shame on me.
I'm so sorry Bart, you were right Stoolhead was right I'm a total idiot.
Feel free to keep ridiculing me and tell Stoolhead he can keep ridiculing my son too.
I guess that's what this world has come to.......
At some point, one of you guys is going to have to stop trying to "out douchebag" the other.

I wish you both luck grin

I pay Rick on time, every month.
I stand here for truth, justice, and the American way.
not sure what bring other than a head full of useless facts.....
I dunno, you tell me!

Did I ever show you my pet spiders?
Irrelevant experiences, inane comments and obtuse posts--what more could you want?

Oh, and I do carry my Colt New Agent cocked and locked...
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Did I ever show you my pet spiders?

No but PM Les those pics... He loves spiders. grin
I'm contrary.
An open mind...
Thank you Dwayne. You are one of the best and most polite members that the Campfire has. A true gentleman.
I hope you and your gang have a great 2014 as well.
Again, thanks...
Bart
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I'm contrary.

You are not the only one...I lied on mine.
I have one weakness, I often try to answer the original posters question.
30 years ago my sister in I were kids. My grandfather had us out in the barn to clean stalls and she got some crap on my boots. Despite her persistent claims of innocent accident, I was offended. Such an egregious assault cannot be overlooked by an 8 year old, and my retaliation was both quick, and ineffective. In about 14 seconds we were both covered in crap when in walked my grandfather. His face weathered and most definitely red, his steely glare stopped of battle mid turd fling. "You two will clean every bit of the sh@& off the walls." "What good are you two," and with that pronouncement he stormed from the barn.
For three decades I've lived with the pain of that statement, getting over it finally just this morning......only to read this thread tonight........and once again ask myself, what good am I.......If I had to pick, I would say my short post......
Thank you Dwayne. You are one of the best and most polite members that the Campfire has. A true gentleman.
I hope you and your gang have a great 2014 as well.
Again, thanks...
Bart

He really is a role model for many of us, isn't he?
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I'm contrary.

You are not the only one...I lied on mine.

No you didn't.
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
I have one weakness, I often try to answer the original posters question.

Nuh-uh!
Not much, too late in life. At 75 & under (2000) posts, who the hell would listen anyway! Have learned a lot, had a few honest dealings, & enjoyed my daily visits. Been tempted to give my two cents on many of the long BS threads; but figured why bother, ain't gonna change nothing anyway!!!!
I don't contribute as much as I used too. I still spend as much time hunting and shooting both longuns and pistol. A little more pistol at a couple of club matches this year. I don't argue on the net and I don't want to defend my opinion every time I post so I don't post much. I still check in and read everyday but I don't even try to read every new post like the old days, actually there's enough posts that I'm not interested in reading that sometimes I just browse a forum, reading post titles and never even open one post. So I guess in don't bring much of anything to the table here anymore.
I generally provide an opportunity for those more knowledgeable than I to share that knowledge with me.
an appetite...with a knife, fork and spoon.... whistle

but I frequently wash the dishes afterwards... grin

And a fine Christian witness.
Originally Posted by ryanjay11

[Linked Image]
Nice Filson.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

And a fine Christian witness.

What a nice thing to say! Thank you and I pray that I never cease to do so. smile
Originally Posted by ryanjay11

[Linked Image]
Nice Filson.

I have the one on the right, where's a good place to get those these days?

As far as the OP, it's obviously a trick question.
I can kill threads with just a couple of words or a picture.
I bring whatever Ric allows me to bring, whenever I want to bring it.
My wife says that I'm difficult and opinionated. So apparently I don't bring much. kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020
My wife says that I'm difficult and opinionated. So apparently I don't bring much. kwg

I don't know anything about difficult and opinionated.
Northern Dave...

I bring a great sense of humor and the ability to bust balls just for the fun of it and get the chit handed back to me as well, nothing I enjoy more than a little banter. (Well, almost nothing...grin)
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]
That's annoying. I like it. grin
That's annoying. I like it.

