Home
Back during my Feb March trip to the Cancer Center for Sherri, I stopped in at a small gun shop next to the center to inquire about the new concealed carry laws just passed. That shop pulled out what was OSTENSIBLY an official publication with information on the law, but as it turns out that map and bit of information was most likely way off base. I have e-mailed Concealed Carry USA to get clarity and will call that gun shop in the AM to find out whose map they are using. It is likely that if they led me astray, others could be endagering thier freedoms by listening to this shop owner and giving more credence to his reciprocity map than is due. As an aside, Getting a firearm, especially a handgun, is a little bit of a hassle going through Chicago/O Hare AP, but not as bad as I feared. And not as bad as they time I flew through JFK with my Africa bound firearms a few years ago.

Declaring at the luggage counter that I was travelling with an unloaded and locked up handgun in my suitcase merely brought out a form for me to sign that the firearm was unloaded, and an airport security officer had to carry my suitcase over to the TSA inspection depot but the airport security guy said that they are already much more accustomed to seeing guns coming through now, and that mine was the sixth handgun he had proccessed through that day, VS more often in the past entire weeks or months going by without seeing a gun go through. Very intriguing information there, IMO. Refreshing to be sure was the TSA guy acted like he knows this was all one big, pointless excercise and was proffessonal and civil enough. It may have helped a bit (or may not have) that I had taped copies of my C&R FFL to one side of my hard pistol case and a page with photocopies of my DL license and copies my four different CCW permit or licenses taped to the other side with the photocopy of my drivers license. Now, none of this is TECHNICALLY needed or required, but it is my thought that identifying onesself as a upstanding citizen and one who is trying to be sensitive and aware of firearms laws helps a cause to at least some degree cannot hurt.

Took the inexpensive 380 this time as a test run, might pack the big ten next time around now that I have less fear of it getting confiscated at the airport, even temporarily.

Checking more carefully about concealed carry reciprocity, I will report back if I find anything out that is useful or different than what is now believed to be the case by most.
Originally Posted by safariman
Getting a firearm, especially a handgun, is a little bit of a hassle going through Chicago/O Hare AP, but not as bad as I feared. And not as bad as they time I flew through JFK with my Africa bound firearms a few years ago.

Declaring at the luggage counter that I was travelling with an unloaded and locked up handgun in my suitcase merely brought out a form for me to sign that the firearm was unloaded, and an airport security officer had to carry my suitcase over to the TSA inspection depot but the airport security guy siad that they are already much more accustomed to seeing guns coming through now, and that mine was the sixth handgun he had proccessed through. Refreshing to be sure. The TSA guy acted like he know this was all one big, pointless excercise and was proffessonal and civil enough. It may have helped a bit that I had taped copies of my C&R FFL to one side of my hard pistol case and a page with photocopies of my DL license and copies my four different CCW permit or licenses taped to the other side with the photocopy of my drivers license. Now, none of this is TECHNICALLY needed or required, but it is my thought that identifying onesself as a upstanding citizen and one who is aware of firearms laws to at least some degree cannot hurt.

Anyways, it sure was a nice feeling to not be running around Northern Illinois, Chicago and Milwaulkie WI unarmed.

Took the inexpensive 380 this time as a test run, might pack the big ten next time around now that I have less fear of it getting confiscated, even temporarily.

TFF
It may have helped a bit that I had taped copies of my C&R FFL to one side of my hard pistol case and a page with photocopies of my DL license and copies my four different CCW permit or licenses taped to the other side with the photocopy of my drivers license.

Just curious, but why would an FFL or CCW help with airport checking of a firarm?
A note saying he has CMPH would have been just as effective.
CMPH?
Chronic My Puzzy Hurts

Anyways, it sure was a nice feeling to not be running around Northern Illinois, Chicago and Milwaulkie WI unarmed.

TFF.........

Illinois has no reciprocity with any state so you cannot legally carry there, period, & if you are stopped for any reason & have it in your vehicle, even if locked in a case, you will surely get a schitload of grief.

