Home
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/teen-shot-killed-mans-garage-germany-23500791

Not sure how leaving a purse in a garage is "baiting," but it will be interesting to see how shooting at a sound in a garage will play out.
Sounds like a successful reconnaisance by fire.

".......he did not see anyone in the darkened garage and did not communicate with anyone before sweeping the garage with four shotgun blasts........."

It's interesting I think if he had kept his mouth shut when getting a hair cut none of this would be in question. I almost think he was wrong but I don't know all the details. Of course missoula is the liberal epicenter of the state.
Good thing a cop didn't shoot the burglar, or it'd be another bash the police thread here on the freakshow.
Looks like his pals in Hamburg are sad.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/german-soccer-club-mourns-teammate-slain-montana-n95181

From the pic it looks like the kid has some Turkish roots.

Another waste of a young life. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

There's a "back Story" to this one.

dunno' if we'll ever hear it, but gut tells me these two KNEW one another,...or that the previous B&Es were not just about property and standard burglary fare.

Sure as hell, everybody involved was in the wrong place at the right time.

GTC
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Sounds like a successful reconnaisance by fire.

".......he did not see anyone in the darkened garage and did not communicate with anyone before sweeping the garage with four shotgun blasts........."

It does work sometimes don't it?
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

From the pic it looks like the kid has some Turkish roots.

So takin' other folks' stuff came naturally to him.
sounds like a bad deal but the details say he was somewhere on private property he wasn't wanted. no word on violence or trying to break in. I highly doubt someone said "hey look this guy just stepped on my land, I'm gonna pop him."

if there is more to the story then the guy probably knew he shouldn't have been there. sad either way.
Maybe Kaarma's Armenian.
......think about that for a moment.

GTC
Only and idiot fires through a wall without identifying their target. What if it had been his wife, child or relative? Furthermore, it's pretty hard to claim self defense when you can't even see the person threatening your life and they can't see you.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Only and idiot fires through a wall without identifying their target. What if it had been his wife, child or relative? Furthermore, it's pretty hard to claim self defense when you can't even see the person threatening your life and they can't see you.

Just ask the "Blade Runner".

Ernie
homeowner was in the wrong. in multiple ways.
Originally Posted by Stray
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/teen-shot-killed-mans-garage-germany-23500791

Not sure how leaving a purse in a garage is "baiting," but it will be interesting to see how shooting at a sound in a garage will play out.

This will probably lead to repeal of the Castle Doctrine which is fairly new.
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I highly doubt someone said "hey look this guy just stepped on my land, I'm gonna pop him."

Actually that is sorta what the shooter said days before the shooting.

"In addition, a hair stylist told police that during an appointment a few days earlier, Kaarma talked about staying up nights trying to catch a would-be burglar.

�I�m just waiting to shoot some (expletive) kid,� Kaarma allegedly told stylists at the Missoula salon".
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Why? It doesn't look like the castle doctrine applies -- unless he is acquitted. I find that unlikely due to his discussion with the hairdresser. That's shows intent.
more liberal than Bozeman? shudder to think that.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Why? It doesn't look like the castle doctrine applies -- unless he is acquitted. I find that unlikely due to his discussion with the hairdresser. That's shows intent.
If he fully intended to kill the kids, he's in deep trouble. It makes it no longer a case of self defense, and castle doctrine, or pretty much any other laws related to the use of lethal force are gone; he's out there in the wind.

And for what? A few credit cards and cell phones? Worth MAYBE a couple grand at best. Won't even cover the retainer on an attorney, not to mention the wrongful death civil suit. This guy was a first class idiot; and probably a murderer.
I am beginning to think the back story might smell "fishy".
Kaarma and his common law wife? think maybe the kid was after something other than credit cards.
[Linked Image]

Good God, where did she get those spandex pants?

They sure don't flatter her, all the sand has shifted to the bottom!
Originally Posted by GunGeek
If he fully intended to kill the kids, he's in deep trouble. It makes it no longer a case of self defense, and castle doctrine, or pretty much any other laws related to the use of lethal force are gone; he's out there in the wind.

And for what? A few credit cards and cell phones? Worth MAYBE a couple grand at best. Won't even cover the retainer on an attorney, not to mention the wrongful death civil suit. This guy was a first class idiot; and probably a murderer.

I'll bet the sad part is the perp doesn't have a pot to pee in. So the taxpayers are going to pay the bill for a public defender to represent him!
No matter what, he still saved his area money by taking a thief down with him.
The homeowner is an idiot, but who enters a strangers garage to make a phone call.

My neighbors that know me would wonder what I was doing standing in their garage in the middle of the night talking on my cell phone.

There has to be more to this story.
Maybe the dead kid was bangin' the woman of the house. Calling to let her know he was in the garage.
This is all going to be very interesting.

I think the homeowner was just sick and tired of getting robbed. He had been robbed 2x in 3 weeks. He shouldn't have been mouthing off to the hairdresser. And they shouldn't have said they set up a "trap". Personally I understand the frustration with stuff like this. I've been there.
One thing that irks the crap out of me is this continuous minimization of the fact that these two pricks were in his garage, in the dark, at 1230 am. They were stealing crap, no other way around it. It sounds like the dead perp lived just down the street.
I don't care if it was a trap, I don't care he left his garage door open part way. The punk should not have been in there. His stupid friend that ran away should be charged right along with the homeowner. You don't go on people's property, period. Especially in the middle of the night.
He would be alive right now if he just stayed the heck off private property.

And a little side note about the castle doctrine. Just about every county attny in the state went to the legislature asking them not to pass this, the way it was written. They knew it was going to be tested and cause a lot of problems.

The most interesting comments in the missoulian comment section were from German citizens. a few call us a bunch of cowboys living in fear, living in a horrible country, blah blah blah. But there was a couple that live in areas in Germany with these Turkish immigrants. They can't stand them, they said they are all a bunch of thieving bastages, forming gangs, beating people up, breaking into homes, etc. They have really made a name for themselves in Germany. And those couple people said they wished they could have guns to protect themselves. Basically felt the punk was doing the same thing in this country and got what was coming to him.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, both sides are equally guilty of that. You'd think if the homeowner was planning to use lethal force, he would have at least looked up how to legally use it if he didn't all ready know. One would think a fireman should have more common sense, but you can't fix stupid. Play stupid games... win stupid prizes.

The shooter's name? Kaarma - Bad Kaarma
Drahthaar -I agree ..
It was stupid to fire. He's not going to be able to hit the "fear for life" defense, and the castle doctrine is probably not going to apply.
The other factor is whether or not the shooter reported the other thefts to the cops prior.
But the fact that the kid was a Turk (not a German) and the excitement in Germany over all those gastarbeiters puts another kink in the mix. Why was this foreigner skulking around in a garage at Oh Dark anyway? Aren't exchange students supposed to be models of probity?
Exchange students are those whose parents can afford to send them. They're supposed to be well vetted but in places like Turkey, vetting consists of greasing palms.
Originally Posted by derby_dude

At the time the castle doctrine was passed there were a lot of people against it. A Democrat from Missoula has already said she will introduce legislation in the legislature to repeal the castle doctrine. At about the same time as the Missoula incident a man in Billings shot a house guest for mistaken identity. If the Democrats gain the legislature in the next go around the law is gone.
© 24hourcampfire