Home
Posted By: jnyork Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
My wife goes in for cataract surgery Monday morning on right eye, then two weeks later for the left eye. Doctor has excellent reputation, has done this for half the people in Yuma, still it's hard not to have some trepidation. Have her convinced to obey ALL the doctor's instructions to the LETTER, probably don't have anything to worry about it but I do anyway.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Prayers and well wishes.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Prayers on the way
Posted By: MColeman Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Had the surgery done twice and slept through the whole thing....twice. Piece of cake.
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Originally Posted by MColeman
Had the surgery done twice and slept through the whole thing....twice. Piece of cake.

What Mickey said.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Prayers sent.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Prayers and well wishes.

Same here.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Prayers on the way!
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Prayers sent.
Posted By: RickcNY Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Originally Posted by jnyork
My wife goes in for cataract surgery Monday morning on right eye, then two weeks later for the left eye. Doctor has excellent reputation, has done this for half the people in Yuma, still it's hard not to have some trepidation. Have her convinced to obey ALL the doctor's instructions to the LETTER, probably don't have anything to worry about it but I do anyway.
prayers sent for great results and minimal discomfort
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Amen to the good wishes.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Surgury Monday - 03/01/14
Prayers for a successful surgery on the way.
Posted By: idnative1948 Re: Surgury Monday - 03/02/14
What they said. Piece of cake. Just wish they could do my other one sooner than later.
Posted By: rattler Re: Surgury Monday - 03/02/14
easy surgery, my wife went through it last May, except she didnt have cataracts......her eyesight was so bad she wasnt a candidate for Lasik so she had the lenses replaced just like they do for cataracts.....bout twice as expensive as Lasik but only bout 3 years worth of her glasses and contacts.....simple, quick surgery....the prep takes bout 7 times longer than the surgery itself....your wife will be fine....
Posted By: Seafire Re: Surgury Monday - 03/02/14
my wife had it done about 10 years ago...was quick and easy on her.. as Mickey said... put to sleep, woke up with it done.. told to take it easy for a day or two...which she quickly interpreted as a free pass to not have to do any housework, or cooking...
and doctors order to sit and watch TV and be taken out to eat...

prayers on the way for a good turn out anyway...
Posted By: texasbatman Re: Surgury Monday - 03/02/14
I will be praying for her.

Jim
Posted By: anachronism Re: Surgury Monday - 03/02/14
It'll all be over before you (and she) know it. I took my Mom in for cataracts, and she came out in great shape. Still, we're praying for her, and you!
Posted By: ldholton Re: Surgury Monday - 03/02/14
Like about 5 years back my dad (about 65 at the time) had this done cataract/ lens implants does. He had wore glass since the age of 5 he read with out glasses his whole life but could tell who was across the room with out glasses. at the time of the surgery one eye was 20/80 the other was 20/200 after every thing was said and done he was 20/20 both eyes but does now use just cheap reading glasses to read. 100% opposite of his whole life . I'm sure she will be fine and totally happy with everything after healing is complete
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Surgury Monday - 03/02/14
Prayers sent from Kentucky.
Posted By: Qtip Re: Surgury Monday - 03/03/14
I pray that all goes well. The Lord is with her.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
Posted By: HugAJackass Re: Surgury Monday - 03/03/14

Standing with ya, sir.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Surgury Monday - 03/03/14
Prayers from here.

Mark
© 24hourcampfire