Home
I like the Seattle Seahawks and have nothing against them......great victory. but Denver did not even put up a fight.

Worst problem was the entertainment, Queen Where's the beefa to start things off was horrific but got worse with the Half-Time debacle. Hands down worst EVER Half-Time, bring back the wardrobe malfunction. New York, New Jersey should be ashamed !!
It was over on the first play of the game.
If you thought that was the worst halftime ever, you aint been watching the Super Bowl the last decade.

It was the worst Super Bowl today though.
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I like the Seattle Seahawks and have nothing against them......great victory. but Denver did not even put up a fight.

Worst problem was the entertainment, Queen Where's the beefa to start things off was horrific but got worse with the Half-Time debacle. Hands down worst EVER Half-Time, bring back the wardrobe malfunction. New York, New Jersey should be ashamed !!

NY has a lot to be ashamed of right now and some stupid football game is the least of it.
I thought seeing peyton getting his ass kicked was the best part . . .
I don't want to ever hear Manninng name in the same sentence with the Great Joe Montana 4-0 in SB's. crazy
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I thought seeing peyton getting his ass kicked was the best part . . .

Loved the look on his face when he saw the ball go flying past his head on that first play. It don't get better than that!
I loved it taped it and skip the halftime junk! I never cared for Manning so it was great to see him get whipped!
Perhaps? Perhaps?!
Broncos----second place in the SB
Originally Posted by Higbean
If you thought that was the worst halftime ever, you aint been watching the Super Bowl the last decade.

Oh I have been watching every year, the geriatrics to the thunder thighs and stand by my statement, this year WORST half-time EVER !!!
Originally Posted by okok
I don't want to ever hear Manninng name in the same sentence with the Great Joe Montana 4-0 in SB's. crazy

Terry Bradshaw
You can't blame that super bowl loss on Manning. He set a record for completions I guess. Denver's defense didn't even try to stop the hawks. As for bad superbowls, the Redskins- Broncos game in '89 (I think) was about as bad.
I liked it whenever the camera panned on Peyton. The look of bewildered frustration was worth watching the whole thing for. You know Eli is happy.
I stopped watching after about five minutes into the third quarter. A boring runaway.

L.W.
That was the nfl worse nightmare a blowout
Worst part was hearing play-by-play guy call Peyton "a top 5 QB ever still, no matter what happens" when they were down by like 4 TDs. What a crock. Why the hell is the guy sooooo over-rated?

His postseason record is 11-12. Need I say more?
Originally Posted by Higbean
If you thought that was the worst halftime ever, you ain't been watching the Super Bowl the last decade.

Oh I have been watching every year, the geriatrics to the thunder thighs and stand by my statement, this year WORST half-time EVER !!!

As to the halftime show, what a joke!!!!! That wasn't music, it was just noise with a bunch of juveniles making asses of their selves. As far as the game was concerned it was great seeing a bunch of guys that were supposed to be an after thought to Payton's being the most valuable player getting his clock cleaned.
I thought it was a good halftime show. Better than anything in the last few years for sure. Clean for the most part and i didnt have to worry about my kids seeing anything they shouldnt at their age.
The game tho sucked. The hawks opened up a clinic on the denver defense. Just glad it was them and not san francisco.
If anything else can be said its that the commercials also sucked with exception of a few.
I think Peyton has played one game too many.
Originally Posted by 79S

Terry Bradshaw

Montana and Bradshaw are close.
Originally Posted by DSF
I loved it taped it and skip the halftime junk! I never cared for Manning so it was great to see him get whipped!

Then you missed the tribute to the men and women of the U.S. military where several members got to dedicate the next songs to their families.

Not even close to the worse of the recent halftime shows. This is the first one I have watched at least half way though in a long while.

I've seen High School games better than that! I'd be ticked if I had paid good money to watch it.
Originally Posted by 79S

Terry Bradshaw

Brady and Aikman both have 3 rings each.
Big Ben and Eli have two each
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
I've seen High School games better than that! I'd be ticked if I had paid good money to watch it.

