Home
We had a bad Fourth. Mom fell. She didn't break anything, amazingly, but suddenly her heart has issues. No one knows if the heart caused the fall or the fall caused the a-fibulation that continues to persist.

When she got to the ER her heart was over 200 beats a minute. An ER nurse said that kills most 40 year old's. Mom's 93. This morning while the Doc was in the room, Mom went into a-fib again, but this time she was having a real struggle to get any breath. I say again, because she went in last night when the same Doc was there.

Mom weigh's about 65 pounds, at most. When she moved in with us four years ago, she was about 60 pounds. She's a cancer and stroke survivor, both in the same week six years ago. She also has severe osteoporosis that has left her with a disfiguring and pronounced humped back. It also makes the bones very brittle and easily broke. The ER Doc said she had numerous compression fractures all up and down her spine, which is totally consistent with the disease and her back's shape, but nothing that looked new or from an impact. She first fell about three years ago and didn't break anything, either.

She's in really good spirits.I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen her warmly and genuinely smile at the medical staff, melting their hearts. To know her, is to love her.

So she's decided, this is where she gets off and on to Paradise, the Lord willing. Dad's waited long enough.

Hospice is going to give us a call. I'd appreciate your prayers for faith, courage,and peaceful passage. Thank you.
you have my prayers friend.
Ricky,

You and your Mom certainly have my prayers.

Ed
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
You got it Rick... sure hope good health returns to her, quickly..
Done here.
Prayers for God's will and comfort and strength no matter what.
Ricky, I don't know you or your Mother, but I'll be happy to mention her and your family in my prayers. May God bless her and keep her and give comfort to you and your family in the rough times ahead.

Prayers offered up.
my mom is pushing 98, so I know your concerns ricky. Prayers on the way. Keep us up to date.
Prayers sent RickyD, I hope your heals soon.

Hold her tight my friend Moms are special.
...this one just nailed me, your words about her warm smile characteristic was one that we all knew my Mom for ,....allergies, ...

Prayer, Invocation, and wishes for all the strength one can muster during this, which will be one of your tougher times.

Greg

Prayers said.

Grace to you Ricky,

Carbon copy of my families experience lately... Me mum's 93 too!

It has been very hard on my soul. Nobody wrote a schematic or a handbook on this sort of thing; sometimes I am at a loss.
Done, sir.
Your Mom, yourself, and your family have my prayers. May the Good Lord Bless you all with his love and grace.

Lynn
You got the prayers.

Sounds like a great lady there.
Absolutely!!! On their way.
Prayers sent from Colorado.
Prayers on the way
Thank God no breaks. My mom falls a lot lately, too, which worries me a lot. She takes it in stride, though, which is amazing because she's 81. I prayed for your mom, so please also pray for mine.

PS Sounds like your mom might need a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted.
God's blessings and peace. Amen.
Very sorry to see this. I recently lost my mom of 93. Prayers for His peace my friend.
Prayers sent.
Prayers sent here.
Prayers on the way Ricky. Your mom sounds like a very special lady.

Bob
Will pray for your family, Ricky. My 70 year old mom has been dealing with a similar situation taking care of her 93 year old mom the last few years as her mom's mind and health have been deteriorating. She was "forgetting" to use her walker and falling, but after breaking her ankle and healing up, she's now to the point she can't walk anymore.
Prayers up Pard
Sent from Tn. directly to the throne room by the name of Jesus. Hope you and your family are comforted.
prayers sent!
Prayer Sent..
Prayers on the way
You certainly have my prayers, Ricky.
It's time for bed and nightly prayers out here. I'm asking our Lord to grant faith, courage, and peace for both you and your mom.
I sure will Ricky. Sounds like she is ready.

Jim
Praying, Brother.
"She's in really good spirits.I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen her warmly and genuinely smile at the medical staff, melting their hearts. To know her, is to love her."

Now that's a Mom! She has and will be lifted from my house.

BP...
Thanks to all for the prayers and kind words. I thought she was getting stronger yesterday but in the last few minutes, her breathing has gotten really ragged. They are trying to get someone up to look at that now. She's supposed to have eval's from PT, OT, ST, and cardio today. I have to begin to find a nursing home. Been the kind of busy no one needs. Thanks again. You folks are the best!
Stay strong man.

