Home
Killing our dogs appears to be the police's version of blacks' 'Knockout Game' and they must award each other points for the each dog killed and bonus points if killed under ridiculous excuse or in some especially vile way.

SWAT Unit Kills Two Dogs, Finds Little Evidence In �No-Knock� Raid

Instead of leaving with the drugs and weapons they were sent to find, a Minnesota SWAT team executed a �no-knock raid� that left a family�s two dogs dead.

�The first thing I heard was �boom,�� Larry Lee Arman told KMSP, recalling the raid which occurred in St. Paul at 7 a.m. on Wednesday.

�Bop, bop, bop, bop, bop. Right in front of us.�

Equipped with a warrant for drugs and weapons, the SWAT unit barged in while Arman was asleep on a mattress with his two children, shooting Mello and Laylo, the family�s two pit bulls.

�One was running for her life, and they murdered her right here,� Arman said, with his dogs� blood still on his sneakers.

�I was laying right here, and I really thought I was being murdered.�

Camille Perry, Arman�s girlfriend and the mother of his two children, was in the bathroom when the SWAT unit broke down her door. She expressed anger that the kids could have been injured.

�The only thing I was thinking was my kids were going to get hit by bullets,� she told KMSP.

According to the station, the SWAT unit was executing a search warrant for weapons and drugs. After the shooting and a search of the house, the police unit recovered none of one and very little of the other, finding a small amount of marijuana residue, some clothing, and a bong.

St. Paul police told KMSP that the dogs were shot because the SWAT unit feared for their safety, and department policy allows for the removal of such threats.

Neighbors were also not pleased by the incident.

�All of a sudden, we see the dogs thrown out like pieces of meat, like they were nothing,� neighbor Shawn Miller told KMSP. �We teared up because they are like family to us. Those dogs are real good dogs.�

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/09/s...evidence-in-no-knock-raid/#ixzz37BtibZmX

�All of a sudden, we see the dogs thrown out like pieces of meat, like they were nothing,� neighbor Shawn Miller told KMSP. �We teared up because they are like family to us. Those dogs are real good dogs.�

Were.

Those dogs "were" real good dogs.
If only the cops had followed the Constitution they wouldn't have been in a position to fear those dogs enough to feel excused in shooting them, so that's no excuse.

The vast majority of these SWAT raids are criminal. Without first giving a suspect a reasonable opportunity to examine the papers at the front door, and then to cooperate with the search (to include an opportunity to put their dogs up where they'll be safe), their activities are no more legitimate than those of Viking raiders.

The excuse that evidence might get flushed doesn't nearly cut it. Neither does the excuse that the suspect is known to have weapons (who the hell doesn't?). You can think up all sorts of excuses for ignoring Constitutional rights. Too bad, so sad. The Framers of the Constitution well understood that they were weighting things decidedly against the government in its efforts to investigate citizens for crimes. It's not the job of the police to find ways to short circuit their intentions.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If only the cops had followed the Constitution they wouldn't have been in a position to fear those dogs enough to feel excused in shooting them, so that's no excuse.

The vast majority of these SWAT raids are criminal. Without first giving a suspect a reasonable opportunity to examine the papers at the front door, and then to cooperate with the search (to include an opportunity to put their dogs up where they'll be safe), their activities are no more legitimate than those of Viking raiders.

The excuse that evidence might get flushed doesn't nearly cut it. Neither does the excuse that the suspect is known to have weapons (who the hell doesn't?). You can think up all sorts of excuses for ignoring Constitutional rights. Too bad, so sad. The Framers of the Constitution well understood that they were weighting things decidedly against the government in its efforts to investigate citizens for crimes. It's not the job of the police to find ways to short circuit their intentions.

Judges sign warrants.

Travis
Originally Posted by RWE

Were.

Those dogs "were" real good dogs.

Laughin'...

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

Judges sign warrants.

Travis
The warrant is a right belonging to the suspect. That means it's for his benefit. One of the benefits it affords him is to allow him to verify that the folks trying to gain entry into his home are not mere criminals or pirates, but rather they're there by the lawful authority of the courts. This is so he doesn't react as he might to violent intruders thus endangering himself, his family, his animals, and the police officers. No knock warrant service (SWAT raids) disregards the intended purpose of the warrant.

"Only in a police state is the job of a policeman easy." ~ Orson Welles

And every argument and effort to make the job of a policeman easier or safer is an argument and effort to make us more of a police state.

Judges sign warrants.

Travis
The warrant is a right belonging to the suspect. That means it's for his benefit. One of the benefits it affords him is to allow him to verify that the folks trying to gain entry into his home are not mere criminals or pirates, but rather they're there by the lawful authority of the courts. This is so he doesn't react as he might to violent intruders thus endangering himself, his family, his animals, and the police officers. No knock warrant service (SWAT raids) disregards the intended purpose of the warrant.

Yes. I agree.

But any steward of the law should have the common [bleep] goddamm sense to stop signing all these no-knock warrants.

But they don't.

Travis
judges are cat people.

Herein lies the problem.
I'm waiting for the resident cops to chime in. I wonder if those have dogs of their own?
Originally Posted by Rovering
"Only in a police state is the job of a policeman easy." ~ Orson Welles

And every argument and effort to make the job of a policeman easier or safer is an argument and effort to make us more of a police state.
Exactly right.