Just think some of those clowns paid 2grand for tickets
Originally Posted by Enrique

If anything else can be said its that the commercials also sucked with exception of a few.

I could not agree more, the first half COKE commercial was one of the worst of all time, but the ones about the military and the pistachios were good
We,ve been spoiled lately with good games. That's why the game seemed so bad. Remember all of those blowouts in the 80's and 90's? I mean, come on. We had to sit through a game started by Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins.
[Linked Image]

Amen. The Manning ball washers on the fire suckered my into thinking he could win and was better than Romo. grin

Romo would have put some first downs on the ground.
Manning was prepared for everything except the first snap. The game was over at that point. The Denver defense played good enough early limiting Seattle to field goals, but they were put into too deep of a hole by Manning and that was the end.

Congratulations Seattle.
The Denver defense played good enough early limiting Seattle to field goals

A 1 quarter defense isn't even good enough for high school ball. My question is how did both teams get there grin
Reminds me of the shellacking Chicago laid on New England back in 85. 55-10 I believe it was?

Correction....46-10
Peyton Manning top 5 ALL TIME QB no matter what you guys think
He broke records every time he hit the field
Hell even Joe Nammoth only has 1 ring.
Seahawks played a great game.

Denver did not.

I just had hopes that it would not be a lopsided one.
It seems that Denver had enough ammo to shoot their feet several times.
[Linked Image]
Peyton Manning is a class act and one helluva of a stats QB. But QB's are judged by Superbowls.

I am a defensive guy, so I thought it was a great superbowl. The #1 defense outscored the #1 offense.

So if you take away the special team and offensive scores, the defense still won the game. The MVP should have gone to whole defensive side.

The Patriots learned the same lesson in their "unbeaten" season.

It is hard to be a finesse, skilled offense when you are getting punched in the mouth.

Irregardless, Denver did not show up and has been on the losing side of three of the worst SB losses in history.

Made for a bad game, but one heckuva defensive show, the only way it would have been better is if the Broncos defense would have played just as good. A game where the majority of the points came from defense? That would have been nirvana.

Half time show was predictable. Not horrid, nor spectacular.

Originally Posted by Mink
Reminds me of the shellacking Chicago laid on New England back in 85. 55-10 I believe it was?

Correction....46-10

Niner's 55-10 over Denver in 1989.
thought it was a good halftime show. Better than anything in the last few years for sure. Clean for the most part and i didnt have to worry about my kids seeing anything they shouldnt at their age.

Ya I was pleasantly surprised by Bruno Mars, the guy has real talent, and he's grounded in the Motown era, clean too. They coulda hired any number of foul-mouthed idiot rappers, but they didn't.

A nice closing too; service folks overseas greeting their families before the last song. They didn't have to do that either.

The game might have sucked worse except for the morbid fascination of watching the favorite get totally thrashed. I'll fess up, I was disappointed when the Broncos got on the board at all, a washout woulda been another record.

Who did Bob pick to win?

Birdwatcher
Birdy, Bob's record is still intact. wink
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
thought it was a good halftime show. Better than anything in the last few years for sure. Clean for the most part and i didnt have to worry about my kids seeing anything they shouldnt at their age.

Ya I was pleasantly surprised by Bruno Mars, the guy has real talent, and he's grounded in the Motown era, clean too. They coulda hired any number of foul-mouthed idiot rappers, but they didn't.

A nice closing too; service folks overseas greeting their families before the last song. They didn't have to do that either.

Agree. Would have been better without the Chili Peppers. That not only didn't add to the show, but was a detraction.

Never expected such a runaway game.
What the hell are you doing up at this ungodly hour? laugh
???

11 PM here. 3 AM your time.
Originally Posted by ironbender
???

11 PM here. 3 AM your time.
Yep. I guess I should have used a double smilie on that one. laugh laugh
I see what you did there. wink
The half-time show was worse than pathetic... the chili peppers took bad all the way to "mute" in an instant.

I was torn, thinking Peyton really deserved to win another, but predicting a Seahawks blow-out.