Additionally, the C&R FFL gives you no rights or protection concerning a modern handgun, either.

Wisconsin has some reciprocity, but not with Oregon.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

TFF.........

Illinois has no reciprocity with any state so you cannot legally carry there, period, & if you are stopped for any reason & have it in your vehicle, even if locked in a case, you will surely get a schitload of grief.

Additionally, the C&R FFL gives you no rights or protection concerning a modern handgun, either.

Wisconsin has some reciprocity, but not with Oregon.

MM

C'mon, now. He's an upstanding citizen who is aware of firearms laws, at least to some degree. That's gotta count for something, right?..
Really?????????? Wonderin' if she's even that smart.

Laughin' here. laugh

MM
Yep, I go to Illinois a lot and they don't recognize anyone, the OP is full of sh*t, as usual.
Everything the dumbazz touches is a train-wreck. I'm sure the next chapter in the saga will be to either tell us he was mistaken and didn't mean to type Illinois, or that he jumped through the nearly impossible hoops to obtain an Illinois non-resident permit.

And having said that, I'd probably carry a gun and take my chances, but I sure as hell wouldn't go online and brag about it, but some people just can't seem to help themselves.

Originally Posted by mirage243
Yep, I go to Illinois a lot and they don't recognize anyone, the OP is full of sh*t, as usual.

I believe non resident vehicle carry is legal if you are legal to carry in your home state.
My understanding of Illinois law is that the vehicle cannot have the weapon and the ammo where you can get to both. When I get to the Kentucky line I pull over and put my ammo and magazines in the toolbox of my truck.
BULLSHHIT
Under current law, as written, those who are permitted to carry in their home state are allowed to carry inside their automobile or RV in the state of Illinois.

If they should open the car door and set foot upon the ground with a loaded or concealed weapon they are in violation.

This is, I believe, a new twist on things for Illinois. I gotta believe that most police jurisdictions will still arrest, and it will be interesting to see how this plays out in court.
Handgunlaw.US recommends that no one who does not possess a valid Illinois permit carry in Illinois, in vehicle or out.

It is also interesting that Illinois' SC has ruled that Illinois law that banned weapons carry to be ab initio unconstitutional. Wonder what will happen to all of the old convictions???
Originally Posted by johnw
Under current law, as written, those who are permitted to carry in their home state are allowed to carry inside their automobile or RV in the state of Illinois.

If they should open the car door and set foot upon the ground with a loaded or concealed weapon they are in violation.

This is, I believe, a new twist on things for Illinois. I gotta believe that most police jurisdictions will still arrest, and it will be interesting to see how this plays out in court.

Handgunlaw.US recommends that no one who does not possess a valid Illinois permit carry in Illinois, in vehicle or out.

It is also interesting that Illinois' SC has ruled that Illinois law that banned weapons carry to be ab initio unconstitutional. Wonder what will happen to all of the old convictions???

May God bless and protect any who choose to be a test case...
The last concealed carry map I saw (at the gun shop in Zion Illinois) showed Illinois being now reciprocal with Utah and Arizona. This was brand new information as of early March this year, and the airport folks verified that they are now seeing lots more handguns in luggage than ever before as a result of this change. That same shop is now offering concealed carry classes for the residents, which according to the shop owner are identical to the Utah Classes, which helps make sense of the reciprocity.
Originally Posted by smokepole
It may have helped a bit that I had taped copies of my C&R FFL to one side of my hard pistol case and a page with photocopies of my DL license and copies my four different CCW permit or licenses taped to the other side with the photocopy of my drivers license.

Just curious, but why would an FFL or CCW help with airport checking of a firarm?

