Home
Posted By: MColeman Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202517290999274

[/video]
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
That was painful!
Funny for a bit, but actually pretty sad...
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
I hope it was fake.
That WAS painful.
Those two dudes have no perspective. They've probably walked everywhere they've ever been.
I won't get into the public schools because it's criminal what educators get away with not teaching.
Posted By: rong Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
that's our future.
fo sho
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Lets hope that those two were playing with everyone. If not that is a true condemnation of our current educational system. For those of us older than 40, we remember when everyone was taught the same things. If you learned what you were taught, you passed, if not you failed. Today, you pass regardless. No child left behind. Great system.
Originally Posted by ro1459
Lets hope that those two were playing with everyone. If not that is a true condemnation of our current educational system. For those of us older than 40, we remember when everyone was taught the same things. If you learned what you were taught, you passed, if not you failed. Today, you pass regardless. No child left behind. Great system.

We can Hope
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
This video is sad but believable. Check out this from a teacher who tried to teach in a poor inner city school:

Essay by a teacher in a black high school

Here is part of it:
*This is a repost from the rants and raves section from the Mobile, Alabama craigslist.*
The truth is usually a tough thing to accept, so I understand if this is flagged. It would be a cowardly thing to do, but I understand it. Some people just ignore unpleasant truths. However, if you think ignoring the problem, or trying to censor the truth, will help our black children improve, you�re dreaming. This is important, so I�m happy to repost � indefinitely if necessary. I find it interesting that NO ONE has had the intellect to refute anything in the essay. They can only attempt to censor it, as if doing so somehow makes it invalid. Weak minds, weak minds.
Until recently I taught at a predominantly black high school in a southeastern state.
The mainstream press gives a hint of what conditions are like in black schools, but only a hint. Expressions journalists use like �chaotic� or �poor learning environment� or �lack of discipline� do not capture what really happens. There is nothing like the day-to-day experience of teaching black children and that is what I will try to convey.
Most whites simply do not know what black people are like in large numbers, and the first encounter can be a shock.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Fo-shizzle

And everyone gets a trophy whether they win or not. We wouldn't want children learning how to deal with failure or anything.
Posted By: 257James Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Originally Posted by Esox357
That was painful!

I'll second that......wow!!
Posted By: CCCC Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Sad waste of human abilities. These people vote for the likes of Obama and other leadership zeros.

Do whatever you can to help and have your kids and grandkids learn, for themselves, the power of learning - to be able to think, to reason, to know what is valuable - and what is worthless - and to be their own teachers.
There ought to be a minimum IQ to get a voter registration card...

One of baby Bush's ideas. No child left behind. And to think during his admin. they had the votes to eliminate the Dept. of Ed. So much for smaller Gov.
Posted By: fish head Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
I can't tell if it's fake or not. The guy filming is smoking weed and the other two are stoned out of their minds and I wonder whether they're just shuckin' and jivin' on the porch.

Posted By: W7ACT Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
I can believe that as I can remember some of the segments of both Johnny Carson and Jay Leno on the Tonite Show going out on the streets of LA asking people questions and many of them couldn't even tell Johnny or Jay the answer to the question:

"Who was buried in Grant's Tomb?"

They weren't all black either.
How is that video a condemnation of our educational system?

To prove that it was you'd also have to prove that:
1-Those folks went to school
2-Those folks attempted to succeed at school
3-Those folks had the intellect to actually grasp the concepts taught at school to begin with.

Good luck proving all three.
video is sad, but no surprise. The culmination of many years of liberal dreams and work.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Originally Posted by MColeman

Someone grab a fire extinguisher I smell burning brains.
A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste !!!!
Not a school system problem as you cant teach common sense, simple deduction and reasoning. You have to wonder what these guys think about and ponder at any given time.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
This video is sad but believable. Check out this from a teacher who tried to teach in a poor inner city school:

Here is part of it:
*This is a repost from the rants and raves section from the Mobile, Alabama craigslist.*
The truth is usually a tough thing to accept, so I understand if this is flagged. It would be a cowardly thing to do, but I understand it. Some people just ignore unpleasant truths. However, if you think ignoring the problem, or trying to censor the truth, will help our black children improve, you�re dreaming. This is important, so I�m happy to repost � indefinitely if necessary. I find it interesting that NO ONE has had the intellect to refute anything in the essay. They can only attempt to censor it, as if doing so somehow makes it invalid. Weak minds, weak minds.
Until recently I taught at a predominantly black high school in a southeastern state.
The mainstream press gives a hint of what conditions are like in black schools, but only a hint. Expressions journalists use like �chaotic� or �poor learning environment� or �lack of discipline� do not capture what really happens. There is nothing like the day-to-day experience of teaching black children and that is what I will try to convey.
Most whites simply do not know what black people are like in large numbers, and the first encounter can be a shock.

I read that essay a while ago and it's disheartening, to say the least.

You couldn't custom make a culture more doomed to repetitive failure if you tried. If it could be fixed from the outside it would have been long ago, but that will never happen. Like any group that gets its identity from a feeling of persecution, it's almost a badge of honor to maintain that status. I saw that in the Army - blacks have more peer pressure to be "black" than any group of whites or Hispanics I ever saw.

The only way it will be fixed is from the inside, and even though we see those voices crying in the wilderness - some of Chris Rock's videos, Jonathon Gentry's rant against Ferguson (posted elsewhere here), Bill Cosby's long time stance - it's all for naught since anyone criticizing the status quo of the culture is ostracized - they're "white".

