Home
Greetings from the Cancer Center in Zion Illinois

Well, we were all pretty excited when Sherri was able to come off of her stomach pump and IV and other tubes. Since that time, however, Sherri has not been able to keep much food down, tossing back up most things, and suffering from HORRIBLE (Rolled up into a fetal position and crying out for long periods of time) cramps in her stomach and abdominal region. With me once again feeling pretty helpless. She is losing weight too fast, and is dehydrated which may now be contributing to the cramps so they are going to try to find a useable vein and have her re started on a new IV right away. If getting her hydrated does not enable her to eat, her surgeon just told us they may put her onto a feeding tube. We sure do not like the sound or idea of THAT, but if it must be, then we are resolved to do whatever it takes. Please ppray with me that the IV and meds given by that method can prevent that and that she can start eating and processing/digesting foods real soon. Today marks 7 days of dealing with acute Ileus, worse today than some other days. The Surgeon also ordered some testing and visits from the G.I. department to try and get to the bottom of all of this. Also, 9 days in this hospital room for the both of us. Wearying, but I am SO glad to be here for her and be able to demonstrate and exemplify my love and passion and value for her in a real way.

Prayers appreciated,

MARK
Mark,stay strong they will get it figured out.

Prayers sent.
Mark praying for the two of you. I know I feel so helpless when my wife is sick, and she has never been as such as Sherri.
Still praying here, Mark.

Ed
pm sent.
More Prayers on the way.
Praying here too....
More prayers on the way....
Done Sir
The Nurse is trying to get a newborn infant sized IV needle, and so far we have had one busted vein already.... Part of this challenge is because Sherri is naturally quite petite, but partly because of the dehydration.

They may have to do a PIC line right into her thoracic cavity.
Been on the feeding tube myself. Not bad once its in, but getting it down is not pleasent. Also had an intestinal crimp (as in bent into a kink) that had me in 3-days of all kinds of gut pain. A solid 9.5 on the pain-o-meter and almost passout time! So, been there done all that and I can relate. Ya'll have my prayers. He is hearing all about it.

My faith leads me to share (for I believe and have seen) that The tongue holds the power of life and death and he that loves it will eat its fruit. Speak life and health to and about her. It is the word.

I had a pic in me for 6 weeks and it was the best thing they could have done. That stopped all the hunting for veins. 5 nurses tried to find a vein one night before they gave up. Next morning put in a pic.

Prayers on the way.

Thank you everyone, once again, for prayers and kind words. They finally sent up a 65 year old gal from the ICU/Surgery dept. who has been getting IV lines to work for FORTY-FOUR YEARS and on her second try we hit the mark! The younger nurses are not giving her the fluid bag hook up and some medicines that they could not give her without an IV to put them through.

We need Sherri to get hydrated, keep some food down, and get some strength back now.

More prayers sent. E
More prayers!
More prayers sent.
Hang in there.
Well hope everything works out for you and your wife

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint
Mark you and Sherri are in my continued prayers. I know that is no fun at all, Amigo.
Prays sent. I've been praying every day for you both.
Lordy, Lordy Mark, renewed and fervent prayers offered for both of you.
Thanks, Terry and of course all the others who others who are praying. .

Sherri IS feeling better since started back on the IV stuff. I was able to escape from here long enough to go get some clean clothes out of our nearby residency room, been in the same ones for too long! This was supposed to be a 1-2 day deal here! Not 9 or more.... sick

There are, again, signs of improvement, always hope. And we know this won't last forever, just too long for our tastes! crazy
SafariMan,......Know that there's a fair bit of reverential and focused prayer, and invocation radiating skyward this evening, from S.E. Az.
....for strength,and fine healing.

GTC
Damn Mark---I really do hope all of this works out for both Sherri and yourself. Breath when you can!

Hang in there bud and Godspeed.

David
I will continue to pray Mark.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!
Prayers here for both of you. Hang in there!
God's peace and healing.
And we have some GOOD news now! The IV fluids with Pottasium and Glucose have stopped the awful cramps almost completely! Just an occasional modest 'wake up' stomach cramp now that goes away quickly. And, she has kept down an Ensure drink with some Jello for over an hour! This caused the charge nurse RN to do another ultrasound on Sherri's clockwork and declare it MUCH improved. We are thanking and Praising God for another big step in the right direction here! The pain and contractions etc of the day caused my sweetie to be quite over exhausted, and me to a lesser extent. Right now she is sleeping like an angel and the sounds of her sleeping are bringing me great joy. In a few minutes I will go slip under the covers of her hospital bed with her and snuggle up to sleep as well. Happy and relieved in knowing that she is SO much better and on the mend again.

Wow, what a day and week this has been!

Blessings abundant to ya'll,

MARK
Great news! God bless you both!
Great news!
I'll be praying hard and heavy for you and Sherri. Keep the faith.