Like I said in the post, such is definately not required. However in my dealings with .gov people, the more documents you have linking you to having some sort of .gov blessings, the less headache you are likely going to run in to and the more likely they are to give credence to your interpretation of the laws. Especially when you speak with eye contact and a firm voice, straight posture, confident look etc. Many of them do not know that much about the rules, and are happy to be compliant with a person who looks to them to be well documented, aware and taking all possible steps to be known as a law abiding person with no ill intent.
The last concealed carry map I saw (at the gun shop in Zion Illinois) showed Illinois being now reciprocal with Utah and Arizona. This was brand new information as of early March this year, and the airport folks verified that they are now seeing lots more handguns in luggage than ever before as a result of this change. That same shop is now offering concealed carry classes for the residents, which according to the shop owner are identical to the Utah Classes, which helps make sense of the reciprocity.

Az reciprocity

A simple google search will save you a lot of trouble. Doesn't seem like Az has any sort of agreement with Illinois.

You have to have an Illanoise permit to carry, seems as though Mark broke the law. Something I would certainly advertise.
The NRA's reciprocity maps.

NRA Reciprocity

Neither Utah nor Arizona are recognized.

MM
My understanding of Illinois law is that the vehicle cannot have the weapon and the ammo where you can get to both.

Yep.

MM
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You have to have an Illanoise permit

You spelled illannoy wrong.
I saw a sign on a gunshop wall once that showed a picture of Elvis shooting JFK..

Lee Harvey was innocent!!!!!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ?

Mike
I packed a .44 mag Superblackhawk all over this country and Canada back in '80.

I didn't really care to be a lawbreaker,....but I didn't care to be et by a bear even more.

Ya pays ya money and ya takes ya chances.
My understanding of Illinois law is that the vehicle cannot have the weapon and the ammo where you can get to both.

Yep.

MM

Nope.

Illinoyance sucks for gun laws I don't think we need to be making up stuff to make it look worse.

All the reading I've done says a non resident can carry in their own vehicles. Can you guys produce a link that says otherwise?

This is what Illinois law says:

Non-residents are allowed to carry concealed in their vehicle provided they have a valid concealed carry permit from the home state. If the vehicle is left unattended the firearm must be left concealed in a locked compartment or the vehicle must be locked.

There is no reciprocity outside the above.

IMO opinion there should be a federal law establishing reciprocity for all states, just like marriage.
Illinois must have changed there laws VERY recently, the law wasn't that way late last year.
From the NRA:

Reciprocity

These states recognize Illinois permits:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin
Illinois recognizes permits from:
None

Map of states recognizing Illinois permits:
Print this mapPRINT MAP

Illinois State Police: http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/
A synopsis of Illinois state laws on purchase, possession and carrying of firearms.

PURCHASE

A buyer is required to show his Firearms Owner�s Identification Card (FOID) when purchasing any firearms or ammunition. Any seller is required to withhold delivery of any handgun for 72 hours, and of any rifle or shotgun for 24 hours, after the buyer and seller reach an agreement to purchase a firearm. The waiting period does not apply to a buyer who is a dealer, law enforcement officer, or a nonresident at a gun show recognized by the Illinois Department of State Police. The seller must retain for 10 years a record of the transfer, including a description of the firearm (including serial number), the identity of the buyer, and the buyer�s FOID number. READ ALL
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOID

Application for a FOID is made to the Illinois State Police, FOID, P. O. Box 19233, Springfield, IL 62794-9233. Application forms can be obtained online at http://www.isp.state.il.us or by calling the Firearm Owners Identification Program at (217) 782-7980. An applicant is entitled to a FOID if he: READ ALL
POSSESSION

It is unlawful to possess any firearm or ammunition without a valid FOID. It is unlawful to possess any rifle having one or more barrels less than 16 inches in length or a shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length or any weapon made from a rifle or shotgun, if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches. It is unlawful for any person under the age of 18 to possess a handgun, or concealable firearm. READ ALL
CARRYING

It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm in any vehicle or concealed on or about the person, except on one�s land or in one�s abode or fixed place of business, without a license. READ ALL
NON-RESIDENTS

A non-resident is permitted to possess a firearm without a FOID if it is unloaded and enclosed in a case, or if the nonresident is:
� Hunting and has a non-resident hunting license, while in an area where hunting is permitted.
� On a target range recognized by the Department of State Police.
� At a gun show recognized by the Department of State Police.
� Currently licensed or registered to possess a firearm in his state of residence.