Sherman, until he got hurt, made his point... his corner gets no traffic when he is in...
What was Bob's prediction on this one?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What was Bob's prediction on this one?
lol Guess.
I can't even fathom how Denver could be so ill prepared for Seattle's game plan. It's not like they ran a bunch of new stuff at them-it was the same plays they used all season. Denver just had no answer, but then again when you give up points on a safety, an interception, and a kick return, and can't even cover those with scores of your own, the handwriting's pretty much on the wall from the get-go.
Originally Posted by 79S

Terry Bradshaw

I tend to think Bradshaw might be the all-around best QB to ever play the game.

I thought the same thing when I heard that..
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by BRISTECD

Just think some of those clowns paid 2grand for tickets

That was starting price for nosebleed seats...some suites were going for 800K
the national anthem was probably the best I have ever seen. the game sucked, the commercials were decent, a few made me chuckle. halftime show was pretty good wife and I watched the whole thing. she loves the RHCP so she loved the halftime show. I'm glad I don't have a swear jar or I'd be broke this morning, Broncos played like crap. when I saw the first play, I knew it was done, they never recovered.
Originally Posted by CRS
Peyton Manning is a class act and one helluva of a stats QB. But QB's are judged by Superbowls.

Marino?
Elway?
Birdy, Bob's record is still intact. wink

Really?

How strongly did he feel about his prediction?

I mean ruining some guy's entire football career is a whole quantum leap above and beyond, even for Bob.
the game sucked right from kick off trying run ball out of endzone when they the defense is already there.didn't care who won it just would of been nice to see two teams play not just one.4,000 for a ticket glad i didn't save for the once in a lifetime chance to go to a superbowl.
It is a new day for some of the most arrogant Denver fans, hard way to learn to be humble - I feel for them.

Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Well-stated and spot on..
Originally Posted by Redneck

And the Fastest score at a Super Bowl ever - 12 Seconds!!!

Originally Posted by tbear99
the game sucked right from kick off trying run ball out of endzone when they the defense is already there.didn't care who won it just would of been nice to see two teams play not just one.4,000 for a ticket glad i didn't save for the once in a lifetime chance to go to a superbowl.
I heard this am that some 'scalpers' on the street before the game weren't even getting offers of face value.. LMAO..

That game does go to show ya what defense means to a team..

Ya hear THAT, McStupid/Capers et al?? Ya freakin' MORONS...

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I liked it whenever the camera panned on Peyton. The look of bewildered frustration was worth watching the whole thing for. You know Eli is happy.

I think Eli must have rubbed Peyton's head before he ran out of the tunnel or something.
Rumor has it that there's gonna be a really good supply of "like new" never worn Denver Bronco Super Bowl 2014 Champion branded t shirts and caps coming to a Goodwill near you
Nah, they end up in Somalia or someplace like that.
Denver played like they were huddling around a community bong before every play.
It was absolutely the worst I have ever seen.
Even worse that 1974 at Rice stadium, in Houston
I attended that one and I believe it was not sold out.
Originally Posted by kennyd
Broncos----second place in the SB

Yeah, but the Seahawks were next to last. grin
The occasional view of Mr. Ed up in the owners box was priceless.
The game only sucked if you are a whiney Bronco's fan. How does crow taste for breakfast?
Or you could say it was only worth watching if you're a Seahawks fan. Worst SB game I've seen. Broncos clearly weren't ready, and IMHO, that goes to coaching. Their short passing game wasn't working, and they had nothing else, couldn't adjust.

Whereas the Seahawks saw the Broncos loading up to stop the run and had a good answer for it, end-arounds.

Plus, Russell Wilson looked like the old pro, Manning sure didn't.
It must have been pretty tough on John Elway sitting up in that box looking down. I thought maybe they'd put him in (in the context of anything would be better than what they were doing).

My favorite commercial was the Bruce Willis one. He starts out: "Great game..." Clearly this was taped before the actual game.

Unfortunately, I agree with the poster a few pages back - I was disappointed Denver scored at all.
Manning is good when he has time and patience to read the various looks of a morphing defense. He is simply better than they are at knowing what they will do.