Jim
Sorry to hear the bad news. Still hoping for all the best.
She is much better tonight. Thanks out to all of you for the prayers and kind words.
Mark, thanks for the news of anwered prayer - supplication is ongoing.
Prayers sent for all involved
Prayers sent.
Mark,

Sorry I'm so late catching up with the news. I am glad to hear she is doing better. Continued prayers coming your way. All I know to say is hang in there.
Prayers sent, stay strong Mark.
Good to hear. I'll continue to pray.
Prayers sent from N.C. for both of you.
Supported from Oregon.
I've been following from the background and happy to hear things seem to be resolving. I was hoping it's a matter of getting all systems back on line and in sync, I know that belly pain. Prayers continue.
Mark,

The fact that Sherri seems to be doing better is great news. I have not and will not stop praying for her to beat this problem. You are doing a good thing just being there and helping her thru this. Keep the faith, you can do anything.

Dave
Thanks to all of you, most sincerely! For holding us up in prayer and for the kind words and well wishes.

It is 6:45 AM here, and much improvement was made through the night! It seems as though the systems that had been largely shut down for 10 days are not only back on line, but operating in overdrive as Sherri was up (and thusly I as well sharing the bed with her) quite a few times through the night to answer the calls of nature. I never thought I would be SO happy to have interupted sleep all night! The Doc's have her still on an IV to keep her hydrated, but want her to eat as much low fiber food as she can stand today and see how things go.

The cramps have gone almost completely away and we are SO praising God for this! My angel is sleeping away, backlit by the sun rising through the treetops here in Zion Illinois and is such a beautiful sight to me right now.

Mary, the main Surgical/Oncological Team DR. is supposed to drop by any minute and we are anxious to give her all of this good news. She has really taken a liking to Sherri (almmost everyone does when they meet her) and has been giving her lots of little pats and hugs when she comes by the room. And, she comes by the room MUCH more often than I have ever seen a DR, and especially an oncological surgeon at a VERY busy oncology only hospital, ever before.

This Cancer Treatment Center of America place is wonderfully amazing and so far above what we have come to expect as normal care and behaviour that IMO no other place can be compared to it or spoken of in the same sentence. I am looking forward to posting all of my photos and writing up a short story or report here of the whole place.

We are again very hopeful and rejoicing. Blessings to each of you once again, and I will post another report and update when I have one to give.

VERY sincerely,

Mark/Safariman
Very good news this morning Mark!

Thanks for the positive update! Tell her to keep up the good work!

~Barry
Originally Posted by safariman
Thanks to all of you, most sincerely! For holding us up in prayer and for the kind words and well wishes.

It is 6:45 AM here, and much improvement was made through the night! It seems as though the systems that had been largely shut down for 10 days are not only back on line, but operating in overdrive as Sherri was up (and thusly I as well sharing the bed with her) quite a few times through the night to answer the calls of nature. I never thought I would be SO happy to have interupted sleep all night! The Doc's have her still on an IV to keep her hydrated, but want her to eat as much low fiber food as she can stand today and see how things go.

The cramps have gone almost completely away and we are SO praising God for this! My angel is sleeping away, backlit by the sun rising through the treetops here in Zion Illinois and is such a beautiful sight to me right now.

Mary, the main Surgical/Oncological Team DR. is supposed to drop by any minute and we are anxious to give her all of this good news. She has really taken a liking to Sherri (almmost everyone does when they meet her) and has been giving her lots of little pats and hugs when she comes by the room. And, she comes by the room MUCH more often than I have ever seen a DR, and especially an oncological surgeon at a VERY busy oncology only hospital, ever before.

This Cancer Treatment Center of America place is wonderfully amazing and so far above what we have come to expect as normal care and behaviour that IMO no other place can be compared to it or spoken of in the same sentence. I am looking forward to posting all of my photos and writing up a short story or report here of the whole place.

We are again very hopeful and rejoicing. Blessings to each of you once again, and I will post another report and update when I have one to give.

VERY sincerely,

Mark/Safariman

Thanks for the great news, Mark. You have GREAT resolve to go through this. To say NOTHING of the ordeal endured by your wife. I really question my own strength faced with the same scenario. Our best to you and your wife.

Regards,
Steve and Nancy
glad to hear the good news. will pray for her continued improvement.

keith
That's good news

Psalm 116:12-19
Prayers sent.
We just saw the DR/Surgeon and she is VERY pleased with the rapid turnaround. Pending some blood and waste products testing, we might FINALLY get outta this joint tonight or in the morning! We would only be released to the integral guest quarters next door, but this would be a very welcome change after so many days in a row in this hospital room. We could walk over here several times each day for more testing and to eat in the hospital cafeteria.

Hope is bright once again, and Sherri is absolutely radiant this morning. I took some photos of her and of her getting hugged by Dr Mary. I will try to post them with the others when I get home to my downloading stuff.

We are SO grateful for our friends here and the prayer support offered.

Mark
Great news !

Glad to hear the good news this morning!
That IS good news, Mark!

Prayers continue...

Ed
Great news Mark!
More prayers sent.
Seems right.

© 24hourcampfire