Home
Posted By: Sharpsman A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Our 'esteemed' ex Governor, Edwin Edwards who recently was released from a federal prison has announced that he will run for the US Congress. Current Louisiana state law does not permit a convicted felon for running for office within the state HOWEVER....FEDERAL LAW does not interfere with a felon that wishes to run for a congressional seat!

Speaks a lot....to the real 'ethical' nature of our US Congress!!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Birds of a feather..................crazy

Gunner
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Originally Posted by RMulhern
Our 'esteemed' ex Governor, Edwin Edwards who recently was released from a federal prison has announced that he will run for the US Congress. Current Louisiana state law does not permit a convicted felon for running for office within the state HOWEVER....FEDERAL LAW does not interfere with a felon that wishes to run for a congressional seat!

Lots of folks are really hitting on Connecticut getting what they deserve...I guess you'll just have to sit back and see if you deserve him.
Posted By: boomtube Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
If Edwards runs as a Democrat it will be a resume enhancer.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Not trying to be a smartass but, this is surprising?

The people that want to go into politics are the lowest, most self centered, self serving, evil, scum sucking pieces of sh*t (see note below) that walk the face of the Earth. They are consumate liars from the word go with absolutely no ethical or moral restrictions whatsoever.

They are the very definition of Evil.

(Note - every time I compare a politician to a scum sucking piece of sh*t I have to apologize to the honest and decent scum sucking pieces of sh*t for the grave insult of comparing them with politicians.)
Posted By: Bigbuck215 Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
"A Felon for Congress!"

HA! So what's new?? whistle
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
It'll say a lot more about LA if he's elected. wink
Posted By: watch4bear Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
The people that want to go into politics are the lowest, most self centered, self serving, evil, scum sucking pieces of sh*t (see note below) that walk the face of the Earth. They are consumate liars from the word go with absolutely no ethical or moral restrictions whatsoever.

If you want to change that; maybe you should run for office?
Posted By: W7ACT Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
So what's so new about that? Didn't Louisiana just have a Congressman convicted for laundering money by keeping stored in his freezer?
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Originally Posted by W7ACT
So what's so new about that? Didn't Louisiana just have a Congressman convicted for laundering money by keeping stored in his freezer?
Dolla Bill Jefferson. Currently at home in the Fed Slam in Beaumont, Texas.
Posted By: grouseman Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
He's just coming in with the credentials others earn while there.
Posted By: JPro Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
He's also 86 dang years old! Who in their right mind would vote for him?
Posted By: GunGeek Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
I'd rather tell people I was a drug dealer than a member of Congress. If the people are willing to elect a felon, then they'll get what they deserve.
Posted By: wdenike Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Originally Posted by grouseman
He's just coming in with the credentials others earn while there.

ROFLMAO!!!! I guess sorta the politicians equivalent to a head start program????

Take care, Willie
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
I thought it was a prerequisite.
Posted By: 1minute Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Sadly, we don't seem to expect much in the way of ethics in the political field anymore.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
I don't think folks ever have. It's just not something that tends to dawn on people until they've been around a while. Just google Mark Twain's and Will Rogers' quotes about Congress.

The only reason they call the world's supposedly oldest profession "prostitutes" was that the word "politician" was already taken... wink
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Originally Posted by JPro
Who in their right mind would vote for him?

It's Louisiana voters, that doesn't apply!!
Posted By: watch4bear Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
I don't think folks ever have.

here's a nice organization that works on those nasty republicans

http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/legal-filings
Posted By: 1minute Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
I don't think folks ever have. It's just not something that tends to dawn on people until they've been around a while.

Yes. Several years ago we had an Oregon Republican Representitive that had fabricated a service record, was ducking business taxes, and insisted he was not married to his lady friend so she could continue collecting widow's benefits. Those were the things we knew about. Our local party powers supported him to the bitter end because he would vote right.

Then we have great examples like Marion Barry that continue to be reelected.

Some things are just not worth the price.
Posted By: las Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Close the gyms, cafeteria, cancel the perks and salaries, throw up a concertina wire perimeter with guards around the US capitol legislative and executive areas, give 'em 3 squares a day and a TV.

Now that is congressional retirement package I could approve!

Posted By: las Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
IIRC, NoDak once had a governor who had previously served time.
He will fit in just fine!

If you think about a little while it actually looks good. If we elect an honest man and he gets to Washington he will be come a felon with in his/her 1st term just to survive and see reelection. With this clown you know he is a convict before he arrive so you know exactly what you are getting before you elect him. Nice!
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Originally Posted by watch4bear

If you want to change that; maybe you should run for office?

Hmmm...my hypocracy only goes so far!!
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: A Felon for Congress! - 03/18/14
Originally Posted by RMulhern

I suspect more than just a handful of our reps in D.C. are just not convicted felons.
© 24hourcampfire