Home
My lovely wife just text me this:

You ever get another dog I'm going to shoot you!
(then this)
They absolutely are driving me CRAZY!

(then i sent her an android angel thingy)

(this was her reply)
don't provoke me

So what recommendations do you guys have.....?

Talk to ScottF about adopting his dog.
Sounds like you may have a problem--hope it blows over. laugh
Originally Posted by PAMac

get a bobcat, lynx or ocelot.

..try to get home on time, ask what she needs from the store.

Then drop it off at 65mph as you zoooom by, and dont go home til the cloud lifts or shes asleep.
Mount her after establishing eye contact to assert your dominance.
Hahahahaha

Wouldnt that be more dog activity Teal?

Im pretty sure humping her leg will not resolve this.
Originally Posted by teal

...and just before going to the hospital. eek grin

Ed

The pimp-hand is strong with you.

laugh
Get a lawyer, and file for divorce NOW. It is only going to get worse. If it is not the dog, it will be something else later. I wasted ten of the best years of my life thinking it would get better, and it didn't. It started with the dog, BTW. Trust me.
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Get a lawyer, and file for divorce NOW. It is only going to get worse. If it is not the dog, it will be something else later. I wasted ten of the best years of my life thinking it would get better, and it didn't. It started with the dog, BTW. Trust me.

+ 1000 A woman that doesn't like dogs is bad news.

IBTDT

Don't let that stop you from establishing dominance though.

Get it while you can. wink
Come home late wreaking of booze.
She plainly said "another dog"
OK, get two
Sounds like she's having a rough day and the dogs are adding to her stress. I'd say come home with some flowers and be understanding.

I can't believe anyone is saying get a lawyer and plan for divorce, but then again this forum is famous for people jumping to conclusions and making judgements based on little information and lack of specifics in a situation.
In fairness, how many dogs we talkin' here?

Anybody that doesn't love dogs is bad news!!

kd
I used to have a wife like that, now she's gone. Me and the dogs are doing just fine.
how many dogs have you brought home without talking to her about it? smile
Originally Posted by tucsonan
Who said anything about being fair? How many years of misery are you willing to burn in the interest of fairness? Like it or not, it WILL go downhill from here.BTDT
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Sounds like she's having a rough day and the dogs are adding to her stress. I'd say come home with some flowers and be understanding.

I can't believe anyone is saying get a lawyer and plan for divorce, but then again this forum is famous for people jumping to conclusions and making judgements based on little information and lack of specifics in a situation.

I did not give that advice...
Judging from your reponse, maybe a quick temper or lack of conflict resolution skills may have added to your relationship's demise.
I gaurantee if you kiss her azz now, you will need to do it again, and again, until eventually, you will either NOT be the man you are now and will stay, or you will leave when the demands get too extreme. Hopefully your judgement will remain intact through the process.

Knee jerk reaction here, tell her to back off, or you'll bring home a dog, a cat, a pony, and a snake. Establishing dominance imperative.

2-109# staffordshire terrier and 12# yorkie ......

It's sort of a catch 22 guys...... You see, she was making sure the reservations for my car rental we're still on so I could go down to the hog hunt in Tennessee and visit the guys, but the dogs were barking the whole time she was on the phone with Avis..... eek
I doubt it. I have been married to a wonderful woman for 18 years, and we have always had at least one dog. Our current dog is a 96 pound male German Shepard that lives with us and thinks the sun rises and sets on my wife.
That doesn't sound too bad. Reason I ask, if someone's not a dog-person, more than a few can accelerate the trip to your last nerve. Although the threat of firearms does sound a little beyond the norm

And sex after conflict resolution is best wink

Yeah, but what about the wife?
Make arrangements to board the dogs, pay for her to visit her parents, go on the hunt.
She will be away from the dogs, will soon get tired of her parents, and you can have a peaceful Hog hunt,
In the meantime, don't leave any weapons unsecured. grin
Proper vetting is required to prevent such problems!!!!!Until menopause kicks in. Then all bets are off.... crazy
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
how many dogs have you brought home without talking to her about it? smile

The staffordshire....... smile

And she did the same with the yorkie.....

Another question. Do you want to keep her?
If all else Fails....trow her down on the floor and [bleep] the chit out of her. Always worked for me.
Originally Posted by boatme99

Yeah, but what about the wife?

Pee on her leg.

2-109# staffordshire terrier and 12# yorkie ......

It's sort of a catch 22 guys...... You see, she was making sure the reservations for my car rental we're still on so I could go down to the hog hunt in Tennessee and visit the guys, but the dogs were barking the whole time she was on the phone with Avis..... eek

Is this the first occurance?
Hell it would have taken a Mr. Science to just put the dogs outside.
No there is more going on here.
You could just get rid of her and get two more dogs and be money ahead.
Then just rent her replacement a couple days a week and still be ahead.

u

And sex after conflict resolution is best wink

Until it progresses to eternal conflict in order to prevent sex. frown
Originally Posted by 1minute

of course she makes me sammich's....... smile

First off, find out what about the dogs are bothering her. Then ask yourself if she is reasonable in her aggravation. If she is being reasonable, ask yourself why you are not, and take measures to correct the situation. If she is being unreasonable, ask yourself why she is not and try to find out what you can do to correct the situation.

