Home
link to story

they are talking over $400 Million in fraud, based on false claims from 9/11m involving cops and firemen.
But...they are "entitled" to it...and anyone who disagrees is a "hater"

Originally Posted by Harry M

So true.
Disgusting! These guys should be kicked to the curb and get nothing when/ if they get out of prison.
They could do this in every major city in the country if they wanted to. The findings would be exactly the same.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
link to story

they are talking over $400 Million in fraud, based on false claims from 9/11m involving cops and firemen.
There is no bottom floor to how low someone will sink.

Hater...yeah, I HATE them for being such low life dirtbags who would try to steal from our government in the wake of one of it's most prolific tragedies...guess that makes me a hater.

Investigate the claims. If they're due money, give it to them. if they're committing fraud, put their arses in jail; preferably with a cell mate who's LARGE and patriotic.
They've found that about 100 cops and firemen out of the 46,000 employed committed fraud.

I'm not surprised at all. Good on the DA for catching them.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
They've found that about 100 cops and firemen out of the 46,000 employed committed fraud.

Talk about spin. grin

No, fraud is fraud and is illegal and undeserved. A pension is earned and agreed upon. You really aren't too bright are ya there Harry?

No kidding. Corruption is much more prevalent in small agencies. Of course, it tends to benefit the residents of the community...so it's not discouraged.
It's not spin. It's math.

There's probably more cops and firemen on drugs or coming to work drunk or banging hookers at work than there are in this scandal. Statistically speaking anyway.
If you took all the cops and firemen in NYC.
Then eliminated 99% of them.
Then eliminated half of the 1% left.
Then eliminated half of the half of the 1% that were left.
Then eliminated 13% of the half of the half of the 1% that were left.....

That's how many have been discovered to be involved in the scandal.

But I am glad they were caught and arrested.
If you took all the cops and firemen in NYC.
Then eliminated 99% of them.
Then eliminated half of the 1% left.
Then eliminated half of the half of the 1% that were left.
Then eliminated 13% of the half of the half of the 1% that were left.....

That's how many have been discovered to be involved in the scandal.

But I am glad they were caught and arrested.

Maverick wins again.

Travis
If you laid down all of the fireman and cops in NYC head to toe (assuming they averaged 6' tall), they'd stretch 52 MILES.

The cops and firemen in this scandal would stretch 600 FEET.
If you laid down all of the fireman and cops in NYC head to toe (assuming they averaged 6' tall), they'd stretch 52 MILES.

A good runner could cover the distance of bad guys in HALF A MINUTE.

The good guy distance would take SEVEN HOURS.
all this new math is making me dizzy
If they all weighed 200#.....

The good guys would equal TEN BOEING 747s FULL OF FUEL, PASSENGERS AND CARGO.

The bad guys would be AN EMPTY HONDA CIVIC.
or....one bad cop spoils the whole bunch.
Originally Posted by atvalaska
or....one bad cop spoils the whole bunch.

Not in reality, but certainly in the eyes of those looking for a bad bunch.
Yaaaa...must be an "isolated" incident...say...in the meantime...lot's of good reading here...

http://granitegrok.com/tag/union-thuggery
And if you measured the length of their pricks they'd stack up to one Obama.
400,000,000 / 100 = $4,000,000. Dayom. Is this on top of the (iirc) $2 billion paid just for their resulting medical problems that their insurance covered any way. I'd say stretch some pricks a few miles anyway.
Bring in a pot of $$$ and opportunists will surface. I believe there was enough donated to make most of the truly deserving millionaires.
Funny, we had a couple of hundered guys down there for months and not one guy filed for a PTSD disability. I spent nine years down there cleaning up/overseeing the clean-up and it didn't bother me a bit!
How far would 400 million dollar bills laid head to toe stretch?
Originally Posted by FlaRick
How far would 400 million dollar bills laid head to toe stretch?
About 37,878 miles.
If they all weighed 200#.....

The good guys would equal TEN BOEING 747s FULL OF FUEL, PASSENGERS AND CARGO.

The bad guys would be AN EMPTY HONDA CIVIC.

A 20,000lb Civic? That's one Bad Ass Civic!
"They've found that about 100 cops and firemen out of the 46,000 employed committed fraud.

I'm not surprised at all. Good on the DA for catching them."

As a percentage of the total employed, 100 is quite small but that's irrelivant.. As a percentage of those present on the day, 100 is a hefty number. And there's no reason to think the ones who were not there would have had a higher percentage of "good guys."

Even bigger ethics problem is the "good guys" frequently know who is commiting fraud and graft but don't expose it - probably because of the risk of getting shot in the back on the job!
Hot dang I missed a zero. My bad.

The bad guys would weigh a half tank of 747 fuel.
I love you Mav.

Travis

A good runner could cover the distance of bad guys in HALF A MINUTE.

The good guy distance would take SEVEN HOURS.

FWIW, the runner still wouldn't be done. He's got another hour of running.

He's been running eight minute miles for six hours.
Originally Posted by deflave
I love you Mav.

Travis

I'm a giver. It's what I do.
From the story, "...with some accused of falsely claiming to have been traumatized by the September 11, 2001 attacks on the city."

How did the DA prove they did not feel trauma? These stories always end with the accused winning in court.
Originally Posted by boomtube
"They've found that about 100 cops and firemen out of the 46,000 employed committed fraud.

I'm not surprised at all. Good on the DA for catching them."

As a percentage of the total employed, 100 is quite small but that's irrelivant.. As a percentage of those present on the day, 100 is a hefty number. And there's no reason to think the ones who were not there would have had a higher percentage of "good guys."

Even bigger ethics problem is the "good guys" frequently know who is commiting fraud and graft but don't expose it - probably because of the risk of getting shot in the back on the job!

Where do you guys get this stuff? Gotta be HBO.

I can't recall anyone ever even being punched for turning in a bad cop. And that happens more than you obviously think
© 24hourcampfire