Judges sign warrants.

Travis

Yes. I agree.

But any steward of the law should have the common [bleep] goddamm sense to stop signing all these no-knock warrants.

But they don't.

Travis

Correct ^^^

Judges don't set policy for the various dept's but at the very least they should read their policy's and ask for a definition of "feels threatened" before issuing no-knock's.
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I'm waiting for the resident cops to chime in. I wonder if those have dogs of their own?

Happy to chime in ..........I am, unfortunately, down to a single dog. My 13 year old beagle died a couple months back. I'm debating replacement at this point, time will tell.

George

I have dogs. But I don't buy dope or sell dope and I can own guns. I figure the are pretty damn safe.

Dink
I'm lovin' this. The number of anti-pit bull threads we've had and the numbers of members that are quick to chime in and just say " Kill them all!"
All hunky dory until a cop kills one, and we don't even know the details�..

I just watched a show with cops on it last night serving up a no-knock warrant on a dope house�.they bust in and one comes right back out with a pit bull hanging on him.
Theres a reason those dopers have those dogs�.

George�get another dog! Gypsy needs someone to play with! ( and if my experience is any indicator, Shepherds prefer something almost as sharp as they are�)
I suppose I should add some detail to my post, in that how they would feel if someone walked in their back yard and killed their dog. Although this instance had them killed inside the home, just recently old dogs were killed in the yard.

Do these judges know and authorize the "no-knock forced entry"? As in kill anything that moves when you break the door down?
Travis has answered all questions on warrents. Ingwe has waxed eloquent on interaction w/ dopers and pitbulls. One would think that Montana produces thinkers and therefore they could tell me where to go to shoot a wolf.

mike r
Originally Posted by DINK

I have dogs. But I don't buy dope or sell dope and I can own guns. I figure the are pretty damn safe.

Dink

That's what rancher Cole Midleton thought when he called the police to report the burglary of his home, but the responding cop still shot his cow dog Candy.

[Linked Image]

That's what Craig Jones thought when he simply went to eat breakfast; but a cop still shot his Labrador, Arfie, that was safely shut in Jones' van - then lied about both the risk that Arfie posed and his breed.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by lvmiker
One would think that Montana produces thinkers...

mike r

Stinkers. Do try to spell it correctly.
Yes. I agree.

But they don't.

Travis
Then those judges need to be put in cells right next to the cops who carry out those no knock warrants.
Gee? You think maybe judges could be the problem? And not the muscle?

You spend so much agonizing over this schist I'd think you could sort that out.

Travis

Travis
That didn't work at Nuremberg.

Travis

Well that's [bleep]' brilliant.

Just standby and hope our future conquerers are the ghosts of the Founding Fathers and hold all accountable for not adhering to the Constitution.

You're a US citizen with concerns. Your concerns are misplaced.

Travis
It's time to start killing pigs instead of dogs. ;-)
Originally Posted by conrad101st
It's time to start killing pigs instead of dogs. ;-)

See ya' on the news.

Travis
You know, I think there are by far enough threads to start a "Bad LEO" forum, a place where some can go hunt the net and then post every bad cop story they can find. Could be very therapeutic for those who feel the need to prove a point.

I think the bad leo threads have knocked California to second place, and that's saying a lot.
Originally Posted by Barkoff
You know, I think there are by far enough threads to start a "Bad LEO" forum, a place where some can go hunt the net and then post every bad cop story they can find. Could be very therapeutic for those who feel the need to prove a point.

I think the bad leo threads have knocked California to second place, and that's saying a lot.

I think it is only fair to warn you and the others so inclined that your STFU posts and threads are both ineffectual and only illustrate your desperation in trying to defend the indefensible.

[Linked Image]

This far in with you folks your STFU tactics are just welcome signals to press on with the truth.

To silence criticism is to silence freedom. ~ Sidney Hook
[Linked Image]

neidermire?
Originally Posted by Rovering
Originally Posted by Barkoff

I think it is only fair to warn you and the others so inclined that your STFU posts and threads are both ineffectual and only illustrate your desperation in trying to defend the indefensible.

[Linked Image]

This far in with you folks your STFU tactics are just welcome signals to press on with the truth.

To silence criticism is to silence freedom. ~ Sidney Hook

STFU tactics? My, aren't you the sensitive one.
Carry on, continue to do your thing, dig, did, dig, the more you can dig up, the more you can convince yourself it is a prevalent problem.
If you don't see it's a prevalent problem, then your a [bleep] idiot.

Travis

Are you F*cking kidding me?

You spent 45 pages and countless kb of binary BS trying to convince everyone that the holocaust didn't happen, which would pretty well cast a lot of suspicion on the reason for the Nuremburg trials, let alone their implications.

And now its your reason to continue your cop hate in the face of a logical, (yet brassly expressed) argument.

Keep going, The_Real_Don_Quixote. You and Hovering are really accomplishing something here.

Other than posting repetitive cartoons if someone disagrees, throwing out some pithy literary and historical quotes and reciprocal accolades that would make politicians jealous - not sure what it is.

Anyway, keep looking for the holy grail of bad cop threads, because I understand that if its posted, than everyone who anxiously awaits what the resident cops are going to say will finally be able to ......

stop waiting?

F*ck, I guess that's what the whole exercise is all about.

© 24hourcampfire