Home
Posted By: shreck Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Trader Joe's told Portland to GFY.

Trader Joe�s wanted to build a new store in Portland, Oregon. Instead of heading to a tony neighborhood downtown or towards the suburbs, the popular West Coast grocer chose a struggling area of Northeast Portland.

The company selected two acres along Martin Luther King Blvd. that had been vacant for decades. It seemed like the perfect place to create jobs, improve customer options and beautify the neighborhood. City officials, the business community, and residents all seemed thrilled with the plan. Then some community organizers caught wind of it.

Rest of the story
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Good for Trader Joes. I really like shopping there. Another attempted "shakedown" by "professional blacks" that screwed over the people they claim to "help".
Posted By: shreck Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Good for Trader Joes. I really like shopping there. Another attempted "shakedown" by "professional blacks" that screwed over the people they claim to "help".

Yep, next they will be whining because there is no place to buy fresh food.
Posted By: djs Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Sometimes you CAN win by loosing. Good for Trader Joe's.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Couldn't have said it better. Surprised Al and Jesse weren't there with a banner.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Justice Department will probably find racial discrimination against Trader Joe's and MAKE them build there anyway. crazy
Posted By: eh76 Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
"Portland African-American Leadership Forum" another phrase for bunch of ignorant libtard fools
Posted By: 1minute Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Oregon is about 2% black. Sounds to me like Traders sought out a blacker than average neighborhood.

mandated jobs based on race
I thought we did away with that years ago.

Community organizers have no business dictating corporate decisions.
Originally Posted by eh76
"Portland African-American Leadership Forum" another phrase for bunch of ignorant, self righteous, and arrogant, libtard fools

Sorry eh, couldn't help myself. ;-{>8
Posted By: sactoller Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
I like this line...

"But have no fear, Portland. You might not have a new Trader Joe�s, but PAALF promised to hold a �community visioning process� later this month. No word yet if that brainstorming session will offer jobs, affordable housing or Two-Buck Chuck."
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
The group re-issued demands that the now-cancelled development include affordable housing, mandated jobs based on race, and a small-business slush fund. Instead, the only demand being met is two fallow acres and a lot of anger from the people who actually live nearby.

This is hilarious.
Posted By: 79S Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Wtf we living in Africa that's what 3rd world dictators do shake down companies
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! As Red on the 70s show would say, DUMBASSES.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Let's see them open a store on MLK Bvd in ..say...Cleveland!
It too would be boarded up in a month. After the tenth break in and armed robbery!
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
From the comments:

"The bitterness and hate created by the late civil strife has, in my opinion, been obliterated in this state, and would have long since been entirely obliterated, were it not for some unprincipled men who would keep alive the bitterness of the past, and inculcate a hatred between the races, in order that they may aggrandize themselves by office, and its emoluments, to control my people, the effect of which is to degrade them."
Hiram Rhodes Revels
First African American Senator
Minister
Republican"
Posted By: eh76 Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Originally Posted by eh76
"Portland African-American Leadership Forum" another phrase for bunch of ignorant, self righteous, and arrogant, libtard fools

Sorry eh, couldn't help myself. ;-{>8

Good addition!
Might add that senator Revels was in the US senate in1870.

Race baiting opportunists have had a good run of it.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
As the OP mentions, this move by Trader Joes would " create jobs"�.

Something the black community seems to be diametrically opposed to�.

Shocker, that.
Posted By: Steve Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
I got news for them, its already gentrified. That area is quintessential Portlandia hipsterville.
Posted By: BRISTECD Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
PAALF are a bunch of liberal dumbasses. Retards!
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Originally Posted by Steve
I got news for them, its already gentrified. That area is quintessential Portlandia hipsterville.

You mean a bunch of white, middle-class democrats lost their chance at a Trader Joe store because of this?

Serves them right.
Posted By: Steve Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Yeah. They'll now have to go 7 or 8 blocks to get to a Freddies or 20 blocks to a Whole Foods.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
"Gentrification"

H@LL NO, Bro! Dats try'n tah civilize us... smirk
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Good for Trader Joe's - 02/05/14
Now a minority contractor loses out on a job. The black community
loses out on how many jobs. But say we's still got our food stamps, food banks, welfare and obamacare. Getting the picture?
© 24hourcampfire