I really try to be objective about this. I've known a handful of black men that were intelligent, moral, people anyone could look up to and respect - a certain systems analyst and several black NCOs come to mind. Either they were genetic anomalies or proof that anyone can succeed with the right attitude, I favor the latter view. But I am SO friggin' glad I live in a place with a very low population of black people. Current black "culture" is a cancer that can only be cured by the patients themselves, and I see absolutely no way that is going to happen.
Posted By: W7ACT Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Here is part of it:

I read that essay a while ago and it's disheartening, to say the least.

You couldn't custom make a culture more doomed to repetitive failure if you tried. If it could be fixed from the outside it would have been long ago, but that will never happen. Like any group that gets its identity from a feeling of persecution, it's almost a badge of honor to maintain that status. I saw that in the Army - blacks have more peer pressure to be "black" than any group of whites or Hispanics I ever saw.

The only way it will be fixed is from the inside, and even though we see those voices crying in the wilderness - some of Chris Rock's videos, Jonathon Gentry's rant against Ferguson (posted elsewhere here), Bill Cosby's long time stance - it's all for naught since anyone criticizing the status quo of the culture is ostracized - they're "white".

I really try to be objective about this. I've known a handful of black men that were intelligent, moral, people anyone could look up to and respect - a certain systems analyst and several black NCOs come to mind. Either they were genetic anomalies or proof that anyone can succeed with the right attitude, I favor the latter view. But I am SO friggin' glad I live in a place with a very low population of black people. Current black "culture" is a cancer that can only be cured by the patients themselves, and I see absolutely no way that is going to happen.

It's really sad that any African American Citizen that sees the problem with the Black Culture and tries to improve their lot is automatically called an "Uncle Tom" and is ostracized by the Black Community.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Obviously fake. If that's their yard someone explain to me why it's mowed.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
That WAS painful.
Those two dudes have no perspective. They've probably walked everywhere they've ever been.
I won't get into the public schools because it's criminal what educators get away with not teaching.

Bart,

Their teachers share the same intelligence level..

Thanks affirmative action and diploma mill predominately black colleges!
You sure that they are not big O's brain trust. grin

Got to love them trick questions.
Posted By: benchman Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Nope - my friend and shipmate, Darryl Duff (ALSO a 6'5" 300 pound black man), is Ferguson's best - for REAL. An absolutely fine gentleman. A REAL gentle giant. Needless to say, he is saddened and embarrassed by the turn of events in Ferguson.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
This is one of the the outcomes of that fabulous movement started by LBJ - "The Great Society". To hell in a handbasket at 80 miles per hour.
Posted By: benchman Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Originally Posted by CCCC
This is one of the the outcomes of that fabulous movement started by LBJ - "The Great Society". To hell in a handbasket at 80 miles per hour.
Often referred to as the "grate" society - you know - the guys that keep warm on the grates...
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14

Sadly Mickey I know a few white boys just as stupid.
Posted By: MColeman Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Originally Posted by 12344mag

No doubt but I'll wager it's easier to find blacks like that than it is whites.
I can honestly say I've never known anyone with "normal" mental capacity that could not answer such a question. Friends son has severe mental damage, that I can understand. But these two?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/23/14
Originally Posted by 12344mag

No doubt but I'll wager it's easier to find blacks like that than it is whites.

I'd wager that you are correct, most likely it would depend on the area. where I live there are not many blacks of the probably 15 or 20 only 4 or 5 are decent educated people. Lots more dumb whites here than blacks.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 08/26/14
No child left behind. Great system.

The No Child Left Behind law provides some measure of accountability for the educational system. It is only because of it that we know how well schools are doing.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 04/28/15
I miss Mickey
Same here, he was a sweet dude.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 04/28/15
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I miss Mickey

Lots of us do.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 04/28/15
Amen Sean!
Posted By: Scott F Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 04/28/15
I miss Mickey

Yep, he left a big hole.
Posted By: g5m Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 04/28/15
I miss him too.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 04/28/15
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
I can honestly say I've never known anyone with "normal" mental capacity that could not answer such a question. Friends son has severe mental damage, that I can understand. But these two?

Big deal. We have members here who:

-Can't spell words like 'pearl'.
-Can't see the difference between a painfully, glaringly obvious scam artist (a really, REALLY bad one at that) from a decent guy with a run of bad luck.
-Can't participate in any thread without lying.
-Can't follow through after appealing for, and receiving generous donations for a 'worthy cause'.
-Worship, envy and hang upon every word of other members' posts, ones who have proven themselves to be 100% shytbirds.
-Call others liars because they've never experienced anything like what another has lived, and haven't and never will possess the intellect to figure out that just because they've never seen it, or lived it, doesn't make it untrue.
-Have never, will never and have no desire to venture anywhere in the world outside their county's borders.
-Cannot understand the fundamental difference between a man's talking the talk and the one who walks the walk.
-Do basic math, or has any fundamental education under his belt.
-Will not apologize or admit being wrong, for any reason, ever.
-Will embrace a deep hatred of entire races/colors/creeds/nationalities based on what they see on TV or read on some internet forum.

Were those two in the video any worse than some here? You make the call.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 04/28/15
Better than a few anyways.
Posted By: kamo_gari Re: Some of Ferguson's best? - 04/28/15
Better than a few anyways.

No argument on that from me.
© 24hourcampfire