Home
I have been trying to find a copy of this book for some time. I read my dad's copy when I was a kid and wanted to get a copy of my own. Its been out of print for some time and no eBook version was available to my knowledge.

Found it on this archive site this morning:

Archive.org "Hell I Was There" Page

The ePub version opened just fine for me. Downloading the PDF of it now, but be warned, it is very large ~350MB.

I do not think that this is infringing upon the Keith family's rights in any way. If someone knows that it is, let me know and I will delete this post.
another hard to find one, though not free is 'Months of the Sun' by Ian Nychens.....used copies usually sell for north of $500 but you can down load it for the kindle for $20.....very good book on elephant hunting few get to read because of the cost....i lucked out in that a member here loaned me a copy to read before i had found the ebook version....

http://www.amazon.com/Months-Sun-El...mp;sr=8-2&keywords=months+in+the+sun
He!! I Was There is a heck of a read. Elmer lived a remarkable life. Many people who sustain those severe of burns die even with our medical advances now much less go on to live a fully productive life.
Does anyone know where I can find a PDF download for this book? Thanks, Greg
Originally Posted by Stush
I have been trying to find a copy of this book for some time. I read my dad's copy when I was a kid and wanted to get a copy of my own. Its been out of print for some time and no eBook version was available to my knowledge.

Found it on this archive site this morning:

Archive.org "Hell I Was There" Page

The ePub version opened just fine for me. Downloading the PDF of it now, but be warned, it is very large ~350MB.

I do not think that this is infringing upon the Keith family's rights in any way. If someone knows that it is, let me know and I will delete this post.

Elmer left us sometime ago.

It should be in the public domain now.
Archive.org "Hell I Was There" Page is no longer an active link. It states the item is not available due to issues with the item's content.
Censorship from archive.org? What's next, Huckleberry Finn?
© 24hourcampfire