430 ILCS 65/2
ANTIQUES AND REPLICAS

An antique firearm which �the Department of State Police finds by reason of the date of manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collectors item and is not likely to be used as a weapon� is exempt from the above regulations on purchase.

430 ILCS 65/1.1
MACHINE GUNS

It is unlawful to sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any weapon from which more than one shot may be discharged by a single function of the trigger, including the frame or receiver of any such weapon. It is unlawful to sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any combination of parts designed or intended for use in converting any weapon into a machine gun, or any combination or parts from which a machine gun can be assembled. READ ALL
RANGE PROTECTION

The owner of a shooting range is immune from civil or criminal claims alleging noise, nuisance, trespass or any claim on the basis of sound emissions. READ ALL
MISCELLANEOUS

It is unlawful for a dealer to sell any handgun �having a barrel, slide, frame or receiver which is a die casting of zinc alloy or any other non- homogeneous metal which will melt or deform at a temperature of less than 800 degrees F.�
It is unlawful to alter or obliterate any serial number, maker�s name or other identifying mark on any firearm. Possession of a firearm with an altered or obliterated mark raises a legal presumption that the possessor committed the offense.
Any stolen weapon, if confiscated by police when no longer needed for evidentiary purposes, must be returned to the person entitled to possession, if known.
It is unlawful to possess, manufacture or use any metal piercing, dragon�s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, flechette shell, or explosive bullet.
It is unlawful to possess a silencer.
It is unlawful to possess or store any firearm on land supported in whole or in part with state or federal funds administered through state agencies or in any building on such land without prior written permission from the chief security officer for such land or building. The chief security officer �must grant any reasonable request for permission.�

SOURCES:: 430 Ill. Comp. Stat. � 65/1.1 et seq., 520 Ill. Comp. Stat. � 5/2.33(n); 720 Ill. Comp. Stat. � 5/24-1 et seq., and 720 Ill. Comp. Stat. � 5/21-6.
A .380 ?

....I'd feel "safe" there in a troop of heavily armed, compentent Cavalry, or with an A-10 and a AC130 loitering above.

One man with a cheap .380 Versus CHICAGO, and the Sorry State of ILL.ness don't sound like any battle I'm up for.

GTC

Originally Posted by Bristoe

I didn't really care to be a lawbreaker,....but I didn't care to be et by a bear even more.

whistle

There it is (and was),.....ain't it ?

GTC
I just got off the phone with an IL concealed carry instructor to confirm what others have said. Illinois does not recognize any other state's CCW licenses, and the only non residents who can obtain an IL CCW permit must be resident in Hawaii.
^^^^^ Yup
Why is it always someone else's fault with this guy? He has no personal responsibility. It's alarming, really.

Here...

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Why is it always someone else's fault with this guy? He has no personal responsibility. It's alarming, really.

Here...

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Atleast no bears were shot in the azz on this trip....
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I just got off the phone with an IL concealed carry instructor to confirm what others have said. Illinois does not recognize any other state's CCW licenses, and the only non residents who can obtain an IL CCW permit must be resident in Hawaii.

South Carolina was added to the list on 31 Mar 2014.

Illinois is undergoing a terrific upheaval as a result of a revolution amongst downstate democratic legislators who are sick and tired of chicago ru(i)nning the state.

And it is and will be interesting seeing it all play out. I lost 50 bucks by betting that no IL resident would see any concealed carry permit in 2014.
The state beat their own projected date of first issue by a month, and has been issuing permits regularly since.
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

whistle

GTC

Well, I know guys who carry everywhere. Post offices, national parks, Disneyland. They just keep their mouths shut about it.
Oh gee, hope they never catch me with my canned glock 18
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

whistle

GTC

Well, I know guys who carry everywhere. Post offices, national parks, Disneyland. They just keep their mouths shut about it.