Seattle does not play defense in that manner. They show the same 1 or 2 looks the entire game, and don't put plays in motion until after the snap. That took away the only thing that Peyton has ever been really good at.

Denver's coaches did not adjust their playcalling either--the short middle passing game was available for most of the night. Instead of going into a very quick no-huddle and taking what was available over and over, they kept Peyton in there trying to dissect the defense (when there is nothing to dissect in Seattle's defense).

Seattle's offensive play calling was just right--just enough to get it done and take what Denver would give them.

Russell Wilson is the real deal--he'll be around for a long time getting just enough done when necessary to win.

My SIL is a big Dallas fan, but really likes Peyton Manning. I explained my dislike of Manning to him.

When Landry popularized the Shotgun formation, the Officials pretty much used the the rules for the old single wing formation as far as movement allowed by the QB.

Then Manning comes along with all his shucking and jiving prior to the snap, which put the Defensive linemen at a disadvantage as far as getting off the line, and the ref allowed it.

So....... I thought that first play was Karma. I have no love for Seattle, but if Denver was destined to get beat, I'm glad it was a real humiliation.
Gotta wonder why Denver didn't kick the field goal on last possession first half. Almost as bad a decision as Bruno Mars. WTF!
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Mink

Correction....46-10

Niner's 55-10 over Denver in 1989.

Yep, XXIV
I watched it for about 15 minutes of which about 10 were commercials.A gigantic waste of time.
It was a huge success.
Everyone that was supposed to make money did. At your collective expense. I don't partake of the koolaid.
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by CRS

Marino?
Elway?

Jim Plunket? Explain that one!!!
It's only worst SB ever if your a Peyton/Broncos fan.Now if your a Hawks fan on the other hand....
If you're just a football fan, it was among the worst.
Denver just got out played the whole game and like they say, turn overs will kill you . Denver made to many screw up from the start to the end . The real winner in this game was Vegas on the point spread .
Originally Posted by 375fan
It's only worst SB ever if your a Peyton/Broncos fan.Now if your a Hawks fan on the other hand....

I'm a fan of neither team so yeah, it was not a good superbowl for the everyday fan.

I said a week ago that the Seahawks would probably win it but was pulling for Peyton to get another ring. Instead, he got embarrassed on the biggest stage in football. He might be the greatest regular season QB in NFL history (debatable I know) but he just plain chokes in the playoffs.

+1

BORING !!!!
As a long time (and long suffering) Chiefs fan, the SB was everything I could have hoped for. I thoroughly enjoyed it from the first play to the last. Division rivalries die hard.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Originally Posted by Redneck

And the Fastest score at a Super Bowl ever - 12 Seconds!!!

As well as 12 Seconds to Score with Harvin's kickoff return to start the Second Half.
Originally Posted by M1Garand

+1. Peyton would barely qualify to lick Joe's boots. If Joe were still behind center, the Niner's would have finished the 'Hawks two weeks ago and Joe vs. Peyton would have been something to see. I don't know if there was ever anyone as cool under pressure as Joe. He loved playing in high-stakes games - the guy had ice water in his veins.
Sorry but I just don't see the RH Chili Peppers as anything resembling music.
Originally Posted by noharleyyet
Sorry but I just don't see the RH Chili Peppers as anything resembling music.

The way the guy on bass jumped around and turned his head side to side so fast made me think he hit the mother lode of Nazi crank.
Originally Posted by bea175
Denver just got out played the whole game and like they say, turn overs will kill you . Denver made to many screw up from the start to the end . The real winner in this game was Vegas on the point spread .

Kinda looked that way to me too. Seahawks read the Bronco's play book. Nothing Denver tried was a surprise offensively or defensively.
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by CRS

Marino?
Elway?

Jim Plunket? Explain that one!!!