Hang in there!
Prayers on the way.
Wishing her and your family the best Ricky.
God Bless, prayers
You got them brother.
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Prayers on the way.
And from here - just saw this thread..
Hope your Mom and you get some good news from the docs.
Prayers for Mom!
You have my empathy. We've cared for my mother 6 years. She's also in A-fib (and other things) which is being controlled by meds. But sadder, she suffers from severe dementia, which is very difficult for all. Blessings on you. And prayer.
Done.

Ernie
Done and continuing.
Praying for your mom.
Prayers sent.
Tell her that you love her and what she means to you and thank her for being your mother...do it today,don't wait!

I am so sorry for what you all are going through.

Prayers Sent.

Hope you heart is not so heavy while doing the work of a Son.
Thanks, again, for all the prayers. God's will was done and she's Home with Him, and her husband and my Dad, Vernon. It's what she has wanted for some time.

We doctored with her for five days, but the doctors came to the place where they had done all they could. I got her into a beautiful hospice facility, and she passed peacefully on her first night there. We will miss her greatly, but rejoice in her life with us, and have firm faith in her continuing life beyond the grave.

This was on their wedding day. Mom was 20 and Dad 22.

[Linked Image]

This is Mom and my daugher, Bri, on Bri's wedding day, two years ago. Mom was 91, in this picture.

[Linked Image]

Her obituary:

Virginia Nora Hall passed on to be with her Lord, Jesus Christ, and husband, Vernon Hall, July 8, 2014. Virginia, or Ginny, was a devoted wife to Vernon, and a wonderful mother to their son Rick. Vernon passed before her on April 22, 1985, at 66 years of age. Ginny was 93 at her passing.

Virginia was born on March 21, 1921 and raised on a farm outside of Melbourne, Iowa, by Henry and Vena Halter. She was the middle child in a loving family with two brothers and four sisters. She graduated from Melbourne High School in 1938 and was married to Vernon Hall on September 9, 1941.

Virginia worked during WWII for Fisher�s in Marshalltown while awaiting Vernon�s return from the war. She left the workforce to be an excellent mother to the couples� only child, Rick. She was active in Central Christian Church, in Marshalltown, Iowa, in Women�s Fellowship, Merry Mixers, YWCA, and Hospital Auxiliary. Ginny enjoyed playing bridge and visiting with her friends and relatives.

Virginia is survived by her son Rick Hall, daughter-in-law Brenda Hall, grandson Joshua Hall, and granddaughters Brianna Miller (husband Cole), and Rebekah Hall: all of Des Moines, Iowa. She is also survived by her sister, Norma Graham residing in Seattle, Washington and brother Merrill Halter, living in Mesa, Arizona.

She has joined her parents, husband, brother Lawrence (Jiggs) Halter, and sisters Ruth Munn, Doris Giles, Ruth Munn, Marjorie Davis and many beloved in-laws and friends.

To know Ginny was to love her. Even to the end, she was quick with a smile and kind word for those visiting or caring for her. She passed peacefully in her sleep after a short heart ailment. She will be missed by all who knew her, but is finally home with her beloved Vernon.

A service celebrating her life will be held on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11 AM with a luncheon to follow at Central Christian Church in Marshalltown, Iowa. Memorials can be directed to the family or to the church.
Sounds like she was a lovely woman. Condolences for your loss.
Done
Sorry for your loss.
I am sorry for your loss.

Lynn
I am so sorry to hear this, yet I rejoice for her, knowing where she is.

Thank you for sharing a bit of her life with us. You have my condolences and my prayers, Rick.

Ed
I'm very sorry for your loss, prayers for your family on the way Sir.
RickyD: Sorry to hear of your loss. Lost my mother at 89 just last year. There is some comfort to her having lived a long full life.
Tom,
I guess I missed that, my belated condolences Sir.
Les
No worries. Thank you. It was a comfort that she lived long and well. My father died young, before his time�that was truly awful�.
Yes Sir it is.
My condolences Rick, She appears to have been a very classy lady.

RIP Ginny.
So sorry for your loss ,prayers for you all
I know you are thankful for the many, many years you had her.

May she be lifted up to His arms.
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I am so sorry to hear this, yet I rejoice for her, knowing where she is.

Thank you for sharing a bit of her life with us. You have my condolences and my prayers, Rick.

Ed

Like my friend Ed, I am sorry to hear of your loss, but I am grateful of heaven's gain.

RD, just saw this. My condolences on the loss of your mom but you have the hope of seeing her again.
© 24hourcampfire