All OVER the place,....all over the PLANET. grin

GTC
Concealed means exactly that.
The Chicago natives would love to find a naive white boy walking around with an uber 10 to take.

Yep, that seems to be the M.O. I'm sure he feels like his and his wife's health problems are the fault of someone else, as well.

I've noticed a pattern: He will make a post such as this, or his three, simultaneous ass-shot, bear hunting threads. But, in between, there will be some kind of "pity party" thread about how he's in financial straits or there's more bad news from the OB/GYN/Oncologist/whatever. Take it to the bank - something seeking approval or sympathy will follow this thread, once it has run its course.

What you need is an Uber permit.
Originally Posted by pinotguy

Yep, that seems to be the M.O. I'm sure he feels like his and his wife's health problems are the fault of someone else, as well.

I've noticed a pattern: He will make a post such as this, or his three, simultaneous ass-shot, bear hunting threads. But, in between, there will be some kind of "pity party" thread about how he's in financial straits or there's more bad news from the OB/GYN/Oncologist/whatever. Take it to the bank - something seeking approval or sympathy will follow this thread, once it has run its course.

When have I ever suggested my wife's cancer and later much complicated recovery was anyone else's fault? And I mentioned just the other day that as far as anyone knows PKD (My Kidney Disease) is inherited and that having the gene for it is the only way to get it.

I waited untiil the old bear threads were buried deeply in the history of the forum(s) before I have the health update I have so as to not give off the (wrong impression) that I was doging or deflecting that. Quite the contrary. Despite some here disagreeing with how the hunt went down (and for the record I was and am dissapointed by the poor hit made int this case) I am still proud of my bear, my overall experience, and enjoyed a wonderful bear sausage and eggs and hashbrowns lunch prepared for me by my sweetie today after Church. It was AWSOME and brought back a flood of great memories like it almost always does when I eat game taken afield.
Originally Posted by BeanMan
What you need is an Uber permit.

On THAT point (and made by a few others here) you sir are UBER correct! That so called 'permit' was SUPPOSED to have been - and in reality is (though I do not personally have the resources to fight that battle) the 2nd Amendment to the bill of rights in our US Constitution.

Since that is not being honored as it should, our next best hope is National universal reciprocity across state lines. THAT we may easily see in our lifetimes! Such will be a cuase for great rejoicing for me and many others, and would precipitate a dramatic drop in crime accross this great land of ours.

Then there are those who have stated, and rightly so, "concealed is CONCEALED" Need to know basis pistol packing, may be coming more in vogue, just not announced very often.

Even when I am carrying legally in every sense and technically, if you are unknown to me spotting my handgun will in all likihood be the last thing you see here on this earth. I do not show, flash, talk about, let show etc. my firearm when carrying concealed.
I do not show, flash, talk about, let show etc. my firearm when carrying concealed.

No, your stupid azz just plasters it on the 'net (the fact you were carrying illegally, none the less). Gawd, you're a moron!
Originally Posted by wrongway
Oh gee, hope they never catch me with my canned glock 18

and we hope you are wrong....wrongway...
You inquired at a gun store about legal questions? wow. I specifically cover this in my ccw class and also warn against getting advice from the police. Learn the law, the state Attorney General's office is a good start. Good luck w/ your present situation.

mike r
It really is a tragedy to be hung so well that you cannot miss stepping on your pee-pee at every turn.
Anyone got a nice Win M-71 for sale?

I don't care if the gun doesn't match the description either & will pay full asking price & I don't care if it comes through a 3rd party. wink

MM
I'm waiting for a thread that involves an accidentally dead hooker, the mile marker she is buried at in the desert, and a solicitation for legal advice.

Travis
and the only non residents who can obtain an IL CCW permit must be resident in Hawaii.

Is Barry packing? cry miles
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm waiting for a thread that involves an accidentally dead hooker, the mile marker she is buried at in the desert, and a solicitation for legal advice.

Travis

That must be the reason for the four CCW permits.
What kind of neighborhood this hospital in?