One of the few too win the heisman trophy, Super Bowl MVP and he has two rings. I wonder why he is not in the HOF
Originally Posted by John_G

+1. Peyton would barely qualify to lick Joe's boots. If Joe were still behind center, the Niner's would have finished the 'Hawks two weeks ago and Joe vs. Peyton would have been something to see. I don't know if there was ever anyone as cool under pressure as Joe. He loved playing in high-stakes games - the guy had ice water in his veins.

I just clicked on here and saw this thread & only read this page. Being from their general area & watching Archie as a kid, I'm a fan of the Mannings but you're right about Joe Montana. Remembering the many miracles I've seen that cat pull off on the field sends chills up my spine. He and Jerry Rice were phenomenal, but that's when football was real!
Super bore!
Joe Montana would have lasted about 2 plays against the Seahawks yesterday..of course he is 58 years old.
Pulled perch through a hole in the ice all day long; literally killed 'em. Good late supper.
I chose well to not watch it, as I can't stand either team, especially the Seahawks. Epitome of the NBA in pads.
Originally Posted by noharleyyet
Joe Montana would have lasted about 2 plays against the Seahawks yesterday..of course he is 58 years old.

Next, someone will be suggesting that Broadway Joe would only have lasted a play or two.
That thwarted coin toss was funny as hell. grin
It was a pretty awful game. Never mind the (disappointing to me) outcome, it was boring. If I hadn't been sh*t-faced by half time I'd have shut it off and gone for a drive somewhere to fish. Not supposed to drink and fish so I stayed home and watched the 2nd half of boring.

Tom
Originally Posted by Jeffpg
Originally Posted by John_G

I just clicked on here and saw this thread & only read this page. Being from their general area & watching Archie as a kid, I'm a fan of the Mannings but you're right about Joe Montana. Remembering the many miracles I've seen that cat pull off on the field sends chills up my spine. He and Jerry Rice were phenomenal, but that's when football was real!

'Zactly. Peyton is a great guy and put up unbelievable numbers this season ... but the measure of a great quarterback is more than merely statistics. The truly great quarterback - or any athlete, for that matter - finds a way to win the big game. Montana did just that; when the pressure was on his veins were full of ice water and his mind was focussed and confident - he just KNEW he was going to win. Others, as talented as they might be, just fold under pressure because they let doubt creep in.

I had a good buddy years ago who was a golf pro. He was the full package: a great long game, super sharp iron play, a deft touch around the greens, and a fantastic putter. He won a lot of local tournaments by huge margins but settled for a job as a club pro. After playing with him one day and losing a ton of money to him for the -nth time, I asked him why he didn't consider trying the tour. He said, "Are you kidding me? I don't have the mind for it. I wouldn't hold up under the pressure. When it comes to the point where I have to sink a 10 footer or starve, I'd probably be looking for a hole to crawl into. The top pros on tour LOVE that kind of situation; the rest of us just fold up."

Montana was one of those who LOVED being in those situations. Peyton Manning? I'm not so sure.
First of all congrats to the Hawks. I wasn't rooting for either team, because neither was the "Green n Gold". However it was obvious the Hawks wanted it more than the Broncos did.

I don't agree that it was the worst Super Bowl ever. One sided yes, but there have been blowouts before and worse statistics for the losing team compared to the winning team than yesterday. One team is going to win and one will lose. How that happens isn't always the same and there will always be happy fans and upset fans in a game like this. It is what it is.

To put things into perspective Seattle has bragging rights for one year. Next year is a new season starts and they have to win again to retain those rights. There have been repeat winners once in the last 14 years in the NFL so it isn't a sure thing by any means.

Enjoy your "day in the sun" Hawk fans. Many other teams and their fans will be gunning for you next season. wink
Originally Posted by Idared
...To put things into perspective Seattle has bragging rights for one year. wink

You are in danger of being tarred and feathered by the other Packer fans for a statement like that! smile
Being a Packer fan for over 60 years I've enjoyed many "Days in the Sun" and the bragging rights that came with it. laugh

I don't mind giving the Seattle fans some slack to celebrate their first NFL championship. There will be some hard decisions coming for them in the future dealing with the salary cap. wink
© 24hourcampfire