Home
For me, and all apply to me, are as follows.

1. I have changed out numerous scopes on rifles that I really didn't have a solid reason to do so. And somehow still do.

2. I owned two exact same models of guns, in the same caliber. I am sure there was a valid reason.

3. I cant remember if I sighted in a specific gun or not.

4. I don't remember where I got a specific gun from.

5. I buy an item for shooting or hunting, put it away, and then forget about the item. And buy it again and have two.

6. Despite knowing where an article is going about a gun, I still read it.

7. I never have enough.

8. I regret every rifle that I have ever sold. I remember all of those.

Is my mind going or is this something that has happened to you? smile

Have new forms of evidence? Post them...

You buy a rifle specifically because you got a box of ammo sometime, somewhere and you needed a gun to shoot it out of.
Or the reverse of ROMAC's scenario. You buy a rifle because ammo can be had immediately and its a condition of the sale. Winc 1903.
With two grandsons I have a reason to buy guns.The youngest is one year old so I need a selection for him when he gets big.
Ha that's funny Jeff and I'm guilty of all of them!

Another I can add off the top off my head is that I have boxes of bullets in calibers I no longer even own and powders of which are no good or not preferred for anything I own, but but must have been damm good in something at some time.....
Anybody who has more guns than I do.
someone who doesn't own any?
Like them all! I have been wondering where all my loves will end up when I am gone. Maybe a moseleum �....
RAS, any one of those 8 might get ya' qualified.
How 'bout it being a while since going through the collection, and you forgot you bought certain rifles, and are just tickled to see them there!

.....and you congratulate yourself for being so smart to make that purchase(s) you didn't remember. smile
Despite every build or buy being the perfect rifle to round out my collection, I still seem to a find hole in my gun safe and start dreaming about the next one and everything I could do with it.
Get a good deal on a set of dies for a gun you don't have so you have to buy the gun for them. It has happened twice.
A lunatic with a rifle. laugh
having loaded for load development for a new rifle. sell the new rifle before shooting it.

buy another rifle in same chambering years later. load up a box of 50 for development and then find the first box.

One I heard of was to have a certain modification done that , if done right, can't be detected so adds nothing to the value of a rifle; BUT if done wrong can be detected so detracts from the value of said rifle. Just wish I could Remember what the modification was.
Your jacked you have posted something you thought was important or funny 10,000 times...

W
when you have more pictures of your rifles on your IPhone than pictures of your family....
Making the distinction between caliber and cartridge when referencing the specifics of your rifle . . .
I'd say "Any young man above the age of about 5, who hasn't been 'politically corrected' "; but I have 2 granddaughters who love to shoot!

Mark
I badly needed a suitable scoped rifle for hunting white-tail deer, across long distant spaces - open prairie land.

So I bought a lever-action carbine, Marlin 1895-GS Guide Gun, 45-70 Caliber. Because I liked the looks of it better than anything else,
And I never put scopes on Lever-Guns. I buy firearms because I like them, and want them - no matter how impractical.
Originally Posted by RAS
For me, and all apply to me, are as follows.

1. I have changed out numerous scopes on rifles that I really didn't have a solid reason to do so. And somehow still do.

2. I owned two exact same models of guns, in the same caliber. I am sure there was a valid reason.

3. I cant remember if I sighted in a specific gun or not.

4. I don't remember where I got a specific gun from.

5. I buy an item for shooting or hunting, put it away, and then forget about the item. And buy it again and have two.

6. Despite knowing where an article is going about a gun, I still read it.

7. I never have enough.

8. I regret every rifle that I have ever sold. I remember all of those.

Is my mind going or is this something that has happened to you? smile

Have new forms of evidence? Post them...

All of that PLUS...

I have actually raised the bed when I ran out of space in my three safes.

I have three heavy rifles, one recently purchased, knowing I'll never get back over to Africa again to hunt dangerous game.

I have one full drawer full of scopes, some ok and many Klunkers.

I have about 15 dies sets for rounds I have no use for...no guns chambered for them.

I use my grandson as rationalization for buying more rifles and shotguns.

I still prowl the board for more "good deals", as if I need anything.

I can no longer fool my wife with "oh, this old gun?? I've had it for years".

My gunsmith sends me get Well cards if I have the slightest sniffles.

I have several guns on order from Germany, one I forgot I ordered two years ago.

My tally of guns just passed my wife's tally of pairs of shoes. crazy
How about, literally, acquiring every necessary component (I'm talking everything - action, Lothar barrel blank, dies, GS Custom bullets, stock blank, Kynoch ammo for testing, chamber reamer, and head-space gauges) for a 318 Westley-Richards build, lining up a top-notch 'smith, and then abandoning the project only to move on to a 9.3x66 Sako build because it ended up making more "sense" and was less obscure?
Originally Posted by RobnPa
Get a good deal on a set of dies for a gun you don't have so you have to buy the gun for them. It has happened twice.

Hey, I resemble that remark! grin

Sycamore
Add to this list:

You have a general hunting rifle or one you rarely shoot that just won't shoot well (accuracy is not THAT important), so you do one of the following:

Option 1: Trade it in for a new (or another) rifle. Net cost - about $500.

Option 2: Keep buying and trying new alterations (new stock, fiberglass bedding, new scope, new trigger, new barrel, etc.) until you realize that you've spent $1,000+ and it may or may not be a tack-driver. Even if it is, you still only shoot it occasionally.
I lost all my guns in a boating accident
© 24hourcampfire