You're going to have to step up, maybe.
Originally Posted by 79S
What kind of neighborhood this hospital in?

The kind that only requires five bullets.

Travis
Originally Posted by tjm10025

You're going to have to step up, maybe.

I think it is time for Rick to reinstate my moderator status.

Travis
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Travis

I bet each of those states recognize each other's ccw permit so he probably only needed one
Anyone got a nice Win M-71 for sale?

I don't care if the gun doesn't match the description either & will pay full asking price & I don't care if it comes through a 3rd party. wink

MM

Sounds like a Ruger Charger I once knew frown

Travis

You have the car gassed up and "get rid of dead hooker kit" loaded up in the trunk? SM is counting on you and hey you might get some bear burger out of it...
Originally Posted by 79S

Travis

I bet each of those states recognize each other's ccw permit so he probably only needed one

I just went to the arizona highway patrol website for reprositicity and arizona's no go in ILL, and we have none with the state of washington.
Originally Posted by 79S

You have the car gassed up and "get rid of dead hooker kit" loaded up in the trunk? SM is counting on you and hey you might get some bear burger out of it...

I have 14 miles of 5/8" cable if things get hairy.

Travis
Travis

TFF. Of course, we'd all be schooled on the correct way to accidentally deal death to a hooker.
Originally Posted by 79S

Who doesn't have a shovel and a shower curtain in the trunk?

Funny, with all the talk about the Three S's, hardly anybody is really prepared when the need arises.

Originally Posted by tjm10025

Who doesn't have a shovel and a shower curtain in the trunk?

And an old volvo 240 under a tarp - junk yard title.

You can fit 3, maybe 4 bodies in the boot on that thing.
Would the hookers be uber dead? grin
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

Thinkin they may be azz shot and need follow up.
Originally Posted by SKane

TFF. Of course, we'd all be schooled on the correct way to accidentally deal death to a hooker.

Easily accomplished in 10 steps:

1.) Explain your personal problems to the hooker and how that relates to having no cash.

2.) Attempt a trade.

3.) Do a poor job of bludgeoning.

4.) Call friend for a bludgeoning assist.

5.) Call friend for clean up.

6.) Post on internet.

7.) Receive 10 days of virtual abuse.

8.) Look confused.

9.) Continue being confused.

10.) Repeat.

Travis

1.) Explain your personal problems to the hooker and how that relates to having no cash.

2.) Attempt a trade.

I was told to always attempt to trade biscuits and squirrel gravy.

Anyone refusing this needs to be bludgeoned; most rural sheriff deputies understand that, and most of the time, won't even take paper on the call.
Three words:

Shillelagh.

Travis
I think you meant that for the "weird kid names" thread.

It's spelled She-lay-lay.

The hyphens are silent.

Flave, you kill me man! That is some funny stuff!
It's not my material. I stole it from the OP.

Travis
Here is Wisconsin`s list of States for reciprocity:
http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/conceal-carry/reciprocity
HUNTZ,

Thank you for that. Our outside of the hospital zone trip was to Milwaulkie to see the Harley Davidson Museum and the next door H_D gift shop and restraunt so it looks like I was GTG on this outing afterall as we did not go to Chicago this time. What little time I was armed in ILL, I was in a vehicle in transit with a valid permit from my home state aboard so did not run afoul of the law, but mostly by accident and out of unmitigated ignorance! (and getting advice or intel from an unreliable source)

From the web page you just posted or cited:

"Permit(s) Honored In Wisconsin:
Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virgin Islands, Washington, Wyoming"

I have both the WA and UT permits.

I was OK on this trip, because of where we decided to go, but not by any great wisdom or knowledge on my part! I nearly made a huge error, but sure learned from it!

As to the aforementioned "ten days of merciless internet bashing" that is occurring. No worries there I deserve every post here and I can take it all in stride. I admit freely to REALLY putting my foot in my mouth with this one!