See what I mean?
Originally Posted by Powerguy

I bring a great sense of humor and the ability to bust balls just for the fun of it and get the chit handed back to me as well, nothing I enjoy more than a little banter. (Well, almost nothing...grin)

I agree.
I was a splicer on a line crew back in the late 90's.
Busting balls was a way of life. Thin skinned Mama's boys should work inside,under soul sucking florescent lights,and in cubicles.
One thing that I bring to the Fire that's not well received is that I don't have the patience it takes to deal with idiots.
My ex-wife said it best when she told me that when I see a steaming turd,I have an overwhelming need to yell"YOU STINK"!.
Sparkling personality and my contagious smile !

Also a great appreciation for those who have shared their wisdom making me abetter hunter and shooter along with many friendships..

I was a splicer on a line crew back in the late 90's.
Busting balls was a way of life. Thin skinned Mama's boys should work inside,under soul sucking florescent lights,and in cubicles.
One thing that I bring to the Fire that's not well received is that I don't have the patience it takes to deal with idiots.
My ex-wife said it best when she told me that when I see a steaming turd,I have an overwhelming need to yell"YOU STINK"!.

Enough with the personal attacks! I'm tellin' Rick.
I enable posters to entertain a spectacular audience.

I think that TRH has confused you about personal attacks.
I'll let you know when to be offended... grin

I think that TRH has confused you about personal attacks.
I'll let you know when to be offended... grin

Thanks. It seems my offendometer is a little off.
truthfully not much, I've some decent hardcore backpack hunting experience but haven't gone sheep hunting now in 8 long years and truthfully don't know if I have what it takes to go again.

do manage to put a moose in the freezer most years.

I'm just a pimple on a good fire member's azz, but I do share some of the values of guys I've really come to admire that frequent this place.

I like to hunt,

I like women

love the outdoors

love this country (but sorry I've come to hate our gov't and both political parties, though I hate one even more than the other)

love and believe in God even though I'm not a church going man

believe in hard work, self reliance, but also helping out those less fortunate (there but by the grace of God go I)

love my family

really admire some of the guys that post here, been lucky enough to FTF with a few.

but like others I've taken more from this place than I can ever give back to it.
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Not true. Bristoe brings a perspective not coming from anybody else......plus those Friday night narratives when the Old Negro kicks in that are literary classics.

Me, maybe some history knowledge...a little about old shotguns and deer rifles

want me to crank it up, bitch?
agreed Steve, that lil hillbilly has my sides hurting at times.

he's probably missin the boat by not having his own unreality show!
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

want me to crank it up, bitch?

Lol. It's hard to even raise an eyebrow anymore. Thanks buddy.
It's hard to even raise an eyebrow anymore.
================

Damn...I'm a few years older than you and still trying to get there.

You and Steve could raise your eyebrows if you didn't do Botox.
It ain't the elasticity of my skin, it's muscle fatigue. Cop years are like dog years.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
agreed Steve, that lil hillbilly has my sides hurting at times.

he's probably missin the boat by not having his own unreality show!

+1

and I'm stealing the last line! grin

Sycamore
It is for others to decide what I bring to the table.

The best I can say is that I try to be as honest in my replies as decorum will let me.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

The best I can say is that I try to be as honest in my replies as decorum will let me.
You're one of the posters whom I read every word of that I see posted. Keep on keepin' on.

Good looks.
Buy a few things, sell a few things, lurk in the Savage collectors forum, the lever action forums, elk hunting forums, and throw my $.02 worth in once in a while.

Bart
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

You're one of the posters whom I read every word of that I see posted. Keep on keepin' on.

Ethan,

I appreciate the kind words. I value your outlook/perspective and opinion as coming from one of the guys who is very solidly grounded.

Friends that have simply not met yet.

MS

Lol. It's hard to even raise an eyebrow anymore. Thanks buddy.

You have eyebrows?
And he can lick um
A filthy mouth and bad attitude.
Not a lot Bart, but try to be a decent and honest guy who's willing to add what I can when it's a subject I know something about. But I do appreciate the hell out of this place.

Hope to meet a whole bunch of you all one day.

Bob
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
And he can lick um

If he told you that Dan, he might have been kidding.
One of the reasons Pat lives on the Texas coast is that it rarely freezes there... Because if he lived up north where you live. Pat might be stuck,by his tongue,to a flag pole every now and then.
Unfortunately not a lot on this end. I've learned a great deal and been privileged to meet a bunch of members, even Bob.

© 24hourcampfire