I need more detailed information to judge who is being unreasonable.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
If she is being unreasonable

Take her to a good Obedience training class.

PS you can make two Sammiches in two minutes if this continues you'll spend more time than that a day with her bitching.
I had put dogs on the back burner for years (used to have running hounds and tree hounds). As retirement loomed I was looking at getting a retriever. Wife saw me looking at some breeder material, said, "What's this? You're not getting a dog. I won't have it."

Fast forward a couple of years. One morning the (new) wife says, "Get up, Honey. Today's the day we go get your puppy."

Originally Posted by Tracks
Make arrangements to board the dogs, pay for her to visit her parents, go on the hunt.
She will be away from the dogs, will soon get tired of her parents, and you can have a peaceful Hog hunt,
In the meantime, don't leave any weapons unsecured. grin

Sounds like some pure solid wisdom there!!!! wink

if you had to choose, I bet that dog can't make a sandwich worth a damn
Be sure to tell her obama ate his dog.

This^ LOL
Originally Posted by KFWA

if you had to choose, I bet that dog can't make a sandwich worth a damn

No but you could always find another woman that could do everything better and not bitch about it. Plus being younger and better looking. Life is too short if this isn't a fixable problem with the only consessions being made on the male part.
Originally Posted by 4ager
Talk to ScottF about adopting his dog.

Cross-thread humor. +1
Guys ,
She's a good wife....... Mebbe she's just getting stressed so we can play make up?

I can't for sure say that i really don't deserve to be shot...... laugh

She has for the most part had dinner on the table when I am supposed to be home and don't complain when im not..... And she's put forth much effort into the raising of our wonderful children
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

No but you could always find another woman that could do everything better and not bitch about it. Plus being younger and better looking. Life is too short if this isn't a fixable problem with the only consessions being made on the male part.

Much easier said than done. The more women I meet, the more I love my wife.

I'd venture to say throw backs outnumber keepers 10 to 1, at best.
GTFO....yesterday.
LOL! Don't look like you need any help from me, yer gettin' plenty of good advice.
Lock all 3 outside in the cold for a coupla hours. Unlock door and see which is/are glad to see ya!!!! laffin....
Guys ,
She's a good wife....... Mebbe she's just getting stressed so we can play make up?

She has for the most part had dinner on the table when I am supposed to be home and don't complain when im not..... And she's put forth much effort into the raising of our wonderful children

Then fix the problem. She is more important than any dog. Make sure she knows that. She just feels taken advantage of. Make her happy and you will be happy too. Don't listen to the Neanderthals, a good marriage is too people working together for the betterment of both.
Guys ,

Then fix the problem. She is more important than any dog. Make sure she knows that. She just feels taken advantage of. Make her happy and you will be happy too. Don't listen to the Neanderthals, a good marriage is too people working together for the betterment of both.

LOL see what she says when you get home tonight and agree and tell her you've found a home for her Yorkie already!

(then this)

(this was her reply)
don't provoke me

Get a cougar , 2 or 4 legged

Mike
He who cares the least wins. Walk in the door act like nothing happened ask when supper is going to be ready if she gives you lip tell her get in the car and take her out if she refuses leave her there and you go eat. You be the man DO NOT let her rule the roost. Marriage is a 100/100 Proposition she has to give and so do you BUT you are the man of the house let her know straight up. Remember she might have had a bad day and you are the one she has to take it out on also. He who cares the least wins always works. Just don't take it to far LOL.
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Guys ,

LOL see what she says when you get home tonight and agree and tell her you've found a home for her Yorkie already!

Send it COD to Isaac, he loves Yorkies....................
Fecicious taboo........

blush

I just hope dinner isn't two week old meatloaf...... eek

well if it is..... Les's sis and Dad are coming over for it too...

Thank for the advice fellow gents!
Nope ......ribs.....beef n noodles and euchre...... Dogs are in back room......wife is happy....... I gave her a stern look and a carnation .....

Thanks guys!!!!!! The campfire's advice has saved my day again!!!!!
wake me up early be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.

(then this)

(this was her reply)
don't provoke me

Grab a carton of cans, slip around to a mates place and get him to fire up the BBQ and sit around drinking and shooting the breeze until four in the morning...then wander on home and go to bed.

A few things you will have achieved by doing this, you will have had a feed (which you won't be getting at home), you will have had some good conversation, you will have forgotten all about the pissy mood your wife is in, and if you roll up at home as drunk as a monkey and reeking of grog there is a pretty good chance your wife will forget about the cranky dog text as well.

This is how Australians handle marital strife.

ps, and if she sends you a text about the state you were in...repeat process!
Oh, I forgot to add that there are two possible outcomes to this system.

1. the wife works out that she is the problem and pulls her head in and all returns to normal.

2. you turn into a drunk and don't care.
Guys ,

See? It ain't even really an issue until or unless she throws down an ultimatum...

...then I'm sure you'll miss her. smile
© 24hourcampfire