Live and learn (and work toward real freedom going forward)

Thanks,

MARK

Travis

oh chit, someone's hacked your email account Travis? eek
If that were the case, I'd be on the news right now.

Travis
You're on a roll today, Travis..........crackin' me up.

MM
If that were the case, I'd be on the news right now.

Travis

With SM wearing a wife beater showing off those kick ass tats!
OT................

I'm ignorant on concealed carry permits, as it is not required in AK.

How does one acquire a CC permit in a state in which they do not reside?
Originally Posted by ironbender
OT................

You acquire one in your own state (Alaska does have a permit, but it's not required for residents. Once you have a state-issued CHL, there are reciprocity agreement in other states but not all. You can also pick up a Utah CHL as a non-resident which will give you additional states.

Originally Posted by ironbender
OT................

Here in Alabama they won't, but we accept almost every other states.

Travis

Coffeesnot all over my iPad' plugger!!! GFY.
grin
Thanks.

I did the class, qualified at the line, but when it came time to get fingerprinted and submit the P/W, I decided I didn't need to ask permission.

Frank the Bank di the only worthwhile thing of his admin by signing the no-permit CC law. (Introduced by a local state rep, BTW).

2.) Attempt a trade.

3.) Do a poor job of bludgeoning.

4.) Call friend for a bludgeoning assist.

5.) Call friend for clean up.

6.) Post on internet.

7.) Receive 10 days of virtual abuse.

8.) Look confused.

9.) Continue being confused.

10.) Repeat.

Travis

That's too funny!
What about the tat'd up guns? Did you get a permit for those or were they out in the open?
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM

Thinkin they may be azz shot and need follow up.

That would cost a bunch extra. So I've heard.
up
Best to use your cheap stuff on a test run. Besides a 380 is better than nothing or a stick.
I don't think that all this "good citizenship" is a good idea. You don't want to give all your private info to every baggage handler or janitor working at the airport. I suggest that you carry that documentation with you and show it to the TSA guys when they are inspection your firearm.
From the NRA:
It is unlawful to possess or store any firearm on land supported in whole or in part with state or federal funds administered through state agencies or in any building on such land without prior written permission from the chief security officer for such land or building. The chief security officer �must grant any reasonable request for permission.�

You can't bring a firearm onto any public lands for target shooting or hunting?
Bumped for Jim Conrad..........Enjoy.

Jim, heres a link to the "Uberlanche for sale" thread.

Link.
Travis

If you maintain erect posture, use precise diction, and have an authoritative air about you, it's easily done.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Bumped for Jim Conrad..........Enjoy.

Jim, heres a link to the "Uberlanche for sale" thread.

Link.

BWHAHAHAHAHA! The uberlanche.

Oh man that was some funny schit.

For those not aware, anybody that dealt with safaribigtittsonaman also got a free gospel CD. In lieu of what they actually purchased/traded for.

Clark
Anyone know how the dead hooker thingy went? whistle
He got away with it. Just showed a copy of his FFL and numerous. CCWs and was golden.
Originally Posted by smokepole
He got away with it. Just showed a copy of his FFL and numerous. CCWs and was golden.

Taped them on the inside of the trunk.

Clark
I think it was the erect posture and air of authority that sealed the deal though.
So, the hooker was no longer "LNIB"?
Originally Posted by Raeford
So, the hooker was no longer "LNIB"?

It’s a hooker. The Box ain’t been new for many years.
wink
lol I still get a good laugh out of it.. now an update, I heard deflave is now using scented trash bags as part of his get rid of dead hooker kit ie GRODH kit. I think it was ocean breeze scent.. oh and it’s still illegal to Carry conceal in the state of Illinois if you are another state..
This stuff is bringing back the nostalgia of the old Campfire.
Originally Posted by Tarkio
This stuff is bringing back the nostalgia of the old Campfire.

You have to admit, Safariman was good entertainment!
Entertaining to say the least between the Uberlanche, bipods, robbing the elderly , and being a jerk off.....
I find liars and cheats loathsome, not entertaining.
© 24hourcampfire