Home
We are rejoicing in some wonderful turn of events. THANKS for all of your prayers as Sherri had a big breakthrough last night and this morning. We had been told that the EARLIEST she would get that awful thing out of her snout was, maybe, on Wed. Due to her rapid bouncing back way ahead of planned or expected recovery. It came as a total shock to us an hour ago when the floor RN came in and told us the tube was coming out immediately. The first thing we did once that thing was out of our way was kiss - and not just a little peck! Very few kisses have been so wonderous for me as this one.

In a few minutes the cafeteria here will bring her some vegetable broth, juice, jello and a frozen fruit drink. Sherri says she never thought she would be so excited about Jello!

I am so excited and relieved. I think we can manage a way to sleep together in her hospital bed tonight and I will get to hold and cuddle with my sweetie.

Thank you all who prayed and offered kind words and support. All of this is very, VERY much appreciated, and we know EXACTLY who and what brought about this startling quick turnaround!

Blessings abundant, and thanks.....

MARK
Way cool. We had a prayer answered today too. Prayer does work.
If my wife was laid up in the hospital last thing on my mind would be squeezing my ass into the bed to cuddle thats for sure. I'm sure she is ecstatic as you are and knows you love her dearly but man she just came out of one tough ordeal I'm sure the cuddling can wait a few more days.

James 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Originally Posted by 79S
If my wife was laid up in the hospital last thing on my mind would be squeezing my ass into the bed to cuddle thats for sure. I'm sure she is ecstatic as you are and knows you love her dearly but man she just came out of one tough ordeal I'm sure the cuddling can wait a few more days.

She squeezed into my bed the night I had my heart attack and stayed there the whole time that I was fighting for my life despite all of the tubes and wires etc. We are, and especially she is, far more touchy-feely and cuddle prone than most. Plus, she is quite petite and we fit in a single size bed just fine. Even at home with our queen sized bed we only use about 1/3 of it, with the other 2/3's taken up by various members of our four legged furrballs. I would not think of such unless she was excited about the idea, and the originator of same.

BTW, in case this is what you were thinking, when I say cuddling, I meant only cuddling. Other 'things' must wait a while and we are cool with that. But much of this whole time we have been holding hands, rubbing each others arms, and all the stuff that makes us a lot of what and who we are as a couple. We do almost everything together and are almost always touching one another somewhere, somehow.
So happy to hear this.
Great news!
Great news!
GREAT NEWS!
Praise the Lord for good news.
Here's prayin you get to kiss her for many more years and right into eternity.
Glad to hear Mark; still praying for you and yours though.
I just love happy endings!
The Lord be praised!!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
That's some wonderful news!
Blessed news!
Great news and thanks for the update, and prayers are still on the way.
Great News, Mark!

The Lord does hear our Prayers when we are in need, and He answers too!
Great news.
Never a doubt.
Good news Mark. God speed.
Great news! Still praying for you both.
Glad to hear some good news on your Mrs., Mark.
Great News Mark! Hang in there it'll be ok.
More proof of what happens when a big ol' bunch of God fearing rednecks hit the deck and pray hard for one of our own. THANKS BE TO GOD!
Very cool. Mark! Prayers continue!

Ed
God has blessed you both ,may he continue to do so
Praise God ! God is good ALL the time ! smile
Indeed he IS! A wonderful and unexpected blessing.
I am so glad you got some good news Mark!
Wonderful news, wishing you both the best!
Fantastic news Mark. I've been praying for you in my morning & evening prayers and each time I think of you.
Excellent news Mark!!!
MORE good news! Sherri just got her IV out, as well. Only one more attachment to remove in the AM, then we are OUTTA here!

She had her first food (Jello and broth) several hours ago and it stayed down and is moving through the systems as designed. This is a huge step and victory. Just that little bit of food plus a shower made her feel 1000% better. She is smiling and laughing again, and my heart is glad. Nurses are arrainging her bed area to accomodate the two of us shortly.
Great news...
Great news! Give her a kiss from this curmudgeon. Bless both of you!
Muy bueno mi amigo. Felicidades!
Glad to hear the news, Mark. Prayers will continue for Sherri's forward progress, and good news for your problems.

Mark
That's great new Mark! Give her an extra smooch from all of us. smile

JD338
Great news,
Great news Mark. Thanks for sharing. We will keep the prayers coming for continued good news for both of you.

Dave
Late to the party as always... but good news none the less...

but will NOT slow down on the prayers for you guys....

here's to you two staying healthy and have no need to go back to CTCA...
More good news, Sherri's Cath tube came out early this AM, so this means ZERO tubes or lines holder her back! Watch out world! She is eating another jello and juice meal right now, did great with the last one so by lunch they may allow her to try something a little bit more substantial, but the really good stuff like pizza and hamburgers are still to come in another day or so. She is talking again about making a trip to Milwaulkie in a coule of days so that we can see the HArley Museum and Factory, and check out some of the great eats there as a way of celebrating.

Blessings abundant!

MARK
Happy to hear this. Prayer does work.
Amen!
Great news indeed.
Absolutely wonderful news!
© 24hourcampfire